• Show
Clear All

• BodyShop
    replied
    Originally posted by AndiIversen
    Originally posted by BodyShop
    Did it really sell that through BMG and Columbia tho?
    BMG's number was released by BMG themselves, as for Columbia, figures were never released but we do know that Columbia House was at least 3 times bigger than BMG (it was the biggest music club in America by far back then) , so even if we double what an artist sold at BMG that would mean people are being conservative when giving estimates. That goes for all artists/albums sold there.
    So,is that 490k number that madboy posted for Ray of Light through BMG ,real?
    And we could assume that the album sold another 1 million through Columbia ?
    Witch means we could estimate its total to be around 5.5 million ?
    Not really, BMG gave 459k sold for ROL
    The number for Columbia could be anyone's guess, but it's safer to assume it sold close to 1M
    If the total number for RoL including TEA,SEA are around 4 million and we add 460k for BMG +around 1 million for COLUMBIA, we get to around 5.5 million.
    None of this matter as she wont be recertified but I'm only asking to keep a pwrsonal estimation regarding her albums.
    Thanks ,Andilversen

Leave a comment:

• lovedeluxe
    replied
    If you can show me how it's more than that. I'm cool with it. However, those 3 Janet records still seems to have out-streamed ROL.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy

great sales... imagine an average of 500 per week for LaP... that would be 26,000 copies per year... (and that's only the US).

Basically the same number came from UK last time we had update.

Leave a comment:

• lovedeluxe
    replied
    I just checked Spotify. Frozen less than 10

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Originally posted by lovedeluxe
    Madonna might be miles ahead in OTHER countries. Whereas Janet might be outdoing her in the US. Have you seen her streams for Bedtime Stories, Music, Ray of Light?

"Frozen" has less than 10 million streams on Spotify worldwide.

"Together Again" has 23 million, "I Get Lonely" has 11 million and "Got Til It's Gone" has almost 21 million = 55 million just for those 3 records.

"Ray of Light" as a whole only has 47.9 million streams on Spotify. Those 3 Janet songs alone have streamed more than the entire ROL album.
    That's why im eager to know numbers from Celebration and The Immaculate Collection.
    The number of streams for Frozen are higher than that.
    Her streams are divided and not counted together under the same title,if i got it right.
    And that's simply not fair. Other artists have their songs counted the same for both studio albums and GHs sinc eno one can know how much streams came from listening album and how much from GH, and they count totals for both, while ofc Warner had to make another mess with Madonna.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by thebigham
    The top selling Madonna singles last week (5/26 Billboard charts):

1. Like a Prayer 612
    2. Vogue 328
    3. Into the Groove 319
    4. Material Girl 318
    5. La Isla Bonita 312
    great sales... imagine an average of 500 per week for LaP... that would be 26,000 copies per year... (and that's only the US).

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    Madonna might be miles ahead in OTHER countries. Whereas Janet might be outdoing her in the US. Have you seen her streams for Bedtime Stories, Music, Ray of Light?

"Together Again" has 23 million, "I Get Lonely" has 11 million and "Got Til It's Gone" has almost 21 million = 55 million just for those 3 records.

"Ray of Light" as a whole only has 47.9 million streams on Spotify. Those 3 Janet songs alone have streamed more than the entire ROL album.
    That's why im eager to know numbers for Celebration and The Immaculate Collection.
    The number of streams for Frozen,for example, are higher than that.
    Her streams are divided and not counted together under the same title,like Westen said.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Between 2001-2004 the main US b!tches released albums which flopped in the USA. I cannot grasp the concept of these amazing records doing so little. Early 2000s teens really showed no taste whatsoever. Many Maddy stans refer to AL as their favourite album while Glitter is a cult classic among the lambs.

1,054,043 - Damita Jo
    685,638 - American Life
    660,300 - Glitter

I stan for all three albums tbqf and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• madboy1
    replied
    bmg:

1986 - Madonna - True Blue - 301,000
    1984 - Madonna - Like a Virgin - 882,000
    1990 - Madonna - Immaculate Collection - 1,460,000
    1998 - Madonna - Ray Of Light - 459,000
    Remasters 3 Pack - 11,000
    Early Years - 8,000

1989 - Like A Prayer - 244,000
    1992 - Erotica - 84,000
    1994 - Bedtime Stories - 195,000
    1995 - Something to Remember - 179,000
    2000 - Music - 97,000
    2001 - GHV2 - 90,000

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied

Nope. None of this is true. Madonna's streams are separated. Check that next time you post.

