Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flotando
    replied
    Happy to see Bitch Im Madonna back on her top 10 most streamed songs on Spotify after awhile.

I think it's there for the first time since Carpool Karaoke.

Leave a comment:

• CandyShop
    replied
    Sad to see Frozen out of the top 10

Leave a comment:

• MusicLover88
    replied
    LaP being her most streamed song makes me happy <3

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post
    Here are the studio album streams:
    1 - Like a Virgin - 237,7kk
    2 - Rebel Heart - 185,3kk
    3 - Like a Prayer - 156,4kk
    4 - True Blue - 147,7kk
    5 - Hard Candy - 135,2kk
    6 - Confessions on a Dance Floor - 130,7kk
    7 - Madonna - 101,6kk
    8 - Ray of Light - 88,8kk
    9 - MDNA - 72,2kk
    10 - Music - 62,8kk
    11 - American Life - 37,6kk
    12 - Bedtime Stories - 35,5kk
    13 - Erotica - 25,2kk
    Her 3 best albums are last.

Leave a comment:

• UnapologeticKenny
    replied
    So, after this discussion I decided to track Madonna's numbers on Spotify. I merged the numbers from different albuns (Like a Prayer and its singles are spread in 3 albuns with different numbers of plays, so I put them all together to see the real popularity of each song and orginal album).

Here are the studio album streams:

1 - Like a Virgin - 237,7kk
    2 - Rebel Heart - 185,3kk
    3 - Like a Prayer - 156,4kk
    4 - True Blue - 147,7kk
    5 - Hard Candy - 135,2kk
    6 - Confessions on a Dance Floor - 130,7kk
    7 - Madonna - 101,6kk
    8 - Ray of Light - 88,8kk
    9 - MDNA - 72,2kk
    10 - Music - 62,8kk
    11 - American Life - 37,6kk
    12 - Bedtime Stories - 35,5kk
    13 - Erotica - 25,2kk

And her Top10 most popular songs:

1 - Like A Prayer - 118.2kk
    2 - Material Girl - 98,0kk
    3 - 4 Minutes - 97,2kk
    4 - Like A Virgin - 86,0kk
    5 - Vogue - 72,9kk
    6 - Hung Up - 71,3kk
    7 - La Isla Bonita - 66,3kk
    8 - Holiday - 51,7kk
    9 - Bitch I'm Madonna - 51,1
    10 - Into The Groove - 35,2kk

BONUS: Frozen - 32,0kk

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Album: Celebration

iTunes:
    #38 Italy (+114)

Album: The Immaculate Collection

iTunes:
    #83 United Kingdom (+38)

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    "Music" particularly is extremely low and quite forgotten.
    Streaming does not reflect how remembered song is.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Originally posted by Leomax View Post
    I do not understand why they get so upset when someone says that their streaming numbers are mediocre/bad, in some previous publications someone pointed out that it was wrong on youtube (which is true) and they said that it was not like that when, removing La Isla Bonita, only 2 videos barely manage to surpass 100k of daily visits according to kworb, that's something bad for someone who has so many hits.
    * 3 videos and more daily views overall than Whitney, Mariah and Celine.

No one is upset, you are ignoring the facts. Madonna missed 10 years of having proper youtube channel, and she still doesn't have one.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    I do not understand why they get so upset when someone says that their streaming numbers are mediocre/bad, in some previous publications someone pointed out that it was wrong on youtube (which is true) and they said that it was not like that when, removing La Isla Bonita, only 2 videos barely manage to surpass 100k of daily visits according to kworb, that's something bad for someone who has so many hits.
    Madonna obviously doesn't have much streaming presence, nobody is denying that. Go to Madonna thread and you'll see we talked about possible first week sales of her new album today and nobody is giving it huge streaming numbers in their predictions.

But to call her irrelevant and not respected and then tie that into low streams as if that's the reason. It's wholly wrong. 0 logic in that and highly delusional. Madonna's weakness in streaming comes from a whole another angle - her being an older artist whose fan base didn't adapt to streaming and she has trouble breaking through to younger music consumers who prefer streaming. It's not something exclusive to Madonna, but nearly all older acts.

Leave a comment:

• Leomax
    replied

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Wow Westen, I hope your food doesn't taste as bitter as some of your comments about Madonna.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Westen View Post
    You know all these facts you just want to point out how she's doing terrible.
    My observation was only towards ROL and "Music" tho . . . specially "Music", so don't make a big deal about it.

I do think some of her albums have quite decent streams considering her situation and all the stuff you listed. But "Music" particularly did shock me and I can't find a logical reason for it's low streams, IMO any album with a huge popular hit on it shouldn't have an issue reaching the 100m mark and take into consideration that 100m streams for an album is not really a major milestone anymore in this day and age, it's a reasonable moderate amount you expect from an album that had popular hits in a streaming world where we have albums reaching billions streams, it's not really that much of a wild thought to think an album can reach 100million streams.

