X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MusicGoddess
    replied
    Originally posted by LostAvenger View Post

Billboard didn't have one, but according to the America's Top Ten show hosted by Casey Kasem, these were the top ten acts of the 1980s:

1. Michael Jackson
    2. Madonna
    3. Daryl Hall & John Oates
    4. Prince
    5. Lionel Richie
    6. Billy Joel
    7. Phil Collins
    8. Elton John
    9. John Cougar Mellencamp
    10. Huey Lewis & The News
    Thank u.

i know than Madonna winner the artist of the decade poll by Billboard. But i saw this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br8JAZSn...dium=copy_link

U can tell me?

Leave a comment:

• UnapologeticKenny
    replied
    Frozen (Sickick Remix) on Spotify

Spoiler!

DATE: TotalStreams (DailyGain) %±YD [%±LW]

21/01/22: 14,286,880 (+460,178) +8,16% [+4,24%]
    22/01/22: 14,736,626 (+449,746) -2,26% [+4,14%]
    23/01/22: 15,134,076 (+397,450) -11,62% [+4,08%]
    24/01/22: 15,578,029 (+443,953) +11,70% [+6,43%]
    25/01/22: 16,028,844 (+450,815) +1,54% [+6,89%]
    26/01/22: 16,483,757 (+454,913) +0,90% [+5,89%]
    27/01/22: 16,944,954 (+461,197) +1,38% [+8,40%]

28/01/22: 17,434,534 (+489,580) +6,15% [+6,39%]
    29/01/22: 17,912,436 (+477,902) -2,38 [+6,26%]
    30/01/22: 18,327,581 (+415,145) -13,13 [+4,45%]
    31/01/22: 18,790,449 (+462,868) +11,49 [+4,26%]
    ___

Official Spotify Charts:

#73 Finland (+06) - 8,060
    #95 Germany (+05) - 76,425
    #125 Austria (+04) - 5,546
    #196 Switzerland (RE) - 5,422
    #179 Lithuania (RE) - 1,125

Thanks to flotando and @jjavier1978
    ___

Apple Music:

#104 Czech Republic (+10)
    #123 Lithuania (-58)
    #125 Switzerland (=)
    #128 Bulgaria (+48)
    #151 Germany (-9)
    #151 Latvia (+30)
    #162 Austria (+8)
    #175 Turkey (-13)
    #190 France (+2)
    ___

Deezer:

#97 Bulgaria (-29)

Leave a comment:

• LostAvenger
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicGoddess View Post
    Hi! Please! Somebody can tell me who was the top 5 artist of the decade by billboard in the last 4 decades?

80s
    90s
    2000s
    2010s

?

Thank u so much.
    Billboard didn't have one, but according to the America's Top Ten show hosted by Casey Kasem, these were the top ten acts of the 1980s:

1. Michael Jackson
    2. Madonna
    3. Daryl Hall & John Oates
    4. Prince
    5. Lionel Richie
    6. Billy Joel
    7. Phil Collins
    8. Elton John
    9. John Cougar Mellencamp
    10. Huey Lewis & The News

Leave a comment:

• MusicGoddess
    replied
    Originally posted by Choley View Post

90's

1.Mariah Carey
    2.Janet Jackson
    3.Garth Brooks
    4.Boyz II Men
    5.Celine Dion
    6.Madonna

00's

1.Eminem
    2.Usher
    3.Nelly
    4.Beyonce
    5.Alicia Keys

10's

1.Drake
    2.Taylor Swift
    3.Bruno Mars
    4.Rihanna
    5.Adele

80's was the Madonna according to MTV
    Hi!

thank u!

and from Billboard, from the 80s?

was Madonna at # 1?

Leave a comment:

• Choley
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicGoddess View Post
    Hi! Please! Somebody can tell who was the top 5 artist of the decade by billboard in the las 4 decades?

80s
    90s
    2000s
    2010s

?

