Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

    Comment


    • ^ The right picture is such a great cover. The left is more known (and is the one I have), but a shame really they used a picture that goes with Jusitify My Love for a different song.

      How I wished Rescue Me had a video, so it would never have been forgotten. And those remixes are among her best.
      My Instagram... - Click here

      Comment


      • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
        ^ The right picture is such a great cover. The left is more known (and is the one I have), but a shame really they used a picture that goes with Jusitify My Love for a different song.

        How I wished Rescue Me had a video, so it would never have been forgotten. And those remixes are among her best.
        The left picture is the one they used in Europe for "Crazy For You" '91 single release.

        https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Craz...release/485765
        Last edited by MadNuno; Fri February 26, 2021, 23:24.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

          The left picture is the one they used in Europe for "Crazy For You" '91 single release.

          https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Craz...release/485765
          I know. In a different colour though. Never understood those choices as there were so many great (and more fitting) pictures of her.
          My Instagram... - Click here

          Comment


          • Madame X on Spotify

            12.02.2021 171.977.213 +83.658
            13.02.2021 172.062.220 +85.007
            14.02.2021 172.134.635 +72.415
            15.02.2021 172.207.903 +73.268
            16.02.2021 172.283.875 +75.972
            17.02.2021 172.363.176 +79.301
            18.02.2021 172.444.866 +81.690

            19.02.2021 172.529.673 +84.807
            20.02.2021 172.617.190 +87.517
            21.02.2021 172.693.314 +76.124
            22.02.2021 172.767.685 +74.371
            23.02.2021 172.847.009 +79.324
            24.02.2021 172.927.759 +80.750
            25.02.2021 173.010.895 +83.136

            Comment


            • SPOTIFY UPDATE - 19/02 ~ 25/02/21
              .
              FOLLOWERS: 4,809,861 (+22,352)
              MONTHLY LISTENERS: 15,065,726 (+153,603) - #235 WW (=)

              .
              # ALBUM WEEK STREAMS % LW TOTAL STREAMS
              01 (=) Like A Virgin 2,177,781 1.15% 395,807,609
              02 (+1) Confessions on a Dance Floor 2,003,700 5.32% 269,201,791
              03 (-1) True Blue 1,951,894 3.03% 295,001,025
              04 (=) Like A Prayer 1,496,337 3.13% 283,796,466
              05 (=) Hard Candy 1,000,797 4.52% 216,071,047
              06 (=) Madonna 888,857 2.65% 181,909,802
              07 (=) Ray of Light 798,847 8.37% 153,104,525
              08 (=) I'm Breathless 737,391 1.58% 138,374,807
              09 (=) Music 595,052 4.46% 111,253,269
              10 (=) Madame X 566,029 2.67% 173,010,895
              11 (=) Rebel Heart 449,340 2.91% 230,004,538
              12 (+1) MDNA 319,612 2.15% 110,648,990
              13 (-1) Bedtime Stories 318,846 2.45% 62,090,333
              14 (=) American Life 233,551 5.01% 59,414,054
              15 (=) Erotica 194,079 1.78% 42,123,664
              .
              # SONG WEEK STREAMS % LW TOTAL STREAMS
              01 (=) Hung Up 1,419,753 6.81% 161,507,994
              02 (=) Like a Prayer 1,176,376 2.95% 215,994,743
              03 (=) Material Girl 1,109,777 1.25% 199,031,988
              04 (=) La Isla Bonita 1,058,310 1.82% 142,583,558
              05 (=) Like a Virgin 908,134 0.52% 164,960,145
              06 (=) 4 Minutes 752,413 4.65% 157,258,231
              07 (=) Vogue 709,273 1.75% 131,441,044
              08 (=) Holiday 543,927 1.65% 102,451,399
              09 (=) Crazy for You 419,532 -4.13% 56,077,923
              10 (=) Papa Don't Preach 389,813 2.54% 60,919,563
              11 (=) Into the Groove 322,079 4.10% 60,465,085
              12 (=) Frozen 313,214 1.71% 58,395,354
              13 (=) Sorry 231,213 3.43% 37,867,998
              14 (=) Music 221,386 4.45% 42,617,280
              15 (=) Bitch I'm Madonna 205,984 1.27% 69,089,110
              16 (+1) Ray of Light 183,643 5.81% 37,405,316
              17 (-1) American Pie 182,690 4.23% 27,887,649
              18 (=) Take a Bow 170,463 1.07% 28,337,031
              19 (=) Live to Tell 165,415 2.78% 29,387,502
              20 (=) Express Yourself 159,990 4.02% 33,545,873
              PS.: Streams from compilation versions and radio edits are merged with the original song's totals
              PS2.: No remixes are counted for the songs' or album' totals, with the exception of the ones originally released in the album tracklisting (Madonna, LAV, TB, MDNA and RH).

