X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bojan
    replied
    Originally posted by CandyShop
    And as I said he underestimate almost all the big divas.....That been said, his works remain for me the best u can find among chart amateurs. That’s all.
    How when it becomes clearer and clearer our estimates were better? Consensus as a result of collaborative work is always better and less biased.

He underestimate most of divas sales..... Madonna included.

That doesn’t take away value to his works, which is to me, absolutely phenomenal.
    Of course, it does, We have 1,845,749 copies sold of the songs mentioned above in America, he comes with global sales of 1,350,000 and you still think he's doing a good job? That's nearly 500,000 copies sold less globally than in the U.S. alone - and we are talking only about several songs. It would be pretty bad even if we were comparing global sales instead of U.S. sales with global sales.

Obviously, only because he explains it in detail it doesn't mean it's the fact nor that his estimates are correct. If he can't estimate sales in a digital age correctly, imagine how wrong he could be about those earlier times when everything was less clear and not so well documented. He does underestimate (or overestimate) the overall sales by millions.

I always thought that he's too confident and too precise to be taken seriously and I was right. Question everything.

Leave a comment:

• CandyShop
    replied
    Those Janet sales doesn’t take away nothing to my point..... there’s not even that big discrepancy in those number.....some of them are also overestimated: estimation can never be 100% correct!!

And as I said he underestimate almost all the big divas.....That been said, his works remain for me the best u can find among chart amateurs. That’s all.

Leave a comment:

• lovedeluxe
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    No Janet in this thread please.

Thanks
    He's just proving that ChartMasters is wrong. So stop treating this person like it's he's right. He was wrong about A LOT!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix

Thanks
    He's providing a specific example which draws comparison, and doing absolutely nothing wrong - he can continue.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• CandyShop
    replied
    He underestimate most of divas sales..... Madonna included.

That doesn’t take away value to his works, which is to me, absolutely phenomenal.

Leave a comment:

• Bojan
    replied
    Originally posted by madboy1
    37 for true blue its not sales. He uses own method, nobody uses this. Its only him.

Single sales ww very low.

But bring estimates per country very interesting. Many hard to found this. Its a big work.
    It really is a big work!!

He’s so educated, I’ve been through his website, and u can see every estimation explained in every detail, he really knows what he’s talking about; than u see people questioning his works for a particular album admitting a minute later they are not even aware what they’re talking about!!

I’d really like to see those people always pointing their finger, showing their own estimations, see their own work, and not only a bla bla bla!!
    I don't know Madonna's sales, neither his estimates nor the real ones, so I can't give you an example using her songs, but if he's underestimating digital sales so much, imagine how wrong he could be about those earlier, less documented sales?

Here are just a few examples.

Originally posted by Bojan
    Sales in the U.S. (Nielsen Music) / Worldwide sales ("ChartMasters" guy)

“Rhythm Nation,” 238,742 / 250,000
    “When I Think of You,” 230,118 / 200,000
    “All Nite (Don’t Stop),” 218,916 / 250,000
    “Love Will Never Do (Without You),” 207,479 / 150,000
    “Black Cat,” 151,309 / 100,000
    “Control,” 141,991 / 125,000
    “The Pleasure Principle,” 128,459 / 125,000
    “Come Back to Me,” 109,210 / 100,000
    “Runaway,” 256,666 / Remaining tracks (this includes "Runaway," "Diamonds," Make Me," "The Best Things In Life Are Free," "Twenty Foreplay," "Girlfriend/Boyfriend" etc.) 300,000
    "BurnitUp!," 78,935 / Remaining tracks from "Unbreakable" including "BurnitUp!" – 50,000
    Of course, you can find some dumb comments there coming from people that have no idea what they're talking about, but he's obviously underestimating and overestimating, depending on his preference probably.

Leave a comment:

• CandyShop
    replied
    Originally posted by madboy1
    37 for true blue its not sales. He uses own method, nobody uses this. Its only him.

But bring estimates per country very interesting. Many hard to found this. Its a big work.
    It really is a big work!!

He’s so educated, I’ve been through his website, and u can see every estimation explained in every detail, he really knows what he’s talking about; than u see people questioning his works for a particular album admitting a minute later they are not even aware what they’re talking about!!

I’d really like to see those people always pointing their finger, showing their own estimations, see their own work, and not only a bla bla bla!!

