X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shego
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post

oh well, I bet that, had madonna released MX in the middle of a pandemic, she would’ve been lucky to sell 5k (considering that most of her sales were physical).
    Really, why these comparisons?
    The Weeknd sold 400k+ the first week during the pandemic, Dua's sales wouldn't have been much higher considering she'a a streaming artist and 40 years younger. I like her but she's not a big seller yet. Also, her mentioning months ago that she was inspired by Madonna, doesn't mean it boosted Hung Up or Confessions on a Dance Floor. I don't even remember her saying which album/era she was inspired from. Like a Prayer got boosted on Youtube too, her videography got boosted and it happens from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    I was living in NYC in the year 2000. American Pie was a non-event there.

Lots of big sellers Europe performed badly in the USA.
    Last edited by thebigham; Thu April 16, 2020, 15:25.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Originally posted by thebigham View Post
    ^Definitely BS. I'm not sure about AP.
    AP would be a certainty. It reached #29 based on airplay only. It was more than a good seller in the rest of the world, so there's no reason to think it wouldn't sell at least moderately in the USA, which is all that would be needed to push it Top 10.

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    ^Definitely BS. I'm not sure about AP.

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    Originally posted by thebigham View Post
    It should have 40 Top 10s with Into The Groove and The Power of Goodbye.
    Plus Beautiful Stranger and American Pie. Those two would also have reached top 10 without an inch of doubt,had physical copies been issued for them back then.

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    It should have 40 Top 10s with Into The Groove and The Power of Goodbye.

Leave a comment:

• Shadowplay
    replied
    Originally posted by fox69 View Post
    Just read that Drake is now one song away from tying Madonna's long standing record of having the most number of Billboard Top 10 songs. Feeling sad. I hope he will not break her other record..50 #1s in any Billboard chart.
    One thing is to have 38 top10 singles, another thing is to have 38 top10 random songs, tbh.
    This kind of records lost their credibility when album tracks were allowed to chart, in the download era, imho.
    I mean, we can’t really compare physical era (with singles prevented from charting because airplay only was not enough, and a physical support was needed) with physical + airplay, with downloads, and with streaming... only because the chart did not change its name.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post

oh well, I bet that, had madonna released MX in the middle of a pandemic, she would’ve been lucky to sell 5k (considering that most of her sales were physical).
    Obviously ... specially when most of it came from ticket bundles she would have likely had to cancel the tour (which means no tickets bundles), with companies closed and refusing to ship at the moment there wouldn’t be a way to buy physical copies either and without streaming on her side to rely solely on that it’s only logical to conclude that MX would have pulled disastrous numbers had she released her album right now like Dua Lipa did.

Leave a comment:

• Shadowplay
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilPray View Post

her album sold less the first week than MX

Leave a comment:

• Angeman
    replied
    3 weeks later and Im Going to Tell You a Secret is still removed from Spotify. They really just refuse to let us have our cake and eat it to.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilPray View Post

What was the buzz and impact of Medellin besides one performance and few IG posts?
    A lead single will (in most cases - specially for veteran artists) have more buzz and hype than a 3rd single and in Madonna’s case in particular that’s been a pattern for years now...

... a 3rd single generally doesn’t get as much instant hype and buzz than a lead single (this doesn’t have to be confused with outperforming) a 3rd or 4th single might end up outdoing the previous singles but requires a more progressive and gradual performance over time in order to do so without necessarily having the first weeks high numbers and attention instant effect the lead single benefits from.

In plenty occasions the lead single will have it easier to peak high and in many eras (not all of course) remains as the most impactful single from the album hardly matched by the subsequent singles. occasions where second or 3rd singles have done better happen but that’s the minority of cases and no what’s usual. A Lead single will mostly have advantage over the other singles.

