Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

No. Last numbers are 375,930 SPS in May 2018. (244,538 pure sales).

Probably around 400k SPS by now.

Not close to Gold yet, but not that far either.
    I mean, with MX release maybe the number got boosted a bit.
    Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
    Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Do you guys think songs like La Isla Bonita, Hung Up and Like a Prayer will eventually hit 1.5 million streams per week on Spotify? She's doing better and better on youtube now compared to a year ago. For a long time, she was lagging behind Mariah and Whitney, badly. But now her youtube daily views are ahead of Mariah by 1 million. I would hope the same thing happens on Spotify. It does suck that she doesn't have a signature song the way Mariah, Whitney or even Cyndi do because those are the pop songs that tend to do the best on there.

Comment

• Does anybody know if certifications are automatic in Canada as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hex View Post
          Do you guys think songs like La Isla Bonita, Hung Up and Like a Prayer will eventually hit 1.5 million streams per week on Spotify? She's doing better and better on youtube now compared to a year ago. For a long time, she was lagging behind Mariah and Whitney, badly. But now her youtube daily views are ahead of Mariah by 1 million. I would hope the same thing happens on Spotify. It does suck that she doesn't have a signature song the way Mariah, Whitney or even Cyndi do because those are the pop songs that tend to do the best on there.
          The problem and it's a good problem to have is that she has multiple signature songs!

Comment

• True, I just wish she had a couple of songs that had at least 300 million streams. And I would hope Material Girl and Vogue end up more popular on YouTube. Like a Prayer, Hung Up and La Isla Bonita do amazingly well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel X View Post
              Does anybody know if certifications are automatic in Canada as well?
              they are not, they usually follow the same pattern as the ones from the USA; when a song or album gets a cert in the USA, the record company usually submits an application for the same track/album to be certified in Canada if they've reached a certain cert level, sometimes they apply in Canada first and then in the US too; I think it costs 75 CAN dollars or so per cert
              Last edited by AndiIversen; Sun May 31, 2020, 21:00.

Comment

• YOUTUBE UPDATE - MAY, 2020
                # MUSIC VIDEO MAY VIEWS CUMULATIVE VIEWS
                01 (=) La Isla Bonita* 12.750.686 414.754.662
                02 (=) Hung Up* 8.136.513 253.477.196
                03 (=) Like A Prayer* 6.180.451 125.938.867
                04 (=) 4 Minutes* 4.275.335 146.412.823
                05 (=) Papa Don't Preach* 3.316.428 133.898.931
                06 (=) Frozen* 3.066.273 74.749.021
                07 (+1) Vogue 2.522.617 118.286.155
                08 (-1) Material Girl 2.250.688 51.214.923
                09 (=) Sorry* 2.001.615 52.665.229
                10 (+1) Bitch I'm Madonna 1.729.231 318.861.637
                11 (-1) Into The Groove 1.485.291 30.768.612
                12 (+1) Like A Virgin* 1.367.299 84.270.064
                13 (-1) The Power Of Good-Bye 1.347.401 34.786.474
                14 (+1) Crazy For You 1.226.517 28.377.619
                15 (-1) Live To Tell 1.190.245 58.662.279
                * Combined views from its 2 official uploads

All of her music videos (only MV) received 71,5 million views this past month, a growth of 6,55% if compared to April. It is now her best month on youtube this year.

Comment

• Hex
                  Hex commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hoping Material Girl and Vogue hit 3 million per month and Like a Virgin hits 2 million.

• If Rebel Heart was at 238k in December 2016 and at 375k in May 2018, it means that in 17 months it sold approx 137k (2k per week) when the era was over, so mainly with streams.
                If her streams have remained stable, now (after more than 24 months/104 weeks) we could add other 208k, bringing the total of SPS to 583k… indeed it seems too much, but the exact figure I don't think is very far from 500k.
                We should make a comparison between current streams with those of 2017-2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

they are not, they usually follow the same pattern as the ones from the USA; when a song or album gets a cert in the USA, the record company usually submits an application for the same track/album to be certified in Canada if they've reached a certain cert level, sometimes they apply in Canada first and then in the US too; I think it costs 75 CAN dollars or so per cert
                  Okay. So according to this Twitter post, "Bitch I'm Madonna" is eligible for gold in Canada as well. We need to start the #JusticeForBitchI'mMadonna campaign to make her team certify this song and all her other songs in every country they are eligible for a certification in. I wonder what her team/management is doing all day.

Comment

• Today on Youtube her videos under 100M views are:

1) Give Me All Your Luvin' 76.528.059
                    2) Give It 2 Me 76.518.450
                    3) Like A Virgin 76.457.492

Tomorrow will be:
                    1) Give It 2 Me
                    2) Give Me All Your Luvin'
                    3) Like A Virgin

Wednesday:
                    1) Give It 2 Me
                    2) Like A Virgin
                    3) Give Me All Your Luvin'

Thursday:
                    1) Like A Virgin
                    2) Give It 2 Me

However, even if it is still at 62.5 million views, the next video to reach 100M will be Frozen in the first half of 2021.

Comment

• So of the Rebel Heart era, Bitch I'm Madonna is eligible for gold in the US, Rebel Heart maybe soon... what about Living for Love?

