Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TIC isn't Diamond in Canada? I'm shook.

    Comment


    • Take a Bow music video’s resolution has been re-upgraded on YouTube. It is now on 4K. I wonder if they’ll start doing it witj the rest of her videos.

      Comment


      • I’m surprised that yesterday was the biggest day for the song, I thought that it already peaked but it seems like it still has some life.

        Comment


        • I don't know why everyone is assuming it's stuck when it got its biggest day in some territories and the remix has been added to new playlists for a new maximum of 9,2 million potential listeners. This is 2,3 more million than just 7 days ago.

          A song can't grow 20% every day or every week without any promo. We may see this stuck or even decreasing a bit, then growing again, we just don't know. We know it's never gonna plummet and that's great. For the moment let's celebrate the new peak yesterday!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MadNuno View Post
            Nice to see "Frozen" remix getting a new global peak.

            Also nice that it's finally doing well in Germany (the 2nd biggest market in Europe). It's not strange that this is doing well there since "Ray of Light" is Madonna best selling album there being certified for sales over 1.5 million since 1998 already (so I wouldn't be surprised if it already sold over 2 million since there were over 23 years since it was certified and Madonna toured germany lots of times after that).

            I'm surprised that the song still didn't make it in UK where ROL is Madonna second best selling studio album (just behind "True Blue").
            Ray of Light is at 1.6m in Germany

            Comment


            • Originally posted by arhre View Post
              Take a Bow music video’s resolution has been re-upgraded on YouTube. It is now on 4K. I wonder if they’ll start doing it witj the rest of her videos.
              Great move but they should focus on replacing the very low quality videos for now. We've seen how uploading HD has positively affected the videos' views so they should work faster!

              Comment


              • The Take A Bow 4K video was upscaled by AI.
                Not rescanned the original film
                Some frames are distorted
                Mariah had her team remastered all her videos in 2020
                Hope Madonna would have these videos remastered this year.
                It will help her views on YouTube a lot

                Comment


                • FROZEN (Sickick Remix) Spotify 01/22 :

                  #149 Austria - 5,616
                  #66 Finland - 10,662
                  #108 Germany - 79,604
                  #125 Lithuania - 1,376

                  Sweden - OUT
                  ___

                  Comment


                  • Frozen remix has been used in over 515 K videos on Instagram reels.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                      FROZEN (Sickick Remix) Spotify 01/22 :

                      #149 Austria - 5,616
                      #66 Finland - 10,662
                      #108 Germany - 79,604
                      #125 Lithuania - 1,376

                      Sweden - OUT
                      ___
                      Super stable in Germany!
                      It will probably come back to Sweden’s charts on Tuesday’s update!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
                        TIC isn't Diamond in Canada? I'm shook.
                        It could be eligible for Diamond by now. It was certified 7xPlatinum already in October 2003 (upgraded from 3xPlatinum certified in 1991)
                        "Ray of Light" album was certified 7x platinum in December 1999 (also from 3xP a year before) so it could much probably have updates as well


                        https://musiccanada.com/gold-platinu...latinum-albums

                        "Only" 2 Madonna albums are Diamond in Canada.

                        "Like a Virgin" was certified Diamond in July 1992
                        "True Blue" was certified Diamond in July 1987
                        As it seems after this there is only Double Diamond no way to say how much these albums really sold in Canada. One of them was last certified almost 35 years ago and no way it sold zero there (as chartmasters and others website estimate).

                        https://musiccanada.com/gold-platinu...diamond-albums

                        Other albums probably also certainly need update in Canada.
                        Both "Like a Prayer" and "Confessions on a Dancefloor" are 5xPlatinum but while COADF was certified in October 2007 LAP last certification was over 30 years ago in December 1989 (so it's much probably at least 7x or 8x platinum already - or even Diamond as well, who knows?).

                        https://musiccanada.com/gold-platinu...latinum-albums


                        For releases before 1 May 2008 Diamond is 1 million albums (double Diamond is 2 million albums - not easy to get there at all).
                        So "True Blue" already sold over 1 million by 1987 so it much probably sold at least another 500k in Canada alone as TIC only canibalized some of its sales 3 years later and this was certainly a big catalog seller when LAP was released (only Warner can tell us the real numbers now).

