Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

    Not sure if it's accurate either but it may be right as almost all artists numbers I checked are just slighly higher than BPI certifications (including Madonna).

    We need to take into account that any Platinum album may have almost 300k more sales (especially if the record companies in question aren't updating certification numbers for a long time).

    Barbra does have much more album releases than Mariah and almost all of her album were last certified a few weeks after release only (and never again).Many never even got a certification at all (but doesn't mean that meanwhile didn't sold enough to be certified and never were as certifications were not automatic and had to be paid back then).

    Some of them were not even certified when released in UK but may have sold quite a lot in the long run as she have changed labels and old label may not want spend money re-certificating the albums (will probably do it once she dies). Mariah returned to Sony that updated her certs not long ago (so she probably doesn't have much more sales to add there... but she may be at 6 million already because of her Christmas song).

    Barbra does have quite a few albums from the 70's and 80's that may need big re-certifications (they are only automatic for digital releases so everything released before 2005 may need certifications).

    Numbers don't seem too off when you see that Barbra released 59 (36 studio albums, 9 live albums, 11 compilations plus 2 OSTs credited to her - from 15 OSTs she was in) and have many undercertifications. Mariah Carey released less around half the albums.

    I bet many of her older non-certified albums sold probably at least enough for siver or gold since she have been having Hit albums until recently (her latest 2 albums peaked #05 and #06 in 2018 and 2021) while Mariah barely achieves a TOP 40 album anymore (her latest albums peaked #40 and #44 in UK in 2018 and 2020).

    A lot of what you say makes sense, however, it's not enough to double and even triple Barbra's total of official album sales figures, because after all, these are speculations and not official statistics. Applying this same reasoning to other old artists with a large catalog, one would have to triple their total just as well, in many markets, compared to newer successful artists with a very small catalog in comparison. Such rankings should stick primarily to official and verifiable statistics, since uncertified sales assumptions cannot be verified. That's making Barbra's total of uncertified album sales much bigger than her certified album sales, which is very incorrect. But I'm not going argue further on that, because here is Madonna's thread.
    Last edited by Carlito; Sat January 15, 2022, 16:46.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

      Oh,the info everyone was on the edge of their seats waiting for on this MADONNA sales thread
      Thank you very much
      I apologize , I just wanted to make an important point . Please excuse me, I won't continue.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by flotando View Post
        Big gain in Germany today in streaming, 9000 more, it's down only cause it was Friday and there were like 30 new entries above

        There will be a new peak today.
        Streams Daily #55 -10 Finland
        Streams Daily #127 +17 Lithuania
        Streams Daily #157 -19 Germany
        Streams Daily #183 -32 Austria
        Streams Daily #193 -13 Sweden

        Finland : #55 : 12.338 (+257)

        Lithuania : #127 : 1.424 (+219)

        Germany : #157 : 68.580 (+9.150)

        Austria: #183 : 5.546 (+582)

        Sweden : #193 : 19.915 (+3.246)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Carlito View Post

          A lot of what you say makes sense, however, it's not enough to double and even triple Barbra's total of official album sales figures, because after all, these are speculations and not official statistics.

          .
          It probably is enough to double her sales.
          I believe they are based on data released by Official Charts Company, NME and other sources over the years.

          I do know for fact that only those 7 ladies sold over 10 million albums in UK (including Barbra Streisand) as that info was published somewhere (Official Charts, BBC or NME probably, can't remember).

          Comment


          • Originally posted by HardGrammy View Post
            17,609,526 listeners (+41k),
            17.646.291 now (+36.7K)

            Comment


            • Frozen (Sickick Remix) on Spotify

              Spoiler!


