Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thebigham
    replied
    ^It's on Top Album sales. That's how Chart Data got the info.

Leave a comment:

• NoirPhoenix
    replied
    Let’s see if it shows up on the catalogue or sales chart, ant that was only with 1 day of campaign, this closing week it could have done another 1.2k

Leave a comment:

• music126
    replied
    ^^ so possibly 1,114 units if it sold 20 the week before

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied

Album: The Immaculate Collection

iTunes:
    #3 Germany
    #7 United Kingdom
    #42 Italy
    #70 United States
    #78 Canada
    #161 Bermuda
    #169 Australia

Album: Bedtime Stories

iTunes:
    #3 Belize
    #8 Brazil
    #44 Cyprus
    #79 United States
    #146 Kazakhstan
    #174 Canada
    #1107 United Kingdom

Album: I Don't Search I Find

iTunes:
    #1 Italy
    #5 Spain
    #27 France
    #38 Bulgaria
    #40 United States
    #50 Canada
    #53 Germany
    #55 Brunei Darussalam
    #55 Greece
    #59 Australia
    #76 United Kingdom

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    Billboard Top 10 from 35 and 30 years ago:

May 11, 1985

01 02 Crazy For You - Madonna (1st and only week at #1)
    02 01 We Are The World - USA For Africa
    03 04 Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds
    04 03 Rhythm Of The Night - DeBarge
    05 05 One Night In Bangkok - Murray Head
    06 07 Some Like It Hot - The Power Station
    07 10 Smooth Operator - Sade
    08 11 Everything She Wants - Wham!
    09 06 Obsession - Animotion
    10 14 Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears

May 12, 1990

01 01 Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor (4th and final week at #1)
    02 04 Vogue - Madonna
    03 02 I Wanna Be Rich - Calloway
    04 05 All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You - Heart
    05 03 How Can We Be Lovers - Michael Bolton
    06 12 Hold On - Wilson Phillips
    07 14 Sending All My Love - Linear
    08 10 Alright - Janet Jackson
    09 09 What It Takes - Aerosmith
    10 18 Poison - Bell Biv DeVoe

Leave a comment:

• raindrops
    replied
    UK Mid-Week

49 (RE) The Immaculate Collection

iTunes:
    #7 United Kingdom (-1)

Apple Music:
    #356 United Kingdom (+5)

Leave a comment:

• upushme
    replied
    Spotify

Bedtime Stories

28.04.2020 42.087.615
    29.04.2020 42.126.955 +39.340
    30.04.2020 42.222.881 +95.926
    01.05.2020 42.309.665 +86.784
    02.05.2020 42.375.013 +65.348

Leave a comment:

• Shego
    replied
    BS has probably sell more than 2.5k worldwide, if not more. It sold 1k in US for being #1 for a day, it stills in top 20 for 4 days.

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    Originally posted by NoirPhoenix View Post
    So BS sold 1k in one day (April 30th) and also because that day the tracking week ended. While the movement has lost steam yesterday and today is still on top 20 and the streams went almost 25% up so maybe closing this upcoming week on May 7th, it can move around 1.2-1.5k and thus, showing on the Top Sales Chart, could that be enough to give us an updated sales number? The last data is from 2 years ago.
    Is the album still priced at $4.99?

Album sales, TEA and SEA are so minimal for BS that we really don't need a new sales number.

2 years ago, BS was selling 29 copies a week. 2 years X 29 copies a week equals just 3,000 copies + 1,000 copies from last week is just 4,000 albums.

I'm more interested in the SPS numbers for her older singles. Is Vogue eligible for 3xP/4xP or even 5xP?