                        For releases after 1 May 2008 Diamond is 800lk albums (in case any of her albums ever get there).

                        There are only 12 double diamond albums in Canada (and Adele "21" is the only one certified for sales of 1.6million instead 2 million as was the only one released after May 2008).There are no Triple Diamond albums in Canada (so far).

                        https://musiccanada.com/gold-platinu...diamond-albums

                        Not sure if all Madonna albums need certifications updates in Canada but "Music" probably needs one as well as the last certificaiton was 3xPlatinum in July 2001. It's hard to believe it didn't sell enough for another platinum after the COADF success in Canada.

                        https://musiccanada.com/gold-platinu...latinum-albums

                        Other albums that may almost for sure need an update last certifications dates in Canada?

                        "Something To Remember" - 2xPlatinum in January 1996
                        "Bedtime Stories" - 2xPlatinum in December 1994
                        "Erotica" - 2xPlatinum in January 1993
                        "I'm Breathless" - 2xPlatinum in October 1990

                        "Hard Candy" - Platinum in June 2008
                        "American Life" - Platinum in June 2003
                        "GHV2" - Platinum in November 2001

                        Madonna albums that were never certified yet in Canada?

                        "Madonna"
                        "Who's That Girl"
                        "You Can Dance"
                        "Evita" (read somewhere that it's 2xPlatinum since 1997 but nowhere to be seen on database).
                        "Celebration"
                        "MDNA"
                        "Rebel Heart"
                        "Madame X"

                        ... and all her live albums (not sure if any did good enough to be certified as some do have certifications in many other countries - especially Confessions and Sticky & Sweet).

                        Will any of these be eligible for gold or even platinum? I'm sure at least "Madonna" probably it's even eligibel for even more as the album have certainly been selling something for almost 40 years. No sure how successful was "Celebration" in Canada but I'm surprised if it's not at least eligible for Gold.

                        If Warner upgrade certifications and sales info for all world countries (especially the ones on the TOP 40 music markets in the world) we can get nice surprises as probably Madonna total album may be way bigger than we all estimate. I mean... 2 of her Albums alone can have together almost 2 million aditional sales and we can't know until they really reached that number and get certified.Her album sales in Canada may be way bigger than certificaitons show.

                        I don't think Warner will update all certificaitons at once. They will probably do it before or a bit after the deluxe editions scheduled for each album are out.
                        Last edited by MadNuno; Sun January 23, 2022, 14:58.

                        Comment


                        • Finnish Radio Airplay Chart:

                          93 (79) La Isla Bonita

                          Comment


                          • From the Hard Candy album:

                            Mile Away SPS: 138,000

                            Beat Goes On SPS: 84,000

                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                            PS: Did y'all vote for UKMix's Favorite Members?

                            https://www.ukmix.org/forum/ukmix/fr...e#post10810196

                            Only 38 people have voted. Today is the last day to vote.

                            Comment


                            • Thank you so much for these figures, darling! Miles Away over 100K is impressive as I don't think it ever got a proper radio release in the US, not even to AC/Adult Pop radio.

                              Comment


                              • ^It got to #103 on Mediabase's Pop chart! lol

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                                  ^It got to #103 on Mediabase's Pop chart! lol
                                  And #1 on Billboard's Dance Airplay chart so there was that too.

                                  Comment


                                  • Big leaps on Apple Music France for Frozen, it's sitting at 121 at the moment. Not sure how big the Apple market is in France but it got there far faster than any other decent sized market, must count for something.

                                    Comment


                                    • Frozen (Sickick Remix) on Spotify

                                      Spoiler!


