Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DevilPray View Post
    dress you up does better on youtube
    What's interesting with YouTube is that she has videos that are in the 20, 30, 40, 50, million and higher. I understand the gap on Spotify, but I guess it's just irritating since she has many in the 20 to 30 million range, but like I said above, such a gap once a certain point is reached.

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post

What's interesting with YouTube is that she has videos that are in the 20, 30, 40, 50, million and higher. I understand the gap on Spotify, but I guess it's just irritating since she has many in the 20 to 30 million range, but like I said above, such a gap once a certain point is reached.
      I believe the GAP for some of those songs will be smaller a couple of years after the bio-pic.
      Both Queen and Elton John saw quite an increase on streaming after the bio-pics were out. Madonna is the only artist that is even bigger than those 2 artists having a biopic out soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

I believe the GAP for some of those songs will be smaller a couple of years after the bio-pic.
        Both Queen and Elton John saw quite an increase on streaming after the bio-pics were out. Madonna is the only artist that is even bigger than those 2 artists having a biopic out soon.
        I don't really see this happening honestly. Madonna is a pop artist versus those two and she just doesn't have their appeal to younger generations. That's how pop music typically is minus a a handful of songs. I think the biopic COULD help her but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

• Madame X on Spotify

26.03.2021 175.183.883 +76.800
          27.03.2021 175.262.534 +78.651
          28.03.2021 175.328.940 +66.406
          29.03.2021 175.396.615 +67.675
          30.03.2021 175.467.300 +70.685
          31.03.2021 175.539.403 +72.103
          01.04.2021 175.613.625 +74.222

02.04.2021 175.687.243 +73.618
          Last edited by upushme; Wed April 7, 2021, 21:38.

Comment

• Spotify

Erotica - In My Jeep Mix 11,692
            Erotica - Jeep Beats 9,945
            Erotica - Kenlou B-Boy Mix 19,119
            Erotica - Masters at Work Dub 12,477
            Erotica - Underground Club Mix 22,657
            Erotica - WO 12" Version 36,984

TOTAL 112,874

Comment

• Spotify

Secret - Allstar Mix 8,149
              Secret - Junior's Luscious Club Mix 17,730
              Secret - Junior's Luscious Single Mix 22,185
              Secret - Junior's Sound Factory Mix 9,682
              Secret - Some Bizarre Mix 9,667

TOTAL 67,413

Comment

• Originally posted by Hex View Post

I don't really see this happening honestly. Madonna is a pop artist versus those two and she just doesn't have their appeal to younger generations. That's how pop music typically is minus a a handful of songs. I think the biopic COULD help her but I'm not holding my breath.
                You really think Madonna has less appeal than Elton John to a younger generation? Are you kidding?

Comment

• Album: The Immaculate Collection
                  iTunes:
                  #44 Australia (+3)
                  #62 United Kingdom (+90)
                  #74 Canada (+83)
                  #76 Germany (+8)
                  #261 United States (+45)

Album: Celebration
                  iTunes:
                  #7 Ireland (-1)
                  #17 Switzerland (-7)
                  #24 Germany (-10)
                  #88 France (-6)
                  #95 United Kingdom (+56)
                  #120 Norway (+7)
                  #125 Spain (+12)
                  #141 Belgium (-3)
                  #167 Italy (-133)
                  #294 India (-12)
                  #353 Mexico (-4)
                  #1264 United States (NE)
                  Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

You really think Madonna has less appeal than Elton John to a younger generation? Are you kidding?
                    Based on spotify, yes, she does (have less appeal)

Comment

yeah , Elton had around the same numbers M's having now right before his biopic landed and the film helped him tremendously : he had some 2 Billion Spotify streams in total around the film's opening week and and now he had some 1.1B streams last year alone; also his team did wonders for his playlist reach -something M's team seem to still be learning about-

His team and record label re-certified a bunch of his old records too not too long ago, something that gave him more visibility as well , as having done that you'd get media attention -generally speaking- , something people might see and then may want to check his music out; and we know how M's certs have basically been abandoned.

what is it that they say? hope's the last thing ever lost (if the biopic's handled correctly)

Comment

Yes because older women are often seen as "gay". Elton is a man and they tend to have better numbers because straight men can listen to them and not feel like people are judging them. They get all demographics. Women such as Whitney, Madonna, and Mariah get listeners for their big hits, but beyond that it is purely gays and women. At least that is my opinion on part of the discrepancy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

Yes because older women are often seen as "gay". Elton is a man and they tend to have better numbers because straight men can listen to them and not feel like people are judging them. They get all demographics. Women such as Whitney, Madonna, and Mariah get listeners for their big hits, but beyond that it is purely gays and women. At least that is my opinion on part of the discrepancy.
                          So true!!
                          A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else. - Bette Davis

Comment

Based on spotify, yes, she does (have less appeal)
                            elton had a biopic movie out
                            Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                            Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Album: The Immaculate Collection
                              iTunes:
                              #16 Australia (+32)
                              #40 Germany (+3)
                              #53 United Kingdom (+59)
                              #97 Canada (-35)
                              #241 United States (+71)

Apple Music:
                              #294 Ireland (+3)
                              #376 United Kingdom (+78)
                              Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilPray View Post

elton had a biopic movie out
                                True--but it wasn't nearly as big of a hit as Bohemian Rhapshody was. But you're right, that probably did help/

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

I agree with you. Was it always that way with Madonna though, even in her peak? On some forum, peopel were saying when Madonna was huge in the 80s and very early 90s, even straight men would have no issue listening to her. Oh, and I do think in foreign countries (outside the anglosphere) that atttiude towards female arists isn't there as much. It isn't a big deal if a straight man loves Celine Dion, Mariah, MAdonna, etc. in those countries.