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Album: Bedtime Stories
    iTunes:
    #21 United States (-12)
    #24 Canada (-16)
    #126 Australia (-90)
    #224 United Kingdom (-177)

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Album: The Immaculate Collection
    iTunes:
    #6 United Kingdom (+4)
    #7 Italy (-3)
    #51 Australia (+2)
    #55 United States (+23)
    #59 Canada (NE)
    #152 France (-111)
    #160 Germany (NE)

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Album: I Don't Search I Find
    iTunes:
    #1 Italy (=)
    #2 Hong Kong (+1)
    #2 Mexico (=)
    #3 Spain (-2)
    #5 Belgium (+1)
    #9 Canada (-3)
    #10 Netherlands (-7)
    ​​​​#11 United States (=)
    #11 France (-8)
    #14 United Kingdom (-7)
    #20 Germany (-15)
    #24 Australia (-14)
    #75 Switzerland (-64)

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Global Digital Artists Ranking: #43 (-13) 627 points

Worldwide iTunes Albums Chart: #174 (-80) American Life

Leave a comment:

• browlowkid
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilPray View Post

You mean the top 10 Spotify songs that everyone has in his/her Spotify page, or the top Spotify songs list that someone posts here every week about Madonna?

To aswer the firs part of the sentence, the top 10 Spotify songs are the the curreny 10 most played songs of each artist, i don't think Spotify has reveal if it's weekly of daily. If a song gets a boost it would probably rise in 2-3 days.
    it is updated daily, ranking the most streamed songs in past 28 days. So for example. The #1 song on her Spotify is the song that had biggest amount of streams in total in the past 28 days. I know this because I also have a music on Spotify and I have a Spotify for Artists app to track it

Leave a comment:

• NoirPhoenix
    replied
    So BS sold 1k in one day (April 30th) and also because that day the tracking week ended. While the movement has lost steam yesterday and today is still on top 20 and the streams went almost 25% up so maybe closing this upcoming week on May 7th, it can move around 1.2-1.5k and thus, showing on the Top Sales Chart, could that be enough to give us an updated sales number? The last data is from 2 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Shego
    replied
    Originally posted by music126 View Post
    Can someone explain again Madonna's top 10 songs on Spotify? Is it weekly or daily?
    You mean the top 10 Spotify songs that everyone has in his/her Spotify page, or the top Spotify songs list that someone posts here every week about Madonna?

To aswer the firs part of the sentence, the top 10 Spotify songs are the the curreny 10 most played songs of each artist, i don't think Spotify has reveal if it's weekly of daily. If a song gets a boost it would probably rise in 2-3 days.

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    UK Digital Album Charts

81 (95) 24 The Immaculate Collection

Leave a comment:

• upushme
    replied
    Spotify

Bedtime Stories

28.04.2020 42.087.615
    29.04.2020 42.126.955 +39.340
    30.04.2020 42.222.881 +95.926
    01.05.2020 42.309.665 +86.784

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    Originally posted by browlowkid View Post

I thought it was you who did not like the whole #JusticeForBedtimeStories movement that got her #1 ;)
    Eh. But, it gave us some charts to watch this week.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post

Can they still make the Top Album Sales chart though? Considering that pure sales now must be pretty dead
    We don't have figures from Billboard, but taking figures from the Rolling Stones chart as a reference...

Last week, Selena Gomez's Rare was #86 on Billboard Album Sales chart and it sold 1.2k pure sales according to figures on Rolling Stones Chart...
    1k copies for Post Malone at #87.
    Although they claim 1k sold for Halsey, which was a bit higher on Billboard Album Sales at #80...

#100 on Billboard Album Sales chart must be selling around 900-1,000 copies now.
    So maybe they could make the lower part of the chart.

Leave a comment:

• Enzolorenzo
    replied
    Originally posted by fridakahlo View Post
    [B]

E=MC2 debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart dated May 3, 2008. Bedtime Stories debuted and peaked at No. 3 (Nov. 12, 1994), and Control hit No. 1 on July 5, 1986. None of the albums are expected to re-enter next week’s Billboard 200 chart, despite their surge on the iTunes Store.