Leave a comment:

• Shego
    replied
    Originally posted by britneyliam View Post
    Madonna - Take A Bow 19,883,497 Views on Youtube

Even Lower than You'll See
    Can anyone explain this?
    Year Views
    2009 ~20,000
    2010 ~700,000
    2011 ~650,000
    2012 ~590,000
    2013 ~500,000
    2014 ~920,000
    2015 ~1,230,000
    2016 ~1,420,000
    2017 ~3,400,000
    2018 ~4,100,000
    2019 ~4,500,000
    2020 ~1,690,000 YTD
    Used to be a fan upload version or blocked in some coutries?
    Cause it was blocked and since it got unblocked it's rising. On Spotify it's bigger than You'll See by far.

Leave a comment:

• Shego
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Not really. BIM was released when streaming wasn’t as big as it is today while “Medellin” was released at the height and peak of the streaming era. It’s very normal and nothing extraordinary that recent songs pull higher numbers than older songs with more ease, actually the fact that “Medellin” hasn’t surpassed BIM’s streams on Spotify is quite a bad indicator. Also, let’s not forget that “Medellin” was a LEAD single and featured latin sensation Maluma ... while BIM was a 3rd single without all the hype, buzz and impact of a lead single.
    What was the buzz and impact of Medellin besides one performance and few IG posts?

Leave a comment:

• Shego
    replied
    Originally posted by flotando View Post

Hung Up is on its way to be her #1 song on her Spotify page and I also think Dua Lipa has something to do with it.
    her album sold less the first week than MX

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied

Album: The Immaculate Collection

iTunes:
    #61 United Kingdom (-1)
    #65 Australia (+64)

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by beredy View Post

It's also not helpful that they basically ignored YT as means of promotion for so long. WB had bad quality uploads, they let fan uploads (ironically enough often in higher quality than the official ones) steal views for years before they asked to have them taken down. She still has some videos in 240p quality on her channel. I mean 240p in 2020. That's not even old TV resolution from back when those videos were released. Now that she has a channel things are a bit better, but there's lots they can do to improve her numbers.
    Yeah her channel management hasn’t helped either.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied

What simply happens is that the entire “Bedtime Stories” era is forgotten outside of her fanbase.
    It's also not helpful that they basically ignored YT as means of promotion for so long. WB had bad quality uploads, they let fan uploads (ironically enough often in higher quality than the official ones) steal views for years before they asked to have them taken down. She still has some videos in 240p quality on her channel. I mean 240p in 2020. That's not even old TV resolution from back when those videos were released. Now that she has a channel things are a bit better, but there's lots they can do to improve her numbers.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by britneyliam View Post

Can anyone explain this?
    Year Views
    2009 ~20,000
    2010 ~700,000
    2011 ~650,000
    2012 ~590,000
    2013 ~500,000
    2014 ~920,000
    2015 ~1,230,000
    2016 ~1,420,000
    2017 ~3,400,000
    2018 ~4,100,000
    2019 ~4,500,000
    2020 ~1,690,000 YTD
    What simply happens is that the entire “Bedtime Stories” era is forgotten outside of her fanbase.

Leave a comment:

• britneyliam
    replied
    Madonna YouTube Statistics
    Total views: 3,094,786,244
    Incl. features: 3,129,986,244
    Current daily avg: 2,519,265
    Strong Current Daily views

If she had a VEVO CHANNEL on Youtube which featured all the Classic Music Videos since 2009, now it would have reached 4 billion views on Youtube.

Because A Lot Of Fan uploaded vids which already got millions of views were delected by WBM

La isla Bonita From QueenMadonnaHd reached 80 million views before delected in 2018
    Last edited by britneyliam; Wed April 15, 2020, 14:51.

Leave a comment:

• britneyliam
    replied

Can anyone explain this?
    Year Views
    2009 ~20,000
    2010 ~700,000
    2011 ~650,000
    2012 ~590,000
    2013 ~500,000
    2014 ~920,000
    2015 ~1,230,000
    2016 ~1,420,000
    2017 ~3,400,000
    2018 ~4,100,000
    2019 ~4,500,000
    2020 ~1,690,000 YTD
    Last edited by britneyliam; Wed April 15, 2020, 14:35.