Comment

• Madame X on Spotify

26.03.2021 175.183.883 +76.800
                                    27.03.2021 175.262.534 +78.651
                                    28.03.2021 175.328.940 +66.406
                                    29.03.2021 175.396.615 +67.675
                                    30.03.2021 175.467.300 +70.685
                                    31.03.2021 175.539.403 +72.103
                                    01.04.2021 175.613.625 +74.222

02.04.2021 175.687.243 +73.618
                                    03.04.2021 175.766.589 +79.346
                                    Last edited by upushme; Wed April 7, 2021, 21:39.

Comment

• Spotify

Medellin (with Maluma) 56.803.287 +21.316
                                      Dark Ballet 7.141.658 +6.696
                                      God Control 8.737.957 +7.028
                                      Future (with Quavo) 11.198.947 +4.311
                                      Batuka 4.462.525 +2.298
                                      Killers Who Are Partying 4.095.372 +2.238
                                      Crave (with Swae Lee) 12.049.791 +4.561
                                      Crazy 6.434.952 +4.083
                                      Come Alive 4.084.932 +2.295
                                      Extreme Occident 3.200.189 +1.082
                                      Faz Gostoso (feat. Anitta) 35.501.865 +13.048
                                      Bitch I'm Loca (feat. Maluma) 6.665.286 +3.897
                                      I Don't Search I Find 4.726.878 +2.703
                                      Looking For Mercy 3.655.696 +2.152
                                      I Rise 7.007.254 +1.638

TOTAL 175.766.589 +79.346

Comment

• Originally posted by upushme View Post
                                        Spotify

Medellin (with Maluma) 56.803.287 +21.316
                                        Dark Ballet 7.141.658 +6.696
                                        God Control 8.737.957 +7.028
                                        Future (with Quavo) 11.198.947 +4.311
                                        Batuka 4.462.525 +2.298
                                        Killers Who Are Partying 4.095.372 +2.238
                                        Crave (with Swae Lee) 12.049.791 +4.561
                                        Crazy 6.434.952 +4.083
                                        Come Alive 4.084.932 +2.295
                                        Extreme Occident 3.200.189 +1.082
                                        Faz Gostoso (feat. Anitta) 35.501.865 +13.048
                                        Bitch I'm Loca (feat. Maluma) 6.665.286 +3.897
                                        I Don't Search I Find 4.726.878 +2.703
                                        Looking For Mercy 3.655.696 +2.152
                                        I Rise 7.007.254 +1.638

TOTAL 175.766.589 +79.346
                                        That’s such a mixed bag

I know MX is almost two year old, but I find it incredible only 1000 people are streaming it in full on a daily basis.
                                        Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

I agree with you. Was it always that way with Madonna though, even in her peak? On some forum, peopel were saying when Madonna was huge in the 80s and very early 90s, even straight men would have no issue listening to her. Oh, and I do think in foreign countries (outside the anglosphere) that atttiude towards female arists isn't there as much. It isn't a big deal if a straight man loves Celine Dion, Mariah, MAdonna, etc. in those countries.
                                          Virgin Tour had many straight guys attending. But straight guys still go see Madonna with their girlfriends.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

That’s such a mixed bag

I know MX is almost two year old, but I find it incredible only 1000 people are streaming it in full on a daily basis.
                                            I would think most people would put Madonna on shuffle when on Spotify considering the huge catalog of songs.

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post

I would think most people would put Madonna on shuffle when on Spotify considering the huge catalog of songs.
                                              God I couldn’t think of anything worse. I love playing an album in full.
                                              Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

God I couldn’t think of anything worse. I love playing an album in full.
                                                When we spoke about Beyonce and her catalogue before you told me that you had her on shuffle to get a taste of everything and mix things up
                                                " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                                                Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

When we spoke about Beyonce and her catalogue before you told me that you had her on shuffle to get a taste of everything and mix things up
                                                  What has that got to do with playing Madonna?

Additionally, to what point does your post serve? Are you telling me I’m wrong and I don’t like playing albums in full? I genuinely don’t know what you’re trying to achieve by pulling up a comment I made in January three months later, when talking about a different artist.
                                                  Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

What has that got to do with playing Madonna?

Additionally, to what point does your post serve? Are you telling me I’m wrong and I don’t like playing albums in full? I genuinely don’t know what you’re trying to achieve by pulling up a comment I made in January three months later, when talking about a different artist.
                                                    Oh relax it didn't mean anything. Just thought it was funny cos of what you said before when we talked about Bey. Also I didn't pull up anything, I just have a good memory. There was nothing that I wanted to achieve. Forget I said it.

" Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                                                    Stan of Meredith.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X