___

Deezer:

#59 Austria (+13)
    #79 Kenya (NE)

Leave a comment:

• LostAvenger
    replied
    Originally posted by Angeman View Post

It's not blocked in the United States but I think the bigger question is why are you listening to MDNA.
    Well, we're nearing the 10th anniversary.

Leave a comment:

• Angeman
    replied
    Originally posted by music126 View Post
    Does anyone know why Beautiful Killer is blocked on Spotify?
    It's not blocked in the United States but I think the bigger question is why are you listening to MDNA.

Leave a comment:

• music126
    replied
    Does anyone know why Beautiful Killer is blocked on Spotify?

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by nympho View Post
    ^
    No one said it was an airplay hit or that radios played it right from the start, did I?
    But charting on the airplay chart, let alone peaking at #42, means it was played by radio… Top 20 on Pop and HAC.
    Which obviously denies the “it wasn’t played anywhere” theory.
    Just that. It’s a fact.

That could be said about Hollywood or Love Profusion which were heavily ignored by radio after the AL backlash… or the following Confessions singles… but not about Hung Up.
    It wasn't ignored but it wasn't even close to be a RADIO HIT. As you say we can't say radios ignored it but in comparing to the rest of the world it was pretty much ignored.

It peaked #42 and that was the only week inside the TOP 50 airplay chart. Some radios did play it a lot and others almost totally ignored it

It was a niche hit on some radio stations formats in US only.

"Hung Up" even missed the Year End TOP 100 Radio Songs in both 2005 and 2006 in US showing just how a small radio hit this really was. Can you really call it a Radio Hit? It was not ignored by radios as much as her previous singles (after "Die Another Day" that peaked #15 on Radio Songs and made it to TOP 100 Radio Songs Year End in both 2002 and 2003 all her songs were pretty much ignored by radios) but "Hung Up" was not a radio hit.

They played a few times for a few weeks in each station just to have an excuse to say "they tried to play it but listeners didn't want to listen to this song and we dropped it" because was #01 on single sales and digital sales for multiple weeks (and was #01 all over the world and this was Madonna, not an unknown artist they could ignore). Let's not forget that the album also #01 putting pressure on radios and making the song play on chart shows (the album release week was also the radio peak for the song as well).

This song was a TOP 20 Airplay Year End Hit in almost all European countries in both 2005 and 2006 (now that's what I call a radio hit) - even TOP 10 year end of both 2005 and 2006 in some countries.

I don't have data with me but I believe that in NY and LA it probably was a TOP 100 Year End airplay hit as I remember it had much more airplay in some cities/states compared to others. I'm sure that in some of those republican cities it wasn't even a TOP 100 airplay weekly hit (and that's why it peaked so low on airplay).
    Last edited by MadNuno; Sat January 22, 2022, 19:20.

Leave a comment:

• pablob
    replied
    Originally posted by flotando View Post
    Biggest gains of the week besides Frozen Remix are 4 Minutes and Bitch Im Madonna. I think they may be the kind of songs the Frozen Remix listeners know about Madonna. Maybe Medellin is back on the top 30 because of that, too. Wonder if Crave is an option when Swae Lee remix will be released.

Also, Lucky Star. I think it's because everyone's watching Euphoria and it was featured on the first season.
    I'm not sure if this is a proper interpretation.
    Percentage-wise those songs did have the biggest gains, but looking at absolute streams, HU increased more than 4M, and LAP, LIB, MG, LAV, Vogue, LS, Frozen (original), Sorry, CFY, and PDP, all increased more than BIM

Leave a comment:

• Angeman
    replied
    As someone who lives in the United States I can tell you 100% that hung up got radio play and a good amount. And also was one of those songs that people knew regardless of how much airplay it got. Plus it got good play on those MTV video countdowns because that's how I knew about the song

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    From the Confessions album:

I Love New York SPS: 65,000

Future Lovers SPS: 47,000

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    ^
    No one said it was an airplay hit or that radios played it right from the start, did I?
    But charting on the airplay chart, let alone peaking at #42, means it was played by radio… Top 20 on Pop and HAC.
    Which obviously denies the “it wasn’t played anywhere” theory.
    Just that. It’s a fact.

That could be said about Hollywood or Love Profusion which were heavily ignored by radio after the AL backlash… or the following Confessions singles… but not about Hung Up.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied

Well, Hung Up was #42 on the overall Billboard Airplay Chart, and, by genres: #17 on Pop, #16 on Adult Pop, #29 on AC, #1 on Dance Airplay and even #28 on Latin Pop.

