X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nympho
    replied
    Originally posted by Angeman View Post
    Just a question. If this is the chart ANALYSIS section then that implies more then just posting charts? Wouldnt analysis imply discussion on availability, marketing, and quality as they effect the chart positions? You said all that belongs in the General thread but if thats the case then theres nothing to analyze and this is just a chart posting section.
    Example:

“The new erotica picture disc will be released on X date, I hope it sells well so the song can have a new certification and hopefully make the charts somewhere” - Chart related. It belongs here.

“The new erotica picture disc will be released on X date. Erotica is my favourite track from Madonna. I remember the 1st time I watched the music video with my friend at home” - Not chart related. Doesn’t belong here but in her General Artists thread.

And we’ve had lots of examples of the latter…

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Angeman View Post
    Just a question. If this is the chart ANALYSIS section then that implies more then just posting charts? Wouldnt analysis imply discussion on availability, marketing, and quality as they effect the chart positions? You said all that belongs in the General thread but if thats the case then theres nothing to analyze and this is just a chart posting section.
    Of course it’s more than just posting chart updates - but in order to analyse you need actual updates to discuss.

As I said, if Erotica 30 charts then great, commentary about that is allowed and please note, I did say that the availability, marketing, quality of the product etc should primarily be in the GAD thread. But you must admit we’ve gone around in circles a hundred times recently in this thread, pages without actually discussing charts or sales. I admit Madonna doesn’t chart much anymore and so we focus on things like Spotify - absolutely fine, and you know I engage in those discussions too.

Yet big marketing strategies post, essays detailing where it all went wrong etc, are probably more suited to a separate discussion area - thus Madonna GAD (or an album thread). I actually love long thought out posts but some of them are nothing more than ‘I must defend Madonna at all costs’ and in the end, offer very little to a discussion about charts and sales.

Let’s also not forget that this space has been used by people for instagram updates and other discussions that are 100% nothing to do with charts or sales - people were posting about Erotica 30 being rumoured and again, that’s not the point of this thread. I would also suggest touring stats probably should be posted in the GAD too.

Basically we just need to tidy up the thread because a lot of the problems come from when the conversation veers off topic.

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Hung Up on Tokischa Spotify Update (26/09/2022)

800,483 (+124,490)
    922,754 (+122,271)
    1,032,545 (+109,791)
    1,119,856 (+87,311)
    1,186,157 (+66,301)
    1,252,448 (+66,291)

Leave a comment:

• Angeman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AlphaMale
    replied
    It's been reported that Madonna has sold in excess of 75 million albums in the USA, but that does not necessarily mean 75 million in certs. She has never talked about how many records she has sold, until recently on Jimmy Fallon. So I think, because she mentioned it, certifications are part of this new deal with Warner and part of the #madonna40year.

Leave a comment:

• AlphaMale
    replied
    Guys, records are meant to be broken. Madonna broke all of them, paving the way for others do the same. I think the only record that it won't be broken is the best selling female recording artist.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    MOD NOTICE

As Madonna fans, I know we’re all passionate about her continued success and legacy.

This thread, the Chart & Sales History Thread, exists for the purpose of discussing Madonna chart statistics and sales only. Whilst some commentary is allowed around performance, ideally this should be related to new information that has been made available - such as updated charts, updated sales. Outside of this all Madonna discussion should take place in the Madonna General Artist Discussion thread.

For example, Madonna is releasing a picture disc of Erotica next month - if it charts, I’d expect to see chart performance and confirmed (or reliable) sales information here, but discussion of the quality of the item, marketing, availability etc, should be confined primarily to the GAD thread.

There has been a lot of requests from the moderation team recently for this thread to stay on topic. When the discussion meanders that appears to be when certain users - users who have been issued infractions - begin posting in an unacceptable way. Therefore we ask that you adhere to this request to post in the correct thread.

Finally, I’d like to remind you all of a few of the forum rules:

c) We recognise that there may be conflicts of opinion but deliberately causing arguments, or ignoring moderator requests to stop arguing, is frowned upon and might result in you receiving an infraction, warning or ban.

d) Stanning and trolling of artists is discouraged and may result in an infraction, warning or ban, if persistent and/or aggressive.

e) Please try to stay on-topic. This particularly applies to derailing discussions with unnecessary comparisons to, and discussion of, other artists. Overly negative posts about a song or artist in a topic clearly aimed at people who like that particular song or artists will be considered off-topic and, as such, are discouraged.

g) Everybody has opinions and, with that, the right to express them. However, please try to remember that opinions are subjective (that is, not fact) and should be treated as such.

h) Backseat moderating is heavily discouraged. If you see a problem post or topic, please don't post in it as this will often make things worse - just report it to a moderator by private message or via the post reporting function and they will deal with it appropriately.
    As I said in my previous post, the way some of you are expressing yourselves towards each other is not acceptable and at times, outright rude. So please note that failure to follow all of the forum rules will result in infractions and bans.

