Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
    Kworb is never updating/fixing the glitch with “Levitating”, is it? Still not showing a lot of data for Madonna
    It's so messy.
    But at least there's this page for "Madonna & Missy Elliott" lol
    https://kworb.net/itunes/artist/mado...syelliott.html

    Comment


    • Its wrong though at least for the United States. It says the remix is at number 10 on itunes US when its actually at 6.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Fajitas View Post
        Do you think the Levitating remix can debut on the Hot 100? It'd sure be amazing to see Madonna have a Hot 100 hit in 5 different decades! How many artists have accomplished that?
        It has entered at #81 on Spotify USA, and it's not selling that much, so without radio support, it's gonna be really tough. 'seven' by Taylor Swift is #98 on Billboard Hot 100 being #72 on the weekly chart. Considering it's gonna free fall after the hype... I don't think so, unfortunately :-(

        On the other hand, it's #36 on Spotify UK. So if it doesn't fall completely, it may have a chance to debut inside the top 40, doesn't it?

        Comment


        • UnapologeticKenny which song did Take a Bow throw out of top 20 on Spotify?
          Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
          Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

          Comment


          • UnapologeticKenny
            UnapologeticKenny commented
            Editing a comment
            Faz Gostoso fell to the 21st position this week with 149.099 plays (-0,75%).

        • .@DUALIPA, @Madonna and @MissyElliott’s "Levitating (Remix)" debuts at #58 on the global Spotify chart with 1.36 million streams.

          @ChartData
          Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by DevilPray View Post
            UnapologeticKenny which song did Take a Bow throw out of top 20 on Spotify?
            Faz gostoso, which is weird cause Madame X streamings didn't decrease this week.

            Comment


            • UnapologeticKenny
              UnapologeticKenny commented
              Editing a comment
              Only 4 songs from MX lost streams compared to the previous week. The rest had a better performance (nothing spectacular, but it helped the album to maintain its overall streams).

          • Madame X remixes on Spotify

            Medellín - Offer Nissim Madame X In The Sphinx 1,800,966
            Medellín - Offer Nissim Set Me Free Remix 905,682
            Medellín - John Christian & DJLW Remix 515,223
            Medellín - LA95 Dancefloor Legend X Remix 216,425
            Medellín - LA95 Remix 206,981
            Medellín - Offer Nissim Madame X in the Sphinx With No Intro 896,828
            Medellín - Sak Noel Remix 263,920
            4,806,025

            I Rise - Tracy Young's Pride Dub 33,525
            I Rise - Tracy Young's Pride Extended Remix 264,846
            I Rise - Tracy Young's Pride Intro Radio Remix 124,239
            422,610

            I Rise - DJ Irene & The Alliance Remix 30,072
            I Rise - DJLW Remix 39,368
            I Rise - Daybreakers Remix 26,122
            I Rise - Kue Drops The Funk Remix 605,361
            I Rise - Offer Nissim Remix 61,236
            I Rise - Thomas Gold Remix 46,423
            808,582

            Crave - MNEK Remix 473,321

            Crave - Benny Benassi & BB Team Extended Remix 54,450
            Crave - Benny Benassi & BB Team Radio Edit 596,941
            Crave - Dan De Leon & Anthony Griego Remix 22,211
            Crave - Otto Benson Remix 20,787
            Crave - RNG Club Remix 32,414
            Crave - Tracy Young Dangerous Radio Edit 143,404
            Crave - Tracy Young Dangerous Remix 674,49
            Crave - Twisted Dee & Diego Fernandez Remix 24,178
            Crave - Boris Remix 15,755
            Crave - DJLW Remix 18,318
            Crave - Joe Gauthreaux & Leanh Radio Edit 17,192
            Crave - Mike Cruz Club Remix 13,549
            Crave - Thomas Gold Extended Remix 166,823
            1,800,512

            I Don’t Search I Find - Honey Dijon CLUBMIX 106,873
            I Don’t Search I Find - Honey Dijon RADIOMIX 144,605
            I Don’t Search I Find - Honey Dijon Remix 755,554
            I Don’t Search I Find - Chris Cox Remix 33,076
            I Don’t Search I Find - DJLW Remix 342,526
            I Don’t Search I Find - Endor Remix 48,800
            I Don’t Search I Find - Kue Remix 64,455
            I Don’t Search I Find - Offer Nissim Remix 42,459
            1,538,348