Leave a comment:

• madfan13
    replied
    Originally posted by melodious View Post

After reading this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...d_achievements, I'm totally amazed by the number of chart records this woman has. Her achievements spread across the globe, here are some of the key records:

US (top Hot 100 solo artist of all time)
    Australia (most #1 singles by a female, and most #1 albums by a female)
    Canada (most #1 singles by any act!)
    Germany (most #1 albums by a female artist)
    Italy (most #1 singles by a female)
    Japan (most top ten albums by any foreign artist)
    Spain (most #1 singles by a female)
    UK (most #1 singles by a female, and most #1 albums by a female)

If only Brazil had an official charts in the eighties, should would have definitely broke records there as well.
    What a career!
    Yes, truly amazing! Still gutted that Drake seems to break records like it's nothing. Says a lot about Billboard's chart rules, and how much they have changed. Back in the day, both, labels and Billboard were very strict on what was allowed to chart (limiting songs on the main hot 100 to actual single physical releases, etc.), now basically any song on album charts. Imagine if all of Madonna's tracks had charted back in the day, somehow. Even "Jimmy, Jimmy" would've made a chart appearance LOL
    Last edited by madfan13; Wed April 15, 2020, 11:38.

Leave a comment:

• britneyliam
    replied
    MDNA (Deluxe Version) Spotify 17 Tracks
    Girl Gone Wild 26,434,383
    Gang Bang 4,877,114
    I’m Addicted 3,069,932
    Turn Up the Radio 4,222,669
    Give Me All Your Luvin' 23,021,534
    Some Girls 2,145,106
    Superstar 1,985,335
    I Don’t Give A 2,900,935
    I’m A Sinner 1,776,731
    Love Spent 2,185,277
    Masterpiece 5,350,198
    Falling Free 1,696,705
    Beautiful Killer 1,895,235
    I ****ed Up 1,245,426
    B-Day Song 2,696,116
    Best Friend 1,193,820
    Give Me All Your Luvin' - Party Rock Remix 10,794,159
    Total 97,490,675

MDNA (Deluxe Version) will reach 100 million streams about 10 weeks later!

First Female Artist who has 11 albums reached
    100 million streams on Spotify

Last edited by britneyliam; Wed April 15, 2020, 08:39.

Leave a comment:

• melodious
    replied
    Originally posted by fox69 View Post
    Just read that Drake is now one song away from tying Madonna's long standing record of having the most number of Billboard Top 10 songs. Feeling sad. I hope he will not break her other record..50 #1s in any Billboard chart.
    After reading this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...d_achievements, I'm totally amazed by the number of chart records this woman has. Her achievements spread across the globe, here are some of the key records:

US (top Hot 100 solo artist of all time)
    Australia (most #1 singles by a female, and most #1 albums by a female)
    Canada (most #1 singles by any act!)
    Germany (most #1 albums by a female artist)
    Italy (most #1 singles by a female)
    Japan (most top ten albums by any foreign artist)
    Spain (most #1 singles by a female)
    UK (most #1 singles by a female, and most #1 albums by a female)

If only Brazil had an official charts in the eighties, should would have definitely broke records there as well.
    What a career!
    Last edited by melodious; Wed April 15, 2020, 06:15.

Leave a comment:

• melodious
    replied
    Billboard Top Touring Artist of the Decade (2010s):
    (rank 1-6 is still unrevealed)
    Beyonce (#7)
    P!nk (#12)
    Lady Gaga (#17)
    Madonna (#20)
    Celine Dion (#21)
    Rihanna (#38)
    Katy Perry (#40)
    Cher (#44)
    Britney Spears (#47)

I guess Taylor Swift was the top touring female of the 2010s decade. Madonna was the top female for the 2000s decade (behind only The Rolling Stones and U2). If only Madame X Tour had been an arena/stadium tour, she would have ranked much higher.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied

Look, this is a Madonna general chart thread and just because I’m siding or defending or giving more credit to “Rebel Heart” singles considering their condition doesn’t mean that I’m against Madonna. It just means that i respect RH singles streaming stats a bit more than MX’ that’s all. Don’t take it that personal, there’s no reason to feel anger.
    Real arguments and examples are anger to you?

You can respect RH streams without skewing things though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X