If anyone has any questions please PM directly.

​​

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    I’m closing this thread temporary pending discussion with the moderator team.

In the interim I think some of you need to re-read your posts because the way some of you are talking to each other just isn’t acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by freddaras View Post
    billboard magazine 2009
    75 million usa (26.2 soundscan) 200 million albums worldwide
    https://ibb.co/3MFgHyy
    No! As 2009 (before "Celebration")

75 million in US
    200 million ABROAD (this means outside of the original country, this case US)

So 275 million albums worldwide (all pure sales).

Guiness Record Book published in 2013 she sold over 300 million ALBUMS too. So numbers are in the line from Billboard and Guiness.

Many people discount sales from albums that are not enough to be re-certified despite being close. "You Can Dance" album sales are already at over 1.9 million in US but it may take another 10 years so that this album is illegible for a re-certification.

People usually miscount small countries sales where certification rarely happen (because record companies are not willing to pay for them).
    In Portugal Madonna sold almost 1 million album (despite her certification being much lower).

If someone still have a probem with this please visit a dicionaire.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Infractions keep coming.

Next step, the thread will be locked.

Leave a comment:

• browlowkid
    replied
    Originally posted by nympho View Post

At this point I think you simply have a reading comprehension problem...

I said "2nd highest average grossing tour by a female artist in history with an average of $5.61M per show”. The average gross per show of S&S tour was $4.8M.

AVERAGE.

Who's talking of single night grosses?

The hypocrisy of some of you here... it's OK to bring other artists... as long as it's a Madonna fan who does it and to say negative things about them.. but as soon as someone proves you wrong or discuss it.. then it's all "why are you talking about X here", "you're a stan", "this is a Madonna thread..." You should have told that as well to the ones that brought those artists here in the 1st place.

Now. I'll say it one last time.

BACK TO MADONNA'S CHARTS & SALES.

Anyone who keeps going off topic with this tour and Gaga discussion will receive an infraction.
    No, you literally said:

She just broke the record for biggest gross ever for a female artist in US in a single night with $9.35M in LA, and just 2nd worldwide behind Madonna with her S&S show in Helsinki.

You don't need to twist it around if you were proven wrong.

and honestly yeah, no one really cares about your warnings and infractions. You really need to have a issues with lack of authoritžy and respect in your real life if you feel a need to boss aroung in a forum...it's so pathetic...we really need a Madonna fan moderator here lol
    Last edited by browlowkid; Wed September 28, 2022, 08:58. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• Forreal
    replied
    Ironically, Last two pages I ve only been reading of how Taylor will surpass Madge Sticky tour or Mariah outstreaming Madonna in Usa, proving how wrong the MOD is claiming other names are brought here just to be downgraded….

Speaking of average per show instead, Gaga did great but that “could be easy” to achieve when u play a tour with only 20 dates

Leave a comment:

• MusicGoddess
    replied

I said "2nd highest average grossing tour by a female artist in history with an average of $5.61M per show”. The average gross per show of S&S tour was $4.8M.

AVERAGE.

The hypocrisy of some of you here... it's OK to bring other artists... as long as it's a Madonna fan who does it and to say negative things about them.. but as soon as someone proves you wrong or discuss it.. then it's all "why are you talking about X here", "you're a stan", "this is a Madonna thread..." You should have told that as well to the ones that brought those artists here in the 1st place.

Anyone who keeps going off topic with this tour and Gaga discussion will receive an infraction.
    Okay but why u always wants have the last word?

please go to the Gaga tread.

Leave a comment:

• MusicGoddess
    replied
    Edit

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Originally posted by browlowkid View Post

Numbers are not there.

#1 Sticky & Sweet Tour - $12,148M Helsinki
    #2 Sticky & Sweet Tour - $11,796M London
    #3 Sticky & Sweet Tour - $11,093M Zurich

so even tour facts are not right, math is simple.

I did not even have to check further, her show is simply not #2.

And why are you so worried about discussing Madonna's tours in Madonna thread. It's still Madonna. You are writing essays on Gaga here

AVERAGE.

Leave a comment:

• MusicGoddess
    replied
    Originally posted by browlowkid View Post

Numbers are not there.

And why are you so worried about discussing Madonna's tours in Madonna thread. It's still Madonna. You are writing essays on Gaga here
    I want a Madonna moderator not Gaga fan moderator. The guy is very autoritary.

Well.

i Think only Taylor maybe can break the Madonna record.
    Last edited by MusicGoddess; Wed September 28, 2022, 08:10.