              .
              Some milestones:
              .

              * Dark Ballet - 7 million
              * Deeper and Deeper - 6 million (Album + GHV2)
              * Killers Who Are Partying - 4 million
              * To Have and Not to Hold - 3 million
              .
              .

              PS.: This is the first time since I started tracking that COADF got more than 2 million streams in one week. This is also the first time HC got over 1 million streams.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post
                SPOTIFY UPDATE - 19/02 ~ 25/02/21
                .
                FOLLOWERS: 4,809,861 (+22,352)
                MONTHLY LISTENERS: 15,065,726 (+153,603) - #235 WW (=)

                .
                # ALBUM WEEK STREAMS % LW TOTAL STREAMS
                01 (=) Like A Virgin 2,177,781 1.15% 395,807,609
                02 (+1) Confessions on a Dance Floor 2,003,700 5.32% 269,201,791
                03 (-1) True Blue 1,951,894 3.03% 295,001,025
                04 (=) Like A Prayer 1,496,337 3.13% 283,796,466
                05 (=) Hard Candy 1,000,797 4.52% 216,071,047
                06 (=) Madonna 888,857 2.65% 181,909,802
                07 (=) Ray of Light 798,847 8.37% 153,104,525
                08 (=) I'm Breathless 737,391 1.58% 138,374,807
                09 (=) Music 595,052 4.46% 111,253,269
                10 (=) Madame X 566,029 2.67% 173,010,895
                11 (=) Rebel Heart 449,340 2.91% 230,004,538
                12 (+1) MDNA 319,612 2.15% 110,648,990
                13 (-1) Bedtime Stories 318,846 2.45% 62,090,333
                14 (=) American Life 233,551 5.01% 59,414,054
                15 (=) Erotica 194,079 1.78% 42,123,664
                .
                # SONG WEEK STREAMS % LW TOTAL STREAMS
                01 (=) Hung Up 1,419,753 6.81% 161,507,994
                02 (=) Like a Prayer 1,176,376 2.95% 215,994,743
                03 (=) Material Girl 1,109,777 1.25% 199,031,988
                04 (=) La Isla Bonita 1,058,310 1.82% 142,583,558
                05 (=) Like a Virgin 908,134 0.52% 164,960,145
                06 (=) 4 Minutes 752,413 4.65% 157,258,231
                07 (=) Vogue 709,273 1.75% 131,441,044
                08 (=) Holiday 543,927 1.65% 102,451,399
                09 (=) Crazy for You 419,532 -4.13% 56,077,923
                10 (=) Papa Don't Preach 389,813 2.54% 60,919,563
                11 (=) Into the Groove 322,079 4.10% 60,465,085
                12 (=) Frozen 313,214 1.71% 58,395,354
                13 (=) Sorry 231,213 3.43% 37,867,998
                14 (=) Music 221,386 4.45% 42,617,280
                15 (=) Bitch I'm Madonna 205,984 1.27% 69,089,110
                16 (+1) Ray of Light 183,643 5.81% 37,405,316
                17 (-1) American Pie 182,690 4.23% 27,887,649
                18 (=) Take a Bow 170,463 1.07% 28,337,031
                19 (=) Live to Tell 165,415 2.78% 29,387,502
                20 (=) Express Yourself 159,990 4.02% 33,545,873
                PS.: Streams from compilation versions and radio edits are merged with the original song's totals
                PS2.: No remixes are counted for the songs' or album' totals, with the exception of the ones originally released in the album tracklisting (Madonna, LAV, TB, MDNA and RH).

