No announcement yet.

Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Material Girl" from the Celebration album is at 199,618,071 on Madonna's artist page on Spotify.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/6tbjWDEIzxoDsBA1FuhfPW

4 days to 200 million.

Comment

• Madame X on Spotify

15.10.2021 188.725.527 +72.173
      16.10.2021 188.794.826 +69.299
      17.10.2021 188.852.491 +57.665
      18.10.2021 188.910.624 +58.133
      19.10.2021 188.971.644 +61.020
      20.10.2021 189.033.044 +61.400
      21.10.2021 189.094.623 +61.579

22.10.2021 189.159.446 +64.823
      23.10.2021 189.222.992 +63.546
      24.10.2021 189.275.828 +52.836

Madame X LIVE on Spotify

15.10.2021 1.773.024 +143.409
      16.10.2021 1.879.389 +106.365
      17.10.2021 1.958.323 +78.934
      18.10.2021 2,038,065 +79.742
      19.10.2021 2.113.796 +75.731
      20.10.2021 2.185.070 +71.274
      21.10.2021 2.253.395 +68.325

22.10.2021 2.324.891 +71.496
      23.10.2021 2.384.516 +59.625
      24.10.2021 2.431.747 +47.231

Comment

• Both albums lost a lot of streams yesterday

Comment

• https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...-top-10-story/

"Record radio start: As "Easy on Me" launches at No. 4 on Radio Songs, it makes the highest debut since the chart became an all-format ranking in December 1998. In that span, it bests the No. 6 start of Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" in February 2011.

(From the chart's December 1990 inception through November 1998, Radio Songs was largely based on pop airplay, and three songs in that stretch entered in the top five: Madonna's "Erotica," at No. 2 in October 1992; Mariah Carey's "I'll Be There," No. 4, May 1992; and Janet Jackson's "That's the Way Love Goes," No. 4, May 1993.)"

I didn't know Erotica had such a strong push on radio

Comment

• Originally posted by pablob View Post
            https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...-top-10-story/

"Record radio start: As "Easy on Me" launches at No. 4 on Radio Songs, it makes the highest debut since the chart became an all-format ranking in December 1998. In that span, it bests the No. 6 start of Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" in February 2011.

(From the chart's December 1990 inception through November 1998, Radio Songs was largely based on pop airplay, and three songs in that stretch entered in the top five: Madonna's "Erotica," at No. 2 in October 1992; Mariah Carey's "I'll Be There," No. 4, May 1992; and Janet Jackson's "That's the Way Love Goes," No. 4, May 1993.)"

I didn't know Erotica had such a strong push on radio
            Record for Highest debut at the Hot 100 Airplay

"Erotica" entered the chart at number two on October 17, 1992, due to strong radio airplay in its first week

List of Madonna records and achievements - Wikipedia
            Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• And then plummeted but a records a record

Comment

• Erotica had strong airplay cuz Madonna was coming after the Immaculate Collection era, they didn't know in what kind of record she was workingg then but imagine how much successful her 5th album would've been if it wasn't controversial, probably another 20m seller, she was coming after TIC era
                Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilPray View Post
                  Erotica had strong airplay cuz Madonna was coming after the Immaculate Collection era, they didn't know in what kind of record she was workingg then but imagine how much successful her 5th album would've been if it wasn't controversial, probably another 20m seller, she was coming after TIC era
                  Or Imagine how safe and boring it would have been if she didn't take a risk and spoke her mind? Her ups and downs musically ( all subjective) are interesting to me but her ups and downs chart/numbers-wise are of no interest to me, I mean I'm not getting a penny if she is successful or unsuccessful I can understand to a certain degree the fascination fans have with charts but why do you people care for her numbers, it's dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavieX View Post

Or Imagine how safe and boring it would have been if she didn't take a risk and spoke her mind? Her ups and downs musically ( all subjective) are interesting to me but her ups and downs chart/numbers-wise are of no interest to me, I mean I'm not getting a penny if she is successful or unsuccessful I can understand to a certain degree the fascination fans have with charts but why do you people care for her numbers, it's dumb.
                    Then why are you in the chart analysis thread? Same reason why people who love sports know there teams and fave players statistics. Its interesting to us.

Also why would it be safe or boring? Vogue wasnt boring and Like a Prayer wasnt either and yet they sold millions. Eroticas my favorite album but you cant say if it didnt happen she would have come up with a boring or safe album.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

Then why are you in the chart analysis thread? Same reason why people who love sports know there teams and fave players statistics. Its interesting to us.

Also why would it be safe or boring? Vogue wasnt boring and Like a Prayer wasnt either and yet they sold millions. Eroticas my favorite album but you cant say if it didnt happen she would have come up with a boring or safe album.
                      LOL you didn't understand my comment AT ALL.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavieX View Post

LOL you didn't understand my comment AT ALL.
                        What part of the comment? You said multiple things. I answered why people like charts and numbers.

