X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flotando
    replied
    Originally posted by NoirPhoenix View Post
    The fact that her monthly listeners keep going up (15.08M) but her worldwide position doesn’t move (237-235) makes me think that her higher numbers are just a worldwide uptick for Spotify as a platform, like someone mentioned, because it is now available in Africa, East Europe and South Korea, so the Spotify users base is bigger now for everyone not just for her.
    She was around the #300 position some months ago.

Leave a comment:

• raindrops
    replied
    Originally posted by castorino View Post
    What puzzles me is seeing Ray of Light and Music performing so disappointingly, when she had HUGE success in those eras in 1998-2000.
    low playlisting it seems

playlist reach:

Music 1,453,245 (album version) + 1,360,720 (Celebration version) = 2,813,965 followers

Frozen 41,457 (GHV2 version) 1,559,098 (album version) 1,731,438 (Celebration version) = 3,331,993 followers

Ray Of Light 1,852,676 (album version) 60,247 (GHV2 version) 321,845 (Celebration version) = 2,234,768 followers

Don't Tell Me 833,703 (album version) + 442,789 (Celebration version) = 1,276,492 followers

The Power Of Good-Bye 1,287,588 followers

but what surprised me the most its that Hung Up is her biggest song at the moment with a playlist reach of "only" 5 million spotify followers (LAP , MG and LAV are all above 9 million) , 3,298,410 (album version) 769,406 (radio version) + 998,038 (Celebration version) = 5,065,854 followers

Leave a comment:

• NoirPhoenix
    replied
    The fact that her monthly listeners keep going up (15.08M) but her worldwide position doesn’t move (237-235) makes me think that her higher numbers are just a worldwide uptick for Spotify as a platform, like someone mentioned, because it is now available in Africa, East Europe and South Korea, so the Spotify users base is bigger now for everyone not just for her.

Leave a comment:

• raindrops
    replied
    Material Girl on Spotify:

199,202,186 (+170,198)

its coming

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by Hex View Post

Yes, was referring to chartmasters. Wow, I had no idea Madonna was that popular in Africa. I thought Mariah and Whitney were much more popular than her there.
    Not really as most African countries are very influenced by former "Metropoles" when they were their "colonies" and still have strong ties with them in almost all cases. When it comes to International artists in most African Countries what sells best is what's also big in their formal old European capitals as well (many countries there are less than 50 years old).

Cape Verde, Angola, Mozambique, Guine, Sao Tome - all African countries that speak Portuguese and where "Madame X" was also a big hit as well. South Africa used to be part of UK and it's still a country where BBC is one of the most listened radios and most watched TV channels.
    Last edited by MadNuno; Sun February 28, 2021, 00:43.

Leave a comment:

• upushme
    replied
    Madame X on Spotify

19.02.2021 172.529.673 +84.807
    20.02.2021 172.617.190 +87.517
    21.02.2021 172.693.314 +76.124
    22.02.2021 172.767.685 +74.371
    23.02.2021 172.847.009 +79.324
    24.02.2021 172.927.759 +80.750
    25.02.2021 173.010.895 +83.136

26.02.2021 173.097.242 +86.347

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    iTunes Best-Selling Albums WW:

#150 (+82) Madonna - The Immaculate Collection

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Instinct View Post
    But they said most people in African countries have limited access to technology, which is true, so how is iTunes a good indicator of her success over there? How did they come to the conclusion that she's the best selling and most famous female artist there just because Madame X went #1 on iTunes?
    I think access to any info from Africa is sketchy at best.

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Well its a better indicator than her albums not charting at all surely.
    But they said most people in African countries have limited access to technology, which is true, so how is iTunes a good indicator of her success over there? How did they come to the conclusion that she's the best selling and most famous female artist there just because Madame X went #1 on iTunes?

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Instinct View Post
    Is this really a good indicator, though? Not saying she is or isn't big in Africa but yeah.
    Well its a better indicator than her albums not charting at all surely.

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    Originally posted by MadNuno View Post
    Most her post iTunes albums were #01 in all African countries with iTunes.
    Is this really a good indicator, though? Not saying she is or isn't big in Africa but yeah.

Leave a comment:

• Hex
    replied
    Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

What heat maps?
    Are you talking about chartmasters? Take all the info there with a big grain of salt as they miss a lot of data.
    They even say "Into To Groove" was not released in Canada when it sold 100k from cassete single and 12" as RPM stated.