              07/01/22: 8,571,061 (+379,421) +13,39% (vs last week)
              08/01/22: 8,943,328 (+372,267) +48,78% (vs last week)
              09/01/22: 9,286,746 (+343,418) +21,91% (vs last week)
              10/01/22: 9,677,460 (+390,714) +22,10% (vs last week)
              11/01/22: 10,066,997 (+389,537) +19,86% (vs last week)
              12/01/22: 10,465,826 (+398,829) +16,93% (vs last week)
              13/01/22: 10,878,288 (+412,462) +17,82% (vs last week)

              14/01/22: 11,319,743 (+441,455) +16,34% (vs last week) *NEW PEAK*
              ___

              Official Spotify Charts:

              #55 Finland (-10) - 12,338
              #127 Lithuania (+17) - 1,424
              #157 Germany (-19) - 68,580
              #183 Austria (-32) - 5,546
              #193 Sweden (-13) - 19,915

              Thanks to flotando and BodyShop. Kworb hasn't updated for me yet.
              ___

              Apple Music:

              #48 Yemen (-28)
              #62 Lithuania (=)
              #97 Czech Republic (-14)
              #99 Chad (+37)
              #157 British Virgin Islands (NE)
              #160 Slovakia (+4)
              #163 Oman (+15)
              #180 Cyprus (+11)
              #183 Germany (+5)
              #191 Turkey (NE)
              #193 Austria (-11)
              #196 Latvia (NE)
              ___

              Deezer:

              #86 Chile (NE)
              Last edited by UnapologeticKenny; Sat January 15, 2022, 17:36.

              Comment


              • Frozen is coming for a global entry soon OMG I can't wait

                Comment


                • 441k, wow. It's getting super close to 500k and super fast. I thought it would take another 10 days but it could get there this week!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post

                    Thanks to flotando and BodyShop. Kworb hasn't updated for me yet.
                    You're the best

                    Comment


                    • Frozen" by Madonna& SickickMusic received 441,455 streams on Spotify yesterday (14/01), up 7%. Its biggest streaming day on the platform!
                      Last edited by freddaras; Sat January 15, 2022, 18:12.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by britneylinda View Post

                        Toxic is selling 250K a year and streams are increasing every day for this song, it'll be diamond eligible eventually in some Years.
                        Yeah im really not worried about what might happen in twelve or more years. The person said " a few years" which is three. And Toxic will certainly not be diamond in three years.
                        And it isnt "selling" anything. Its just getting streamed.

                        Anyway this isnt Britneys thread so back to Madonna.

                        Cool to see this remix taking off - hope it keeps growing.
                        Last edited by InFamous; Sat January 15, 2022, 18:23.
                        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                        Baby maybe you're the problem "

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

                          It probably is enough to double her sales.
                          I believe they are based on data released by Official Charts Company, NME and other sources over the years.

                          I do know for fact that only those 7 ladies sold over 10 million albums in UK (including Barbra Streisand) as that info was published somewhere (Official Charts, BBC or NME probably, can't remember).

                          Ok.However, the fact remains that the list you posted has not just doubled but quadrupled Barbra's total certified album sales in the UK. Giving an artist more than 70% sales advantage based on uncertified sales, over another artist who is officially certified over 60% more, is technically weird and questionable. Normally, a good estimate of total sales must be supported by at least 50% in certifications. Otherwise it would be chaotic, and we would see several artists like Nana Mouskouri, Frank Sinatra, Alla Pugacheva, Wei Wei, etc claiming places occupied by other artists in the rankings of the most successful artists of all time.
                          I don't know if the list you posted is quite wrong or right about it as I can't verify, then I won't continue to argue.
                          Mariah has done better than Barbra sales wise ,in other important European markets like France, Netherlands and Germany, then it's surprising that in UK it could be different when UK is her biggest European supporter. But everything is still possible. Once again, I apologize for that talk in this thread.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Carlito View Post


                            Ok.However, the fact remains that the list you posted has not just doubled but quadrupled Barbra's total certified album sales in the UK. Giving an artist more than 70% sales advantage based on uncertified sales, over another artist who is officially certified over 60% more, is technically weird and questionable. Normally, a good estimate of total sales must be supported by at least 50% in certifications. Otherwise it would be chaotic, and we would see several artists like Nana Mouskouri, Frank Sinatra, Alla Pugacheva, Wei Wei, etc claiming places occupied by other artists in the rankings of the most successful artists of all time.
                            I don't know if the list you posted is quite wrong or right about it as I can't verify, then I won't continue to argue.
                            Mariah has done better than Barbra sales wise ,in other important European markets like France, Netherlands and Germany, then it's surprising that in UK it could be different when UK is her biggest European supporter. But everything is still possible. Once again, I apologize for that talk in this thread.
                            But to be honest the certification only approach is inherently flawed. Take the UK. Say for artist A has an album which is 2 times platinum. That artist has 600k sales added to their tally. Then take artist B who has an album which sold 500k. Obviously it will only be certified platinum and 300k units added to their certified tally. But the artist has another 200k sales which are basically ignored because they dont come up to the next level. Obviously these sales will be known and can be verified by the charts company but for certification purposes will basically be discounted. I mean that is not really giving an accurate picture either.
                            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                            Baby maybe you're the problem "

