Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deleted
    Last edited by thebigham; Wed August 11, 2021, 16:47.

Comment

• is there a site where you can see the highest peak of an album in each countr on itunes? even if it not charing rn
      Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
      Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Don't think they ever released it. Closest was the 7" instrumental (b-side to La Isla Bonita).
        My 7" single B side have the exact same "La Isla Bonita" (Instrumental Extended Remix) that is on this anniversary edition.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
          Highest RIAA-Certified Albums Released In 1986

MADONNA
          Title:TRUE BLUE
          Certification Date: February 9, 1995
          Label: SIRE
          Format:ALBUM
          7x Platinum

The rest are here:

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?...search_section
          I hope this anniversary edition may help streams to improve a bit so the album can get more platinum awards sooner.
          They should release this on CD and Vinyl in November for Christmas. I'm sure that with the right promotion many people would use it as a christmas gift (especially people from the 80's and that love the 80's). "True Blue" is certainly due for a certification already. If they release the physical version of this edition and then a few weeks later (still before Christmas) re-certify it then it will certainly generate even more buzz for the album.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

I hope this anniversary edition may help streams to improve a bit so the album can get more platinum awards sooner.
            They should release this on CD and Vinyl in November for Christmas. I'm sure that with the right promotion many people would use it as a christmas gift (especially people from the 80's and that love the 80's). "True Blue" is certainly due for a certification already. If they release the physical version of this edition and then a few weeks later (still before Christmas) re-certify it then it will certainly generate even more buzz for the album.
            I haven't given CD's to anyone in years. Not at Christmas nor as a birthday present. I hardly know anyone who still plays CD's. It's just for collectors at this point.
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Worldwide iTunes Album Chart - 2021/07/30:

#4 (New) Madonna - True Blue

European iTunes Album Chart - 2021/07/30:

#4 (New) Madonna - True Blue

Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post

Do you know how many people roughly join these streaming parties?
                Maybe 6 or 7? I don't really know. I do also post at Pulse and Madonna.com. We sometimes an uptick on particular tracks, but it's hard to tell. When stats are posted tonight we'll see if Music had a bigger increase than the week before.

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post

Maybe 6 or 7? I don't really know. I do also post at Pulse and Madonna.com. We sometimes an uptick on particular tracks, but it's hard to tell. When stats are posted tonight we'll see if Music had a bigger increase than the week before.
                  7 ppl won't make a difference its funny tho, if like 500 fans of her just sit and stream idk, act of contrition 5 times in a day (the song is like 2 mins, isn't that hard to stream it 5 times) it would take 2.5k streams in a day, her fans aren't organized and most of them don't care to stream her music

Comment

• deleted
                    Last edited by thebigham; Wed August 11, 2021, 16:48.

Comment

• Album: True Blue
                      iTunes:
                      #2 Chile (NE)
                      #2 Greece (=)
                      #3 Brazil (NE)
                      #4 Poland (NE)
                      #4 Singapore (+2)
                      #4 Sweden (+1)
                      #5 France (+117)
                      #5 Italy (+8)
                      #5 Mexico (NE)
                      #5 Spain (+19)
                      #6 Netherlands (+26)
                      #7 United Kingdom (+131)
                      #7 Malaysia (-2)
                      #8 Philippines (NE)
                      #9 Australia (+11)
                      #9 Norway (NE)
                      #11 South Africa (NE)
                      #12 Belgium (NE)
                      #13 Germany (+429)
                      #13 Ireland (NE)
                      #18 Hong Kong (NE)
                      #25 Brunei Darussalam (NE)
                      #27 Canada (NE)
                      #30 United States (NE)
                      #39 Russia (NE)
                      #49 Qatar (NE)
                      #81 Switzerland (NE)
                      #182 Uganda (-2)

Apple Music:
                      #101 Argentina (NE)
                      #200 Macau (NE)
                      #207 Brazil (NE)
                      #226 Spain (NE)
                      #310 Italy (NE)
                      #408 Mexico (NE)
                      #429 United Kingdom (NE)
                      #459 Netherlands (NE)
                      #495 Philippines (NE)
                      Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilPray View Post

7 ppl won't make a difference its funny tho, if like 500 fans of her just sit and stream idk, act of contrition 5 times in a day (the song is like 2 mins, isn't that hard to stream it 5 times) it would take 2.5k streams in a day, her fans aren't organized and most of them don't care to stream her music
                        well that's part of the problem, her fans are stuck playing CDs on a boombox!
                        Last edited by music126; Sat July 31, 2021, 03:55.

Comment

Highest RIAA-Certified Albums Released In 1986

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
                          Title: BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & E STREET BAND LIVE 1975 - '85
                          Certification Date: July 23, 1999
                          Label: COLUMBIA
                          Format: ALBUM
                          13x Platinum

BON JOVI
                          Title:SLIPPERY WHEN WET
                          Certification Date: October 10, 1995
                          Label: MERCURY
                          12x Platinum

BEASTIE BOYS
                          Title: LICENSED TO ILL
                          Certification Date: March 4, 2015
                          Label: DEF JAM
                          10x Platinum

SOUNDTRACK
                          Title: TOP GUN
                          Certification Date: July 20, 2000
                          Label: COLUMBIA
                          9x Platinum

MADONNA
                          Title:TRUE BLUE
                          Certification Date: February 9, 1995
                          Label: SIRE
                          7x Platinum

The rest are here:

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?...search_section
                          very interesting! so in terms of solo artist (male or female) she's got the #1 selling album from that year...and I think it's undercertified as well

btw Bruce & the E Street Band's album is multiplied by 3 since it's a triple album, so they've shipped around 4,3 M sets , so Bon Jovi would be the best selling band in terms of units

Comment

• No. 45 in global steaming without a new release is really good!
                            please check out my "normal" music video edit for Madonna's God Control, comments and suggestions more than welcome

Comment

• I am still buying cd and vinyls. Of course for collection purposes. But most Madonna fans are collectors. I usually buy and give cd and vinyls and cassettes when out as presents too. Said so. I stream her music daily on multiple devices. At least 5 of my friends are taking part of the weekly streaming.

