X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flotando
    replied
    Originally posted by Fajitas View Post

I think we can officially say that it's her best performing song ever on Spotify. Medellin certainly did more during its first week but it plummeted after that. She's never had a song organically growing and building momentum like that.
    It's amazing that it's starting to become big at the very beginning of the year - so that it can have really impressive numbers in her year-end charts in December!
    Medellin did more than 922,000 streamings per day at its best, and Faz gostoso 746,000. So we are still really, really far away from both. Faz gostoso did really, really well in Brazil getting a #8 on the weekly chart, on a massive market.

Medellin did not exactly plummeted during the first weeks. It had its ups and downs with the video release, that short video uploaded to Spotify and the Billboard performance. Eventually it got airplay and a gold certification in Italy. It had many updates around 500k.

What it's truth is that this remix is building, so it doesn't look like it's going to plummet, we don't know where it's heading to, but it should be easy for it to get to 100 million through this year, while Medellin got stuck around 40-50million and it's now approaching 62 two years and a half after the release.

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    343k streams for the Frozen remix yesterday. It's definitely reaching a new peak tomorrow - and hopefully breaking 400k!
    10M in two days, wow
    Total 9,286,746

Leave a comment:

• upushme
    replied
    Worldwide iTunes Song Chart

#25 (-4) Madonna & Sickick - Frozen

European iTunes Song Chart

#18 (-1) Madonna & Sickick - Frozen

Leave a comment:

• Fajitas
    replied
    Originally posted by Forreal View Post
    This must be her best sunday result to date
    I think we can officially say that it's her best performing song ever on Spotify. Medellin certainly did more during its first week but it plummeted after that. She's never had a song organically growing and building momentum like that.
    It's amazing that it's starting to become big at the very beginning of the year - so that it can have really impressive numbers in her year-end charts in December!

Leave a comment:

• autumnwind
    replied
    Originally posted by britneyliam View Post
    Madonna is doing great outside the America

From Feb to October, She usually has the same or more daily streams and listeners comparing to Mariah on Spotify and YouTube globally.

But if you have checked different regions, you’ll find her streams in US is pretty low.

She ranked at #400 On rolling stone streaming artists chart.

Mariah ranked at #200 during non-xmas days, her weekly US streams is nearly twice as much as Madonna’s .

Considering they have similar sales and achievements in US, Madonna’s stream is pretty low.

Can we explain that?

Because Madonna flopped since 2003, after that she has got little airplay ( Sorry even failed to chart on radio top 100)

the only real stable hit after AL ,4 minutes,which was a collaboration with JT who was popular by then.

That means she lost General audience and fans since 2003 in USA.
    Her US fans’ age is not that young. I guess only a few coming from Generation Z.

Mariah was still very popular in US until 2014. Her fans in America are much younger.

outside the America,COAD and HC were stills popular across Europe ,Oceania and latin America . So fans from these regions are younger.

That’s why her streams in US is so weak.

If COAF and HC had reached the same popularity in US and overseas , her total streams would be much higher

Well mariahs new albums flopped during 2010s as her albums only got to no 3 or 5 with unimpressive sales numbers in the us. I don't think she is doing impressive as far as recent and new works are concerned and shouldn't be the standard for making comparisons between them because Madonna is from the 80s and older. Though madonna debuted earlier and older her recent works did a lot better than mariahs.
    Moreover most of madonna fans have not transferred to streaming formats from cds or downloads generations.

Leave a comment:

• Forreal
    replied
    343k streams for the Frozen remix yesterday. It's definitely reaching a new peak tomorrow - and hopefully breaking 400k!
    10M in two days, wow
    This must be her best sunday result to date

Leave a comment:

• upushme
    replied
    Madame X LIVE on Spotify

31.12.2021 3.980.707 +14.050
    01.01.2022 3.990.588 +9.881
    02.01.2022 4.000.892 +10.304
    03.01.2022 4.012.511 +11.619
    04.01.2022 4.024.858 +12.347
    05.01.2022 4.038.006 +13.148
    06.01.2022 4.050.762 +12.756

07.01.2022 4.063.572 +12.810
    08.01.2022 4.075.635 +12.063
    09.01.2022 4.085.900 +10.265

Madame X on Spotify

31.12.2021 192.937.012 +61.267
    01.01.2022 192.983.917 +46.905
    02.01.2022 193.028.342 +44.425
    03.01.2022 193.075.493 +47.151
    04.01.2022 193.124.590 +49.097
    05.01.2022 193.175.520 +50.930
    06.01.2022 193.227.589 +52.069

07.01.2022 193.282.597 +55.008
    08.01.2022 193.336.645 +54.048
    09.01.2022 193.383.391 +46.746

