Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MusicGoddess View Post

    Hi. In US COADF is close to 2 M? The last time im read than COADF sold 1.85 M there.
    I think you are correct. But it was still wayyyy more popular in the rest of the world than America.

    Comment


    • Last 3 weeks:

      Thanks to Soulsista!

      Billboard Top 10 Flashback:

      March 3, 2001

      01 01 Stutter - Joe feat. Mystikal (2nd of 4 weeks at #1)
      02 02 It Wasn't Me - Shaggy feat. Ricardo "RikRok" Ducent
      03 03 Love Don't Cost a Thing - Jennifer Lopez
      04 04 Again - Lenny Kravitz
      05 07 Angel - Shaggy feat. Rayvon
      06 06 Don't Tell Me - Madonna
      07 05 Ms. Jackson - Outkast
      08 08 If You're Gone - Matchbox Twenty
      09 09 Put It On Me - Ja Rule feat. Lil' Mo & Vita
      10 11 He Loves U Not - Dream

      And...

      March 10, 2001

      01 01 Stutter - Joe feat. Mystikal (3rd of 4 weeks at #1)
      02 11 Butterfly - Crazy Town
      03 05 Angel - Shaggy feat. Rayvon
      04 04 Again - Lenny Kravitz
      05 03 Love Don't Cost a Thing - Jennifer Lopez
      06 02 It Wasn't Me - Shaggy feat. Ricardo "RikRok" Ducent
      07 06 Don't Tell Me - Madonna
      08 32 It's Over Now - 112
      09 17 Promise - Jagged Edge
      10 09 Put It On Me - Ja Rule feat. Lil Mo & Vita

      And...

      March 23, 1991

      01 02 One More Try - Timmy T (1st and only week at #1)
      02 01 Someday - Mariah Carey
      03 04 Coming Out Of The Dark - Gloria Estefan
      04 06 This House - Tracie Spencer
      05 08 Get Here - Oleta Adams
      06 10 Hold You Tight - Tara Kemp
      07 14 You're In Love - Wilson Phillips
      08 15 I've Been Thinking About You - Londonbeat
      09 11 Rescue Me - Madonna
      10 19 Sadeness (Part 1) - Enigma

      March 17, 2001

      01 01 Stutter - Joe feat. Mystikal (4th and final week at #1)
      02 02 Butterfly - Crazy Town
      03 03 Angel - Shaggy feat. Rayvon
      04 04 Again - Lenny Kravitz
      05 05 Love Don't Cost a Thing - Jennifer Lopez
      06 08 It's Over Now - 112
      07 06 It Wasn't Me - Shaggy feat. Ricardo "RikRok" Ducent
      08 07 Don't Tell Me - Madonna
      09 09 Promise - Jagged Edge
      10 10 Put It On Me - Ja Rule feat. Lil Mo & Vita

      Comment


      • Anyone has any idea if Warner ever recertifies her material (if she's back with them) what could be recertified?
        SHe has at least like 6 or 7 Platinum awards to get from albums alone.
        And plenty of singles even pre-soundscan that were never properly certified. And probably her video releases as well.
        Anyone knows the list? And could you post it please?
        "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TiagoRodrigues View Post
          Anyone has any idea if Warner ever recertifies her material (if she's back with them) what could be recertified?
          SHe has at least like 6 or 7 Platinum awards to get from albums alone.
          And plenty of singles even pre-soundscan that were never properly certified. And probably her video releases as well.
          Anyone knows the list? And could you post it please?
          The Immaculate - 12xP
          True Blue - 8xP
          Ray Of Light - 5xP
          Like A Prayer - 5xP
          COADF - 2xP
          Hard Candy - 1xP

          Also with streaming LAV could be eligible for 11xP i think

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TiagoRodrigues View Post
            Anyone has any idea if Warner ever recertifies her material (if she's back with them) what could be recertified?
            SHe has at least like 6 or 7 Platinum awards to get from albums alone.
            And plenty of singles even pre-soundscan that were never properly certified. And probably her video releases as well.
            Anyone knows the list? And could you post it please?
            If madonna could be certificade...
            i believe in the top artist with gold singles...

            gold
            Holiday, luck star, material, dress you up, live to tell, papa, true blue, open your, la isla bonita, whos that, express, cherish, keep, hanky, rescue, erotica, ill remenber, secret, take a bow, youll see, you must, frozen, ray of light, dont tell, bich im madonna

            Platinum
            bordeline, angel, crazy for, this used, justify, music, hung up

            2 platinum
            Like a virgin, like a prayer, vogue

            3 platinum
            4 minutes

            Its a modest prediction...

            But wanner still sleep

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Choley View Post

              The Immaculate - 12xP
              True Blue - 8xP
              Ray Of Light - 5xP
              Like A Prayer - 5xP
              COADF - 2xP
              Hard Candy - 1xP

              Also with streaming LAV could be eligible for 11xP i think
              LAV is eligible for 11xP.

              ROL's 5xP is doubtful.

              TIC is more like 11xP. It's a GH album. JML/RM will not get it to 12xP.

              Comment


              • I post this every few months here.