                                      DATE: TotalStreams (DailyGain) %±YD [%±LW]

                                      14/01/22: 11,319,743 (+441,455) +7,03% [+16,34%]
                                      15/01/22: 11,751,585 (+431,842) -2,18% [+16,00%]
                                      16/01/22: 12,132,838 (+381,253) -11,71% [+11,01%]
                                      17/01/22: 12,549,950 (+417,112) +9,40% [+6,75%]
                                      18/01/22: 12,971,686 (+421,736) +1,10% [+8,26%]
                                      19/01/22: 13,401,266 (+429,580) +1,86% [+7,71%]
                                      20/01/22: 13,826,702 (+425,436) -0,96% [+3,14%]

                                      21/01/22: 14,286,880 (+460,178) +8,16% [+4,24%]
                                      22/01/22: 14,736,626 (+449,746) -2,26% [+4,14%]
                                      ___

                                      Official Spotify Charts:

                                      #66 Finland (-8) - 10,662
                                      #108 Germany (+13) - 79,604
                                      #125 Lithuania (-31) - 1,376
                                      #149 Austria (-3) - 5,616

                                      Thanks to @BodyShop
                                      ___

                                      Apple Music:

                                      #51 Lithuania (+4)
                                      #118 Czech Republic (-4)
                                      #121 France (+35)
                                      #155 Austria (+2)
                                      #159 Germany (-3)
                                      #161 Slovakia (-13)
                                      #169 Oman (-5)
                                      #177 Turkey (NE)
                                      ___

                                      Deezer:

                                      #92 Poland (NE)

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

                                        It could be eligible for Diamond by now. It was certified 7xPlatinum already in October 2003 (upgraded from 3xPlatinum certified in 1991)
                                        "Ray of Light" album was certified 7x platinum in December 1999 (also from 3xP a year before) so it could much probably have updates as well


                                        https://musiccanada.com/gold-platinu...latinum-albums

                                        "Only" 2 Madonna albums are Diamond in Canada.

                                        "Like a Virgin" was certified Diamond in July 1992
                                        "True Blue" was certified Diamond in July 1987
                                        As it seems after this there is only Double Diamond no way to say how much these albums really sold in Canada. One of them was last certified almost 35 years ago and no way it sold zero there (as chartmasters and others website estimate).

                                        https://musiccanada.com/gold-platinu...diamond-albums

                                        Other albums probably also certainly need update in Canada.
                                        Both "Like a Prayer" and "Confessions on a Dancefloor" are 5xPlatinum but while COADF was certified in October 2007 LAP last certification was over 30 years ago in December 1989 (so it's much probably at least 7x or 8x platinum already - or even Diamond as well, who knows?).

                                        https://musiccanada.com/gold-platinu...latinum-albums


                                        For releases before 1 May 2008 Diamond is 1 million albums (double Diamond is 2 million albums - not easy to get there at all).
                                        So "True Blue" already sold over 1 million by 1987 so it much probably sold at least another 500k in Canada alone as TIC only canibalized some of its sales 3 years later and this was certainly a big catalog seller when LAP was released (only Warner can tell us the real numbers now).

                                        For releases after 1 May 2008 Diamond is 800lk albums (in case any of her albums ever get there).

                                        There are only 12 double diamond albums in Canada (and Adele "21" is the only one certified for sales of 1.6million instead 2 million as was the only one released after May 2008).There are no Triple Diamond albums in Canada (so far).

                                        https://musiccanada.com/gold-platinu...diamond-albums

                                        Not sure if all Madonna albums need certifications updates in Canada but "Music" probably needs one as well as the last certificaiton was 3xPlatinum in July 2001. It's hard to believe it didn't sell enough for another platinum after the COADF success in Canada.

                                        https://musiccanada.com/gold-platinu...latinum-albums

                                        Other albums that may almost for sure need an update last certifications dates in Canada?

                                        "Something To Remember" - 2xPlatinum in January 1996
                                        "Bedtime Stories" - 2xPlatinum in December 1994
                                        "Erotica" - 2xPlatinum in January 1993
                                        "I'm Breathless" - 2xPlatinum in October 1990

                                        "Hard Candy" - Platinum in June 2008
                                        "American Life" - Platinum in June 2003
                                        "GHV2" - Platinum in November 2001

                                        Madonna albums that were never certified yet in Canada?

                                        "Madonna"
                                        "Who's That Girl"
                                        "You Can Dance"
                                        "Evita" (read somewhere that it's 2xPlatinum since 1997 but nowhere to be seen on database).
                                        "Celebration"
                                        "MDNA"
                                        "Rebel Heart"
                                        "Madame X"

                                        ... and all her live albums (not sure if any did good enough to be certified as some do have certifications in many other countries - especially Confessions and Sticky & Sweet).