                .
                Some milestones:
                .

                * Dark Ballet - 7 million
                * Deeper and Deeper - 6 million (Album + GHV2)
                * Killers Who Are Partying - 4 million
                * To Have and Not to Hold - 3 million
                .
                .

                PS.: This is the first time since I started tracking that COADF got more than 2 million streams in one week. This is also the first time HC got over 1 million streams.
                Her numbers keep climbing! And without releasing anything new! At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up doing better on Spotify than youtube.

                Comment


                • It’s really encouraging seeing her numbers grow - no idea why but I won’t complain!

                  The Hard Candy streams are great too. You’d expect them to be much lower but it seems the supposed dislike isn’t universal.

                  I can’t work out the low streams for Erotica, Bedtime Stories and American Life though when they are three of her best albums!
                  I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                  And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                  Kate Bush - Lily

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Hex View Post

                    Her numbers keep climbing! And without releasing anything new! At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up doing better on Spotify than youtube.
                    Since you mentioned it, she is doing slightly better at the moment actually. According to kworb, her daily average on Youtube right now is 2,14 million views. This past week, her average on Spotify as a lead artist was 2,24 million.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                      It’s really encouraging seeing her numbers grow - no idea why but I won’t complain!

                      The Hard Candy streams are great too. You’d expect them to be much lower but it seems the supposed dislike isn’t universal.

                      I can’t work out the low streams for Erotica, Bedtime Stories and American Life though when they are three of her best albums!
                      Those last three albums are more like fan favorites but the general public didn't care for them (minus Take a Bow). So I'm not surprised. What is surprising to me is that Ray of Light was actually the biggest album of 1998 (per chartmasters) but it doesn't do that well in digital singles, youtube or spotify. Hard Candy and COADF do much, much better on streaming services.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post

                        Since you mentioned it, she is doing slightly better at the moment actually. According to kworb, her daily average on Youtube right now is 2,14 million views. This past week, her average on Spotify as a lead artist was 2,24 million.
                        Yay! Hopefully her spotify numbers keep growing steadily. I'm tired of always hearing how Madonna performs poorly compared to Whitney and Mariah. Her catalogue is so much bigger than Whitney's, she should be doing much better.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hex View Post

                          Those last three albums are more like fan favorites but the general public didn't care for them (minus Take a Bow). So I'm not surprised. What is surprising to me is that Ray of Light was actually the biggest album of 1998 (per chartmasters) but it doesn't do that well in digital singles, youtube or spotify. Hard Candy and COADF do much, much better on streaming services.
                          I mean those three albums simply don’t have songs in playlists, along with Ray of Light probably.
                          I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                          And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                          Kate Bush - Lily

                          Comment


                          • That's true--hopefully Frozen, Ray of Light and Power of Goodbye get added to more playlists. You'll See as well. It's her second best 90s ballad next to Take a Bow (imo).

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Hex View Post

                              Yay! Hopefully her spotify numbers keep growing steadily. I'm tired of always hearing how Madonna performs poorly compared to Whitney and Mariah. Her catalogue is so much bigger than Whitney's, she should be doing much better.
                              According to Kworb, Speaking of YT daily average number, Madonna has done better than Mariah for the whole year ( except for Xmas period)

                              her Spotify numbers are growing too

                              Not bad at all .