Thank u so much.
    90's

1.Mariah Carey
    2.Janet Jackson
    3.Garth Brooks
    4.Boyz II Men
    5.Celine Dion
    6.Madonna

00's

1.Eminem
    2.Usher
    3.Nelly
    4.Beyonce
    5.Alicia Keys

10's

1.Drake
    2.Taylor Swift
    3.Bruno Mars
    4.Rihanna
    5.Adele

80's was the Madonna according to MTV

Leave a comment:

• MusicGoddess
    replied
    Hi! Please! Somebody can tell me who was the top 5 artist of the decade by billboard in the last 4 decades?

80s
    90s
    2000s
    2010s

?

Thank u so much.
    Last edited by MusicGoddess; Tue February 1, 2022, 21:09.

Leave a comment:

• Choley
    replied
    Why are there always comparisons here?

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

That's true... her YouTube channel is even worst managed than Madonna YouTube channel.

Madonna also still doesn't have all her videos available on YouTube Hope we get there (many are only available since 2017 or 2018).

But even if Janet videos were all available she wouldn't even be near of the TOP 200 worldwide most viewed artist like Madonna is (she would need at least around 3.7 billion video views to be TOP 200).
    You are actually trying to put down Janet and its sad considering how much after Suprrbowl incident she really backed from her career after huge backlash but that don't count I guess.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by lovedeluxe View Post
    Most of Janet's videos aren't available. Not really a fair comparison. Some of her official videos were finally unblocked just a few months ago.
    That's true... her YouTube channel is even worst managed than Madonna YouTube channel.

Madonna also still doesn't have all her videos available on YouTube Hope we get there (many are only available since 2017 or 2018).

But even if Janet videos were all available she wouldn't even be near of the TOP 200 worldwide most viewed artist like Madonna is (she would need at least around 3.7 billion video views to be TOP 200).

Leave a comment:

• lovedeluxe
    replied
    Most of Janet's videos aren't available. Not really a fair comparison. Some of her official videos were finally unblocked just a few months ago.

Leave a comment:

• Maddy1982
    replied
    Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
    Nothing to be pissed about. Madonna is way bigger. End of.
    One hit with trillion views won't change the game. Never. Some one hit wonders would become bigger arrists because one specific song has huge views?? Hell no.
    Los del rio with Marcarena must be the best dance singer in the world then because its topped the charts so long.
    Exactly, Madonna has something like 4.4 BILLION YouTube views for her official videos

Cyndi Lauper has 1.7 BILLION but 1 BILLION of those views is for one song (GJWTHF) and another 500 million for another song (TAT), both from her very first album, so her enrtire careers worth of work bar those two songs has 200 million combined views

not good at all

poor Janet only has over 300 million views on YT for her entire career

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by HardGrammy View Post
    Kinda odd to see it reach the top 10 in sales in France, granted it's Itunes so it should be around 50 copies but it barely broke the top 100 all this time.
    Not sure how are sales in France right now - sales vary greatly country to country (not all countries have embraced streaming that well and so fast in Europe comparing to US despite being growing a lot these past 2 years). Still is nice to see the song moving up on TOP 200 Spofify.

In 2019 "Medellin" peaked #11 and "Crave" was #23 on France Singles Sales Charts.
    Last edited by MadNuno; Tue February 1, 2022, 19:35.

Leave a comment:

• HardGrammy
    replied
    Kinda odd to see it reach the top 10 in sales in France, granted it's Itunes so it should be around 50 copies but it barely broke the top 100 all this time.

Leave a comment:

• autumnwind
    replied
    Nothing to be pissed about. Madonna is way bigger. End of.
    One hit with trillion views won't change the game. Never. Some one hit wonders would become bigger arrists because one specific song has huge views?? Hell no.
    Los del rio with Marcarena must be the best dance singer in the world then because its topped the charts so long.

Leave a comment:

• LostAvenger
    replied
    Kinda smashing in France.

#7 on French iTunes:
    7 +13 Madonna & Sickick - Frozen
    #192 on Apple Music & #49 on Shazam France.

