Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• music126
    replied
    Yes the weekly streaming party will be delayed this week to support the 35th Anniversary edition of True Blue. Start streaming!

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied

Album: True Blue

iTunes:
    #2 Greece (NE)
    #3 Sweden (NE)
    #6 Spain (NE)
    #8 Italy (NE)
    #9 United Kingdom (NE)
    #10 Australia (NE)
    #12 Netherlands (NE)
    #25 Russia (NE)
    #51 France (NE)
    #58 Germany (NE)
    #138 United States (NE)
    #182 Uganda (-4)

Leave a comment:

• melodious
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicGoddess View Post

No.

Artist of the decade Hot 100 Chart (singles sales and airplay) NO ALBUMS.

Madonna was the top artist of the 80s according to Billboard Hot 100 and # 6 in the 90s.
    The link I posted was OVERALL artist of decade lists (albums+singles), just check the link. It says (No. of charted singles & albums)

There wasn't a decade-end artist chart in the 1980s, but Billboard DID list the artist of the decade based on readers survey:

In 2013, Billboard listed the Artists of the Decade using the Billboard Hot 100 points only. Eminem is the Artist of the Decade in the 2000s, but if we only count the Billboard Hot 100 points, Usher is the artist of the 2000s decade.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    This week I will be streaming TRUE BLUE anniversary edition.
    Sorry guys, I know there was another album ("Ray of Light"?) but this week we should all do this one and then return to original schedule in a week or 2.

Let's help TRUE BLUE to chart on Official Charts somewhere as sales are not very high during August.
    Last edited by MadNuno; Fri July 30, 2021, 14:52.

Leave a comment:

• upushme
    replied
    Madame X on Spotify

16.07.2021 183.046.953 +74.511
    17.07.2021 183.118.391 +71.438
    18.07.2021 183.179.787 +61.639
    19.07.2021 183.242.161 +62.374
    20.07.2021 183.306.202 +64.041
    21.07.2021 183.370.770 +64.568
    22.07.2021 183.436.738 +65.968

23.07.2021 183.504.122 +67.384
    24.07.2021 183.572.149 +68.027
    25.07.2021 183.629.943 +57.794
    26.07.2021 183.688.103 +58.160
    27.07.2021 183.750.135 +62.032
    28.07.2021 183.812.380 +62.245

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
    I wish the album version instrumental of La Isla Bonita was included in this
    I don't have that one... was it ever released anywhere?

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Here is an iTunes chart update... as it's already #01 in Greece and rising in all countries

Leave a comment:

• GaGarazzi
    replied
    I wish the album version instrumental of La Isla Bonita was included in this

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    It took it's time but I was finally able to buy it on iTunes... or almost as it says to try to buy it again in 1 minute (not sure why...)

€15,99 for an album with '86/'87 tracks is a bit expensive (especially as I have all tracks already in CD or Vinyl or both) but it's Madonna so I want to have it!
    Last edited by MadNuno; Fri July 30, 2021, 00:13.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    "True Blue" is now at #02 on Greece iTunes as well!

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    It's not even midnight here (or in UK) but "True Blue" is already climbing on iTunes chart there too.
    In places where it's already Friday like India, Malaysia, Singapore and Australia the album is already climbing higher.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
    Madonna's"True Blue" - 35th Anniversary Edition will be released tomorrow on all Digital platforms.

The expanded edition will include the nine LP Album tracks + nine Extended Remixes, Edits, Dubs and Instrumentals. #TrueBlue #Madonna
    Is it on iTunes and Streaming or just iTunes?

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Madonna's"True Blue" - 35th Anniversary Edition will be released tomorrow on all Digital platforms.

The expanded edition will include the nine LP Album tracks + nine Extended Remixes, Edits, Dubs and Instrumentals. #TrueBlue #Madonna

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by thebigham View Post
    Opinions. Not facts.

I don't understand why people think ROL will get 5xP over LAP.

LAP has the digital single sales, streaming and video views of LAP, EY, Cherish, OF and KIT.
    Exacly! I do think LAP is closer from the 5xP than ROL

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicGoddess View Post

No.

Artist of the decade Hot 100 Chart (singles sales and airplay) NO ALBUMS.

Madonna was the top artist of the 80s according to Billboard Hot 100 and # 6 in the 90s.
    Where was Madonna in the 00's? Did she featured on the Year End List?
    Was Mariah Carey on the 00's list? She was #01 in the 90's...

Leave a comment:

• Forreal
    replied
    Deeper and Deeper has just reached 10 mil views on YT .

