No announcement yet.

Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen remix added to some playlists in Australia and to a German one, with 267,000 followers (Pamela Reif Workout Songs) on the 2nd position. New maximum 5,7 million followers of reach.

Comment

• Just for frame of reference Katy Perry's new song has over 70 million Spotify playlist listeners and it's getting about 800,000 per day. Madonnas getting half that with only 5 million. Just imagine the possibilities if she was on more playlists

Comment

• Originally posted by britneyliam View Post

Guys,I'm confused with the RIAA SINGLE CERTIFICATION RULES.

According to Chartmasters(mjdangerous)

"As for sales figures, a clarification is needed. From late 70s to early 90s, two formats were strong, 7″ and 12″. This latter format was double certified by the RIAA, the US organization in charge of providing Gold and Platinum awards. Artists of dancing music were selling a large amount of 12″ singles as they included mixes of those hot tunes.
        Madonna was one of them. A song like Angel went Gold for 1 million units in 1985 while peaking only at #9 in the Sales chart, it was due to the single being a 12″ exclusive, meaning it sold 500,000 units rather than 1 million. Most other singles sold well in both formats, which inflates their RIAA tallies by 20-30%."

Is that true?

We know Like A Virgin sold 1.9 million by May 1985 on report.

Like A Virgin sold in both 12'' and 7'' formats in US.

If it has sold 1.9 million copies which means at least 0.2 million of them were 12'' format.

This could be over 2 million units in RIAA rules,they count 12'' as 2 units, which making it eligible for Platinum at that time.

But why it is not platinum?

It was certified Gold for shipping 1 million units when it was still on top of the chart.
        It is true!
        But It's also true that on Billboard Decade End Issue they said "Angel/Into The Groove" was the best selling 12" of the 80's decade with sales of 960k.
        Not sure if it was able to sell more during the 90's (especially enoguh to make it to 1 million).

Billboard had that rule for gold or platinum maxi-singles as the 12" single price was 3 or 4 times higher to the 7".

There was also the "Angel" 7" single available (not sure how much did it sold) but only the 12" version had "Into The Groove".

I think that In the 90's the maxi-single/12" double sales rules changed. This means maxi-singles (or cd-maxi-singles) would count as 1 as regular single (despite some were priced 4 times a regular single as had as much as 10 tracks).Today they are called EP's on iTunes and are counted as Albums instead of singles... a mess.

I don't know "Like a Virgin" total sales by the end of the 80's but I would say that those were certainly higher than 1.9 million as during the "True Blue" era I'm sure the "Like a Virign" era singles certainly had a sales bump (and if the song was so close to get to 2 million it certainly got there).

It's like now saying 1 digial download sale is the same as 1 EP from that song sale when it's not.
        Chartmasters have a lot double standards rules done in order to put MJ as The Greatest of All Time (and that's added to the fact that they only use certified sales to count sales is why their credibility is very weak).
        Last edited by MadNuno; Wed January 12, 2022, 12:22.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

Just for frame of reference Katy Perry's new song has over 70 million Spotify playlist listeners and it's getting about 800,000 per day. Madonnas getting half that with only 5 million. Just imagine the possibilities if she was on more playlists
          I’m sure she will be! It’s clearly just the beginning

Comment

• Madame X LIVE on Spotify

31.12.2021 3.980.707 +14.050
            01.01.2022 3.990.588 +9.881
            02.01.2022 4.000.892 +10.304
            03.01.2022 4.012.511 +11.619
            04.01.2022 4.024.858 +12.347
            05.01.2022 4.038.006 +13.148
            06.01.2022 4.050.762 +12.756

07.01.2022 4.063.572 +12.810
            08.01.2022 4.075.635 +12.063
            09.01.2022 4.085.900 +10.265
            10.01.2022 4.097.643 +11.743

Madame X on Spotify

31.12.2021 192.937.012 +61.267
            01.01.2022 192.983.917 +46.905
            02.01.2022 193.028.342 +44.425
            03.01.2022 193.075.493 +47.151
            04.01.2022 193.124.590 +49.097
            05.01.2022 193.175.520 +50.930
            06.01.2022 193.227.589 +52.069

07.01.2022 193.282.597 +55.008
            08.01.2022 193.336.645 +54.048
            09.01.2022 193.383.391 +46.746
            10.01.2022 193.430.468 +47.077

Comment

• Is that true?

