X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen charting in French Deezer is a victory

Comment

• ^Absolutely
      We've had so many good moments these past weeks but this last week in particular has been truly special.
      I can't even remember last time it felt this good .
      Really happy for her

Comment

• Madonna YouTube views for Saturday is on on track with over 3.2 million views so far. Let’s wait for the final result tmr. Wow ya!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wowsignal14 View Post
          Material Girl on Spotify (Album Version + TIC + Celebration)

2/12/2022 - 253,360,179 + 279,430 + 9.01%
          2/13/2022 - 253,638,000 +277,821 -0.58%
          2/14/2022 - 253,944,534 +306,534 +10.34%
          2/15/2022 - 254,262,592 +318,058 +3.76%
          2/16/2022 - 254,596,124 +333,532 +4.87%
          2/17/2022 - 254,950,296 +354,172 +6.19%

2/18/2022 - 255,346,200 +395,904 +11.78%

amazing update !!
          It will be surpassing Frozen’s daily updates in a day or two at this rate.
          It’s absolutely incredible to see her having 2 400k+ songs. Wow.

Comment

• according to kworb both LAV and MG are exprected to hit 100M the same day lol
            Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
            Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forreal View Post

So this implies she missed to reach 20 mil when MX came out, I m following Spotify only recently ……

and yes it’s amazing this boost without new music out: it shows how much of potential her catalogue has !!
              She reached +15 million listeners back then, but Spotify wasn't as big as it is today. She was the #161 most listened artist at the time, just to give some idea of how less popular the platform was as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shego View Post
                according to kworb both LAV and MG are exprected to hit 100M the same day lol
                Love it. She'll have 10 videos over 100M on YouTube

Comment

• Another day, another slay! "Material Girl MV" on Youtube with a new peak in views:

Most views in a day: 191,498 (2022/02/18)

Comment

• someone needs to make la isla bonita go viral on tiktok nnnnnnnm

Comment

someone needs to make la isla bonita go viral on tiktok nnnnnnnm
                      Lol, why, it already does very well.on it's own. I want something like Girl Gone Wild to go viral.

Comment

• The all time classics Papa Don’t Preach and Express Yourself deserve to be viral on social media

Comment

• France

iTunes:
                          15. Frozen

Shazam:
                          19. Frozen

Deezer:
                          92. Frozen

iTunes Albums:
                          37. Celebration
                          39. Confessions on a Dance Floor

Stan, Frenchies!

Comment

• Originally posted by cindycgy View Post
                            The all time classics Papa Don’t Breach and Express Yourself deserve to be viral on social media
                            Agree

Comment

Question is...will MG actually hit the mark first and earlier?

Comment

• Two comments on recent posts:

1) I thought UK certs were automatic? If so how can she be undercertified here?
                                2) The fact that Spotify playlists seem to control who or what is successful is leaving a bitter taste in my mouth...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimshakes View Post
                                  Two comments on recent posts:

1) I thought UK certs were automatic? If so how can she be undercertified here?
                                  2) The fact that Spotify playlists seem to control who or what is successful is leaving a bitter taste in my mouth...
                                  Automatic cert rules started in 2013, it doesn’t applies for her old albums.

Totally agree with u on second point, but at the end of the day, the same can be said about radio AirPlay system during the last 4 decades
                                  Last edited by Forreal; Sun February 20, 2022, 08:50.

Comment

• Does anyone know How many #1 singles Madonna has WW cause I’ve seen people say 200+ , but people on twitter deflate to make the Beatles look better , does anyone have a source ?

Comment

someone needs to make la isla bonita go viral on tiktok nnnnnnnm
                                      Agreed here

The song already do very good on its own ( especially on YT) but going viral will literally make explode it
                                      Last edited by Forreal; Sun February 20, 2022, 10:56.

Comment

MG will cross that mark first at this rate. And to think that the video was uploaded only 4 years ago vs LAV being on the channel since 12 years already
                                        Last edited by Forreal; Sun February 20, 2022, 10:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by BritneyMadonnastan View Post
                                          Does anyone know How many #1 singles Madonna has WW cause I’ve seen people say 200+ , but people on twitter deflate to make the Beatles look better , does anyone have a source ?
                                          I mean her wiki singles discography has over 170 #1s (inc. US Dance chart). Add on the fact we know Hung Up was #1 in 40 countries and that’ll take you over 200.
                                          Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Finnish Radio Airplay Chart:

50 re La Isla Bonita

Comment

• Originally posted by BritneyMadonnastan View Post
                                              Does anyone know How many #1 singles Madonna has WW cause I’ve seen people say 200+ , but people on twitter deflate to make the Beatles look better , does anyone have a source ?
                                              the most common number i've seen is 220-240 (don't remember the exact one), idk about the beatles tho, and idk how they count them or if they've counted each #1
                                              Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                                              Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forreal View Post

Automatic cert rules started in 2013, it doesn’t applies for her old albums.