Leave a comment:

• madboy1
    replied
    Re: Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Leave a comment:

• lovedeluxe
    replied
    Originally posted by wave
    Originally posted by thebigham
    Originally posted by lovedeluxe
    Is Chartmasters an official source?
    Just a guy obsessed with sales figures. He's good, but has some under and over estimated sales.

The last time he was banned here, he was arguing with me that TIC was out of print in the USA. I kept seeing copies on the shelves at Walmart and he couldn't handle it.
    He hasn't really left, if you look closer (just the last two days and you'll see him).

He does it all the time, no matter what forum he's on, it's totally up and down with the same albums. Basically just to get a reaction and more hits to his own site.
    People should just stop using his site. We can all do our estimates but it doesn't make it fact (or make his RIGHT).

I keep seeing this website everywhere as the source. I don't get why.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    You don't even need to go into stores. Just check online and Cds and Vinyl of TIC are readily available. Of course it's not out of print.

Leave a comment:

• lovedeluxe
    replied
    Just a guy obsessed with sales figures. He's good, but has some under and over estimated sales.

The last time he was banned here, he was arguing with me that TIC was out of print in the USA. I kept seeing copies on the shelves at Walmart and he couldn't handle it.
    It's definitely not out of print. It's her best catalog seller.

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Album: The Immaculate Collection

iTunes:
    #75 United Kingdom (+41)

Leave a comment:

• wave
    replied

He hasn't really left, if you look closer (just the last two days and you'll see him).

He does it all the time, no matter what forum he's on, it's totally up and down with the same albums. Basically just to get a reaction and more hits to his own site.

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    It's not only about certifications.
    He doesn't include stream sales equivalent to compilations totals but to their respective parent album.

Leave a comment:

• lovedeluxe
    replied

37 million seems a little high, but I haven't followed her certification's for this album outside of the US.

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Just estimates I believe

What is their method?
    They estimate almost 37,000,000 WW for "True Blue" with streaming data included.

TB earned a little more than 150k from EAS and year-to-date 1,622 (digital + physical)

I know it's x7p in the US but it sold 30 million outside of the US? I don't know all of the certs for this album though.

https://chartmasters.org/2017/10/cspc-m ... lector/17/
    They explain what their method is in details and last issued certs is not a good measure for album's total sales anywhere ,especially old albums, but I'm100% sure you know that. True Blue last cert in the IS is from 1995,for example.

Leave a comment:

• lovedeluxe
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Just estimates I believe
    What is their method? They estimate almost 37,000,000 WW for "True Blue" with streaming data included.

TB earned a little more than 150k from EAS and year-to-date 1,622 (digital + physical)

I know it's x7p in the US but it sold 30 million outside of the US? I don't know all of the certs for this album though.

https://chartmasters.org/2017/10/cspc-m ... lector/17/

Leave a comment:

• MadonnaRules
    replied
    Originally posted by BodyShop
    Imo,there's absolutely no way that Vogue has sold less than both La Isla Bonita and Into The Groove. It's a double platinum(2 million) single in the US alone. Plus the fact that it smashed hard all over the globe.
    and Music has sold 1,2 million in the US alone

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    Originally posted by jjavier1978
    Best Selling Singles in Physical Sales WW

Like A Virgin 4,360,000

Papa Don't Preach 3,280,000

La Isla Bonita 3,190,000

Into The Groove 3,010,000

Best-Selling Singles in Digital Sales WW

4 Minutes 5,050,000

Hung Up 3,200,000

Give Me All Your Luvin 1,525,000

https://chartmasters.org
    Imo,there's absolutely no way that Vogue has sold less than both La Isla Bonita and Into The Groove. It's a double platinum(2 million) single in the US alone. Plus the fact that it smashed hard all over the globe.
    The total for Hung Up also looks too small and even 4 Minutes,as it's sold around 3.1 million in the US alone.

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Just estimates I believe

Leave a comment:

• lovedeluxe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Best Selling Singles in Physical Sales WW

Like A Virgin 4,360,000

Papa Don't Preach 3,280,000

La Isla Bonita 3,190,000

Into The Groove 3,010,000

Best-Selling Singles in Digital Sales WW

4 Minutes 5,050,000

Hung Up 3,200,000

Give Me All Your Luvin 1,525,000

https://chartmasters.org

Leave a comment:

• MadonnaRules
    replied
    Originally posted by jjavier1978
    The Best Selling singles so far in the USA are Vogue, Hung Up, Like A Prayer and 4 Minutes ?
    Like a Virgin, Material Girl, Express Yourself, Take a Bow, Frozen and Music sold a lot as well

Leave a comment:

Working...
X