Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flotando View Post

So both Levitating and Me Against the Music would be on her weekly top 30 if considered. Interesting! I wish she would have tagged herself in Levitating. Her voice sounds all over the place through the whole song.
    Right! It's a shame cause she has collabed with just a handful of people over the years (especially for their projects, not hers.) They would look nice on her page… But anyway!

Any update for the mega smashing hit (just kidding) Frozen Remix today?
    It should go down a bit because of Sunday, but I'm still intrigued to see if it has entered new charts!

Comment

• Out in Austria
      Streams Daily #61 -6 Finland
      Streams Daily #147 +10 Germany
      Streams Daily #173 -46 Lithuania
      Streams Daily #196 -3 Sweden

Comment

• Me Against the Music was so massive on MTV those days I think the reputation of both in U.S that time killed the song - they never managed to perform also together over the years it might've given more boost to the streams.

Comment

• Frozen picking up in Germany

Comment

Out in Austria
            Oooh, the increase in Germany is unexpected considering it went down in all the other countries! That's amazing!
            Do you have the numbers please?

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
              Me Against the Music was so massive on MTV those days I think the reputation of both in U.S that time killed the song - they never managed to perform also together over the years it might've given more boost to the streams.
              Wasn't the song only released as Maxi-Single in US (or not commercially released at all as a single)? At least it's what I remember... if released as a regular single would certainly be at least TOP 20 and much probably TOP 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

Wasn't the song only released as Maxi-Single in US (or not commercially released at all as a single)? At least it's what I remember... if released as a regular single would certainly be at least TOP 20 and much probably TOP 10.
                I think both of them weren't seeing a good time in America and both of them had little to no radio plays too - this song was much bigger in Europe and Asia! If they performed this song live a couple of times I feel streams would've seen good amount but then this never happened.

Comment

Out in Austria
                  Austria #190 :5.302 (-244)

Finland : #61 : 10.969 (-1.369)

Germany : #147 : 67.614 (-966)

Lithuania : #173 : 1.161 (-263)

Sweden : #196 : 17.633 (-2.282)
                  Last edited by BodyShop; Sun January 16, 2022, 13:17.

Comment

• I don't know that's true at all but I read somewhere that Britney wasn't releasing physical singles at the time (since 2001) to force people to download the songs on her website/or buy the album! If that's true, I think that's the reason why MATM bombed at USA despite global sucess.

Comment

Out in Austria
                      'Frozen' is not out in Austria, it's at #190 with 5.302 streams.

Comment

• Want it to pick up in other markets come onnnn #greedy

Comment

• Originally posted by esswein View Post
                          I don't know that's true at all but I read somewhere that Britney wasn't releasing physical singles at the time (since 2001) to force people to download the songs on her website/or buy the album! If that's true, I think that's the reason why MATM bombed at USA despite global sucess.
                          There was a physical release of MATM in the US.
                          Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Weekly Spotify positions

Germany - #170 (389,394)
                            Sweden - #174 (122,756)
                            Finland - #72 (62,955)
                            Lithuania - #142 (8,895)
                            Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                            Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

There was a physical release of MATM in the US.
                              But there was regular $3.99 single besides the maxi-single (that would be $7.99 or $8.99?

Comment

But there was regular $3.99 single besides the maxi-single (that would be $7.99 or $8.99?
                                A physical release is still a physical release.

Comment

• Frozen
                                  iTunes:
                                  #1 Uzbekistan (=)
                                  #2 Romania (NE)
                                  #3 Turkey (+1)
                                  #11 Sweden (NE)
                                  #12 Russia (+2)
                                  #22 India (+3)
                                  #30 Germany (-5)
                                  #57 Austria (+3)
                                  #65 Australia (-15)
                                  #77 Spain (NE)
                                  #80 Egypt (NE)
                                  #99 Italy (NE)
                                  Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Finland (Airplay Chart)

79 (60) 06 La Isla Bonita

Comment

• Madonna - Girl Gone Wild (Official Video) has reached 66Million views

Comment

A physical release is still a physical release.
                                        Yeah but when it's a SINGLE sales are much higher and most songs released as MAXI-SINGLE(CD-MAXI-SINGLE) only usually chart lower.

In all over the rest of the world there was both maxi-single and the SINGLE (CD-SINGLE).
                                        The single/CD-SINGLE was responsible for over 90% of sales in UK, Australia and other countries not the maxi-single. That's why I ask - it's not the same thing despite being both physical releases (I mean, iTunes was still a baby when this song was released with a few months old and lower song sales than physical singles).

Comment

• From the I'm Breathless Sdtk:

Hanky Panky SPS: 34,000

Sooner Or Later SPS: 23,000

I swear there's some totals coming up over 100k. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                                            From the I'm Breathless Sdtk:

Hanky Panky SPS: 34,000

Sooner Or Later SPS: 23,000

I swear there's some totals coming up over 100k. lol
                                            Thanks!
                                            I hope so! Still not bad for those kind of songs.

These songs are not very commercial and releasing "Hanky Panky" as a single in 1990 was courageous. Reaching #10 in US (and #02 in UK) wouldn't happen if any other artist would sing a song like that at the time.

Comment

Yeah but when it's a SINGLE sales are much higher and most songs released as MAXI-SINGLE(CD-MAXI-SINGLE) only usually chart lower.

In all over the rest of the world there was both maxi-single and the SINGLE (CD-SINGLE).
                                              The single/CD-SINGLE was responsible for over 90% of sales in UK, Australia and other countries not the maxi-single. That's why I ask - it's not the same thing despite being both physical releases (I mean, iTunes was still a baby when this song was released with a few months old and lower song sales than physical singles).
                                              The UK didn’t have a maxi single. We had a CD single, cassette and 12” release.

The original comment was raising the point that Britney wasn’t releasing a physical format in order to push album sales. This was true for her previous lead single (Slave wasn’t released on a physical cd single) but not for MATM which had a CD and 12” release in the US.

Comment

The UK didn’t have a maxi single. We had a CD single, cassette and 12” release.

The original comment was raising the point that Britney wasn’t releasing a physical format in order to push album sales. This was true for her previous lead single (Slave wasn’t released on a physical cd single) but not for MATM which had a CD and 12” release in the US.
                                                This collaboration didn't work out for both, this was Madge's first feature but looking at both America hate it would've flopped any which way,

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

17.646.291 now (+36.7K)
                                                  Monthly listeners : 17.669.307 (+23.016)
                                                  Last edited by BodyShop; Sun January 16, 2022, 16:50.

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post

This collaboration didn't work out for both, this was Madge's first feature but looking at both America hate it would've flopped any which way,
                                                    It didnt flop in the US though. It peaked at 11 on the top 40 airplay chart and with a 2 track CD single might have peaked top 25 on the hot 100 perhaps even top 20. Thats constitutes a minor hit.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X