Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88marcus88
    replied
    Remixed & Revisited now only 400k... 100k less.

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    79,330,000 albums sold in Europe

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by borderwolf
    CSPC: Madonna Popularity Analysis

MJDangerous wrote:
    "The Queen of Pop. Madonna is widely recognized as the biggest female star of all-time."

"No one can seriously doubt Madonna‘s popularity, just like no one can seriously argue against the fact she is the best selling female artist of all-time."

Updated analysis at
    http://chartmasters.org/2017/08/cspc-ma ... nalysis-2/
    The headline here is that he's reduced her CSPC total by 3m to 241m - he claims...

Her small drop of 3m is almost exclusively due to physical singles! Since the last article, especially while working on Spice Girls article, new formulas have been set to replace estimates by calculations which factor in market size. That market appeared to be nearly non-existent outside of the already known countries since the end of the LP era.

Her streams are low so the new plays do not fully afford the less favourable formula that extrapolated the full market from Spotify. This change is very minor though.

Leave a comment:

• borderwolf
    replied
    CSPC: Madonna Popularity Analysis

MJDangerous wrote:
    "The Queen of Pop. Madonna is widely recognized as the biggest female star of all-time."

"No one can seriously doubt Madonna‘s popularity, just like no one can seriously argue against the fact she is the best selling female artist of all-time."

Updated analysis at
    http://chartmasters.org/2017/08/cspc-ma ... nalysis-2/

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Talking about her certification in UK is pointless since rules changed few times and certifications were lowered in 1989.

On top of that OOC changed figures for some of her singles over the years from 50k to even 100k or even more (Erotica, TUTBMP)

Leave a comment:

• Shadowplay
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Originally posted by Shadowplay
    ^Is it safe ro say that all of them is at least silver eligible (if not already certified)? TUTBMP should be silver, MATM sold more than 200k, I've got doubts about only Rain and GI2M...
    In terms of pure sales not all of them are eligible for Silver, who knows after adding the streaming units.

I don't know where you got that MATM info that it sold more than 200K units, it barely sold like 150K (pure sales) in UK and its not even among Britney's Top 20 hits in UK, so I guess the songs ranked from 35-40 have similar sales.
    Ehmmmmm... I believed in Wiki........... sorry about that

EDIT: they provide this link as a source, but it seems all but reliable (despite coming from mtv):
    https://web.archive.org/web/20101010185 ... ial-top-40

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadowplay
    ^Is it safe ro say that all of them is at least silver eligible (if not already certified)? TUTBMP should be silver, MATM sold more than 200k, I've got doubts about only Rain and GI2M...
    In terms of pure sales not all of them are eligible for Silver, who knows after adding the streaming units.

I don't know where you got that MATM info that it sold more than 200K units, it barely sold like 150K (pure sales) in UK and its not even among Britney's Top 20 hits in UK, so I guess the songs ranked from 35-40 have similar sales.

Leave a comment:

• Shadowplay
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    So, these are her 40 biggest UK hits

1. Into the groove
    2. Like a virgin
    3. Crazy for you
    4. Holiday
    5. Papa don't preach
    6. Hung up
    7. Like a prayer
    8. True blue
    9. Frozen
    10. Beautiful stranger

11. Vogue
    12. 4 minutes
    13. La isla bonita
    14. Music
    15. American Pie
    16. Material girl
    17. Don't cry for me Argentina
    18. Who's that girl
    19. Borderline
    20. You'll see
    21. Ray of light
    22. Live to tell
    23. Justify my love
    24. Dress you up
    25. Gambler
    26. Angel
    27. Open your heart
    28. Dear Jessie
    29. Hanky Panky
    30. Sorry
    31. Die another day
    32. Causing a commotion
    33. Cherish
    34. Don't tell me
    35. Express yourself
    36. The power of goodbye
    37. Give it 2 me
    38. This used to be my playground
    39. Me against the music
    40. Rain

Some trivia:
    - Among her 10 biggest UK hits there are songs from 3 different decades (80s, 90s and 00s).
    - "Rain" is the biggest single from "Erotica" in UK and the only one among her Top 40.
    - None of the "Bedtime stories" singles made it into her Top 40 biggest UK hits.
    - "Bedtime stories" is her only album out of her first 11 albums to not yield a single in the list.
    - "American Life" proper singles didn't make it either, yet one song that was eventually included on the album did ("Die another day").
    - The iconic "Express yourself" ranked lower than other LAP singles such as "Cherish" and even "Dear Jessie".
    - All of the 40 ranked hits made the Top 10 in the UK.
    - Each single from the Top 10 moved over 500K units.
    - 6 of her lead singles (almost half of them) didn't make the list.
    - 12 out of the 40 ranked singles didn't appear in any Madonna studio album.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Originally posted by nympho
    OCC just published an article with her 40 biggest hits in UK and some figures for her birthday.

(Don't know if it's updated since the last time they did it, though).

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-new ... les__8266/
    They are not updated

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    OCC just published an article with her 40 biggest hits in UK and some figures for her birthday.

(Don't know if it's updated since the last time they did it, though).