            TOTAL: 9,849,398

            Comment


            • Her followers
              Youtube 4.16M (rounded +30.000 in a week)
              Spotify 4.292.269 (+23.112 in a week)
              Last edited by upushme; Sat August 15, 2020, 17:11.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by flotando View Post

                Faz gostoso, which is weird cause Madame X streamings didn't decrease this week.
                maybe another song got a small boost this week
                Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

                Comment


                • Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                  Comment


                  • Don't read this topic daily, so as no one mentioned the Vogue EP on the main thread, I just found out through this thread it was released last week. Finally, long time since I listened to the version radio played back in the day.
                    Prayed through the nights, Felt so alone, Suffered from alienation, Carried the weight on my own, Had to be strong, So I believed, And now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived, I had a vision of love...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                      Don't read this topic daily, so as no one mentioned the Vogue EP on the main thread, I just found out through this thread it was released last week. Finally, long time since I listened to the version radio played back in the day.
                      I heard that the Music and Hanky Panky remixes are coming also.

                      Comment


                      • Constantino
                        Constantino commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That will be fantastic !!!!!

                    • Spotify 14.08.2020

                      Madame X 156.418.705 +104.494
                      Rebel Heart 218.684.361 +63.300

                      If the albums keep having the same streams, Madame X will catch Rebel Heart in more than 4 years.

                      Comment


                      • Most viewed videos in the past 24 hours:

                        37 NEW
                        Dua Lipa - Levitating (feat. Madonna and Missy Elliott)
                        1.625.481

                        367 +85
                        Madonna - La Isla Bonita (Official Music Video)
                        533.895
                        Last edited by upushme; Sat August 15, 2020, 19:06.

                        Comment


                        • Someone found Asian receipts for Like A Prayer and True Blue and added them on Wikipedia , these are from 1989 so not the total sales although i don't know how much they could increase thanks to catalog sales... :

                          Madonna, Tiffany, Local Star, & Catalog Fuel April Growth WEA Malaysia Posts Record Music Sales

                          BY Y.S. MING

                          KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia WEA Malaysia hit an all -time sales record in April, at more than $600,000, the highest in the company's 11 years here. Executives attribute this new peak to strong international product, which traditionally accounts for nearly 50% of total sales, from Madonna, Debbie Gibson, and Tiffany, plus a build -up of interest in back -catalog product. But local singer Ella's debut Malay release, which has sold more than 110,000 cassette units, matching sales of popular Taiwanese singer Wang Chieh's "I Who Have Nothing," was a strong contributor. On the international front, Madonna's "Like A Prayer" had sales of 23,000 units on the first day of re- lease , and another 7,000 in two weeks. Her "True Blue" has sold 22,000 units here over three years, notes Gunther Zitta, WEA Malaysia managing director.

                          page 67

                          https://worldradiohistory.com/Archiv...1989-06-03.pdf

                          Madonna's `Prayer' Selling Well In India

                          BOMBAY, India Magnasound India released Madonna's "Like A Prayer" album here in March, linking it with a Madonna look -alike contest. Sales neared the 25,000 unit mark in just 10 days and company executives are looking to double that tally in three months. The next biggest international seller here is Tracy Chapman, whose eponymous album has topped the 6,500 mark. JERRY DSOUZA

                          page 66

                          https://worldradiohistory.com/Archiv...1989-04-29.pdf

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by raindrops View Post
                            Someone found Asian receipts for Like A Prayer and True Blue and added them on Wikipedia , these are from 1989 so not the total sales although i don't know how much they could increase thanks to catalog sales... :

                            Madonna, Tiffany, Local Star, & Catalog Fuel April Growth WEA Malaysia Posts Record Music Sales

                            BY Y.S. MING

                            KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia WEA Malaysia hit an all -time sales record in April, at more than $600,000, the highest in the company's 11 years here. Executives attribute this new peak to strong international product, which traditionally accounts for nearly 50% of total sales, from Madonna, Debbie Gibson, and Tiffany, plus a build -up of interest in back -catalog product. But local singer Ella's debut Malay release, which has sold more than 110,000 cassette units, matching sales of popular Taiwanese singer Wang Chieh's "I Who Have Nothing," was a strong contributor. On the international front, Madonna's "Like A Prayer" had sales of 23,000 units on the first day of re- lease , and another 7,000 in two weeks. Her "True Blue" has sold 22,000 units here over three years, notes Gunther Zitta, WEA Malaysia managing director.