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    I feel like, even if American Life hadn't happened, her time had come on US radio.
    Madonna was always going to struggle in the 2000s because of the direction US took with the whole rap, RnB takeover etc. I’ve always been interested in knowing where she saw her career going had American Life been a huge success. I don’t think RIT would have happened nor would she have made COADF. I guess Warner wouldn’t have come along demanded a new album, giving her time to focus on getting Hello Suckers made. All I know is American Life’s tepid reception got us COADF for which I’m very happy

Leave a comment:

• Fajitas
    replied
    10M in two days, wow

Leave a comment:

• Fajitas
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post

Madonna lost them in 2003 because she was labelled unpatriotic. Since American Life stalled at #37 on the Hot 100, Madonna has only had seven singles appear on the Hot 100 - that’s seven singles in almost twenty years.

I mean her VMA performance in 2003 with Britney, Missy and Christina made waves across the planet and Hollywood didn’t even chart in the US.

Since then, her career has tumbled downwards - slowly to begin with as Madonna put the work in hoping to fix things (COADF and Hard Candy), but after that she stopped trying and her causal audience kept dropping off.

Next month it’s ten years since the Super Bowl and GMAYL hit the top ten (through a mix of radio payola and GMAYL being downloadable when MDNA was put up for preorder). You can blame the quality of her music for her lack of subsequent chart success, but the only single to chart in the last decade is Bitch I’m Madonna - the song that is (almost) universally rejected by her fanbase.
    I always think about that. It's one of the biggest pop performances EVER. It's legendary and everyone remembers seeing tons of headlines about it - and yet Hollywood didn't chart. It's crazy to me and shows how hated she was in 2003.

I feel like, even if American Life hadn't happened, her time had come on US radio… Confessions could have been bigger, maybe, but dance wasn't really trendy back then. 4 Minutes did amazing. It's true that it might have reached #1 without "boycott" but still, she didn't face the same backlash Janet did - for example.

GMAYL reaching #10 was great. I remember the chart being delayed and thinking she wouldn't make it…
    Even if the song had been good, radio would have stopped playing it the week after it premiered. She was 54 already. US radio stations don't play 54 year-old women… It might have sold more but I doubt she would have had a bigger peak.

Rebel Heart's singles were dead on arrival because of the leaks…
    Madame X and its messy singles were dead on arrival because of streaming's importance.

All things considered, even though some choices were terrible, I don't think she could have stayed as big as she was in 2000.

What I think though, is that she could because a legacy act now and become respected again. Her team is doing a great job with the singles' remixes, the HD videos and the catalogue re-releases from 2022 on. The biopic is gonna help a lot too. And the Frozen remix might bring her a new audience.

I'm confident the 2020s will be bigger for her than the 2010s. I really am.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Shego View Post
    She got hate in 2003 but she didn't lose the interest of GP (at least to music fans etc), she had two hits there after 2003. 4 Minutes sold 3M, wasn't American Life the reason she stopped selling selling there, it was eras like MDNA. If she kept releasing good music after COADF, the radio would've start playing her again, they wouldn't keep banned forever.
    Madonna lost them in 2003 because she was labelled unpatriotic. Since American Life stalled at #37 on the Hot 100, Madonna has only had seven singles appear on the Hot 100 - that’s seven singles in almost twenty years.

I mean her VMA performance in 2003 with Britney, Missy and Christina made waves across the planet and Hollywood didn’t even chart in the US.

Since then, her career has tumbled downwards - slowly to begin with as Madonna put the work in hoping to fix things (COADF and Hard Candy), but after that she stopped trying and her causal audience kept dropping off.

Next month it’s ten years since the Super Bowl and GMAYL hit the top ten (through a mix of radio payola and GMAYL being downloadable when MDNA was put up for preorder). You can blame the quality of her music for her lack of subsequent chart success, but the only single to chart in the last decade is Bitch I’m Madonna - the song that is (almost) universally rejected by her fanbase.

Leave a comment:

• MDNHAY
    replied
    Shego I love your display pic.

And yes can you imagine? I would have gone with Beautiful Killer as lead for MDNA. It would have had a lot more success.

Leave a comment:

• HardGrammy
    replied
    17,440,789 listeners, a 40k increase on a Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Shego
    replied
    Like, GMAYL' went #10, imagine if she released a strong lead single as she was used to, and perform it at the Super Bowl..