In order for you to understand what I mean look at this

These were her 3 successful albums from the 2000s decade (2000-2009) as of December 21, 2018 (2,5 months ago):

Music (2000): 46,973,376
    Confessions On A Dance Floor (2005): 120,115,141
    Hard Candy (2008): 127,184,943

All had at least one major global hit ("Music", "Hung Up", "4 Minutes") but notice how distant "Music" is compared to the other two . . that's what I mean, "Music" particularly is extremely low and quite forgotten.

Also "Confessions" and "Hard Candy" streams fit well with her 80s numbers (as of the same date, Dec 21, 2018):

Like A Virgn (1984) - 179,717,886
    True Blue (1986) - 137,117,309
    Like A Prayer (1989) - 145,638,631

While the "Music" album on the other hand had just 11million more streams than "American Life" (album) . . .

Music (2000) - 46,973,376
    American Life (2003) - 35,462,764

let's be real Westen, "Music" (album) shouldn't be that close to "American Life" (album).

--

So it's not really about Madonna being relevant or not, it's just about the fact that there seems to be a terrible issue with the "Music" album.
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Wed March 6, 2019, 20:05.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Sorry but I didn't expect the "Music" (album) to having struggled so much to reach 50million streams on Spotify, it had a huge hit song ("Music") which was declared / considered the biggest hit of the entire 2000 year by Mediatraffic, the song was huge and topped nearly 20 charts around the world. To be honest "Music" was a bigger chart hit song back in 2000 than other huge tunes from that year such as Bon Jovi's "It's My Life" or Britney's "Oops I Did It Again". So nope, I wasn't expecting the streams for that album to be that low.

Also "Confessions" has streams on par with her 80s albums, which means that your argument about her Post-80s stuff not having a chance is not entirely true. "Confessions" managed to get as much streams as her 80s albums because her song "Hung Up" is remembered and streamed, something that for some reason didn't happen with the "Music" single.
    Madonna is irrelevant and not respected, simple as that. People who use Spotify are not going to search for Madonna song.
    She's not dead so her catalog is yet to receive push,and she also doesn't have Xmas classic that would push her number of listeners and generally catalog. On top of that she's just a pop act and let's not pretend like GP is dying for pop females.

She missed almost whole digital era, and she missed streaming era, failing to adapt to youtube era thanks to her channel and that only transferred to Spotify.

But her catalog is still spread better than Mariah's, Celine's or Whitney's who have very few top songs and then the difference between biggest ones and the rest is huge, at least Madonna's numbers are spread.

Don't compare her to Britney, Britney belongs to different era and her audience are still young adults, and don't compare her to rock artists. We've all seen numbers for hiphop and rock artists on Spotify.

You know all these facts you just want to point out how she's doing terrible.

Streaming is not refection of remembered classics, it's reflection of artists' current status and hype.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Oh wait, IRMA was only founded in 1999, I guess that explains. Sales of pre-1999 releases probably came after 1999
    I guess you read that on Wikipedia, but it was actually in 1989, not 1999.

As you can see here, on the official website for Irish charts and certs (not updated in years, unfortunately), in 1992 IRMA already existed.

http://www.irishcharts.ie/charts_his...ts_history.htm

Pre-1992 Irish charts were based on shipments to stores. Since 1992, on actual sales.

So that list is, probably, from 1992 onwards.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    There's nothing shocking about that, you're just trying to twist things as always. 80s catalog is her most remembered ones, 80s catalog is the one getting the biggest push on Spotify, and they only started playlisting her in 2017. I am following 80s playlists since 2015 and she was nowhere to be found before that.

Judging by the fact that US is the biggest consumer of Spotify, and 80s is her biggest decade, what did you expect?

I find this 'I am shocked by the fact that Madonna's singles and albums from her later years are not doing as her biggest albums and songs from her peak decade!!! Madonna is the only one!!11' rather transparent.
    Sorry but I didn't expect the "Music" (album) to having struggled so much to reach 50million streams on Spotify, it had a huge hit song ("Music") which was declared / considered the biggest hit of the entire 2000 year by Mediatraffic, the song was huge and topped nearly 20 charts around the world. To be honest "Music" was a bigger chart hit song back in 2000 than other huge tunes from that year such as Bon Jovi's "It's My Life" or Britney's "Oops I Did It Again". So nope, I wasn't expecting the streams for that album to be that low.

Also "Confessions" has streams on par with her 80s albums, which means that your argument about her Post-80s stuff not having a chance is not entirely true. "Confessions" managed to get as much streams as her 80s albums because her song "Hung Up" is remembered and streamed, something that for some reason didn't happen with the "Music" single.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Her streaming numbers are quite mediocre overall.

. . But it's clear that albums such as "Like A Virgin", "True Blue", "Like A Prayer" and "Confessions On A Dancefloor" are her among her best performers on Spotify, at least all of them have over 100million streams on Spotify which means the hit singles featured on those albums get played a lot and are relatively remembered.