                                        Will any of these be eligible for gold or even platinum? I'm sure at least "Madonna" probably it's even eligibel for even more as the album have certainly been selling something for almost 40 years. No sure how successful was "Celebration" in Canada but I'm surprised if it's not at least eligible for Gold.

                                        If Warner upgrade certifications and sales info for all world countries (especially the ones on the TOP 40 music markets in the world) we can get nice surprises as probably Madonna total album may be way bigger than we all estimate. I mean... 2 of her Albums alone can have together almost 2 million aditional sales and we can't know until they really reached that number and get certified.Her album sales in Canada may be way bigger than certificaitons show.

                                        I don't think Warner will update all certificaitons at once. They will probably do it before or a bit after the deluxe editions scheduled for each album are out.
                                        according to chartmasters TIC was at 900,000 pure in Canada as of 2017 (pure sales are dead it's at 910k max by now) and since all its tracks TEA and SEA count towards the original albums except for Justify My Love and Rescue Me I'd Say it's just short of the 1m figure. somewhere around 950,000 SPS.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by HardGrammy View Post
                                          Big leaps on Apple Music France for Frozen, it's sitting at 121 at the moment. Not sure how big the Apple market is in France but it got there far faster than any other decent sized market, must count for something.
                                          it's pretty tiny in France. only 10% of the market while deezer occupies 50% and Spotify 30%

                                          Comment


                                          • Listeners peaked again.

                                            17,862,153 (+50k)

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

                                              It could be eligible for Diamond by now. It was certified 7xPlatinum already in October 2003 (upgraded from 3xPlatinum certified in 1991)
                                              "Ray of Light" album was certified 7x platinum in December 1999 (also from 3xP a year before) so it could much probably have updates as well


                                              https://musiccanada.com/gold-platinu...latinum-albums

                                              "Only" 2 Madonna albums are Diamond in Canada.

                                              "Like a Virgin" was certified Diamond in July 1992
                                              "True Blue" was certified Diamond in July 1987
                                              As it seems after this there is only Double Diamond no way to say how much these albums really sold in Canada. One of them was last certified almost 35 years ago and no way it sold zero there (as chartmasters and others website estimate).

                                              https://musiccanada.com/gold-platinu...diamond-albums

                                              Other albums probably also certainly need update in Canada.
                                              Both "Like a Prayer" and "Confessions on a Dancefloor" are 5xPlatinum but while COADF was certified in October 2007 LAP last certification was over 30 years ago in December 1989 (so it's much probably at least 7x or 8x platinum already - or even Diamond as well, who knows?).

                                              https://musiccanada.com/gold-platinu...latinum-albums


                                              For releases before 1 May 2008 Diamond is 1 million albums (double Diamond is 2 million albums - not easy to get there at all).
                                              So "True Blue" already sold over 1 million by 1987 so it much probably sold at least another 500k in Canada alone as TIC only canibalized some of its sales 3 years later and this was certainly a big catalog seller when LAP was released (only Warner can tell us the real numbers now).

                                              For releases after 1 May 2008 Diamond is 800lk albums (in case any of her albums ever get there).

                                              There are only 12 double diamond albums in Canada (and Adele "21" is the only one certified for sales of 1.6million instead 2 million as was the only one released after May 2008).There are no Triple Diamond albums in Canada (so far).

                                              https://musiccanada.com/gold-platinu...diamond-albums

                                              Not sure if all Madonna albums need certifications updates in Canada but "Music" probably needs one as well as the last certificaiton was 3xPlatinum in July 2001. It's hard to believe it didn't sell enough for another platinum after the COADF success in Canada.

                                              https://musiccanada.com/gold-platinu...latinum-albums

                                              Other albums that may almost for sure need an update last certifications dates in Canada?

                                              "Something To Remember" - 2xPlatinum in January 1996
                                              "Bedtime Stories" - 2xPlatinum in December 1994
                                              "Erotica" - 2xPlatinum in January 1993
                                              "I'm Breathless" - 2xPlatinum in October 1990

                                              "Hard Candy" - Platinum in June 2008
                                              "American Life" - Platinum in June 2003
                                              "GHV2" - Platinum in November 2001

                                              Madonna albums that were never certified yet in Canada?