Leave a comment:

• browlowkid
    replied
    ^
    I already gave FACTS. Numbers are there. You can keep thinking what you want.

Now, as I already told you, this is a MADONNA CHARTS TOPIC.

So back to Madonna and her charts & sales. Last warning.
    Numbers are not there.

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    Why people are comparing a tour from the 90s vs 2020s? A dollar spent that time vs a dollar spent today makes all the difference in the world as for the records, they are meant to be broken if Taylor or Gaga breaks Madonna's then in next 20 years someone will break theirs because time changes and valuation of money as well.

Leave a comment:

• browlowkid
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicGoddess View Post

She discounts alot of her tickets sales in the last moment. A lot of her shows are in sale for two years.

residences and tours are not the same.

Madonna had 667 shows and her boxscore is 1,5 B in tickets sales.

Gaga had i think 500 shows? And her boxscore is 640 M?

She isnt a touring artist. And she doesnt her a lot demand with the Chromatica Ball. She cant did two shows in the same city, i think only in two cities with this tour, because she cant break records with pre sales tickets and she had lucky, because was a show after the pandemy. Why u dont explain than she had a lot shows in sales for two years?

No man. Gaga isnt a touring artist.
    He is a gaga stan lol. What did you expect.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    commented on 's reply
    Do you know what average means? I said “ 2nd highest average grossing tour by a female artist in history with an average of $5.61M per show”. The average gross per show of S&S tour was $4.8M.
    And if this is a Madonna thread you should have told MusicGoddess too when they brought Gaga here in the 1st place, not now me because you don’t like what I’m posting…

• nympho
    replied
    ^
    I already gave FACTS. Numbers are there. You can keep thinking what you want. Regarding the two years… you know about a Pandemic we had? Ever heard of it? It caused 2020 tours to be postponed… Dua Lipa or The Weekend tours have a similar situation. Anyway, only 6/20 dates were announced before the pandemic. The 14 remaining dates went on sale this year.

Now, as I already told you, this is a MADONNA CHARTS TOPIC.

So back to Madonna and her charts & sales. Last warning.

Leave a comment:

• MusicGoddess
    replied

Each and every date of the tour has been reported as sold out, not as “her fans say”, but as Billboard and Pollstar have officially reported. Some nights there were still tickets left to sell hours before the concert as they kept adding new sections every day, even with limited view, sometimes even behind the stage (!!!) as the ones available were sold out. (I can provide you pics and vids of it if you want to…)
    So, yes, once the tickets available (and not each seat on the venue) are sold out, the concert is reported as sold out.
    And it’s like that for Madonna (and everybody else) as well when they report all the dates of her tour as 100% sold out. Shows rarely are 100% sold out with not a single seat left.

She just broke the record for biggest gross ever for a female artist in US in a single night with $9.35M in LA, and just 2nd worldwide behind Madonna with her S&S show in Helsinki.
    She has broken many other records in several US cities with this tour regarding either audience or gross numbers. (You can check it).
    Chromatica Ball is the 2nd highest average grossing tour by a female artist in history with an average of $5.61M per show, just behind Taylor’s reputation tour ($6.5M).
    With $112M grossed in just 20 dates, Chromatica Ball will probably be the #1 female tour of 2022, above Dua Lipa and Billie Eillish tours. And even if Billie’s gross more in the end (she has 77 shows in 4 continents), she’ll still be the #1 female touring artist of the year adding the Vegas shows she had in April.

She had just 20 dates because of her schedule won’t let her do more. She has new Vegas shows soon to be announced and the filming for Joker 2 starts soon. This was confirmed by LiveNatiom CEO. Not because of “lack of demand”… in fact it was just the opposite. The tour started with just 6 stadium dates and ended with 20.
    The demand for her to go to Australia and Latin America (specially Brazil) was huge, as she hasn’t toured there for a long time. So, had this tour been longer with more dates in those countries, this amazing boxscore would be twice as good.

Her Vegas numbers are record breaking and this tour proved to be a huge success as the numbers show.
    So, with more than $800M grossed in 14 years of career she’s the #6 biggest female touring act ever, just $25M away to surpass Pink and climb to #5 (which will happen soon, just with some more Vegas shows).

She won’t surpass Madonna soon. That’s a fact. Maybe never!
    Taylor probably will. Or even Beyoncé.
    But, please, go tell that funny joke that “she isn’t a real touring artist” to someone else. She’s a huge touring artist.

Now. If you don’t want this to escalate even more with comparisons and keep going off topic (as I remind you this is a Madonna CHARTS topic, not even a touring one), we all better stay on topic.
    She discounts alot of her tickets sales in the last moment. A lot of her shows are in sale for two years.

residences and tours are not the same.