It was definitely played somewhere... a lot actually.

It could have peaked higher than #7 on Hot 100 with more airplay support, but saying it had zero airplay is not true.
    So a song that was #01 for 2 weeks on Downloads/Digital Songs and 13 weeks on Single Sales was not even TOP 40 airplay hit. They blocked her as much they could and tried to disguise it.

"Hung Up" was #42 on airplay the week after it's Hot 100 peak. The song debuted #01 on Single sales, Maxi-single sales and Download Songs and stayed #01 on al these charts 2 weeks (It was #01 on Single Sales for 13 weeks). After stepping down to #02 Download Songs (3rd week on the chart) it peaked on radio songs at #42 showing that some radios decided they had no choise but to play the song or give it a few more spins - Madonna was #01 on every sales charts for already 2 weeks and radios didn't know how long would she stay at #01 so they had no excuse not to play it. Also radio shows that play Billboard TOP 10 or TOP 40 Songs were now also playing the song that week as well increasing her radio plays.

"Hunp Up" entered Radio Songs TOP 100 since early November and climbled slowly on the charts. The song was released in US later than in the rest of the world as was literally hitting #01 in every world country (it spent 3 weeks at #01 in UK being first week 15/11/2005 before peaking in US).

Hung Up entered Hot 100 at #14 (the song biggest sales week) based mostly on sales as was still climbing slowly on radio (was already TOP 100 Radio Songs for 3 weeks but not yet inside the TOP 50). As the song was TOP 20 on Hot 100 some more radios picked up the song and play it helping it be #07 the following week. The airplay peak of #42 was the only week inside Radio Songs TOP 50 and happened the following week (5th TOP 100 Radio Songs and sales were still high but was no longer #01 on download charts - this was the 3rd week on Hot 100).The song was able to stay a second week at #07 due to that airplay peak as sales were falling a bit every week. After that week radio support was withdrawn in many stations that start playing the song less and less (or even at all). The following week (7th week of 11 at TOP 100 Radio Songs) the song was already out of this TOP 50 region Airplay chart falling to #14 on Hot 100 that same week. So the #42 airplay peak was the only week "Hung Up" spent on TOP 50 region Radio Songs.

The song fell out of Radio Songs TOP 100 after just 11 weeks showing that radio support for the song was very low (the song spent more than 11 weeks in most European countries airplay chart TOP 10 region hitting #01 airplay in almost all of them. After 7 weeks on Hot 100 "Hung Up" falls to #21 despite still being #03 on Download Songs and #01 on Single Sales Charts (8th of 11 weeks inside airplay TOP 100).

At the same time "Hung Up" was falling off the charts Mariah Carey "Don't Forget About Us" was climbing to #01 on Hot 100 based on Radio Songs hitting #01 on Hot 100 and Radio Songs the same week. Her song also peaked #01 for 1 week on Digital Song Sales that same week but remained another 5 weeks at #01 on Radio Songs (she never peaked #01 on Single Sales as "Hung Up" was still #01 and blocked it). "Don't Forget About Us" was #01 for only 2 weeks as sales dropped a bit It felt to #07 on 3rd week at #01 on Radio Songs and just climb back to another 2 weeks at #04 (while was still #01 at Radio Songs). At this time Madonna "Hung Up" was still on the charts at #43 now based almost only on Sales as it was out of Airplay TOP 100 for 4 weeks already (of course it still had some points from airplay but less and less every week).

When "Sorry" debuted on HOT 100 "Hung Up" was still on the chart at #74 (her Grammy performance allowed the song to hang to chart TOP 50 region for longer).

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100/2006-03-18/

Leave a comment:

• wowsignal14
    replied

Well, Hung Up was #42 on the overall Billboard Airplay Chart, and, by genres: #17 on Pop, #16 on Adult Pop, #29 on AC, #1 on Dance Airplay and even #28 on Latin Pop.

It could have peaked higher than #7 on Hot 100 with more airplay support, but saying it had zero airplay is not true.
    that is basically nothing especially back in the day where Radio was much more important than now

Leave a comment:

• wowsignal14
    replied
    I'm so frustrated with how out of touch Madonna's team is...

