Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UnapologeticKenny
    replied
    Why are there lots of posts online saying Madonna reached 5 billion streams on Spotify? I can only see 4,6bi. Is there an official source for this? Does anyone here know?

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Streams on Spotify 13/07/2022

Frozen (Sickick Remix) 77,664,797 (+225,114)

Fireboy DML Version 6,313,323 (+26,962)

070 Shake Version 5,445,071 (+25,100)

Frozen On Fire 1,619,022 (+13,695)

Total 290,871 Daily Streams = 91,042,213 in Total Streams

Leave a comment:

• castorino
    replied
    Originally posted by BritneyMadonnastan View Post
    Rain surpassed 15 MILLION streams on Spotify.

-- Madonna's 59th song to achieve this milestone.- Her 7th most streamed song from the 90's. #Madonna #Rain #SpotifyCharts #Erotica #Spotify
    59th overall and 7th from the 90s, this shows how her Nineties streams really do need improving. If her 90s songs had I don't say the same but 80% of the success her 80s have, her streaming numbers would explode.

Leave a comment:

• britneyliam
    replied
    LAV album + Crazy for you + Into the groove have gathered over 750 million streams.

If we consider these 11 tracks as one album, it did even better than some 90s best selling Female Albums.

Like a virgin has only 9 tracks and only two of them are smash hits.
    Angel and Dress you up were much weaker and not doing well in streaming era.

Back in 1985 If her label re-issued the album with three extra tracks (CFY, ITG , Gambler) the album would have sold 3 million more copies worldwide.

The soundtrack of Vision Quest didn’t sell well.

What a pity.

Between 1986 to 1990 ,it might be hard to buy Both singles of CFY and ITG, and the Soundtrack and 1985 European version probably were out of print.

They should have made these two songs into Like a Virgin.

Leave a comment:

• britneyliam
    replied
    We should add 7’’ remix version / 7’’ version or 12’’Version of LIke a prayer to its total streaming numbers.
    The TIC version is basically the 7’’ remix.

We should also add Into the groove into Like a virgin Total album streams.
    The 1985 European version sold 2 million copies in Europe.
    It’s sold much more than some re-issue versions.

iTG is also the double A side or B side of the single Angel.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by Forreal View Post

Whitney dominates , wow… impressive numbers.
    Mainly because Whitney died in 2012, just 10 years ago and they successfully released a posthumous remix with her with Kygo durring the past years ("Higher Love" peaked #02 for 2 weeks in UK during 2019 staying 49 weeks on the charts TOP 100 including 11 weeks inside the TOP 10) also helping the rest of her hits catalog songs streams (that were already high due to her passing a couple of years before streaming explosion").

Passing away is the ultimate marketing power play for an artist catalog hits (on both sales and streams) but can only be played once in a life time. Hopefully we are decades away from Madonna to have her posthumous moment (I wish it would never happen but we all die someday) but believe me that when she does have her posthumous momemt we will watch her break all time records as all those people that mostly stream rock hits nowadays will be streaming Madonna for a couple of months (everybody born in late 60's until 2000's loves at least a couple Madonna songs or more and many born after 2000 will be discovering some of her work for the first time probably - if the biopic didn't present it to them yet).

Leave a comment:

• BritneyMadonnastan
    replied
    Rain surpassed 15 MILLION streams on Spotify.

- Most streamed song from Erotica.
    - Madonna's 59th song to achieve this milestone.
    - Her 7th most streamed song from the 90's. #Madonna #Rain #SpotifyCharts #Erotica #Spotify

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Streams on Spotify 12/07/2022

Frozen (Sickick Remix) 77,439,683 (+222,505)

Fireboy DML Version 6,286,361 (+26,927)

070 Shake Version 5,419,971 (+24,971)

Frozen On Fire 1,605,327 (+13,580)

Total 287,983 Daily Streams = 90,751,342 in Total Streams

Leave a comment:

• autumnwind
    replied
    Originally posted by luan View Post
    Streams on spotify:

2021:

January: 71.4M
    February: 64.9M
    March: 74.1M
    April: 72,6M
    May: 73,9M
    June: 71,6M

2022:

January: 83,7M (+12.3M)
    February: 85,9M (+21M)
    March: 102M (+27,9M)
    April: 96,8M (+24,2M)
    May: 86,3M (+12,4M)
    June: 95,5M (+23,9M)
    astounding improvement. Simple as that.