                              Comment


                              • The boost is due to Spotify finally being released in the rest of Africa and Europe.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by HardGrammy View Post
                                  The boost is due to Spotify finally being released in the rest of Africa and Europe.
                                  Is Madonna big in Africa too? I have no idea. I know based on heat maps, she does best in Latin America and continental Europe.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by menime123 View Post

                                    I mean those three albums simply don’t have songs in playlists, along with Ray of Light probably.
                                    So true. Whenever Madonna is featured in any playlist, it’s usually the same 5 songs (“Like a virgin”, “Like a Prayer “, “Material Girl”, “Hung Up” and “Holiday”). Her team should really push songs like “Deeper and Deeper”, “Secret”, “Take A Bow”, and “Rain” on playlists. In fact they should do a better job pushing A LOT MORE of her catalogue. That’s really how you increase her listeners and followers, don’t they know? It pisses me off “You’ll See” doesn’t get the attention it deserves. One of her best ballads ever.
                                    A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else. - Bette Davis

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by madfan13 View Post

                                      So true. Whenever Madonna is featured in any playlist, it’s usually the same 5 songs (“Like a virgin”, “Like a Prayer “, “Material Girl”, “Hung Up” and “Holiday”). Her team should really push songs like “Deeper and Deeper”, “Secret”, “Take A Bow”, and “Rain” on playlists. In fact they should do a better job pushing A LOT MORE of her catalogue. That’s really how you increase her listeners and followers, don’t they know? It pisses me off “You’ll See” doesn’t get the attention it deserves. One of her best ballads ever.
                                      It's clear by now that her team has no idea what they are doing--or they just don't care. They really should.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by madfan13 View Post

                                        So true. Whenever Madonna is featured in any playlist, it’s usually the same 5 songs (“Like a virgin”, “Like a Prayer “, “Material Girl”, “Hung Up” and “Holiday”). Her team should really push songs like “Deeper and Deeper”, “Secret”, “Take A Bow”, and “Rain” on playlists. In fact they should do a better job pushing A LOT MORE of her catalogue. That’s really how you increase her listeners and followers, don’t they know? It pisses me off “You’ll See” doesn’t get the attention it deserves. One of her best ballads ever.
                                        I don’t disagree but what are they supposed to do - call Spotify and ask nicely? Is it even Madonna’s team that should do this or Warner?
                                        I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                                        And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                                        Kate Bush - Lily

                                        Comment


                                        • MG: 200 million next week on Spotify!

                                          Comment


                                          • What puzzles me is seeing Ray of Light and Music performing so disappointingly, when she had HUGE success in those eras in 1998-2000.

                                            Comment


                                            • Music is the most shocking to me, considering the title track was massive and remains her last #1 in the US. The album doesn't even pull 100k streams a day. A shame because it's one of her best.

                                              Comment


                                              • Album: The Immaculate Collection
                                                iTunes:

                                                #47 Australia (+33)
                                                #63 Germany (+4)
                                                #119 United Kingdom (-4)
                                                #148 Bermuda (+2)
                                                #435 United States (+495)

                                                Apple Music:

                                                #37 Papua New Guinea (NE)
                                                #505 United Kingdom (+45)
                                                Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Hex View Post

                                                  Is Madonna big in Africa too? I have no idea. I know based on heat maps, she does best in Latin America and continental Europe.
                                                  What heat maps?
                                                  Are you talking about chartmasters? Take all the info there with a big grain of salt as they miss a lot of data.
                                                  They even say "Into To Groove" was not released in Canada when it sold 100k from cassete single and 12" as RPM stated.

                                                  Most people in African countries have not much money or that much access to technology. Still Madonna is the best selling female artist and the most famous female artist in most African countries as well. I believe that after "Madame X" even more. Most her post iTunes albums were #01 in all African countries with iTunes.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

                                                    What heat maps?
                                                    Are you talking about chartmasters? Take all the info there with a big grain of salt as they miss a lot of data.
                                                    They even say "Into To Groove" was not released in Canada when it sold 100k from cassete single and 12" as RPM stated.

                                                    Most people in African countries have not much money or that much access to technology. Still Madonna is the best selling female artist and the most famous female artist in most African countries as well. I believe that after "Madame X" even more. Most her post iTunes albums were #01 in all African countries with iTunes.
                                                    Yes, was referring to chartmasters. Wow, I had no idea Madonna was that popular in Africa. I thought Mariah and Whitney were much more popular than her there.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X