Leave a comment:

• Shego
    replied
    She got hate in 2003 but she didn't lose the interest of GP (at least to music fans etc), she had two hits there after 2003. 4 Minutes sold 3M, wasn't American Life the reason she stopped selling selling there, it was eras like MDNA. If she kept releasing good music after COADF, the radio would've start playing her again, they wouldn't keep banned forever.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by britneyliam View Post
    Madonna’s stream is pretty low. Can we explain that?
    Madonna lost the general public in US back in 2003. Her music has had limited appeal ever since and the last era she probably took on a whole new generation of American fans was 2000 with the release of Music. As per my previous post, Madonna has an ageing casual fanbase and considering most of her casual US. fans are from 1984 - 2000, they’re least likely to adopt steaming.

If COADF had been as big in the US as it was around the world, her numbers would look very different.

Leave a comment:

• britneyliam
    replied
    Originally posted by Shego View Post
    what are the other songs that reached numer one in her spotify top 10
    lap,hung up……maybe Medellin

Leave a comment:

• Shego
    replied
    what are the other songs that reached numer one in her spotify top 10

Leave a comment:

• britneyliam
    replied
    Madonna is doing great outside the America

From Feb to October, She usually has the same or more daily streams and listeners comparing to Mariah on Spotify and YouTube globally.

But if you have checked different regions, you’ll find her streams in US is pretty low.

She ranked at #400 On rolling stone streaming artists chart.

Mariah ranked at #200 during non-xmas days, her weekly US streams is nearly twice as much as Madonna’s .

Considering they have similar sales and achievements in US, Madonna’s stream is pretty low.

Can we explain that?

Because Madonna flopped since 2003, after that she has got little airplay ( Sorry even failed to chart on radio top 100)

the only real stable hit after AL ,4 minutes,which was a collaboration with JT who was popular by then.

That means she lost General audience and fans since 2003 in USA.
    Her US fans’ age is not that young. I guess only a few coming from Generation Z.

Mariah was still very popular in US until 2014. Her fans in America are much younger.

outside the America,COAD and HC were stills popular across Europe ,Oceania and latin America . So fans from these regions are younger.

That’s why her streams in US is so weak.

If COAF and HC had reached the same popularity in US and overseas , her total streams would be much higher

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Frozen
    iTunes:
    #1 Czech Republic
    #2 Turkey
    #5 Poland
    #9 Luxembourg
    #18 Russia
    #20 India
    #33 Germany
    #50 United Kingdom
    #58 Australia
    #66 Italy
    #68 Canada

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied

Amazing! Do you have the numbers?
    #75 (+1) 7,708 Finland

#130 (+21) 1,238 Lithuania

#179 (-06) 15,493 Sweden

#193 (RE) 47,865 Germany

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post

Madonna leading the pack for those debuting in the 80s, and over two billion of Whitney’s streams come from just four songs, whilst Madonna’s are a bit more averaged across the board.

But as expected, the younger artists, those who debuted in the 90s and have a younger audience are streamed more because their fanbase moved over to streaming. I mean Madonna is 63 and Britney is 40 - Madge is doing okay.
    Madonna is doing great, let's not forget Mimi's 1B+ streams are coming just from one song - it's her massive biggest holiday hit while Madge have multiple across the board.
    If we even look at Britney - she's at 6.5B streams - 500M coming coming from feature making Scream and Shout one of her biggest streaming hit too if any of these women have a hit in this era their streaming numbers will explode which obviously they don't have for now though Britney has a chance seeing her relevancy these days.
    Madonna is doing great, I would say very great actually considering streaming defines a couple of hits for a catalog increase let's appreciate that Madge doesn't have 1-2 hits she has multiple ones a movie will do wonders to her numbers whenever it comes.

Leave a comment:

• Fajitas
    replied
    Originally posted by flotando View Post
    Frozen Remix back on the top 200 on Spotify Germany
    Streams Daily #75 +1 Finland
    Streams Daily #130 +21 Lithuania
    Streams Daily #179 -6 Sweden
    Streams Daily #193 RE Germany
    Amazing! Do you have the numbers?

Leave a comment:

• flotando
    replied
    Frozen Remix back on the top 200 on Spotify Germany
    Streams Daily #75 +1 Finland
    Streams Daily #130 +21 Lithuania
    Streams Daily #179 -6 Sweden
    Streams Daily #193 RE Germany
    Last edited by flotando; Mon January 10, 2022, 12:45.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Carlito View Post
    Most Streamed pre-2000's Female Artists in Spotify
    Madonna leading the pack for those debuting in the 80s, and over two billion of Whitney’s streams come from just four songs, whilst Madonna’s are a bit more averaged across the board.

But as expected, the younger artists, those who debuted in the 90s and have a younger audience are streamed more because their fanbase moved over to streaming. I mean Madonna is 63 and Britney is 40 - Madge is doing okay.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X