• Show
Clear All

• jjavier1978
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by oneofone View Post
    The 4 Diva battle is such a daft idea. Just saying.
    I don’t know why it needs to be labelled as a battle but as long as it is viewed as a useful tool and not the basis of stan wars, there’s no reason not to do so.

I would prefer a less antagonistic name though wowsignal14 ?

That said, it’s interesting to see how Madonna is doing in comparison, though there isn’t really any sort of comparison - Mariah is more US centric, Celine has always been AC and Whitney’s dead.

But what I’m taking away from it is that streaming is also a man’s world for legacy acts. In the UK TIC is the 32nd most streamed album from the 70s/80s/90s - the highest position for a female artist. It’s poor and it makes me wonder what role sexism plays when deciding playlists for yesteryear.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    I really hope Warner figure out a way of igniting a spark that’ll get people streaming American Life, Erotica and Bedtime Stories. I understand why AL and Erotica are slept on (though I don’t agree) but Bedtime Stories has no excuses.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

"La Isla Bonita" and "Papa Don't Preach" will certainly have their revival in due time.
    If the US bans abortion PDP will explode. The time for LIB was during the pandemic when everyone was dreaming of white sand and blue water… but it didn’t happen.

Leave a comment:

• Shego
    replied
    Originally posted by BritneyMadonnastan View Post

true blue her best selling studio album deserves something to go viral it’s streams are miserable it needs revival
    both are doing well in youtube and get better on spotify without any viral song, true blue is doing fine compared to her rest albums

Leave a comment:

• luan
    replied
    Another peak for Material Girl on Youtube:

Most views in a day: 271,678 (2022/02/27)

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by BritneyMadonnastan View Post

true blue her best selling studio album deserves something to go viral it’s streams are miserable it needs revival
    "La Isla Bonita" and "Papa Don't Preach" will certainly have their revival in due time.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

It's not really that big a deal to scroll down. I mean that's how I found them. But I get what u mean
    . Also I was very much alive in 1997 lol but I'd never heard those remixes just the original song.
    In Europe radios played the remix a lot more than the original version. In fact the vinyl 7" french single even had the remix on side A and the edit version of the original song was side B. The single was #01 in France.

All Latin Clubs and Dance Clubs with latin segments played this song so much! I danced to it a lot in 1997 and 1998 (as during '98 summer was still played a lot due to ROL success).

Leave a comment:

• cindycgy
    replied
    Originally posted by oneofone View Post
    I enjoy it and I think its a GREAT idea. Just saying

Leave a comment:

• BritneyMadonnastan
    replied
    Originally posted by Shego View Post
    can they just merge material girl with studio, it annoys me so much watching celebration getting these streams too, someone needs to make like a virgin viral omg

Leave a comment:

• oneofone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NoirPhoenix
    replied
    Papa don’t preach is also starting to go viral because there’s a Madonna face filter, can anyone track is the streaming numbers for the song have increased in the last two weeks?

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

It's bc you're from a different generation bb.
    The DCFMA Miami Mix and Spanglish Mix are iconic to those who lived those years.
    They had great success (mind you, the Miami Mix was responsible for catapulting the song to the top 10 of the Hot 100 ) and have never been available on Spotify until now.
    And while they were not supposed to set her Streams on fire, had Warner put the EP as 'new releases' ,like they did with most of her previous released ones, they could get good numbers like some of her other remixes eps had.
    By "good" i mean one of the versions -generally the one that is chosen to appear on Madonna's followers release radar - getting around 100k on first day.
    But,weirdly,they decided to hide it all the way back on its original release year of 1996
    So,in order to find them, you need to go to her singles discography and scroll all the way down till you find it lol hence the absolute tragic numbers ...
    It's not really that big a deal to scroll down. I mean that's how I found them. But I get what u mean
    . Also I was very much alive in 1997 lol but I'd never heard those remixes just the original song.
    Last edited by InFamous; Mon February 28, 2022, 04:11.

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied

I thought she might have some vault ones or something.

I listened to the first minute of one of the DCFMA ones. i mean are they supposed to be salsa remixes or something.

ITs horrible and completely pointless.
    It's bc you're from a different generation bb.
    The DCFMA Miami Mix and Spanglish Mix are iconic to those who lived those years.
    They had great success (mind you, the Miami Mix was responsible for catapulting the song to the top 10 of the Hot 100 ) and have never been available on Spotify until now.
    And while they were not supposed to set her Streams on fire, had Warner put the EP as 'new releases' ,like they did with most of her previous released ones, they could get good numbers like some of her other remixes eps had.
    By "good" i mean one of the versions -generally the one that is chosen to appear on Madonna's followers release radar - getting around 100k on first day.
    But,weirdly,they decided to hide it all the way back on its original release year of 1996
    So,in order to find them, you need to go to her singles discography and scroll all the way down till you find it lol hence the absolute tragic numbers ...

Leave a comment:

• music126
    replied

I listened to the first minute of one of the DCFMA ones. i mean are they supposed to be salsa remixes or something.

No comment.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    does anyone know for how long the impact of a viral tiktok song lasts on streaming? could MG keep getting 300k for 2-3 months?
    Harleys in Hawaii by Katy has had a boost for almost five months at this stage !

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by music126 View Post

Those remixes are horrendous! ping ping ping

Leave a comment:

• music126
    replied

At least give us something decent, like The Power of Goodbye !!
    Those remixes are horrendous! ping ping ping

Leave a comment:

• wowsignal14
    replied
    can they just merge material girl with studio, it annoys me so much watching celebration getting these streams too, someone needs to make like a virgin viral omg
    please i would take any song going viral just not lav god please no

Leave a comment:

• UnapologeticKenny
    replied
    Another peak on Youtube for "Material Girl MV"

Most views in a day: 270,738 (2022/02/26)

Leave a comment:

• wowsignal14
    replied
    Pop Base tweeted about Material Girl

Leave a comment:

• wowsignal14
    replied
    does anyone know for how long the impact of a viral tiktok song lasts on streaming? could MG keep getting 300k for 2-3 months?
    maybe even longer.

for example "august" by Taylor Swift was doing 250k daily in the early half of 2021, then it went viral in August and peaked with +600k streams. it kept doing +450k untill December and is still doing +350k till now.

Leave a comment:

• Shego
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MadonnaIcon
    replied
    Originally posted by luan View Post

#184 (+2) on overall ranking.
    I hope she gets 20M

Leave a comment:

• Shego
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X