Leave a comment:

• Forreal
    replied
    Originally posted by MadNuno View Post
    I

Do you know where "Hung Up" and "4 Minutes" stand? How many streams have they have in month? Less than 7M?

:
    +6mil
    +3mil
    respectively

Leave a comment:

• Forreal
    replied
    Originally posted by luan View Post
    Top 10 Most Streamed Songs from Big 4 (Madonna, Whitney, Celine & Mariah) - 1 MONTH

1. AIWFCIY (Mariah Carey) - 1,151,944,947 = +2M

2.I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Whitney Houston) - 819.741.479 = +23M

3. Higher Love (Whitney Houston) - 709.647.202 = +17M

4. I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston) - 489.726.879 = +11M
    Whitney dominates , wow… impressive numbers.

But If I remember correctly Madonna overall still has more streaming than her on Spotify, with Mariah leading by quite wide margin ( thanx to her Xmas stuff)
    Last edited by Forreal; Wed July 13, 2022, 16:14.

Leave a comment:

• Forreal
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post

The examples had nothing to do with streaming. Stop looking for problems and perhaps just take note of what is being said.
    What problem? I actually agreed with u for the rest of your post. But think u chose the wrong example in the part I quote.

no need to overreact !!

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    It's criminal how "Like a Prayer" is loved by almost everybody worldwide and yet have so little streams comparing to most songs there! Not even Ed Sheeran name it the the world perfect Pop Song did much for the song.

Do you know where "Hung Up" and "4 Minutes" stand? How many streams have they have in month? Less than 7M?

How can Mariah Carey Christmas song still add up 2M streams off season!!!

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Forreal View Post
    Wrong example, as M has better streaming stat than Celine and Kate ( until RUTH went viral) .
    Adele I still consider her a contemporary act!!
    The examples had nothing to do with streaming. Stop looking for problems and perhaps just take note of what is being said.

Leave a comment:

• luan
    replied
    Top 10 Most Streamed Songs from Big 4 (Madonna, Whitney, Celine & Mariah) - 1 MONTH

1. AIWFCIY (Mariah Carey) - 1,151,944,947 = +2M

2.I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Whitney Houston) - 819.741.479 = +23M

3. Higher Love (Whitney Houston) - 709.647.202 = +17M

4. I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston) - 489.726.879 = +11M

5. My Heart Will Go On (Celine Dion) - 393,246,352 = +9M

6. We Belong Together (Mariah Carey) - 386,246,165 = +10M

7. I Have Nothing (Whitney Houston) - 318.157.425 = +8M

8. Material Girl (Madonna) - 305,042,000 = +19M

9. Like a Prayer (Madonna) - 300.718.000 = +9M

10. Because You Loved Me (Celine Dion) - 291,540,346 = +7M

Leave a comment:

• Forreal
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post
    The issue is straight men don’t tend to listen to female pop stars. They’re comfortable with females that release adult contemporary music (Celine, Adele etc - oh and Kate Bush) but straight up pop music just isn’t their thing.

Wrong example, as M has better streaming stat than Celine and Kate ( until RUTH went viral) .
    Adele I still consider her a contemporary act!!

Leave a comment:

• Forreal
    replied
    Originally posted by LostAvenger View Post
    UK's Top 1,000 Best Selling Singles Of 1984 (Gallup):

18 420,104 Like A Virgin Madonna
    68 216,002 Holiday Madonna
    186 98,872 Lucky Star Madonna
    429 21,318 Borderline Madonna
    Glad to see some chart related post here and there .

btw nice to remember yesterday on July 12 1986, .@Madonna’s "Papa Don’t Preach" reached #1 on the #UK Singles Chart and stayed there for 3 weeks. also "True Blue" opened at the top of the UK Albums Chart making it the first album by American artist to debut at number one in British chart history.

