Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wowsignal14 View Post

is this speculation or is there concrete proof of upcoming certs
    Rhino Records responded to a fan who tagged Guy Oseary in a post about RIAA certs. The fan said, "Do your job!" Rhino responded with "Patience is a virtue."

Comment

• I stand with Chris regarding ChartMasters, MJD is also an estimator like everyone out there but some of his numbers are absolute mess, a small example Britney's OIDIA album sold 9.2M on Soundscan and 1.2M on BMG while he says at Columbia house is sold just a few thousand copies considering Columbia house was a bigger house. Apart from that Columbia house has never revealed numbers, it's all estimation.

Comment

• Rebel Heart will be eligible for Gold in about ~6 years.

Rebel Heart:

376,000 in May 2018

393,000 in Nov. 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
          Chartmaster makes a lot of mistakes.

We have never received concrete figures for Columbia.

I hope 5xP happens, but the figures available to us right now, say it is not eligible.

(Maybe all these Frozen remixes will help push it to 5xP?)

They will announce the certs in August for the release of FEL or in October for the 40th anniversary of Everybody.
          Chartmasters’s estimation for Madonna sales in US is very reasonable and accurate.
          I can tell you how he estimated each album.

Ray Of Light was certified on December 11, 1998
          for shipping 3 million copies. At that time the soundscan sales was only 2.3 million.

On March 16, 2000 it shipped 4 million copies.
          The soundscan sales was only at 3.3 million copies at that time.

The Gap is Club sales and shipment which soundscan didn’t cover.

It shipped more to clubs since last certification.

3.9 million up to date ss sales+ 0.7 million gap + some club sales 0.2 million + supermarket sales 0.1 million = 4.9 million

He won’t inflate her sales since mjd is Michael’s fan.

No doubt Ray of light has shipped at least 4.9 million copies in US.

Comment

Chartmaster makes a lot of mistakes.

We have never received concrete figures for Columbia.

I hope 5xP happens, but the figures available to us right now, say it is not eligible.

(Maybe all these Frozen remixes will help push it to 5xP?)

They will announce the certs in August for the release of FEL or in October for the 40th anniversary of Everybody.
            But are you factoring club sales and also that in the 2000 Soundscan was still only tracking 85% of sales from shops? (so it tracked even less in 1998 when the album was released). Putting all that into accounts puts the album at 5.5 million already so even if it is less than that it's safte to say it's elligible for 5xP.

Comment

• Originally posted by wowsignal14 View Post

is this speculation or is there concrete proof of upcoming certs
              They won’t update her certifications
              Madonna doesn’t need any sales awards to prove herself as the best selling female artist of all time.

If she cared and paid only 375$ dollars for each award , we won’t talk about these right here.

Instead she paid $560k for a Bored Ape Yacht Club NTF.

A pink monkey is worth 1500 RIAA awards!

Barbra Streisand updated nothing on her 80th birthday last month.

If you were successful and old enough you won’t care about these awards about albums or songs which are more than 20 years old.

Comment

• The most important thing is her label should BRIBE the association and change the certification rules to bring PHYSICAL SINGLES into the certification.

Two 12’’ singles equals 1 equivalent album unit.
                Three 7’’ singles equals 1 equivalent album unit.

For example

Like a virgin sold 1.9 million copies, most of them are 7’’.

Angel/ITG sold 0.5 million copies with 12’’ singles.

Material Girl sold around 500k with 7’’ singles.

That would be 1.05 million EAS for LAV album.

She sold over 25 million physical singles in US alone.

That’s the only way to make her certification much higher than any other female artists.

Last edited by britneyliam; Thu May 26, 2022, 17:39.

Comment

• Streams on Spotify 25/05/2022

Frozen (Sickick Remix) 65,305,207 (+347,273)

Fireboy DML Version 4,726,844 (+40,080)

070 Shake Version 3,949,567 (+43,708)

Frozen On Fire 500,742 (+62,943)

Total 494,004 daily streams
                  Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• I don't think Madonna care about her Award Certificaitons.
                    Warner doesn't care much as well - they were always supposed to be used as marketing tools (that's why they were created).