Most people in African countries have not much money or that much access to technology. Still Madonna is the best selling female artist and the most famous female artist in most African countries as well. I believe that after "Madame X" even more. Most her post iTunes albums were #01 in all African countries with iTunes.
    Yes, was referring to chartmasters. Wow, I had no idea Madonna was that popular in Africa. I thought Mariah and Whitney were much more popular than her there.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied

Is Madonna big in Africa too? I have no idea. I know based on heat maps, she does best in Latin America and continental Europe.
    What heat maps?
    Are you talking about chartmasters? Take all the info there with a big grain of salt as they miss a lot of data.
    They even say "Into To Groove" was not released in Canada when it sold 100k from cassete single and 12" as RPM stated.

Most people in African countries have not much money or that much access to technology. Still Madonna is the best selling female artist and the most famous female artist in most African countries as well. I believe that after "Madame X" even more. Most her post iTunes albums were #01 in all African countries with iTunes.

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Album: The Immaculate Collection
    iTunes:

#47 Australia (+33)
    #63 Germany (+4)
    #119 United Kingdom (-4)
    #148 Bermuda (+2)
    #435 United States (+495)

Apple Music:

#37 Papua New Guinea (NE)
    #505 United Kingdom (+45)

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    Music is the most shocking to me, considering the title track was massive and remains her last #1 in the US. The album doesn't even pull 100k streams a day. A shame because it's one of her best.

Leave a comment:

• castorino
    replied
    What puzzles me is seeing Ray of Light and Music performing so disappointingly, when she had HUGE success in those eras in 1998-2000.

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    MG: 200 million next week on Spotify!

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by madfan13 View Post

So true. Whenever Madonna is featured in any playlist, it’s usually the same 5 songs (“Like a virgin”, “Like a Prayer “, “Material Girl”, “Hung Up” and “Holiday”). Her team should really push songs like “Deeper and Deeper”, “Secret”, “Take A Bow”, and “Rain” on playlists. In fact they should do a better job pushing A LOT MORE of her catalogue. That’s really how you increase her listeners and followers, don’t they know? It pisses me off “You’ll See” doesn’t get the attention it deserves. One of her best ballads ever.
    I don’t disagree but what are they supposed to do - call Spotify and ask nicely? Is it even Madonna’s team that should do this or Warner?

Leave a comment:

• Hex
    replied
    Originally posted by madfan13 View Post

So true. Whenever Madonna is featured in any playlist, it’s usually the same 5 songs (“Like a virgin”, “Like a Prayer “, “Material Girl”, “Hung Up” and “Holiday”). Her team should really push songs like “Deeper and Deeper”, “Secret”, “Take A Bow”, and “Rain” on playlists. In fact they should do a better job pushing A LOT MORE of her catalogue. That’s really how you increase her listeners and followers, don’t they know? It pisses me off “You’ll See” doesn’t get the attention it deserves. One of her best ballads ever.
    It's clear by now that her team has no idea what they are doing--or they just don't care. They really should.

Leave a comment:

• madfan13
    replied
    Originally posted by menime123 View Post

I mean those three albums simply don’t have songs in playlists, along with Ray of Light probably.

Leave a comment:

• Hex
    replied
    Originally posted by HardGrammy View Post
    The boost is due to Spotify finally being released in the rest of Africa and Europe.
    Is Madonna big in Africa too? I have no idea. I know based on heat maps, she does best in Latin America and continental Europe.

Leave a comment:

• HardGrammy
    replied
    The boost is due to Spotify finally being released in the rest of Africa and Europe.

Leave a comment:

• Forreal
    replied

Yay! Hopefully her spotify numbers keep growing steadily. I'm tired of always hearing how Madonna performs poorly compared to Whitney and Mariah. Her catalogue is so much bigger than Whitney's, she should be doing much better.
    According to Kworb, Speaking of YT daily average number, Madonna has done better than Mariah for the whole year ( except for Xmas period)

her Spotify numbers are growing too

Not bad at all .

Leave a comment:

• Hex
    replied
    That's true--hopefully Frozen, Ray of Light and Power of Goodbye get added to more playlists. You'll See as well. It's her second best 90s ballad next to Take a Bow (imo).

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied

Those last three albums are more like fan favorites but the general public didn't care for them (minus Take a Bow). So I'm not surprised. What is surprising to me is that Ray of Light was actually the biggest album of 1998 (per chartmasters) but it doesn't do that well in digital singles, youtube or spotify. Hard Candy and COADF do much, much better on streaming services.
    I mean those three albums simply don’t have songs in playlists, along with Ray of Light probably.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X