Leave a comment:

• Forreal
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilPray View Post

beyonce and britney are in their late 30s, not mid 60s, people in their 20s literally grew up with them.
    mariah and madonna have similar stats. mariah has 4,570,874,373 solo spotify streams, madonna has 3,546,907,141. if you don't included AIWFCIY by mariah her streams go at 3.5 billion too, its that one xmas song carrying her streams.
    Well said !!

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Hex View Post

Madonna has La Isla Bonita and Hung Up on youtube, those two songs do extremely well. I feel like the rest of her 80s material, even Like a Prayer, underperforms on youtube. Actually, her spotify top 10 is more equal than her top 10 on youtube. La Isla Bonita and Hung Up are big outliers in terms of their performance.
    LIB has great views on YouTube but I honestly don’t understand why her Spotify doesn’t follow a similar trend. Even so, LIB in HD will be a treat when released.

Leave a comment:

• MusicGoddess
    replied
    Originally posted by thebigham View Post
    Opinions. Not facts.

Steaming is stronger with R&B artists which benefits Mariah and Beyonce.

MX out-streamed Mariah's last album.

Britney Spears is really not a 90s artist. She had 5 studio albums in the 00s.

I don't understand why people think ROL will get 5xP over LAP.

LAP has the digital single sales, streaming and video views of LAP, EY, Cherish, OF and KIT.
    Im talking about pure sales and ROL is close to the 5 platinum and LAP dont.

Leave a comment:

• Hex
    replied
    Originally posted by menime123 View Post
    To be honest I find Madonna’s streams completely acceptable, but I am surprised she doesn’t have a runaway streaming hit in the same way Billie Jean and I Wanna Dance With Somebody have.

It’s surprising songs like Holiday, Into The Groove, Vogue or even Hung Up, don’t have 500m+ streams. I’m still a little bewildered at the love Material Girl gets and just how little attention Music seems to receive.

There’s probably a hundred reason why her individual song streams aren’t bigger, but I guess the standout reasons in my opinion are threefold - she doesn’t have an estate monetising her catalogue, she probably doesn’t have a large heterosexual fanbase and not all of her fans migrated to streaming music (and are perfectly content playing their CDs).

Madonna is holding her own and 16m monthly listeners on Spotify is not to be sniffed at. But it seems to me that Madonna needs to more to remind people she has a hell of a catalogue.

With the biopic incoming, I think a new greatest hits era could work well for her - and it’s been 12 years since she had one.
    Madonna has La Isla Bonita and Hung Up on youtube, those two songs do extremely well. I feel like the rest of her 80s material, even Like a Prayer, underperforms on youtube. Actually, her spotify top 10 is more equal than her top 10 on youtube. La Isla Bonita and Hung Up are big outliers in terms of their performance.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    To be honest I find Madonna’s streams completely acceptable, but I am surprised she doesn’t have a runaway streaming hit in the same way Billie Jean and I Wanna Dance With Somebody have.

It’s surprising songs like Holiday, Into The Groove, Vogue or even Hung Up, don’t have 500m+ streams. I’m still a little bewildered at the love Material Girl gets and just how little attention Music seems to receive.

There’s probably a hundred reason why her individual song streams aren’t bigger, but I guess the standout reasons in my opinion are threefold - she doesn’t have an estate monetising her catalogue, she probably doesn’t have a large heterosexual fanbase and not all of her fans migrated to streaming music (and are perfectly content playing their CDs).

Madonna is holding her own and 16m monthly listeners on Spotify is not to be sniffed at. But it seems to me that Madonna needs to more to remind people she has a hell of a catalogue.

With the biopic incoming, I think a new greatest hits era could work well for her - and it’s been 12 years since she had one.

Leave a comment:

• Shego
    replied
    Originally posted by alexey View Post
    mariah carey, britney spears and beyonce and are all 90s artist and their streams are much better than madonnas. madonnas streams are very bad for someone of her status.
    beyonce and britney are in their late 30s, not mid 60s, people in their 20s literally grew up with them.
    mariah and madonna have similar stats. mariah has 4,570,874,373 solo spotify streams, madonna has 3,546,907,141. if you don't included AIWFCIY by mariah her streams go at 3.5 billion too, its that one xmas song carrying her streams.

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    deleted
    Last edited by thebigham; Wed August 11, 2021, 15:50.

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    deleted
    Last edited by thebigham; Wed August 11, 2021, 15:50.

Leave a comment:

• MusicGoddess
    replied
    Originally posted by alexey View Post
    mariah carey, britney spears and beyonce and are all 90s artist and their streams are much better than madonnas. madonnas streams are very bad for someone of her status.
    Yes her streaming is bad because her team never worried about that. Only 10 years later her team fix a lot things now, for that her streaming increases a lot in the last year in Spotify and Youtube.
    Last edited by MusicGoddess; Wed July 28, 2021, 20:12.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X