Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Carlito View Post

Some figure sales on this list are wrong. Actually, Madonna's total album sales in France stand at 10 million and Céline's at 17 milion.And it makes sense that the gap between Céline's album sales and Madonna's in France is bigger than just 3 million .

https://infodisc.fr/Vente_Artiste.php
      Not sure what are the real numbers but 12 million for Madonna seem right based of certifications (and dates for certificaitons - her 80's album certainly need updates). Also Celine Dion 17 million seem more beliveble as Celine 2 best selling albums in French sold over 6.5 million units in France alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by maroon View Post
        No, I don't like it and its chart fortunes in the UK have nothing to do with it.
        It's not just Chart fortunes... it's Madonna 3rd song best seller pure sales in UK and 6th best selling song including streaming!
        That's says a lot in a country where Madonna have had 25 singles that peak at #01 or #02 (where 2 were "Crazy For You" and "Crazy For You (TIC remix)!

Comment

• Originally posted by wowsignal14 View Post
          UK Charts (OCC):

Vinyl Singles Chart
          #7. Who's That Girl (NEW)

Physical Singles Chart
          #8. Who's That Girl (NEW)

Singles Sales Chart (Pure Sales Physical + Digital)
          #13. Who's That Girl (NEW)
          Was hopping a bit better but are already good positions. This will show Warner they can start the vinyl re-releases (and hopefully also CD-singles as well).

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
            What cracks me up the most is that bringing two different examples from complete different eras to compare them for the sake of making a list and stating which one is above or below someone.
            its not that simple to do so.
            And making people from a certain era take an advantage over others from older ones.
            For me its laughable.
            I don't need to explain any further
            That I agree.
            That's why on Billboard Hot 100 of All Time the Eras have different weight due to different chart rules.

Comment

• Comment

• Will "Music" be the next remixed song from her new Remixes project to be released and have a video?

As she is singing it tonight at Maluma concert it would totally make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post
                  Will "Music" be the next remixed song from her new Remixes project to be released and have a video?

As she is singing it tonight at Maluma concert it would totally make sense.
                  No and I don’t think the remix project has even started. Frozen is still just a bonus, unexpected mini era and it isn’t finished. Music is just a really easy song for Madonna to freestyle a performance to and an easy crowd pleaser without resorting to her 80s catalogue.
                  Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

No and I don’t think the remix project has even started. Frozen is still just a bonus, unexpected mini era and it isn’t finished. Music is just a really easy song for Madonna to freestyle a performance to and an easy crowd pleaser without resorting to her 80s catalogue.
                    It's possible... but it was also the #02 on the 00's Decade End Billboard Dance Club Charts (just behind "Hung Up").

Comment

• I can't

Comment

It's possible... but it was also the #02 on the 00's Decade End Billboard Dance Club Charts (just behind "Hung Up").
                        Each time I am reminded of that I feel a sort of pride!! Weird, huh? But that’s truly amazing.

Holiday and Crazy For You have always been the songs that the Warner UK, international markets always went to to re-release to great chart runs over and over again. I remember the picture disc when it was released after JML…
                        My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• Trending on Twitter

Comment

• Monthly Listeners

-59.661 ( ouch )

#148 overall

Comment

Not sure what are the real numbers but 12 million for Madonna seem right based of certifications (and dates for certificaitons - her 80's album certainly need updates). Also Celine Dion 17 million seem more beliveble as Celine 2 best selling albums in French sold over 6.5 million units in France alone.
                              Actually, Céline has one album selling 5 million in France, And that same situation of Madonna's total certified albums in France is also valid for some the other artists in the list and their total would be a bit higher than what is shown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlito View Post

Actually, Céline has one album selling 5 million in France, And that same situation of Madonna's total certified albums in France is also valid for some the other artists in the list and their total would be a bit higher than what is shown.
                                That doesn’t change the big gap between Madonna and the rest below in that list.

Btw what a beast Celine is in French market, she own it !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Forreal View Post
                                  That doesn’t change the big gap between Madonna and the rest below in that list.

Btw what a beast Celine is in French market, she own it !!!
                                  That' was not the point of my comment and I didnt say that it would lessen their gap with other pop international girls
                                  Last edited by Carlito; Sat April 30, 2022, 17:08.

Comment

• Guys according to ChartMasters Spotify streaming numbers tool celebration has 2,762,132,582 total streams !
                                    2,757,685 daily streams yesterday

Comment

It's not just Chart fortunes... it's Madonna 3rd song best seller pure sales in UK and 6th best selling song including streaming!
                                      That's says a lot in a country where Madonna have had 25 singles that peak at #01 or #02 (where 2 were "Crazy For You" and "Crazy For You (TIC remix)
                                      And how do those UK charts/sales statistics relate to my previous comment which was about the fact that I don't like the song and don't get how so many people find it interesting?
                                      Last edited by maroon; Sat April 30, 2022, 17:51.

Comment

• Céline is francophone so it's unfair to compare her with other women. Madonna has always done great in France, she must be one of the best selling English speaking female artists ever.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• We basically come to this thread to find out chart and sale stat, not here for personal taste on a certain album or song, there are others threads for that in the forum….

in other news the Sickick remix of Frozen gained more than 400k yesterday:

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                            Céline is francophone so it's unfair to compare her with other women. Madonna has always done great in France, she must be one of the best selling English speaking female artists ever.
                                            Madonna still is the best selling English Records in France.

Celine Dion best selling albums in France are in French. Taking into account only her English singing albums Madonna is ahead.

Comment

• Crazy for you is one of her best ballad hits and many people from the 80s remember the song. Its more well known because it knocked off we are the world hit run at the top spot back then after she got uninvited for the event. I still think it's one of her best pop songs. I Love it.
                                              Last edited by autumnwind; Sat April 30, 2022, 19:40.
                                              Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• I'm amazed how many records she has sold in France. Its a lot more than I expected it to be. Great achievement
                                                Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• I hope madame x picks up the pace a bit again and breaks 200 mill barrier soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
                                                    Crazy for you is one of her best ballad hits and many people from the 80s remember the song. I still think it's one of her best pop songs. I Love it.
                                                    Exactly, Crazy For You is a classique

Sorry for the spam, I thought I wrote this in the Madonna thread, not the Madonna chart thread
                                                    Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Sat April 30, 2022, 19:06.
                                                    Christina Aguilera / ROSALÍA / Nathy Peluso

Comment

Working...
                                                    X