Madonna is regarded as Best Selling Female Artist no matter what so Warner doesn't care much about the certs.
                    But as so many Twitter post have been made about this (and different artists fan wars) that Rhino even responded this year they will do it "in do time, soon".

Like Madonna, I believe "soon" means until the year end - but this is just US. As I said most Madonna sales in most world countries her certs are really over do and she probably sold twice or more what her certifications are right now (probably not in most big markets like US and UK where she had a few updates along the way).

I guess they are failing to see that they need to update her certs worldwide so that the new generation will pay more attention to Madonna. I maybe wrong but this kind of movements are need to be made when most new certs are almost automatic based on the streams and sales being updated everyday now. In the past this didn't exist so people only look at certifications to see Madonna sales.

Even if they only update US and UK I'm happy (as long as they update enough) but I would really love to see a Worldwide sales certification update. The Big Markets would be amazing if they update them as well (Canada, Australia, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan) as I'm certain there are some updates to be made in all these countries and some people do pay attention to them as well.

I believe that here in Portgual they will wait until she have 1 million albums sold much probably and will certificate her records never ... or maybe after the biopic with a LOT of luck. She much certainly is way over 700k albums sold here in certifications if they only cared to update them (that's twice her current certificaiton number). I can only imagine what's going on in other small markets that are a bit bigger than Portugal (Like Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria or All North of Europe countries). Even in Brazil and South America I'm sure there are certifcations updates to be made (based on reports of her sales in those countries - not sure if many or not but there are updates to be made anyway for sure).

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
                      I stand with Chris regarding ChartMasters, MJD is also an estimator like everyone out there but some of his numbers are absolute mess, a small example Britney's OIDIA album sold 9.2M on Soundscan and 1.2M on BMG while he says at Columbia house is sold just a few thousand copies considering Columbia house was a bigger house. Apart from that Columbia house has never revealed numbers, it's all estimation.
                      That’s because OIDIA certified 9 million when ss sales was at 8.2 million copies.

It scanned only 1 million copies since 9xp certification.

If it sold 1 million or more copies in Columbia house , it should be at least 11 million copies by 2003.

But it only certified 10 million copies on Jan. 2005.
                      It probably because the album was limited on Columbia house.

So he estimated 10.5 million for OIDIA instead of 11.5 or more.

Off the topic

Comment

• I'm not talking about RIAA awards anymore. People are being ridiculous. Bribery? Yachts? C'MON

Comment

Rebel Heart will be eligible for Gold in about ~6 years.

Rebel Heart:

376,000 in May 2018

393,000 in Nov. 2021
                          Unless Warner releases a new Edition in 2025 when they get her Interscope catalog and sell enough units to shorten the time in a couple of years.

Comment

• Spotify 25/05/2022

France
                            #89 (98) - Frozen (Sickick Remix) (75,879) +4.988 streams

Comment

• Again, the only way is to change the rules so that physical singles are also equivalent to album sales.

The rules can be changed, initially physical and digital singles were certified separately.
                              https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?...search_section

Physical singles and digital sales have been combined since Whitney’s IWALY in 2019. I’m not sure if she was the first one to make the rule change. Her team really did good job for achieving diamond single.

Madonna doesn't have to update her certification under the present rules.
                              She won’t surpass Mariah Carey or Barbra Streisand unless physical singles are introduced into equivalent units.

I won't comment on certifications until they update her certifications.

Comment

• Originally posted by britneyliam View Post

Madonna doesn't have to update her certification under the present rules.
                                She won’t surpass Mariah Carey or Barbra Streisand unless physical singles are introduced into equivalent units.
                                I believe she will surpass both Mariah and Barbra in Album and Singles but that's something we need to wait to see.

When her sales were at 75 million in US in 2009 she already had some certifcations overdue already for sure as we all know (and many aditional sales that can't be turned into certifications but were probably close). Madonna US album sales should be around 82/85 million right now taking not only pure sales but also SPS into account (from those unfortunally only around 1.4 million albums are from her studio and live releases during the 2010's).