Comment

• Thanks to SoulSista:

Billboard Top 10 30 years ago:

June 9, 1990

01 03 Hold On - Wilson Phillips (1st and only week at #1)
                        02 01 Vogue - Madonna
                        03 05 Poison - Bell Biv DeVoe
                        04 02 All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You - Heart
                        05 06 It Must Have Been Love - Roxette
                        06 04 Alright - Janet Jackson
                        07 08 Sending All My Love - Linear
                        08 16 Step By Step - New Kids On The Block
                        09 09 U Can't Touch This - MC Hammer
                        10 07 Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor

Comment

• Madonna - La Isla Bonita (Official Music Video)
                          Total views: 297,049,220
                          Expected to hit 300,000,000 on: 2020/06/09
                          Most recent data:
                          2020/05/19 361,436
                          2020/05/20 372,367
                          2020/05/21 374,146
                          2020/05/22 405,146
                          2020/05/23 464,250
                          2020/05/24 446,009
                          2020/05/25 377,350
                          2020/05/26 341,974
                          2020/05/27 340,271
                          2020/05/28 344,770
                          2020/05/29 417,283
                          2020/05/30 466,724
                          Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Album: The Immaculate Collection

iTunes:
                            #42 United Kingdom (+56)
                            #77 Australia (+104)
                            #450 United States (+23)

Comment

• Originally posted by upushme View Post
                              Today on Youtube her videos under 100M views are:

1) Give Me All Your Luvin' 76.528.059
                              2) Give It 2 Me 76.518.450
                              3) Like A Virgin 76.457.492

Tomorrow will be:
                              1) Give It 2 Me
                              2) Give Me All Your Luvin'
                              3) Like A Virgin

Wednesday:
                              1) Give It 2 Me
                              2) Like A Virgin

Thursday:
                              1) Like A Virgin
                              2) Give It 2 Me

However, even if it is still at 62.5 million views, the next video to reach 100M will be Frozen in the first half of 2021.
                              To bad they can't merge the 2 GI2M videos as it would be over 80 million.

Comment

• Talking about certifications, I really want the RAA double platinum for Confessions so so bad. If this happened, she would become the female artist with the most multi-platinum album in the USA. For now, she's tying with Barbra Streisand, each with 12.

Comment

• thebigham
                                  thebigham commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Certifications for GH albums are confusing. It could be certified for 2xP, but then the streams/sales for the singles on Celebraton could not be applied towards the certifications for the studio albums.

• ^Take Vogue.

It's sales/streaming for RIAA purposes can only be applied towards *one* album.

It's on 3 albums: IB, TIC and Celebration.

Is it better for it to be applied to IB? Or TIC? Which album will Vogue help getting an updated certification?

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                                  ^Take Vogue.

It's sales/streaming for RIAA purposes can only be applied towards *one* album.

It's on 3 albums: IB, TIC and Celebration.

Is it better for it to be applied to IB? Or TIC? Which album will Vogue help getting an updated certification?
                                  I think, in the original album.
                                  gh can get streaming of song without album or new songs.

Comment

If Rebel Heart was at 238k in December 2016 and at 375k in May 2018, it means that in 17 months it sold approx 137k (2k per week) when the era was over, so mainly with streams.
                                    If her streams have remained stable, now (after more than 24 months/104 weeks) we could add other 208k, bringing the total of SPS to 583k… indeed it seems too much, but the exact figure I don't think is very far from 500k.
                                    238 whithotut streaming, pure sales
                                    in 2018: 244 pure sales
                                    375 sales + streaming.

Comment

If Rebel Heart was at 238k in December 2016 and at 375k in May 2018, it means that in 17 months it sold approx 137k (2k per week) when the era was over, so mainly with streams.
                                      ???

You’re mixing pure sales and SPS figures.

238k pure sales in December 2016 and 245k pure sales in May 2018.

375k in May 2018 was SPS = Pure sales, track equivalent albums, audio and video streaming.

Comment

• ^^
                                        I thought that the 238k of Rebel Heart in December 2016 included all (pure sales +Tea +streaming)… well, it doesn’t matter, I think we’ll never see certifications again in the US unless she changes label.
                                        As consolation Rebel Heart could be 2XP soon in Italy.

Comment

^^
                                          I thought that the 238k of Rebel Heart in December 2016 included all (pure sales +Tea +streaming)… well, it doesn’t matter, I think we’ll never see certifications again in the US unless she changes label.
                                          But I really don't get why Madonna promoted the Rebel Heart album so much to make it successful, and now when a single of this album is eligible gold in the US, nobody cares.

Comment

^^
                                            Are certifications in Italy automatic?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel X View Post

Are certifications in Italy automatic?
                                              Yes!

Comment

^^
                                                Rebel Heart (ALBUM)
                                                Week ending July 26th, 2018

ALBUM SALES: 244,889
                                                ALBUMS W/TEA 297,172
                                                ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND AUDIO 343,678
                                                ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND 360,059 -
                                                STREAMING ON-DEMAND 121,798,419

87 copies last week
                                                1,104 year-to-date

Comment

Working...
                                                X