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                              But to be honest the certification only approach is inherently flawed. Take the UK. Say for artist A has an album which is 2 times platinum. That artist has 600k sales added to their tally. Then take artist B who has an album which sold 500k. Obviously it will only be certified platinum and 300k units added to their certified tally. But the artist has another 200k sales which are basically ignored because they dont come up to the next level. Obviously these sales will be known and can be verified by the charts company but for certification purposes will basically be discounted. I mean that is not really giving an accurate picture either.
                              Yeah, I agree.

                              Comment



                              • I've been trying to figure out how many times Madonna has made it to the top of the billboard. in 2015, madonna was over 161 (but not including the one referring to the album rebel heart). in my accounts only madame x brought 9 or 10 more... this is it?

                                Comment


                                • I don’t care about Barbra and Britney.
                                  As much as Gaga or Mariah fans do not care about Madonna in their threads.
                                  I wonder where the moderator is in this cases, they are always so sensitive when some of us mentions other artists.
                                  "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

                                  Comment


                                  • *double post
                                    Last edited by flotando; Sat January 15, 2022, 19:45.

                                    Comment


                                    • On Madonna's "Popular" page on Spotify



                                      Next up is La Isla Bonita:188.9 million.

                                      Comment


                                      • Worldwide iTunes Song Chart

                                        #30 (-3) Madonna & Sickick - Frozen

                                        European iTunes Song Chart

                                        #26 (-2) Madonna & Sickick - Frozen

                                        Comment


                                        • Madame X LIVE on Spotify

                                          07.01.2022 4.063.572 +12.810
                                          08.01.2022 4.075.635 +12.063
                                          09.01.2022 4.085.900 +10.265
                                          10.01.2022 4.097.643 +11.743
                                          11.01.2022 4.109.243 +11.600
                                          12.01.2022 4.121.466 +12.223
                                          13.01.2022 4.134.579 +13.000

                                          14.01.2022 4.148.012 +13.433
                                          ______________________________

                                          Madame X on Spotify

                                          07.01.2022 193.282.597 +55.008
                                          08.01.2022 193.336.645 +54.048
                                          09.01.2022 193.383.391 +46.746
                                          10.01.2022 193.430.468 +47.077
                                          11.01.2022 193.479.212 +48.744
                                          12.01.2022 193.529.965 +50.753
                                          13.01.2022 193.582.398 +52.433

                                          14.01.2022 193.638.366 +55.968

                                          Comment


                                          • Papa Don't Preach (True Blue Version) has reached 76Million Streams on Spotify.
                                            Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                                            Comment


                                            • Spotify 14.01.2022

                                              Levitating (feat. Madonna and Missy Elliott) 44.509.478 +24.322
                                              Me Against the Music (feat. Madonna) 42.565.568 +27.391
                                              Champagne Rosť (feat. Madonna & Cardi B) 17.360.546 +3.410
                                              Soltera (feat. Madonna) 10.511.996 +2.700





                                              Comment


                                              • "Champagne Rosť" and "Soltera" are higher than I thought but doesn't look like they are surviving well as daily streams are low.

                                                I guess if she releases the so called remix album with a few new remixes having some good featurings she can get a few millions extra streams.

                                                Comment


                                                • Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                                                  Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by upushme View Post
                                                    Spotify 14.01.2022

                                                    Levitating (feat. Madonna and Missy Elliott) 44.509.478 +24.322
                                                    Me Against the Music (feat. Madonna) 42.565.568 +27.391
                                                    Champagne Rosť (feat. Madonna & Cardi B) 17.360.546 +3.410
                                                    Soltera (feat. Madonna) 10.511.996 +2.700




                                                    So both Levitating and Me Against the Music would be on her weekly top 30 if considered. Interesting! I wish she would have tagged herself in Levitating. Her voice sounds all over the place through the whole song.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X