Leave a comment:

• wowsignal14
    replied
    the wisest thing to do commercially for her is to promote the hell out of those 80s and 90s albums +music and coadf. and to ignore the hell out of AL and everything after coadf.

the audiences want Material Girl not Medellin... she has to respect their wants if she wants this M40 campaign to succeed. and tbh so far so good.

Leave a comment:

• wowsignal14
    replied
    Madonna audience historically wasn't so *gay men centric*

I actually think a part of why she was so huge is cause she managed to appeal to all demographics during the first two decades of her career, everyone from gay men and lesbians to straight white men loved her songs. that's why when she did something contrevercial it was the biggest cultural moment of the year. since she did appeal to such wide masses.

although lately she has been alienating her male and conservative audiences, i see American Life as the first real dud that affected her career badly (Erotica did affect her sales but she was still talked about all the time, after AL she became ignorable? not everything in pop was about her anymore)

but also musically, after that she kept making music that only appealed to gay clubs. yes Hung Up and 4 Minutes are songs everyone loves but really can you imagine a straight man listening to girl gone wild? Bitch I'm Madonna?

Leave a comment:

• DavieX
    replied
    Originally posted by cindycgy View Post
    Artoo well said. I once overheard a group of straight men saying only gay men listen to Madonna music. I saddened but didn’t surprise me.
    Yet most of her fans want her to continue doing Dance music the "gayest" type of music and automatically attack her, moan, complain and not support her when she doesn't and opts to do other type of music other than dance.
    Last edited by DavieX; Wed July 13, 2022, 14:06.

Leave a comment:

• Shego
    replied
    Originally posted by Youkankan View Post
    Added it. I actually checked the Italy source in the charts of Causing a Commotion wiki page too, and it shows it being number one for more weeks, i wonder how they didn't notice it while adding the Italy position.

Leave a comment:

• cindycgy
    replied
    Artoo well said. I once overheard a group of straight men saying only gay men listen to Madonna music. I saddened but didn’t surprise me.
    Last edited by cindycgy; Wed July 13, 2022, 13:02.

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Streams on Spotify 11/07/2022

Frozen (Sickick Remix) 77,217,178 (+216,999)

Fireboy DML Version 6,259,434 (+26,843)

070 Shake Version 5,395,000 (+25,107)

Frozen On Fire 1,591,747 (+13,721)

Total 282,670 Daily Streams = 90,463,359 in Total Streams
    Last edited by jjavier1978; Wed July 13, 2022, 17:45.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    The issue is straight men don’t tend to listen to female pop stars. They’re comfortable with females that release adult contemporary music (Celine, Adele etc - oh and Kate Bush) but straight up pop music just isn’t their thing.

A large part of streaming is active consumption: actively choosing what you listen to - and straight men generally don’t opt to listen to Madonna albums. Obviously they are fools but that doesn’t mean they dislike her - I’m sure many straight men like some of her songs and will happily listen to them on the radio, or as part of a curated playlist.

But that sort of consumption isn’t strong enough to significantly boost Madonna’s numbers. We can see from her weekly Spotify stats that ‘This is Madonna’ and a song’s placing within the playlist, heavily contributes to Madonna’s streams. This is active consumption - people have to opt to listen to a playlist dedicated only to Madonna.

We wouldn’t be able to tell this if most of her streams came from passive consumption. So for a female artist in her sixties, the fact so many people are choosing to listen to her is a significant win.

And let’s face it - we’re in a place now where we will take whatever stat wins we can get, because her actual chart days are over. All we can do now is track and quantify her legacy - and considering her stats are on an upwards trajectory, she’s doing well.

Leave a comment:

• LostAvenger
    replied
    UK's Top 1,000 Best Selling Singles Of 1984 (Gallup):

18 420,104 Like A Virgin Madonna
    68 216,002 Holiday Madonna
    186 98,872 Lucky Star Madonna
    429 21,318 Borderline Madonna

Leave a comment:

Working...
X