Either way you didnt answer why youre in the chart analysis thread if it doesnt interest you?

Comment

• Unnoficial remix alerady up to 5,1m on Spotify, that's 3m in a week. Warner is not doing anything of course.

Comment

• Up to #224 on Spotify! The highest she's been for months now.

Comment

• Just checked placements on these playlists after a while, and they are worse than ever. These are ofc not personilized, I checked them while logged out. They are overall.

All Out 80s: #70 LAP, #75 PDP, #84 Holiday
                              All Out 90s: #91 Vogue
                              All Out 00s: #81 4 Minutes, #109 Hung Up

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                Just checked placements on these playlists after a while, and they are worse than ever. These are ofc not personilized, I checked them while logged out. They are overall.

All Out 80s: #70 LAP, #75 PDP, #84 Holiday
                                All Out 90s: #91 Vogue
                                All Out 00s: #81 4 Minutes, #109 Hung Up
                                In fact they are.
                                I have 7 Madonna songs on All 80s: LIB, MG, LAP, PDP, LAV, ITG & Holiday
                                Highest one Material Girl at #13

On All Out 90s I have 3 songs: Vogue, Frozen and ROL
                                Highest Vogue at #16

All Out 00s: Hung Up, 4 Minutes and American Pie.
                                Highest Hung Up at #14

Comment

• Don't complain, stream Frozen!

PDP is #12 and ITG #20 on my All Out 80's.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

In fact they are.

Highest Vogue at #16

Highest Hung Up at #14

You're checking personilized. Not overall.

Comment

You're checking personilized. Not overall.
                                      ?
                                      As long as a playlist is different for each user, is personalized.
                                      Just as Music126 posted, different positions too.

You claimed those playlists weren’t personalized but standard for everybody.. and they’re not.

You said you saw those positions while logged out… But people are logged in to listen to music… so everybody will have a personalized playlist.

Comment

?
                                        As long as a playlist is different for each user, is personalized.
                                        Just as Music126 posted, different positions too.

You claimed those playlists weren’t personalized but standard for everybody.. and they’re not.

You said you saw those positions while logged out… But people are logged in to listen to music… so everybody will have a personalized playlist.
                                        What are you talking about? When you are logged in playlists are modified to your own taste, meaning some artists would be closer ro the top. But it does not reflect real push or placement of a song overall.

i did not claim that they were standard for everybody. Stop lying. List i posted is overall result of real push. It doesn't matter if it's high for fans who listen to her already, her highest song being at #70 overall is very poor and result of song not being pushed to someone who doesn't listen to her on regular basis.

Comment

In fact they are.

Highest Vogue at #16

Highest Hung Up at #14

True,it's a well known and discussed fact that those "All Out ..." playlists are personalized and change from person to person.

Mine:
                                          ​​80s : MG #12 ,LaV #20, LIB #30, Holiday #40,PDP #48, ITG #58,LaP #64
                                          90s : Vogue #64, Frozen #28, RoL #125,
                                          00s : Hung Up #15, 4M #34

Comment

What are you talking about? When you are logged in playlists are modified to your own taste, meaning some artists would be closer ro the top. But it does not reflect real push or placement of a song overall.

i did not claim that they were standard for everybody.
                                            You are being contradictory and what you're saying doesn't even make sense.
                                            first,who listens to spotify without being logged in?
                                            second,once you're logged those aforementioned playlists will change to suit your preferences better,its a fact.
                                            so, you're basically insisting to prove not only a failed but also a nonsensical point of view.

Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                            Stop lying.
                                            Plus,as usual,you are being aggressive for no reason.
                                            why is that?
                                            Does that make you feel good?
                                            To come to a place you don't like the artist only to spread hate and negativity and disguise that as "oh that's my opinion and I'm not here to kiss her a**" ?
                                            Give it up and move on buddy.
                                            Go post and comment on artists or things you like.
                                            That's so unpleasant to read your hateful and repetitive messages eveytime .

Comment

• I have the very same songs in all my Spotify accounts... including a brand new account with no history to change to my taste... weird...

Comment

• remix is deleted
                                                Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                                                Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

You are being contradictory and what you're saying doesn't even make sense.
                                                  first,who listens to spotify without being logged in?
                                                  second,once you're logged those aforementioned playlists will
                                                  Ohh my god, you don't even understand the point.
                                                  Overall push is shown in unpersonilized playlists. And you can only see them while not being logged in. What is the point of looking at personalizied playlist? Ofc Madonna fan would have them at the top.

being so low on overall playlists shows that she is not being pushed to non'listeners. Get it now??

Comment

• There is a spotify playlist archive page (2021-10-26 04:44:36)
                                                    https://github.com/mackorone/spotify...4UtSsGT1Sbe.md
                                                    All Out 80s: #77 LAP, #83 PDP, #90 Holiday #128 LIB

Comment

Working...
                                                    X