Originally posted by sniper View Post
              I remember very well that COADF opened with 105K in Italy in 2005 (retail sales, not shipments)

Comment

• Youtube

Like a Virgin has reached 97 million views
                Expected to hit 100,000,000 on: 2022/04/20

Material Girl has reached 90 million views
                Expected to hit 100,000,000 on: 2022/06/13

Comment

• Madonna - Give It 2 Me feat. Pharrell has reached 85 Million Views
                  Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
                    Madonna - Give It 2 Me feat. Pharrell has reached 85 Million Views
                    Strange that Pharell got a feature credit on the YouTube viceo but not on the record, iTunes or streaming services.
                    Even MTV or VH1 or any other music channel when plays the video only credits Madonna.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

Just for frame of reference Katy Perry's new song has over 70 million Spotify playlist listeners and it's getting about 800,000 per day. Madonnas getting half that with only 5 million. Just imagine the possibilities if she was on more playlists
                      But we don't know if it's worth to push this, or they are trying to push a remix with Swae Lee

Comment

• I really hope they won't delete the 2-minute loop that's getting hundreds of thousands of daily streams when they release the Swae Lee remix. They need to let both thrive. I still remember when they deleted the single version of GMAYL when the MDNA pre-order went up…

Comment

• Originally posted by Fajitas View Post
                          I really hope they won't delete the 2-minute loop that's getting hundreds of thousands of daily streams when they release the Swae Lee remix. They need to let both thrive. I still remember when they deleted the single version of GMAYL when the MDNA pre-order went up…
                          Why would they delete it? That would be weird... they can add other versions but delete a version they even uploaded to iTunes and YouTube also and Madonna promoted on her Instragram would be super weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

Why would they delete it? That would be weird... they can add other versions but delete a version they even uploaded to iTunes and YouTube also and Madonna promoted on her Instragram would be super weird.
                            Well, they did so for GMAYL, because they didn’t want multiple versions to chart. That was so dumb, I swear.

I doubt they will do that this time. It would be a huge mistake, but you never know with her stupid team…

I hope they have a video shooting planned tbh. A video could only help and increase the interest. Plus, it would truly make it a proper Madonna project and not only a fluke.

The absence of a vid is clearly making her lose a lot of potential views. The number of views on YouTube for the remix is the pits (700k.) She should at least have a visual lyrics vid with extracts from the original video or something!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fajitas View Post

Well, they did so for GMAYL, because they didn’t want multiple versions to chart. That was so dumb, I swear.
                              But this was on iTunes and even though I reckon it was a really stupid decision,they did it because they had GMAYL as a grat to those who preordered MDNA during Superbowl weekend.
                              As the weekend was over (11:59 pm Sunday to Monday) ,they deleted the instant grat version .
                              Now it's an entirely different situation.
                              Besides,Madonna herself seems to be really excited with all this and really onboard so ,imo,its 100% safe to say this won't be deleted ,removed,wtv...

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

But this was on iTunes and even though I reckon it was a really stupid decision,they did it because they had GMAYL as a grat to those who preordered MDNA during Superbowl weekend.
                                As the weekend was over (11:59 pm Sunday to Monday) ,they deleted the instant grat version .
                                Now it's an entirely different situation.
                                Besides,Madonna herself seems to be really excited with all this and really onboard so ,imo,its 100% safe to say this won't be deleted ,removed,wtv...
                                I hope you're right!

Any news about the daily numbers in Germany, Finland, Sweden, Austria, etc?

Comment

• ^ Spotify hasn't refreshed its numbers yet.
                                  At least I cant see yesterday's numbers yet

Comment

• Originally posted by flotando View Post
                                    Frozen remix added to some playlists in Australia and to a German one, with 267,000 followers (Pamela Reif Workout Songs) on the 2nd position. New maximum 5,7 million followers of reach.
                                    How does one find what playlists it’s on?

Comment

• The video while only approaching 700k, seems to be increasing rather than decreasing in daily views. So that's something positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
                                        The video while only approaching 700k, seems to be increasing rather than decreasing in daily views. So that's something positive.
                                        It does! It got 20k views yesterday. But still, a real video (or something more interesting than that motionless cover) would be better.
                                        Maybe with the Swae Lee remix! Hopefully!

Comment

• Not a Madge song being third on a playlist called “teen beats” Love it.

Comment

• I don't think we see a new peak today, as streamings went down a bit

Frozen Remix, Spotify, January 11th:

79 (-8) Finland 7,984

127 (-16) Lithuania 1,308

151 (+7) Germany 57,164

189 (-18) Sweden 16,284

OUT Austria

Comment

• The full version of the remix has 1.8m views on YouTube in three weeks so this thing is poised to explode if Madonna and Swae Lee do a version with a video.

I know this has all been very last minute and very unexpected for Madonna (and the legitimising took time) but she needs to hurry up if she’s planning on doing a new music video. Though I think outtakes would work fine - I don’t think we’ve ever had any substantial Frozen footage without the heavy colour correction before.

I am surprised Madonna legitimised the remix though. She’s always been a fan of DJs turned producers, so I wonder if she’s asked to hear any of his original stuff.
                                              Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

I don't think we see a new peak today, as streamings went down a bit

79 (-8) Finland 7,984

151 (+7) Germany 57,164

189 (-18) Sweden 16,284

OUT Austria
                                                Went up in the most important market!

Comment

I don't think we see a new peak today, as streamings went down a bit

79 (-8) Finland 7,984

151 (+7) Germany 57,164

189 (-18) Sweden 16,284

OUT Austria
                                                  Quite surprising tbh…

Comment

• Let's wait for Friday, I am sure it'll rise.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X