Frozen had 24,7m last time I counted her streams.

Leave a comment:

• madboy1
    replied
    BMG's number was released by BMG themselves, as for Columbia, figures were never released but we do know that Columbia House was at least 3 times bigger than BMG (it was the biggest music club in America by far back then) , so even if we double what an artist sold at BMG that would mean people are being conservative when giving estimates. That goes for all artists/albums sold there.
    The number for Columbia could be anyone's guess, but it's safer to assume it sold close to 1M
    viewtopic.php?t=36950" target="_blank

error about 490 sorry

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Originally posted by thebigham

1. Like a Prayer 612
    2. Vogue 328
    3. Into the Groove 319
    4. Material Girl 318
    5. La Isla Bonita 312
    Those are good catalog sales imp especially now when that market is dead.

What about totals? When was the last time we got totals for her singles that weren't HU, 4M and LAP, in 2008?

Leave a comment:

• lovedeluxe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AndiIversen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Thanks, that's very confusing tbh.

So video streaming from vevo has big factor in this too?

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied

1. Like a Prayer 612
    2. Vogue 328
    3. Into the Groove 319
    4. Material Girl 318
    5. La Isla Bonita 312

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Originally posted by Westen

Btw, someone please explain these to me
    ALBUMS W/TEA
    ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND AUDIO
    ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND
    STREAMING ON-DEMAND
    -Album sales + Track Equivalent Sales. (10 tracks downloads = 1 album. For example, 1,000,000 copies of one song = 100k copies for the album)
    -Album sales + TEA + Audio streaming (1500 streams = 1 album)
    -Album sales + TEA + Audio and video streams
    -Total number of audio and video streams for that album in US

Example with Something to Remember figures:

ALBUM SALES: 2,104,241
    ALBUMS W/TEA 2,264,086 -------> (2,264,086 - 2,104,241= 159,845 tracks sold from the album)
    ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND AUDIO 2,289,095 (2,289,095 - 2,264,086= 25,009 copies from audio streaming. 25,009 x 1,500= 37,513,500 audio streams in US)
    ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND 2,303,417 (2,303,417 - 2,289,095= 14,322 from video streaming. 14,322 x 1,500= 21,483,000 video streams in US)
    STREAMING ON-DEMAND 58,996,027 (37,513,500 audio streams in US + 21,483,000 video streams in US= 58,996,500 total streams)
    (473 streams got lost somewhere...)

Leave a comment:

• wave
    replied
    Oh, Westen. If you only knew I don't know who this MJD is... but trust that the source WE have is the best one you're going to get!
    MJD doesn't have the correct sales and never will have. It's just estimates, just like media traffic

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Oh, Westen. If you only knew I don't know who this MJD is... but trust that the source WE have is the best one you're going to get!
    But how do you explain the fact that TIC simply lost 2m copies?

And i find it hard to believe that albums like Design of a decade have 300m-400m in streaming when we know her situation on Spotify, while Madonna's streaming is non existing and yet she's doing miiiiiiiles better on Spotify.

It's very fishy to me.

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lovedeluxe
    replied
    Re: Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Originally posted by Bojan
    Some people are ready to blindly trust some random French MJ fan but are putting in question SoundScan numbers.

There is a reason thebigham and I say this is real. I never even spoke to thebigham but we are both well assured the numbers are real. We didn't take it for granted, without any kind of validation.

Thanks for sharing, thebigham.
    Um, it's not about that.

First of all, you're acting like MJD is underestimating/overestimating albums by millions, when in fact he is the most credible source out there. His numbers are always close to the truth, and he actually provides info how he got to those numbers with sales breakdown.
    He may have made mistake by few thousand copes, or sometimes a million (although I doubt it), but he is the most objective out there, and he is sure the better source than stans who are claiming that Music Box sold 32m or janet. 20m. (just an example.)

Btw, someone please explain these to me
    ALBUMS W/TEA
    ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND AUDIO
    ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND
    STREAMING ON-DEMAND

Leave a comment:

• AndiIversen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Like a Virgin 373 last week.
    Wtf, that's too much

What about totals?

Leave a comment:

• lovedeluxe
    replied
    Re: Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Like a Virgin 373 last week.