Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• innocenteyes
    replied
    I didn't know it was the MJD thread. Was looking for Madonna's.

Leave a comment:

• loveylovey
    replied
    You have a point but how can we focus on real information if its not being shared

Leave a comment:

• lovedeluxe
    replied
    Originally posted by CandyShop
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    What I always find funny and weird is that most Madonna fans never complain about chartmasters or MJD and most seem to be ok with his numbers . . . . yet other people who are not Madonna fans always come to Madonna's threads to complain and have a MJD rant

Its like they can't see people happy and ok with numbers so they need to somehow ruin the party.
    Indeed, we were discussing True Blue sales, and Janet stan, who for their own admission didnít know a hell about M figures, still feel the need to take that as example to start the war against MJD, bringing up Janet number and starting the mess that nothing had to do with Madonna chart thread...... obviously all of this sided by some mods
    It's not about Janet vs Madonna. You're making it into that.

It's just providing factual information for EVERYONE. If ChartMasters has wrong information. Stop using it and defending it. Fans shouldn't believe that it's real if it's wrong. Which is what I see a lot of. It's not JJ vs M. MC vs WH.

As some point you have to realize all of the divas are amazing and have done amazing things. Our small point is, focus on real information, not a random persons estimates that have been proven wrong.

There are a few amazing guys on this board that have been helping to get the real facts out there. That's where the focus should be. Not on fake facts.

Leave a comment:

• CandyShop
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne
    obviously all of this sided by some mods
    Don't snipe, it's really annoying.
    Who cares within all this mess

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    obviously all of this sided by some mods
    Don't snipe, it's really annoying.

Leave a comment:

• CandyShop
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    What I always find funny and weird is that most Madonna fans never complain about chartmasters or MJD and most seem to be ok with his numbers . . . . yet other people who are not Madonna fans always come to Madonna's threads to complain and have a MJD rant

Its like they can't see people happy and ok with numbers so they need to somehow ruin the party.
    Indeed, we were discussing True Blue sales, and Janet stan, who for their own admission didnít know a hell about M figures, still feel the need to take that as example to start the war against MJD, bringing up Janet number and starting the mess that nothing had to do with Madonna chart thread...... obviously all of this sided by some mods

Leave a comment:

• loveylovey
    replied
    At least the ChartMasters guy tries to help people out with his figures, estimations and knowledge. Some people here keep bragging about having official numbers but are too selfish and biased to share. You all say he's rude but showing off and not sharing isn't exactly the nicest of acts.

Leave a comment:

• lovedeluxe
    replied
    Originally posted by lovedeluxe
    That's not the issue. The issue is people taking his website as fact when it's not. THAT is what causes a mess when someone believes that ChartMasters is factual.

He's not SoundScan or Billboard. So why use it as a source?
    We are in a Chart Analysis forum. I remind u of that. And chartmaster is not THE source, but one of them, and like many other can be legitimately cited , and u donít have to feel the need to get a panic or heart attack if someone else relate to that. Just deal with it and go on.
    LOL. I am so calm. It's just a message board. He can't be "legitimately cited" because of some random persons estimates.

People check Chart Analysis for factual information from an adequate source. ChartMaster is not that because some random person put it on his website. Over the last few weeks it has been proved that his information has been terribly wrong.

You're part of the group of people that believe information that's not real. Sure he has taken SoundScan numbers and added what he THINKS sales could be.... which has been wrong.

Leave a comment:

• CandyShop
    replied
    Ok Bojan and Lovedeluxe, we get your point, u donít believe the guy at chartmaster, as I said , u re free to ignore the source, but for the sake of the thread can u go on, or move the discussion somewhere else, like in Janet thread?

I come here for M stats, not to live your personal agenda vs ďxĒor ďyĒ guy !!

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CandyShop
    replied
    That's not the issue. The issue is people taking his website as fact when it's not. THAT is what causes a mess when someone believes that ChartMasters is factual.

We are in a Chart Analysis forum. I remind u of that. And chartmaster is not THE source, but one of them, and like many other can be legitimately cited , and u donít have to feel the need to get a panic or heart attack if someone else relate to that. Just deal with it and go on.

Leave a comment:

• lovedeluxe
    replied
    Re: Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Correct. That's what I'm saying. His website has been terribly wrong. So my point exactly is stop using his website as factual.

Leave a comment:

• Bojan
    replied
    Originally posted by nympho
    Canít believe weíre talking about that guy again... His (already huge) ego must be about to explode if heís reading us.

The thing is that nobody denies that he does a great GUESSING work and his figures are fine as a reference. Problem is some people here take him way toooo seriously and as the Bible.
    He even claims to have confidential sources and many people working for his web Heís really delusional about that. All he does is estimate figures for 80% of the world.