Comment

• deleted

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post

well that's part of the problem, her fans are stuck playing CDs on a boombox!
                                  It's true. If everyone is like me then those 7 are worth for over 20 (I have a tablet playing Spotify non stop 24/7 with headphones and still play at least 4 times a day on my phone Spotify and on my iPod on Apple Music).

Comment

• deleted

Comment

• deleted

Comment

Here are the TB singles' stats for possible RIAA certs:

Too bad that the single sales are 13 years out of date.
                                        Yes would love an update so badly too. Especially because from 2008 until 2013 were still great years for track selling. Her Sticky & Sweet Tour certainly helped some track sales boosts also. Plus, Glee and her 2012 Superbowl did help many of her old tracks to have some big sales gains (especially the ones she performed but all her back catalog tracks had a huge jump - remember reading about it).

Numbers for digital sales are certainly twice as much but can be as much as almost 5 times more than that.

We do have some April 2010 update from Billboard on some of her songs (but no True Blue songs there) that can give us an idea of her digital sales (https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...-about-madonna

Digital sales to-date, according to Nielsen SoundScan through the week ending April 25 (Madonna has sold a total 11.6 million digital songs in US until that date)
                                        This was the week "Glee: the Music, the Power of Madonna" entered at No. 1 on Billboard Album Charts.

Top-Selling Madonna Titles Released Before 2005:
                                        443,000, "Like a Prayer"
                                        322,000, "Material Girl"
                                        311,000, "Vogue"
                                        293,000, "Ray of Light"
                                        260,000, "Holiday"
                                        240,000, "Like a Virgin"
                                        217,000, "Music"
                                        211,000, "Crazy for You"
                                        189,000, "Santa Baby"
                                        184,000, "Die Another Day"

Top-Selling Madonna Titles Released Since 2005:
                                        2,751,000, "4 Minutes"
                                        1,200,000, "Hung Up"
                                        358,000, "Sorry"
                                        316,000, "Give It 2 Me"
                                        192,000, "Celebration"

Billboard did say that besides the 165k sales for "Gime All Your Luvin" after Superbowl all her back tracks sold over 166k after the show representing a 44% growth: https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...st-sales-bumps
                                        Her albums did grow 410% after superbowl (no specifics also).

Unfortunally they never specify her song sales individually and can't find any info about any of her older songs US digital song sales after 2010 which are still pretty old numbers. But the 44% in 2012 shows Madonna was still selling around 115k weekly digital songs of her older songs before the Superbowl (which ones were still selling well it's what I can't possible say).

Last edited by MadNuno; Sat July 31, 2021, 15:25.

Comment

Here are the TB singles' stats for possible RIAA certs:

Live To Tell

RIAA: Not certified but eligible for Gold?
                                          Digital Singles Sales: 76,590 (2008)
                                          Spotify: 33,069,131
                                          YouTube: 74,463,621

Papa Don't Preach

RIAA: Gold for 500,000 - eligible for Platinum?
                                          Digital Singles Sales: 80,090 (2008)
                                          Spotify: 70,792,784
                                          YouTube: 179,000,000

True Blue

RIAA: Gold for 500,000 - eligible for Platinum?
                                          Digital Singles Sales: 58,220 (2008)
                                          Spotify: 25,591,353
                                          YouTube: 41,289,154

Open Your Heart

RIAA: Not certified but eligible for Gold?
                                          Digital Singles Sales: 57,535 (2008)
                                          Spotify: 32,358,855
                                          YouTube: 41,905,696

La Isla Bonita

RIAA: Not certified but eligible for 2x Platinum?
                                          Digital Singles Sales: 109,585 (2008)
                                          Spotify: 172,895,321
                                          YouTube: 591,000,000

Too bad that the single sales are 13 years out of date.
                                          are these sales before 2008 or since 2008 to now

Comment

are these sales before 2008 or since 2008 to now
                                            Digital Song Sales listed there are from 2005 until 2008.

Comment

I stream Madonna songs daily. She is my second most streamed artist since late 2015. Still, I won't stream Act of Contrition. I'd rather stream other short songs like I'm Going Bananas or Now I'm Following You Part !.
                                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• deleted
                                                Last edited by thebigham; Wed August 11, 2021, 16:49.

Comment

Thanks! I think Sorry, Give It 2 Me and maybe Celebration are eligible for Gold.
                                                  I believe so too (if they are not eligible yet they will be quite soon). "Celebration" 192k total sales listed there were just 8 months after release the song release.

Comment

• Yesterday

Spotify
                                                    La Isla Bonita 337.546
                                                    Papa Dont Preach 146.081

nice number!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X