But for "Music" and "Ray Of Light" the story is totally different, just a few months ago "Music" (album) had not even reached 50million streams yet which I find tragic considering how successful and acclaimed the album was, and it also goes to show that it's singles are largely forgotten these days despite featuring a massive #1 hit song ("Music") another Top 10 hit ("Don't Tell Me") and a huge global hit featured on international editions ("American Pie"). "Ray Of Light" (album) is doing a bit better but hasn't reached the 100million streams (I think).

I can understand why "Erotica", "Bedtime Stories" and "American Life" get low / tragic level streams . . . But out of all of her big successful albums ("Madonna", "LAV", "TB", "LAP", "ROL", "Music", "COADF") "Music" and "Ray Of Light" are performing the worst which I found really shocking.
    There's nothing shocking about that, you're just trying to twist things as always. 80s catalog is her most remembered ones, 80s catalog is the one getting the biggest push on Spotify, and they only started playlisting her in 2017. I am following 80s playlists since 2015 and she was nowhere to be found before that.

Judging by the fact that US is the biggest consumer of Spotify, and 80s is her biggest decade, what did you expect?

I find this 'I am shocked by the fact that Madonna's singles and albums from her later years are not doing as her biggest albums and songs from her peak decade!!! Madonna is the only one!!11' rather transparent.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    I think her spotify numbers are pretty bad (even worse than youtube) and I do not understand, she had quite a few hits in a not so distant past, maybe she still could not connect with the new generations, I hope that maluma and anitta help in that at least in latin america.
    Her streaming numbers are quite mediocre overall.

. . But it's clear that albums such as "Like A Virgin", "True Blue", "Like A Prayer" and "Confessions On A Dancefloor" are her among her best performers on Spotify, at least all of them have over 100million streams on Spotify which means the hit singles featured on those albums get played a lot and are relatively remembered.

But for "Music" and "Ray Of Light" the story is totally different, just a few months ago "Music" (album) had not even reached 50million streams yet which I find tragic considering how successful and acclaimed the album was, and it also goes to show that it's singles are largely forgotten these days despite featuring a massive #1 hit song ("Music") another Top 10 hit ("Don't Tell Me") and a huge global hit featured on international editions ("American Pie"). "Ray Of Light" (album) is doing a bit better but hasn't reached the 100million streams (I think).

I can understand why "Erotica", "Bedtime Stories" and "American Life" get low / tragic level streams . . . But out of all of her big successful albums ("Madonna", "LAV", "TB", "LAP", "ROL", "Music", "COADF") "Music" and "Ray Of Light" are performing the worst which I found really shocking.
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Wed March 6, 2019, 19:09.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Oh wait, IRMA was only founded in 1999, I guess that explains. Sales of pre-1999 releases probably came after 1999

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    It isn't. Tracy Chapman's album (#5 on the list) was released in 1988.
    And streaming obviously had impact on that since that remix few years ago gave her song life on Spotify.

Leave a comment:

• Leomax
    replied
    Cool. That certification was well deserved.

Anyways, I was checking the last update of her Spotify numbers and judging by what I saw I have to say that "Erotica", "Bedtime Stories" and "American Life" are largely forgotten by the public ("American Life" was expected tho).

But perhaps what suprised me the most was the terribly low streams for great acclaimed and successful albums such as "Ray Of Light" and "Music". That was painful to see considering those are IMO her finest records and I remember them being extremely popular back in the day.
    I think her spotify numbers are pretty bad (even worse than youtube) and I do not understand, she had quite a few hits in a not so distant past, maybe she still could not connect with the new generations, I hope that maluma and anitta help in that at least in latin america.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    And judging by the fact that TIC is the only pre-1994 album, time frame of this list is also questionable.
    It isn't. Tracy Chapman's album (#5 on the list) was released in 1988.

I do find a bit weird that not that many Pre-1995 albums are in the list tho, Streaming units probably added a lot of advantage to newer albums.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    It includes streaming numbers too:
    And judging by the fact that TIC is the only pre-1994 album, time frame of this list is also questionable.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    What is this list based on? Because it's sure not based on sales.
    It includes streaming numbers too:

and takes in physical and downloads sales plus album streams of female soloists or all-female groups.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    What is this list based on? Because it's sure not based on sales. For instance, TIC is not even certified in Ireland for some reason, and second, album charted for 800 weeks there, it can't be just at #22 while COADF is just 20 positions lower...

I wouldn't be surprised if these are only post 1994 sales since Madonna's 80s albums are missing. And we know that UK sales for pre-1994 are lost.

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...reland__25728/

The Top 50 biggest female artist albums of all time in Ireland

Other women with three albums in the Top 50 are Rihanna and Madonna

22. THE IMMACULATE COLLECTION MADONNA
    45. CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR MADONNA
    50. RAY OF LIGHT MADONNA

Leave a comment:

Working...
X