1. her Spotify mess:
    Madonna's Spotify is so messy and mishandled it gives me a headache... all those versions of the same songs that aren't merged makes the streams get divided between identical versions and it's SO ANNOYING. and it's not like it's hard to fix, Mariah for example has all her Songs merged with similar versions from compilations
    for example:
    Holiday has 4 separated studio versions:

Holiday (Madonna) 61,611,072
    Holiday (You Can Dance) 913,312
    Holiday (The Immaculate Collection) 6,669,481
    Holiday (Celebration) 59,627,930

if her team was any decent these 4 would be merged under a single sum of 128,821,795

and also remaining on the Spotify topic ... many of the songs there are so low quality, is her team so incompetent they can't upload the high quality CD versions ?

2. the awful absence of strategy for the re-issues and promoting her past work

Like A Prayer and True Blue both got reissues in their anniversaries in 2019 and 2021 respectively, and guess what they are only available to purchase DIGITALLY... a format that's been DEAD for over half a decade now.
    what's stopping her team from releasing them on Vinyl and CD, especially the True Blue reissue it has an amazingly beautiful cover, if released on vinyl i'm sure many collectors will buy it.

Leave a comment:

• HardGrammy
    replied
    Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post

BTW, new peak in streams in Lithuania, Germany and Austria. Let's see later today if it still managed to get a new peak WW... sadly it feels the song is losing strength (it's been leaving the charts in lots of countries on iTunes, Shazam, Apple Music and now Spotify).
    I just debuted in Apple Music France though! That's a big market!

Leave a comment:

• UnapologeticKenny
    replied
    Originally posted by flotando View Post
    Out in Norway (+35 new entries), new peak in Lithuania
    BTW, new peak in streams in Lithuania, Germany and Austria. Let's see later today if it still managed to get a new peak WW... sadly it feels the song is losing strength (it's been leaving the charts in lots of countries on iTunes, Shazam, Apple Music and now Spotify).

Leave a comment:

• flotando
    replied
    Out in Norway (+35 new entries), new peak in Lithuania

New peak of streamings in Germany: 81,000, 12,000 more than yesterday, so a new peak of streamings is possible for today.

Streams Daily #58 -7 Finland
    Streams Daily #94 +27 Lithuania
    Streams Daily #121 -15 Germany
    Streams Daily #146 -3 Austria
    Streams Daily #200 -40 Sweden
    Last edited by flotando; Sat January 22, 2022, 11:32.

Leave a comment:

• britneyliam
    replied

dance airplay is small,there are only eight stations when chart established in 2005 #17 on mainstream top40 was OK

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
    I am well aware of how she was boycotted by radio in America dur to her political speech against Bush and everything that came after that in America.
    i have 2 things to say:
    1) it didnt "kill" her career in the United States. It kiled her radio support. Biggest proof of this is how Hung Up peaked at #7 on the Hot 100 despite being played nowhere.
    2) My point here is not to debate why American Life flopped. I'm only sharing my view on why it's a waste of time to try to make its singles visible to the public because they deserve some kind of justice..

Leave a comment:

• upushme
    replied
    Spotify 20.01.2022

Crave - MNEK Remix 552.107 +104
    Crave - Boris Remix 27.164 +16
    Crave - DJLW Remix 30.718 +16
    Crave - Joe Gauthreaux & Leanh Radio Edit 29.204 +13
    Crave - Mike Cruz Club Remix 24.187 +6
    Crave - Thomas Gold Extended Remix 206.258 +50
    Crave - Benny Benassi & BB Team Extended Remix 80.714 +42
    Crave - Benny Benassi & BB Team Radio Edit 668.302 +54
    Crave - Dan De Leon & Anthony Griego Remix 37.017 +10
    Crave - Otto Benson Remix 30.925 +9
    Crave - RNG Club Remix 45.071 +16
    Crave - Tracy Young Dangerous Radio Edit 240.353 +178
    Crave - Tracy Young Dangerous Remix 898.653 +266
    Crave - Twisted Dee & Diego Fernandez Remix 37.867 +17

TOTAL 2.908.540 +797

Leave a comment:

• castorino
    replied
    I would expect Frozen original version to see the biggest increase, but it is not the case....

Leave a comment:

• flotando
    replied
    Biggest gains of the week besides Frozen Remix are 4 Minutes and Bitch Im Madonna. I think they may be the kind of songs the Frozen Remix listeners know about Madonna. Maybe Medellin is back on the top 30 because of that, too. Wonder if Crave is an option when Swae Lee remix will be released.

Also, Lucky Star. I think it's because everyone's watching Euphoria and it was featured on the first season.

Leave a comment:

• MusicLover88
    replied
    It’s stagnating

Leave a comment:

Working...
X