Totally agree with u on second point, but at the end of the day, the same can be said about radio AirPlay system during the last 4 decades
                                                Ah, that makes sense, thanks!
                                                I see the point with regards to airplay but it's slightly different as it never directly affected the UK charts whereas a stream on a Spotify playlist does count towards a "sale" - not that there's anything they can do about this...

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

I mean her wiki singles discography has over 170 #1s (inc. US Dance chart). Add on the fact we know Hung Up was #1 in 40 countries and that’ll take you over 200.
                                                  People on Twitter are trolls.

Madonna is the artist with MOST #01s on Official Charts Worldwide - hope Warner picks that up to publish it all as official source or submit it to Guiness Records so they can certify that.

In All Countries Official Charts she also have the song that was #01 in Most Countries Official Charts as "Hung Up" was #01 in 41 countries.

Originally posted by Artoo View Post

That's #01s on US BILLBOARD, not WORLDWIDE #01's from all the countries in the world.
                                                  Madonna is also the artist with the Most #01's on ALL BIllboard Charts overall with over 170 #01's there (not sure how many exactly).

I don't know any place with the real statst to help you but she does have almost 300 #01's worldwide. I remember reading about she crossing the 200 mark in early 2000's so she definitely have over 200 #01 songs (Only the single "Hung Up" peaked #01 in 41 countries Official Charts worldwide according to Guiness but I only have info about who are 16 of those 41 countries!).

Many countries didn't have Official Charts when The Beatles were around so they have a lot less than Madonna. They have more #01's than Madonna is US and UK but Madonna does have more #01's than they have in many other countries (including Canada).

Madonna #01's in these half a dozen countries only make her cross the 125 mark:

Canada - 25
                                                  Italy - 25
                                                  Spain - 22
                                                  Switzerland - 21
                                                  UK - 13
                                                  US - 12
                                                  Australia - 10

Sure Madonna also have countries with just a few #01 Hits:

- In France Madonna only have had 3 #01 Hits (Despite being the International Artist with Most TOP 40 and TOP 100 Hits in France with 59 TOP 100 single entries - including being the most certified singles Artist in France with 18 certified singles).

- In Germany Madonna only have had 4 #01 Hit singles (despite being the Most Successful Artist on German Single Charts and also the one with Most TOP 40 Hits having 58 TOP 40 singles - 19 of them were TOP 5 Hits and 25 were TOP 10).

But in many other countries she also have had a lot #01 Hits as well (especially in Europe). I don't know all her #01's in every country but I do have some:

Austria - 3
                                                  Belgium - 6
                                                  Bulgary - 1
                                                  Czech Republic - 4
                                                  Costa Rica - 1
                                                  Croatia - 2
                                                  Cuba - 1
                                                  Denmark - 8
                                                  Finland - 16
                                                  Greece - 9
                                                  Honduras - 1
                                                  Hungary - 11
                                                  Iceland - 5
                                                  Ireland - 7
                                                  Japan - 4
                                                  Mexico - 2
                                                  Netherlands - 7
                                                  New Zealand - 5
                                                  Norway - 7
                                                  Romania - 2
                                                  Poland - 1
                                                  Portugal - 7
                                                  Romania - 4
                                                  Russia - 1 ("Masterpiece")
                                                  Sweeden - 6
                                                  Uruguay - 1
                                                  Turkey - 2

That's another 124 #01 Hits Madonna have had.
                                                  So 125 + 124 = 249 #01 hits at least + another 25 countries where "Hung Up" was #01 that I don't know what are.
                                                  Madonna have at least 274 #01s worldwide on Official Country Charts but much probably she does have over well 300 #01s on Official Charts Worldwide as many country don't have their info available online (especially from 80's and 90's).

All these #01's I put there are also on her Wikipedia song pages with respective sources for each one of them (plus those "Hung Up" #01s according to Guiness Records) - for that you have many entries stating that.

https://www.milenio.com/espectaculos...ess-de-madonna

There are more countries in the World Official Charts. Just like The Beatles also Madonna missed lot's of Hits from some countries official charts (In Portugal, where I live, the singles chart stopped being made from 1993 until 2000 she certainly missed a few TOP 10's and #01s here). There are some countries that only have had an official in the 90's or later so Madonna have less Hits and #01's on those countries as well.

Also not sure if I have all #01's from some of those countries (like Costa Rica, Honduras, Mexico, Uruguay, Romania, Bulgary, Turkey or Russia among others) but at least these much #01's I'm sure Madonna have had in those countries.

People be free to add more #01's to these countries if you know she add more (or add other countries to the mix).

Madonna is also #01 Most Successful Artist on Global Charts (ahead of Elvis Presley and The Beatles). For that I have a link:

http://www.mediatraffic.de/top-track-achievements.htm

Comment

• Spotify UK - Daily Artists Chart

#187. Madonna (RE) [Peak: #136; 5 Days on Chart]

YES

Comment

Working...
                                                    X