#157 on radio airplay:

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    Fajitas standing ovation to you, baby

Leave a comment:

• Fajitas
    replied
    Originally posted by castorino View Post

Cindy Lauper who stopped having hits many years before Madonna and was overall less successful by far, still manages to have a billion views video on YouTube, something that Madonna, the absolute Queen of videoclips in the MTV era, doesn't have and won't have for a few years, meaning that when she finally reaches that goal it won't be as significant as it is today. To me, this is proof that Madonna's streams don't match with her past status among female pop stars, and not in comparison with young current singers, but with her peers from the Eighties.
    I am not saying this to put her down, on the contrary I think she deserves so much more on streaming platforms and I am pissed she isn't reaching her full potential on YT and Spotify, where she could be much bigger than she is now.
    Oh please…

Madonna gets 2M views on average everyday on YouTube.
    Cindy Lauper gets 500k.
    --> https://kworb.net/youtube/archive.html

Now you will tell me that it is normal because Madonna has 269 videos on her channel and Cyndi Lauper has only 48.

Cindy Lauper's 48th video got 2 views yesterday. TWO. That's you and me and nobody else.
    Madonna's 48th video got 6.7k views yesterday.

Madonna has 4 videos above 100k views everyday.
    Cindy Lauper has 2.

Madonna has 9 videos above 100M views. 2 others are expected to reach that threshold by June.
    Cindy Lauper has 3 videos above 100M views. Her 4th most video has 23M views… It gets 10k views a day. It will reach 100M in exactly 8105 days. Thats 22 years.

Do you need more darling?

Leave a comment:

• HardGrammy
    replied
    Originally posted by castorino View Post

Cindy Lauper who stopped having hits many years before Madonna and was overall less successful by far, still manages to have a billion views video on YouTube, something that Madonna, the absolute Queen of videoclips in the MTV era, doesn't have and won't have for a few years, meaning that when she finally reaches that goal it won't be as significant as it is today. To me, this is proof that Madonna's streams don't match with her past status among female pop stars, and not in comparison with young current singers, but with her peers from the Eighties.
    I am not saying this to put her down, on the contrary I think she deserves so much more on streaming platforms and I am pissed she isn't reaching her full potential on YT and Spotify, where she could be much bigger than she is now.
    So I guess you forgot about the mismanagement of Madonna's Youtube channel until 2017?

Leave a comment:

• castorino
    replied
    Originally posted by Maddy1982 View Post
    That doesn’t even make sense as Madonna’s back catalogue and streams do WAY better than 8 hit wonder Cyndi Lauper and Aretha Franklin, way way better
    Look up the numbers, Cyndi has two bomafide YouTube smashes and that’s about it,

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    Originally posted by HardGrammy View Post

17,608,381 (+49k)
    Spotify Monthly Listeners 02/01:

17,625,937 (+17.6k)

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    ^2/5/22 Billboard charts

Dance/Electronic Digital Song Sales

https://www.billboard.com/charts/dan...al-song-sales/

8 (8) 8 Frozen - Madonna vs. Sickick (Peak #5)

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
    Dance/Electronic Songs

Hot Dance/Electronic Songs – Billboard

18 (20) 08 Frozen - Madonna vs, Sickick (Peak #15)
    Do you info on Dance Digital Song Sales?

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    #73 (+06) Finland 8,060

#95 (+05) Germany 76,425

#125 (+04) Austria 5,546

#196 (RE) Switzerland 5,422

#179 (RE) Lithuania 1,125

Leave a comment:

• pablob
    replied
    Also back in Lithuania

#179 Lithuania (RE) - 1,125

Leave a comment:

• flotando
    replied
    Frozen Remix Back in Switzerland and Lithuania
    Streams Daily #73 +6 Finland
    Streams Daily #95 +6 Germany
    Streams Daily #125 +4 Austria
    Streams Daily #179 IN Lithuania
    Streams Daily #196 IN Switzerland
    Last edited by flotando; Tue February 1, 2022, 13:56.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X