                Madonna songs eligible for updated RIAA certs:

                80s:

                Holiday Gold or 1xP
                Borderline 1xP
                Lucky Star Gold or 1xP
                Like A Virgin 3xP
                Material Girl 1xP
                Crazy For You 1xP
                Angel Gold?
                Into The Groove Gold
                Dress You Up Gold or 1xP
                Live To Tell Gold or 1xP
                Papa Don't Preach 1xP
                True Blue 1xP
                Open Your Heart 1xP
                La Isla Bonita 3xP
                Who's That Girl Gold?
                Causing A Commotion Gold?
                Like A Prayer 3xp
                Express Yourself 1xP?
                Cherish Gold?

                90s:

                Vogue 3xp
                Erotica 1xP
                Deeper And Deeper Gold
                Secret 1xP
                Take A Bow 1xP
                Frozen 1xP
                Ray of Light 1xP
                Beautiful Stranger Gold

                00/10s:

                Music 2xP
                Don't Tell Me 1xP
                Die Another Day Gold?
                Hung Up 2xP
                Sorry Gold
                4 Minutes 3xP
                Give It To Me Gold?
                B*tch, I'm Madonna Gold

                ~35 singles need updating

                Comment


                • Originally posted by thebigham View Post

                  LAV is eligible for 11xP.

                  ROL's 5xP is doubtful.

                  TIC is more like 11xP. It's a GH album. JML/RM will not get it to 12xP.
                  Hi! How are u?

                  Thank u for ur information.

                  Im read everywhere than TIC could had 12 XP. Well we need to wait.

                  maybe after the biopic Warner certified her albums and singles.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by thebigham View Post

                    LAV is eligible for 11xP.

                    ROL's 5xP is doubtful.

                    TIC is more like 11xP. It's a GH album. JML/RM will not get it to 12xP.
                    TIC sold 11.9/12 million in US i'm almost sure that's 12xP

                    and same case for ROL 4.9/5 million

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                      I post this every few months here.

                      Madonna songs eligible for updated RIAA certs:

                      80s:

                      Holiday Gold or 1xP
                      Borderline 1xP
                      Lucky Star Gold or 1xP
                      Like A Virgin 3xP
                      Material Girl 1xP
                      Crazy For You 1xP
                      Angel Gold?
                      Into The Groove Gold
                      Dress You Up Gold or 1xP
                      Live To Tell Gold or 1xP
                      Papa Don't Preach 1xP
                      True Blue 1xP
                      Open Your Heart 1xP
                      La Isla Bonita 3xP
                      Who's That Girl Gold?
                      Causing A Commotion Gold?
                      Like A Prayer 3xp
                      Express Yourself 1xP?
                      Cherish Gold?

                      90s:

                      Vogue 3xp
                      Erotica 1xP
                      Deeper And Deeper Gold
                      Secret 1xP
                      Take A Bow 1xP
                      Frozen 1xP
                      Ray of Light 1xP
                      Beautiful Stranger Gold

                      00/10s:

                      Music 2xP
                      Don't Tell Me 1xP
                      Die Another Day Gold?
                      Hung Up 2xP
                      Sorry Gold
                      4 Minutes 3xP
                      Give It To Me Gold?
                      B*tch, I'm Madonna Gold

                      ~35 singles need updating
                      Wow.... better than i thought
                      thank you...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Choley View Post

                        TIC sold 11.9/12 million in US i'm almost sure that's 12xP

                        and same case for ROL 4.9/5 million
                        What you are posting are fan-estimated numbers. I wish they could happen.

                        From a SoundScan report 2 1/2 years ago:

                        Ray of Light

                        ALBUM SALES: 3.896,998
                        ALBUMS W/TEA 3,990,647
                        ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND AUDIO 4,005,653
                        ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND 4,013,816 4xP - not near 5xP
                        STREAMING ON-DEMAND 34,753,662

                        TIC was eligible for 11xP in 2009. It scanned 1 million copies between 2001-2009. It certainly hasn't scanned 1 million since then.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by thebigham View Post

                          What you are posting are fan-estimated numbers. I wish they could happen.

                          From a SoundScan report 2 1/2 years ago:

                          Ray of Light

                          ALBUM SALES: 3.896,998
                          ALBUMS W/TEA 3,990,647
                          ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND AUDIO 4,005,653
                          ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND 4,013,816 4xP - not near 5xP
                          STREAMING ON-DEMAND 34,753,662

                          TIC was eligible for 11xP in 2009. It scanned 1 million copies between 2001-2009. It certainly hasn't scanned 1 million since then.
                          With BMG Club sales ROL sold 4.35 million and we don't know the Columbia House sales.RIAA do count club sales

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Choley View Post

                            With BMG Club sales ROL sold 4.35 million and we don't know the Columbia House sales.RIAA do count club sales
                            Bmg + columbia + streaming: 5P, who knows?



