Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The top ten already accounted for 1.9 million streams

Last edited by cindycgy; Sat March 26, 2022, 20:55.

Comment

• Her numbers are great at the moment, but I’m going to be the voice of reason and ask why happens when Frozen Remix and Material Girl viral moment ends?

Hopefully she has something in her back pocket because in a streaming world, consistency is how you keep your numbers up. Hopefully the remix album (if it is an album) will do just that.
      Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• Originally posted by cindycgy View Post

21,543,431. (+53,367) new peak again

Note: some fans here are never happy. Madonna’s YouTube views and streams this year are doing great and better than other legacy local singers. And yet you still complain.
        IKR!? Madonna fans are never satisfied especially the older ones "ShE nEEds tO work WiTh pAT LeWhatever AgAIn" Stuck in the past.

Comment

• On the issue of fans never being happy, everyone here knows it’s been a tough old decade. The Interscope years musically weren’t brilliant and most fans would rank her last three albums as her worst. That includes users here.

Thankfully I love MDNA and think Madame X is genius. But I understand why people don’t like them and we have to acknowledge that the quality of Madonna’s output has been inconsistent.
          Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
            Her numbers are great at the moment, but I’m going to be the voice of reason and ask why happens when Frozen Remix and Material Girl viral moment ends?

Hopefully she has something in her back pocket because in a streaming world, consistency is how you keep your numbers up. Hopefully the remix album (if it is an album) will do just that.
            Her streams will explode like a volcano when the 50’s remix is released. Warner and Madonna has a major plan coming out later this year in Q3 I suspect

Comment

• Originally posted by cindycgy View Post

Her streams will explode like a volcano when the 50’s remix is released. Warner and Madonna has a major plan coming out later this year in Q3 I suspect
              I love your optimism but I will point out that most people don’t listen to remixes. Frozen Remix is popular because it’s basically a new song to a new generation that don’t know Frozen. But her actual remix streaming figures on Spotify aren’t huge - and we know she’s using older remixes (though potentially some new ones too).

But Madonna did tease in her last Instagram live that she has an unannounced music project coming, in addition to the remix project and whatever Swae Lee was recording. So exciting times ahead regardless!
              Exsqueeze me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

I love your optimism but I will point out that most people don’t listen to remixes. Frozen Remix is popular because it’s basically a new song to a new generation that don’t know Frozen. But her actual remix streaming figures on Spotify aren’t huge - and we know she’s using older remixes (though potentially some new ones too).

But Madonna did tease in her last Instagram live that she has an unannounced music project coming, in addition to the remix project and whatever Swae Lee was recording. So exciting times ahead regardless!
                It will work if being marketed properly by the label company (willing to spend money that is). If Frozen remix has done wonders, why can’t other remixes?
                Last edited by cindycgy; Sat March 26, 2022, 23:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavieX View Post

IKR!? Madonna fans are never satisfied especially the older ones "ShE nEEds tO work WiTh pAT LeWhatever AgAIn" Stuck in the past.
                  I'm Madonna's fan since 1998. I'm not like that. These are the reductive fans

Comment

• Spotify 25.03.2022

American Pie - Richard Humpty Vission Radio Mix 3,661 +481
                    American Pie - Richard Humpty Vission Visits Madonna 1,883 +251
                    American Pie - Victor Calderone Extended Vocal Club Mix 1,365 +182
                    American Pie - Victor Calderone Filter Dub Mix 0 (less than 1,000)
                    American Pie - Victor Calderone Vocal Club Mix 2,427 +338
                    American Pie - Victor Calderone Vocal Dub Mix 1,041 ~+42

Not so viral

Comment

• Madame X on Spotify

25.03.2022 197.465.009 +69.563

Comment

• wasnt madame doing 50k usually?
                        Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                        Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• ​^^

Anitta's new viral hit is bringing new traction for Faz Gostoso (probably through her "This Is Anitta" playlist). It received 23,323 plays yesterday, the biggest track from MX (it used to average around 10,000 streams a day)! ​

Comment

• 4 Million views!

Comment

• why she had no viral songs forever and suddenly she gets more and more i-
                              Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                              Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Azedine View Post
                                Material Girl cover appear in netflix Bridgerton Season 2
                                Madonna’s ‘Material Girl’, covered by Kris Bowers

hope it gives a song some boost
                                Unfortunately it's not going to help. It was used in Episode 2 and is only a reworked instrumental.

Comment

• So it looks like if the new "Frozen remix" video is out next "Thursday" (not saying it will... probably only the following week or something) the one before will already crossed 5 million by then!
                                  This is great! Wasn't expecting the video to do so well on YouTube!

It is not a big smash but compared to her "Madame X" era videos is doing way better than most did. If the "Frozen remix" momentum can keep up another month then this video will cross 10 million before "God Control".

Comment

• Originally posted by Shego View Post
                                    why she had no viral songs forever and suddenly she gets more and more i-
                                    I think Warner is doing something. She didnt have that support before.

Comment

• Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• On the first page
                                        69) HUNG UP:
                                        - UK:
                                        635.000 (P) [+610.000 Confirmed Sales]
                                        - France: 620.000 (G) [+565.000 Confirmed Sales]
                                        - Germany: 470.000 (3xG)
                                        - Netherlands: 25.000
                                        - Italy: 185.000
                                        - Austria: 15.000 (G)
                                        - Switzerland: 20.000 (P)
                                        - Belgium: 50.000 (G)
                                        - Sweden: 60.000 (3xP)
                                        - Denmark: 25.000
                                        - Greece: 10.000 (G)
                                        - Cyprus: 10.000
                                        >> Europe: ~2.345.000

I want to know the format of sales in UK/FRANCE/GERMANY ,physical or Digital?

Comment

• Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
                                          She directed many of Madge’s videos including borderline , like a Virgin , MG, LIB, LAP
                                          Does she own the masters?
                                          I’m so excited

Comment

• Originally posted by LoveMariah View Post
                                            On the first page
                                            69) HUNG UP:
                                            - UK:

It's over 900K in UK now, should hit 1M in a few years.

Comment

• Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

On the first page
                                                69) HUNG UP:
                                                - UK:

I think it was mainly physical.

In the USA, it was mostly digital.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
                                                  Vogue has reached 20k views per day on YouTube. It's a shame But it'll hit 150M in few weeks.

Comment

On the first page
                                                    69) HUNG UP:
                                                    - UK:

Those are the 2005 (probably also 2006) pure sales numbers mostly based on certification (I guess).

As 2005 in Europe over 90% of the single sales were physical so were also "Hung Up" sales.
                                                    Not sure of the correct number as I don't think it was ever undisclosed and it's hard to find.

In November 2021 "Hung Up" was at 904k SPS according to an UK Official Charts article (and it seems to be getting around 2.5k a week in UK so it will reach 1 million soon during 2022).
                                                    Last edited by MadNuno; Sun March 27, 2022, 15:42.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X