                            page 67

                            https://worldradiohistory.com/Archiv...1989-06-03.pdf

                            Madonna's `Prayer' Selling Well In India

                            BOMBAY, India Magnasound India released Madonna's "Like A Prayer" album here in March, linking it with a Madonna look -alike contest. Sales neared the 25,000 unit mark in just 10 days and company executives are looking to double that tally in three months. The next biggest international seller here is Tracy Chapman, whose eponymous album has topped the 6,500 mark. JERRY DSOUZA

                            page 66

                            https://worldradiohistory.com/Archiv...1989-04-29.pdf
                            Wow, had no idea Madonna did well in India.

                            Comment


                            • Just a side comment here--on charmasters, there are constant comments that Madonna's music is forgotten and they always bring up MJ and Queen's spotiy/youtube streams. Almost ALL legacy artists perform poorly compared to those two (especially Queen) and I wouldn't say Madonna's music is forgotten. With almost all pop artists--including the big four females (Madonna, Whitney, Celine and Mariah)--only a handful of their songs tend to be remembered while their albums do tend to be forgotten in the long run. Michael Jackson is a big exception to this. Even back in the day, people were buying Thriller, Off the Wall, Bad, etc.not just fo rthe singles but for the albums themselves. I don't think anyone was buying True Blue for, for instance, Jimmy Jimmy, Love Makes the World Go Round, etc.

                              Comment


                              • Constantino
                                Constantino commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Is just point of view , if you compare madonna's spotify numbers to the others old female artistis ( like janet, Cher, kylie, Cyndi, Tina , Celine Dion, Christina Aguilera ) Madonna is doing great. But if you compare her numbers to the others legacy artistis ( like MJ , Queen, Metallica, Red Hot, Elvis, Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Nirvana) Her numbers are not so good.

                            • Originally posted by Hex View Post

                              Wow, had no idea Madonna did well in India.
                              as I recall MDNA also did well over there, going gold on release week being the fastest (international) seller that year

                              Comment


                              • Constantino youll notice all those others came before the 80s, are dead, or most importantly are MEN. I think that says a lot more about our society then Madonna herself.

                                Comment


                                • Constantino
                                  Constantino commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Absolutely !!!!!!

                              • Constantino that's a good point. Only two females are on the list of top 40 legacy artists on spotify--Mariah and Madonna. And except for Christmas season, Mariah gets the same daily streams as Madonna despite being younger than her.

                                Constantino Angeman I also think the fact that Madonna is pop has something to do with it. Only two or three of the acts on the list of top legacy artists are pop stars (I think). Pop stars are more known for their singles than their albums. So while an act like Pink floyd will have their most popular albums streaming well on spotify, Madonna will have her most popular individual songs stream well. I will say, she will probably end up with 5 or so songs with 1 millon streams per week and hopefully more that do at least 500,000 a week.

                                Comment


                                • the way LAP outsold True Blue in one day in India i-
                                  Last edited by Shego; Sat August 15, 2020, 21:33.
                                  Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                                  Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

                                  Comment


                                  • Madonna is doing ok.

                                    But it does bug me that most big acts from the 70s or 80s (Whitney Houston, Bee Gees, Queen, ABBA, Michael Jackson, U2, Bruce Springsteen, The Police, Cyndi Lauper, Fleetwood Mac, Roxette, Guns N Roses, Bon Jovi, etc, etc, etc) have at least a big +200M / 300M / 400M or 500M song on Spotify while Madonna doesn’t have any song even close to that.
                                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                    Comment


                                    • Hex
                                      Hex commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Same. But LAP, Material Girl and Hung Up each get 1 million streams a week. At this rate, they will be there in only a couple of years. La Isla Boinita too.

                                    • Shego
                                      Shego commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Cause he Youtube/Spotify pages are a mess (her team's fault) and not promoted as much as the others.

                                  • Originally posted by music126 View Post

                                    I heard that the Music and Hanky Panky remixes are coming also.
                                    That's great. Especially Hanky Panky. Love those remixes.

                                    She should do a Mariah Carey: releasing all her singles as EP's on Spotify week by week, era by era, including all remixes.
                                    Prayed through the nights, Felt so alone, Suffered from alienation, Carried the weight on my own, Had to be strong, So I believed, And now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived, I had a vision of love...

                                    Comment


                                    • Nugs do you have Madonna chart runs for her albums in Australia before 1989?

                                      Comment


                                      • Anyone have the chart run ( Albuns snd singles ) for other country: spain, australia, german, canada, france?

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X