Madonna had 667 shows and her boxscore is 1,5 B in tickets sales.

Gaga had i think 500 shows? And her boxscore is 640 M?

She isnt a touring artist. And she doesnt her a lot demand with the Chromatica Ball. She cant did two shows in the same city, i think only in two cities with this tour, because she cant break records with pre sales tickets and she had lucky, because was a show after the pandemy. Why u dont explain than she had a lot shows in sales for two years?

No man. Gaga isnt a touring artist.

and this is a Madonna toppic. Of course. U can only spoke of another artist when only u wants? Please tell this to a Gaga fan not me.

thank u!
    Last edited by MusicGoddess; Wed September 28, 2022, 07:54.

Leave a comment:

• browlowkid
    replied

Each and every date of the tour has been reported as sold out, not as “her fans say”, but as Billboard and Pollstar have officially reported. Some nights there were still tickets left to sell hours before the concert as they kept adding new sections every day, even with limited view, sometimes even behind the stage (!!!) as the ones available were sold out. (I can provide you pics and vids of it if you want to…)
    So, yes, once the tickets available (and not each seat on the venue) are sold out, the concert is reported as sold out.
    And it’s like that for Madonna (and everybody else) as well when they report all the dates of her tour as 100% sold out. Shows rarely are 100% sold out with not a single seat left.

She has broken many other records in several US cities with this tour regarding either audience or gross numbers. (You can check it).
    Chromatica Ball is the 2nd highest average grossing tour by a female artist in history with an average of $5.61M per show, just behind Taylor’s reputation tour ($6.5M).
    With $112M grossed in just 20 dates, Chromatica Ball will probably be the #1 female tour of 2022, above Dua Lipa and Billie Eillish tours. And even if Billie’s gross more in the end (she has 77 shows in 4 continents), she’ll still be the #1 female touring artist of the year adding the Vegas shows she had in April.

She had just 20 dates because of her schedule won’t let her do more. She has new Vegas shows soon to be announced and the filming for Joker 2 starts soon. This was confirmed by LiveNatiom CEO. Not because of “lack of demand”… in fact it was just the opposite. The tour started with just 6 stadium dates and ended with 20.
    The demand for her to go to Australia and Latin America (specially Brazil) was huge, as she hasn’t toured there for a long time. So, had this tour been longer with more dates in those countries, this amazing boxscore would be twice as good.

Her Vegas numbers are record breaking and this tour proved to be a huge success as the numbers show.
    So, with more than $800M grossed in 14 years of career she’s the #6 biggest female touring act ever, just $25M away to surpass Pink and climb to #5 (which will happen soon, just with some more Vegas shows).

But, please, go tell that funny joke that “she isn’t a real touring artist” to someone else. She’s a huge touring artist.

Now. If you don’t want this to escalate even more with comparisons and keep going off topic (as I remind you this is a Madonna CHARTS topic, not even a touring one), we all better stay on topic.
    This is a Madonna thread not a Lady Gaga defending thread. No need to write essays on her. Her show is not 2nd biggest grossing show ever, that's simply not true. Even without 2022 inflation, S&S tour had 3 shows with gross over 11 million.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicGoddess View Post

This never gonna happen. Taylor is the only than maybe can break her record not Lady Gaga.

She only did 20 shows because she doesnt had demand in another cities or countries. Some of shows was on sale for 2 years and in a lot of them have ticketsin the night of her shows. She didnt a sold out like her fans says.

Gaga is an amazing singer but she isnt real a touring artist.

Leave a comment:

• babyshower
    replied
    I think Medellín could be eligible for some Latin RIAA certifications like those Christina Aguilera songs. The thing here is, Sony still cares and promotes Aguilera and they're trying to hype her up for her night at the Latin Grammys. Interscope, on the other hand, couldn't care less about Madonna's catalogue anymore (they barely did When she was with them). When Warner takes owenership of her Interscope material... Well, we'll see. Btw, does Madonna have an actual record deal with Warner or do they simply act as distributors? Say, she is not contractly obligated to do anything. If so, that is concerning.i don't think Warner would "allow" her to do those random remixes with awful videos that do very little to her sales/legacy, except maybe taking attention/sales/streaming away from the (vastly superior) originals. Like, at this point, and after several remixes that didn't do much, it should be clear that Frozen was an exception not a rule.

The focus should be about her legacy. Those songs/albums that are already great as they are. But, as long as she is breathing, she will never "look back" :/ she will never consider herself a legacy act. She will never allow her old material to be celebrated like it deserves to be celebrated. No wonder Mariah, who does the exact opposite, continues to get certified left and right.
    Last edited by babyshower; Wed September 28, 2022, 05:39.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X