                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Choley View Post

                              With BMG Club sales ROL sold 4.35 million and we don't know the Columbia House sales.RIAA do count club sales
                              She sold 460k at BMG only as of 2001 maybe a bit more afterwards( but not much since club record companies started to decline then) and yeah it was also available at Columbia (and it was a bigger club too so it probably sold more) and others too, so that could push it up to 5M maybe even more with streaming

                              Comment


                              • When ROL is certified 5xP, then I'll believe it.

                                The other problem is that I have no faith in Madonna's team to get the correct certifications. She hasn't had a catalog album certified since 2005!

                                WBR also doesn't certify very many of their albums/singles with the RIAA. They have been certifying Dua Lipa, but that's probably Dua's management asking for new certs.

                                I'm just hoping all these new album/single certs from Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey. Michael Jackson, Celine Dion and Gwen Stefani will get Madonna's team to notice!


                                Comment


                                • TIC scanned 1.356.891 copies from Oct '01 to March '13 btw

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                                    When ROL is certified 5xP, then I'll believe it.

                                    The other problem is that I have no faith in Madonna's team to get the correct certifications. She hasn't had a catalog album certified since 2005
                                    I think the same even if it's eligible with streams they would go with pure sales.Her team is learning tooo late

                                    Comment


                                    • Madame X on Spotify

                                      05.03.2021 173.657.098 +80.040
                                      06.03.2021 173.737.739 +80.641
                                      07.03.2021 173.806.840 +69.101
                                      08.03.2021 173.875.432 +68.592
                                      09.03.2021 173.946.975 +71.543
                                      10.03.2021 174.020.439 +73.764
                                      11.03.2021 174.095.713 +75.274

                                      12.03.2021 174.174.737 +79.024
                                      13.03.2021 174.255.549 +80.812

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by thebigham View Post

                                        What you are posting are fan-estimated numbers. I wish they could happen.

                                        From a SoundScan report 2 1/2 years ago:

                                        Ray of Light

                                        ALBUM SALES: 3.896,998
                                        ALBUMS W/TEA 3,990,647
                                        ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND AUDIO 4,005,653
                                        ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND 4,013,816 4xP - not near 5xP
                                        STREAMING ON-DEMAND 34,753,662

                                        TIC was eligible for 11xP in 2009. It scanned 1 million copies between 2001-2009. It certainly hasn't scanned 1 million since then.
                                        I saw than Ray Of Light sold 3.9 according to Soundscan and 400 K more with hous clubs.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                          TIC scanned 1.356.891 copies from Oct '01 to March '13 btw
                                          Billboard published something about TIC being elligible for 2 more platinum a year ago or so.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

                                            Billboard published something about TIC being elligible for 2 more platinum a year ago or so.
                                            Yes im read the same thing.

                                            Ill remember in 2004 according to Sounscand, TIC sold in that year 80 K only in US il remember too in UK sold 80 K too. All in 2004.
                                            Last edited by MusicGoddess; Mon March 15, 2021, 01:20.

                                            Comment


                                            • Show me the Billboard article where they say that TIC should be re-certified 2xP. Billboard did not do a sales article for Madonna when MX was released.

                                              Comment


                                              • This was the last article in Dec. 2016.

                                                www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7617649/ask-billboard-madonnas-career-album-sales

                                                Looking at Madonna's digital song sales (since Nielsen began tracking downloads in 2003),

                                                2008's "4 Minutes," featuring Justin Timberlake and Timbaland, leads with 3.1 million sold.

                                                She boasts two other million-selling downloads:

                                                2005's "Hung Up" (1.4 million) and her
                                                1989 classic "Like a Prayer" (1.1 million).

                                                As for Madonna's career U.S. album sales since Nielsen Music began tracking retail in 1991 (through the week ending Dec. 8, 2016), here are her 10 best sellers:

                                                5,992,000, The Immaculate Collection (1990);
                                                3,891,000, Ray of Light (1998);
                                                2,934,000, Music (2000);
                                                2,336,000, Bedtime Stories (1994);
                                                2,102,000, Something to Remember (1995)
                                                2,025,000, Evita (soundtrack) (1996);
                                                1,905,000, Erotica (1992);
                                                1,734,000, Confessions on a Dance Floor (2005);
                                                1,397,000, GHV2: Greatest Hits Volume 2 (2001);
                                                751,000, Hard Candy (2008)

                                                Meanwhile, Madonna's most recent LP, 2015's Rebel Heart, has sold 238,000.

                                                Her career album sales in the Nielsen era stand at 28.5 million, making her the 34th-best-selling album artist in that 25-year-plus span.

                                                Comment



                                                • Album: Frozen


                                                  iTunes:
                                                  #5 Australia (+25)
                                                  #53 Bulgaria (-10)
                                                  #143 United Kingdom (-65)
                                                  #143 Germany (-7)
                                                  #197 Greece (-65)
                                                  #234 United States (-170)



                                                  Apple Music:
                                                  #1218 United Kingdom (NE)

                                                  Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                                                    Show me the Billboard article where they say that TIC should be re-certified 2xP. Billboard did not do a sales article for Madonna when MX was released.
                                                    Almost sure it was on chartbeat and they said TIC sold almost 2 million copies according to soundscan/nielsen since it was certified last time so that 2xP platinum certification should be close. Will look it up for you.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X