                                              "Madonna"
                                              "Who's That Girl"
                                              "You Can Dance"
                                              "Evita" (read somewhere that it's 2xPlatinum since 1997 but nowhere to be seen on database).
                                              "Celebration"
                                              "MDNA"
                                              "Rebel Heart"
                                              "Madame X"

                                              ... and all her live albums (not sure if any did good enough to be certified as some do have certifications in many other countries - especially Confessions and Sticky & Sweet).

                                              Will any of these be eligible for gold or even platinum? I'm sure at least "Madonna" probably it's even eligibel for even more as the album have certainly been selling something for almost 40 years. No sure how successful was "Celebration" in Canada but I'm surprised if it's not at least eligible for Gold.

                                              If Warner upgrade certifications and sales info for all world countries (especially the ones on the TOP 40 music markets in the world) we can get nice surprises as probably Madonna total album may be way bigger than we all estimate. I mean... 2 of her Albums alone can have together almost 2 million aditional sales and we can't know until they really reached that number and get certified.Her album sales in Canada may be way bigger than certificaitons show.

                                              I don't think Warner will update all certificaitons at once. They will probably do it before or a bit after the deluxe editions scheduled for each album are out.
                                              Not sure about her older albums but MDNA opened with 32k so eligible for Gold at the very least, and maybe Platinum?
                                              RH opened with 18k and had a decent-ish chart run from what I remember so maybe Gold there too.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post

                                                Not sure about her older albums but MDNA opened with 32k so eligible for Gold at the very least, and maybe Platinum?
                                                RH opened with 18k and had a decent-ish chart run from what I remember so maybe Gold there too.
                                                Rebel Heart has sold 40,000 Pure in Canada it is eligible for GOLD

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

                                                  To say It "Killed her carreer" it's quite a bit dramatic but certianly cut her legs to jump higher on charts and sales.

                                                  But I would say it killed her chance to have new younger audiences the way she was able to get outside US and that also killed her chances to have multi-platinum albums as well (some of her 2000's albums will eventually get multi-platinum, the first one will be COADF for sure).

                                                  I mean... all her studio albums of the 00's and 10's (including "American Life") except for "Rebel Heart" were still #01 in Billboad 200 showing she always kept an huge fanbase in US. And after all she's still Madonna so everyone over 30 knows she is the biggest in US - problem is that among those under 30 many don't know it and Warner work to change that is big.

                                                  Outside US everyone over 18 yo knows Madonna is huge (and why).

                                                  Despite all she was still able to have a few HOT 100 entries after that but it became harder and harder.

                                                  She still have had lots of club hits and "Hung Up" ended up being the 00's song most played at US Clubs.
                                                  Madonna still ended the decade as #01 Single Sales artist so that still says a lot (despite physical single sales were in decline).
                                                  Her 2004, 2006 and 2008 tours still sell out in US (not only Arenas but also some Stadiums).

                                                  Not sure if US radio (the Republican Party) have finally "forgiven" Madonna for that American Life episode but truth is that "Crave" still got some AC love (enough to be an Year End TOP 40 AC airplay hit). I doubt her "God Control" video played in her favour though

                                                  Exactly, also Madonna had huge #1 Billboard Sales Singles post AL, she was named Billboards #1 selling singles artist of the 2000s in the US after all

                                                  AL killed her radio play but she was 44/45 that was bound to happen anyway
                                                  on the sales front she had 5 further #1 albums , about 8 #1 singles sales songs, record breaking tours etc post AL in the US

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by wowsignal14 View Post

                                                    according to chartmasters TIC was at 900,000 pure in Canada as of 2017 (pure sales are dead it's at 910k max by now) and since all its tracks TEA and SEA count towards the original albums except for Justify My Love and Rescue Me I'd Say it's just short of the 1m figure. somewhere around 950,000 SPS.
                                                    Chartmasters don't know the exact numbers since 2003 as they were not all turned public.
                                                    They do know some of the numbers and estimate the other the numbers. It could be well above 1 million as when it was certified could be at 700k or at 750k already and during 00's album sales were higher and those are the numbers chartmasters doesn't have.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X