Can they still make the Top Album Sales chart though? Considering that pure sales now must be pretty dead

Leave a comment:

• browlowkid
    replied
    Madonna is about to have 5 albums inside iTunes top 100 albums chart. Did anyone ever achieve this? This is actually something!

United States

iTunes:
    987. Like a Prayer

iTunes Albums:
    9. Bedtime Stories
    11. I Don't Search I Find
    21. American Life
    87. Music
    119. The Immaculate Collection

Leave a comment:

• browlowkid
    replied
    Originally posted by thebigham View Post
    ^Excuse me, but I do not need you to tell me that I am being off topic. Look at the first sentence:
    "Celebrating my number one album on Itunes." This is direct from Madonna. It should be posted here.

Don't like it? Oh, well. Just move on. No need to comment.
    I thought it was you who did not like the whole #JusticeForBedtimeStories movement that got her #1 ;)

Leave a comment:

• fridakahlo
    replied
    How Did Older Albums by Madonna, Mariah Carey & Janet Jackson All See Sales Gains This Week - Keith Caulfield

A sale promotion in the iTunes Store lifted a number of older albums to sales increases, and fans took notice.

It might be the year 2020, but if you glanced at the U.S. iTunes Store’s Top Albums tally this past week, it’d be hard to tell what decade you were in.

Thanks to sale pricing and fan promotion, a trio of older albums by Mariah Carey, Madonna and Janet Jackson all jumped into the iTunes Store's always-updating Top Albums tally. On April 27 and 28, Carey’s 2008 album E=MC2 was No. 1 on the iTunes Store’s Top Albums tally, while Madonna’s 1994 set Bedtime Stories visited No. 1 on April 30. Meanwhile, Jackson’s 1986 album Control also visited the top 10 during the week -- and at one point, all three albums were together in the top 10.

According to initial sales reports to Nielsen Music/MRC Data, E=MC2 sold about 2,000 copies total across all retailers in the U.S. in the week ending April 30. About half of that sum was driven by digital sales on April 27, the day the album topped the iTunes tally. Traditionally, the album sells a negligible figure on a daily basis.

As for Bedtime Stories, it shifted a little over 1,000 copies for the week, while Controlsold just under 1,000. Again, the bulk of each album’s sales were driven by digital sales -- nearly 1,000 for Bedtime Stories on April 30 (the day it was No. 1 in the iTunes Store) and a little under, 1,000 for Control across three days (April 28-30). Like with E=MC2, both Bedtime Stories and Control generally sell a negligible figure on any normal day.

It doesn’t necessarily take a large number of sales to reach No. 1 on the iTunes Store’s Top Albums ranking, especially considering album sales have been on the decline for years, and it was a particularly soft week for new releases on April 24. The trio of albums were part of an iTunes Store promotion where more than 100 pop albums were discounted to $4.99 and advertised in a banner ad that appears at the top of the front page of the Store, directing consumers to “$4.99 Pop Albums at a Great Price.”

As generally happens with deeply discounted albums (most new titles sell for at least $9.99), they start to rise up the iTunes Store Top Albums list, since it reacts in real time to customers’ purchases. After that, fans of the divas took notice of the albums dotting the iTunes Store Top Albums list and began awareness campaigns on social media to drive attention to the albums. That promotion then helped engineer more sales for the albums, which brought them to the top 10 of the store. At that point, the albums got much wider attention, since the top 10 of the Top Albums list is visible on the front of the iTunes Store, and casual music fans likely saw the albums in the top 10 -- perhaps encouraging even more sales.

E=MC2 debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart dated May 3, 2008. Bedtime Stories debuted and peaked at No. 3 (Nov. 12, 1994), and Control hit No. 1 on July 5, 1986. None of the albums are expected to re-enter next week’s Billboard 200 chart, despite their surge on the iTunes Store.

Last edited by fridakahlo; Sat May 2, 2020, 04:19.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X