Of course most of those sales will not result in new certifications (0.8/0.9 for "You Can Dance" or 0.6/0.7 for "Who's That Girl" won't get them anywhere and that's already 1.5 million just in these 2 albums that won't see a certification soon - I believe) but don't forget that those 2009 numbers were PURE SALES (even if rounded up). Now we have SPS so there are also streaming and digital track equivalents to add to the albums. Madonna doesn't have much streams but still had a few digital sales along the way. They are also trying to fix her streams right now and they are improving as we all have been analysing.

If a song can get 1xP Single from SPS alone it means it also contributes with over 100k album units equivalent from streams or tracks. When it gets gold it means it contributes with over 50k album units equivalent from streams and tracks.

So this means that "Like a Virgin" and "Material Girl" songs will contribute with at least 200k album units equivalent streams or tracks to the "Like a Virgin" album - even if all the other songs on the album only get another 100k album units equivalent streams or tracks this means "Like a Virgin" album only needs to have had 700k pure sales since 1998 to get an aditional 1xPlatinum award (and 1.7 million pure sales to get 2 platinum awards).

If ROL is re-released on an aniversary issue with the "Frozen (sickick remixes)" and other tracks we may see a good SPS bump over there. Sure that for now would still mean less than 20k from Frozen (remix) but I believe it will get to over 50k added to it. Probably ROL is not there yet and all this "Frozen" remix thing is to help it get there (supposing is really close). I'm just speculating... it can be about ROL getting to 20 million album sales worldwide. This also helped the original "Frozen" song streams that also translate in SPS for the album in US, UK and many other countries.

Changing the rules may happen one day but not anytime soon when Record Labesl are more interested in promoting the younger artists and these new rules were made to benefit them and promote them (Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande, etc). Madonna is an Icon that doesn't need any presentation and have nothing to prove. They won't change the rules for her, that's for sure! They don't need to do it to promote her.

Comment

The most important thing is her label should BRIBE the association
                                  Idk if I use or or

Comment

That’s because OIDIA certified 9 million when ss sales was at 8.2 million copies.

It scanned only 1 million copies since 9xp certification.

If it sold 1 million or more copies in Columbia house , it should be at least 11 million copies by 2003.

But it only certified 10 million copies on Jan. 2005.
                                    It probably because the album was limited on Columbia house.

So he estimated 10.5 million for OIDIA instead of 11.5 or more.

Off the topic
                                    Oops total pure is 11.847M , and we dk the total for the Britney album in US

Comment

• Probably due to the new ABBA concert in London:

Hung Up
                                      iTunes:
                                      #12 Sweden

Frozen still at #30 in Turkey iTunes.

Her "Rebel Heart" album continues being the one in most countries on iTunes as almost everyday (followed by TIC and Celebration).

Comment

• Comment

• #1 on the Turkish airplay charts for a 3rd week

By plays:

By listeners:

Comment

• Is this radio thing really relevant in Turkey?

Cause Frozen never got to be on Spotify 200 in that country. It charted in Egypt but never in Turkey.

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/tr/daily/latest

Comment

• What happened with the Italian Airplay and Frozen on Fire ????
                                              Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by flotando View Post
                                                Is this radio thing really relevant in Turkey?

Cause Frozen never got to be on Spotify 200 in that country. It charted in Egypt but never in Turkey.

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/tr/daily/latest
                                                Not really. But Frozen remix was really popular in Turkey, it was in everyone's Instagram stories, stayed in iTunes top 10 for a very long time, etc. It's not easy to crack Spotify 200 here, mostly local rappers and bands occupy the spots. M has no chance of entering.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Can anyone tell me how many streams does the original Sickick Remix have this year alone? Thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                                                    Can anyone tell me how many streams does the original Sickick Remix have this year alone? Thanks in advance
                                                    It had its biggest day ( at the time ) on Spotify on Dec 31 with 334k and closing the year with 6.323..655 streams .

In 2022 the remix has accumulated so far, 59.306.290 mil streams .
                                                    Last edited by Forreal; Fri May 27, 2022, 17:54.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X