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-new ... les__8266/

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    UK Downloads Albums Chart

136 (144) The Immaculate Collection (23 wks)
    196 (RE) True Blue (3 wks)

UK Radio Airplay Chart

184 (RE) Papa Don't Preach (401 spins | 4.962m AI)
    186 (RE) Material Girl (281 spins | 4.935m AI)

Leave a comment:

• jordi_89
    replied
    Originally posted by Westen
    Plays during last 30 days. She has songs re-entering Radio char regularly, Wayne is posting its positions
    It's surprising, in the US it's not that common that such an old song has enough audience to reach the Top 100, right?

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    @Madonna
    Happy Birthday to all my fans! pre-Order Rebel dvd on my/our Birthday! Aug. 16th!!!

Leave a comment:

• TonyPepperoni
    replied
    About a decade or more ago we used to get radio audience impression leaks along with weekly Soundscan sales across all formats for the "diva"s. I seem to recall every week Madonna's 2 most played songs were Into The Groove and Crazy For You, both pulling in about 5 or 6 million audience each. Of course that was around 2004-2007. Although one only has to put on any recurrent airplay station in the USA to determine those are probably still the most popular 2.

Leave a comment:

• AlphaMale
    replied
    [quote="Westen"]Madonna is 7th most played artist on radios in UK for the last 30 days, #2 female, #1 recurrent. [x/quote]
    Do we have something similar for the USA?

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Originally posted by jordi_89
    Madonna is 7th most played artist on radios in UK for the last 30 days, #2 female, #1 recurrent.

Her 10 most played songs:
    192 plays Papa Don't Preach
    182 Holiday
    178 Into the Groove
    168 Like a Prayer
    141 Borderline
    138 Material Girl
    136 La isla bonita
    116 Express Yourself
    99 Vogue
    90 Like a Virgin
    Those numbers are from the regular Airplay/Radio chart? I mean, she has 2 songs inside the Top 100 current most played songs, or are from a "top recurrent airplay" kind of chart?
    Plays during last 30 days. She has songs re-entering Radio char regularly, Wayne is posting its positions

Leave a comment:

• jordi_89
    replied
    Madonna is 7th most played artist on radios in UK for the last 30 days, #2 female, #1 recurrent.

182 Holiday
    178 Into the Groove
    168 Like a Prayer
    141 Borderline
    138 Material Girl
    136 La isla bonita
    116 Express Yourself
    99 Vogue
    90 Like a Virgin
    Those numbers are from the regular Airplay/Radio chart? I mean, she has 2 songs inside the Top 100 current most played songs, or are from a "top recurrent airplay" kind of chart?

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Yeah!! The Classic never dies.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied

1. Ed Sheeran 3,267 plays
    2. Rita Ora 2,927
    3. Little Mix 2,514
    4. Shawn Mendes 2,117
    5. Niall Horan 2,050
    6. Jonas Blue 2,043
    7. Madonna 2,014
    8. Maggie Lindemann 2,004
    9. Queen 2,003
    10. Coldplay 1,913

17. David Bowie 1,813
    23. Fleetwood Mac 1,636
    25. Michael Jackson 1,615
    27. ABBA 1,541
    30. Elton John 1,496
    32. Stevie Wonder 1,453
    37. The Rolling Stones 1,339

x Whitney Houston 1,034
    x Mariah Carey 395
    x Janet Jackson 257
    x Celine Dion 143

182 Holiday
    178 Into the Groove
    168 Like a Prayer
    141 Borderline
    138 Material Girl
    136 La isla bonita
    116 Express Yourself
    99 Vogue
    90 Like a Virgin

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne
    Haven't posted last week's UK chart data have I?

This is last week's, not yesterday's chart (so this covers the sales period 28th July until 03rd August).

UK Albums Chart

197 (RE) The Immaculate Collection - Madonna (705 wks)

Three weeks ago, it was also 196 - so 2 out of the last 3 weeks on the UK albums chart.

UK Download Albums Chart

144 (160) The Immaculate Collection - Madonna (22 wks)
    Thanks for posting, Last time we had update it was at 702 weeks so we missed one week between those 2 updates

It's impossible to have full chart run of that album

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    From the OCC
    What's more, it's Madonna's biggest selling single in the UK, with sales of just under 881,000 to date. Plenty of you are still enjoying it - it's racking up some 40,000 plays a week across all streaming services in the UK.
    That's about 3k pure sales sold since last August. 40,000 streams a week equals 400 copies worth of sales per week. That's almost 69k worth of sales across the 43 months that streaming has been included in total sales, which would put its combined total at 950k (that's a rough estimate of course, there's no saying whether it receives consistent streams or not).

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    ^ Amazing

Leave a comment:

• adriano
    replied
    Bim video has passed 250.000.000 views

Leave a comment:

• MusicLover88
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne
    Haven't posted last week's UK chart data have I?

This is last week's, not yesterday's chart (so this covers the sales period 28th July until 03rd August).

UK Albums Chart

197 (RE) The Immaculate Collection - Madonna (705 wks)

Three weeks ago, it was also 196 - so 2 out of the last 3 weeks on the UK albums chart.

UK Download Albums Chart

144 (160) The Immaculate Collection - Madonna (22 wks)
    Thanks for the update!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X