And definitely he doesnít treat ďall divasĒ the same way. Heís reeeally shady, rude and even disgusting when analyzing some of them. While heís not like that with others.
    Itís pretty clear which two female artistsí fanbases love him (or at least in this forum).
    That's the part I don't understand as well. People using his website as if it's the bible. I've seen his site quoted so many times around here. I think it's great that he took time to estimate what HE thinks was sold, but he is terribly wrong and people should just stop quoting his website as facts.
    who are u to determine that? :-?

U are free and legitimate not believing his figure and not quoting them.
    But what u do, biting at everyone, in other threads , that contrary to u, believe to his figure, causing mess and discussion, is honestly tiring

It's not about believing in something anymore when we have Nielsen Music data facts against his claims. If something sold more in the U.S. it can't be that it sold less globally. Sometimes even two times less.

Leave a comment:

• lovedeluxe
    replied
    Re: Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Leave a comment:

• CandyShop
    replied
    Canít believe weíre talking about that guy again... His (already huge) ego must be about to explode if heís reading us.

The thing is that nobody denies that he does a great GUESSING work and his figures are fine as a reference. Problem is some people here take him way toooo seriously and as the Bible.
    He even claims to have confidential sources and many people working for his web Heís really delusional about that. All he does is estimate figures for 80% of the world.

And definitely he doesnít treat ďall divasĒ the same way. Heís reeeally shady, rude and even disgusting when analyzing some of them. While heís not like that with others.
    Itís pretty clear which two female artistsí fanbases love him (or at least in this forum).
    That's the part I don't understand as well. People using his website as if it's the bible. I've seen his site quoted so many times around here. I think it's great that he took time to estimate what HE thinks was sold, but he is terribly wrong and people should just stop quoting his website as facts.
    who are u to determine that? :-?

U are free and legitimate not believing his figure and not quoting them.
    But what u do, biting at everyone, in other threads , that contrary to u, believe to his figure, causing mess and discussion, is honestly tiring

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Simmer down all you nasty boys.

Leave a comment:

• LostAvenger
    replied

This, his site has become the new Mediatraffic.

Leave a comment:

• lovedeluxe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bojan
    replied
    Relax.

I'm neither banned nor I'm leaving comments there. Anyone can use my name or nickname or whatever. We have long public conversations on Twitter from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Bojan
    I like his detailed explanations. I learned a lot on his blog and, ironically, it helped me realize his work is not that good.
    You dislike him that much because he exposed you and banned you on chartmasters (or warned you, don't remember well) for creating multiple accounts there to simulate a janet conversation between many users . . . the thing is that all of the "users" were you and he exposed you really bad providing IP proof . . . . ever since that day you hate him spending your days here in Ukmix trashing him as if your estimations were any better than his.

We all do estimations, we're all the same. MJD has influence and knowledgement so his work is respectable, but at the end of the day no one can say his numbers are bad because we're all the same.

Leave a comment:

• Bojan
    replied
    I like his detailed explanations. I learned a lot on his blog and, ironically, it helped me realize his work is not that good.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    I really and unapologetically like MJD's work . . . . I think he does a great job.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bojan
    replied
    And as I said he underestimate almost all the big divas.....That been said, his works remain for me the best u can find among chart amateurs. Thatís all.
    How when it becomes clearer and clearer our estimates were better? Consensus as a result of collaborative work is always better and less biased.

He underestimate most of divas sales..... Madonna included.

That doesnít take away value to his works, which is to me, absolutely phenomenal.
    Of course, it does, We have 1,845,749 copies sold of the songs mentioned above in America, he comes with global sales of 1,350,000 and you still think he's doing a good job? That's nearly 500,000 copies sold less globally than in the U.S. alone - and we are talking only about several songs. It would be pretty bad even if we were comparing global sales instead of U.S. sales with global sales.

Obviously, only because he explains it in detail it doesn't mean it's the fact nor that his estimates are correct. If he can't estimate sales in a digital age correctly, imagine how wrong he could be about those earlier times when everything was less clear and not so well documented. He does underestimate (or overestimate) the overall sales by millions.

I always thought that he's too confident and too precise to be taken seriously and I was right. Question everything.

Leave a comment:

• CandyShop
    replied
    Those Janet sales doesnít take away nothing to my point..... thereís not even that big discrepancy in those number.....some of them are also overestimated: estimation can never be 100% correct!!

And as I said he underestimate almost all the big divas.....That been said, his works remain for me the best u can find among chart amateurs. Thatís all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X