• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BadMan125 View Post
    FULL YOUTUBE VIDEOS OF MADONNA COMPILATIONS (SO FAR):

TOTAL VIEWS OF CELEBRATION (2009, single disc edition) SO FAR
    [LIST=1]
    Do you have Double Disc edition numbers too?

Comment

• Originally posted by wowsignal14 View Post
      Angel on Spotify/

07/02/2022 - 7,025,652 (+12,823)
      07/03/2022 - 7,039,331 (+13,679)
      07/04/2022 - 7,054,573 (+15,242) *BIGGEST DAY EVER*
      Best song on the album deserves

Comment

• Originally posted by wowsignal14 View Post

you forgot vogue in the immaculate collection
        Which has 6.556.249 views. And also the double disc version of the Celebration album, where Vogue has 4.082.350 views.

It's a great work BadMan125 , Madonna has sooo many of these auto-generated audio clips. It would be really interesting to find all of them and make a comprehensive list of her most listened songs on youtube. Btw the figures you posted for MDNA are for the deluxe edition or the standard? Because GGW audio for example has 3 million views in the upload i saw..

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

The song was not released as commercial single in the US. Got to #29 based on airplay ALONE! Would have been TOP 10 for sure if a commercial single was available.
          Agree. It would be her 39th top 10.

Comment

US is not the WORLD.

The song was not released as commercial single in the US. Got to #29 based on airplay ALONE! Would have been TOP 10 for sure if a commercial single was available. Instead they forced people to buy the "Next Best Thing" OST selling almost a million in US. The song was TOP 10 in all other world countries (US was the only country where it was not released).

The single was number one in over a dozen countries including Canada, Australia, UK and Germany.
            Was also #01 on European Hot 100!

"American Pie" was the 4th best selling single of the year 2000 worldwide while "Music" was #01. If released in US it's very possible that "American Pie" would have had worldwide higher sales than "Music" (the single).

Oh! And let's not forget that according to recent info post here not long ago "American Pie" is Madonna most played in Germany.
            I think that youre taking the word "minor" too literally. That doesnt mean that everyone remembers it. Just because it was huge 20 years ago doesnt mean its gained the same relavancy as some of her other singles. I would call it a minor hit for her in relation to today. When you have Like a Prayer, Vogue, La Isla Bonita, and 4 Minutes that need to be upgraded to HD/4k to say a few those I think are what he was talking about. Its also her 26 most streamed song on Spotify. There a dozen songs above it that need to be upgraded as well. Thank God for All Out 2000s playlist or it wouldnt have 3/4 of the streams it has. Some songs above it are getting more streams and they arent even on those playlists like Sorry, True Blue, and Crazy For You. Those arent upgraded and they are arguably more remembered

Comment

• American Pie's chart run globally:
              • WorldPop Global Singles Chart: 13-7-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1- 3-5-7-8-10-11-11-20-20-24- 39-// (Yearend: 4)
              • Radio Express World Chart (Airplay): 25-16-12-2-1-1-1-1-3-5- 5-5-4-5-8-9-13-17-20-24- 27-35-36-38-?? (Yearend: 1)
              Indeed spent 7 weeks at #1 on the European Hot 100.

Music's chart run globally:
              • WorldPop Global Singles Chart: 21-3-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1- 3-4-6-9-13-17-35-//-sk-//-30-40-// (Yearend: 1)
              • Radio Express World Chart (Airplay): 25-19-10-3-2-1-1-1-1-1- 1-2-2-2-2-4-5-7-sk-sk-17-19- 22-25-28-33-37-39-// (Yearend 2000: 23, Yearend 2001: 82)
              Don't Tell Me's chart run globally:
              • WorldPop Global Singles Chart: 34-23-6-7-sk-5-4-6-6-4- 3-4-6-9-13-17-21-26-//
              • Radio Express World Chart (Airplay): 29-18-11-sk-sk-1-1-1-1-1-2-3- 4-3-5-6-8-9-11-14-23-26- 31-38-40-// (Yearend: 3)
              What It Feels Like For A Girl's chart run globally:
              • WorldPop Global Singles Chart: 13-9-7-6-8-8-9-9-??
              • Radio Express World Chart (Airplay): 29-22-16-13-8-4-3-1-1-1- 2-2-5-8-14-17-22-25-30-// (Yearend: 8)
              Amazing's chart run globally:
              • Radio Express World Chart (Airplay): 28-23-16-12-10-13-8-6-6-8- 20-30-40-// (Yearend: 63)
              Music album's chart run globally:
              • CNN WorldBeat Top 30: 1-1-1-1-1-2-4-6-16-15- 17-?-11-8-6-4-4-6-6-8- 8-8-18-17-// (Yearend 2000: 9 [12 million from Warner according to Music & Media magazine] , Yearend 2001: 19 [4.1 million from Warner in Billboard's Global 20 of 2001 chart])
              Last edited by LostAvenger; Fri July 8, 2022, 02:40.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

If Warner chooses the most logical way -and I'm almost 100% sure they will- and uses Material Girl's streaming numbers in favor of its parent album (Like a Virgin), it doesn't matter if you're streaming the version of TIC,Celebration or LaV they'll all serve the same purpose that is to update Like a Virgin's sales.
                its not just about this, a 250M streamed song will increase the rest tracks streams too, now MG increases the celebration streams
                Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• La Isla Bonita slaying

Comment

• Originally posted by MadonnaIcon View Post

Agree. It would be her 39th top 10.
                    Even her 40th if "Beaufitul Stranger" had also been commercial released (it peaked #19 based on airplay alone - could even have been #01 if the single sales were high enough).

Warner did mess up these releases in order to make a few more bucks. She would have been the only artist with over 40 TOP 10 Hits for a long time.

Comment

• Will ROL Reach 7x platinum In UK , 2M pure sales

Comment

Even her 40th if "Beaufitul Stranger" had also been commercial released (it peaked #19 based on airplay alone - could even have been #01 if the single sales were high enough).

Warner did mess up these releases in order to make a few more bucks. She would have been the only artist with over 40 TOP 10 Hits for a long time.
                        She definitely missed some good opportunities.
                        People often claims payola referring to Mariah, but I think instead she really played smart , wish M and her team played the same game back in the day, she could have better stats today in the Usa, who knows….

Comment

• Madonna Warner could have played the game more, but Madonna has always maintained her integrity. No one can deny her that.

I hope Warner update her status and certs later in the year. Her 40th is a milestone that needs recognising correctly.

And whilst I’m dreaming, Material Girl Remix will become a global #1 hit
                          Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• And who lost the integrity here? Mariah , in this case, did what was allowed, she didn’t break any rule: Tommy Mottola was great with that.

Again wish Madonna and her team had done the same back than, for her stats sake!!

Comment

• mind u the 40th anniversary of her debut is in lest than 20 days and we still have no news
                              Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                              Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

in the case of Beautiful Stranger and American Pie, both were Maverick's decision (not to release them as proper singles), so M was, sadly, the one to blame here for missing out on those singles potentially becoming top 10 (or maybe even Top 5) since they wanted as you said to make more money from the sales of their soundtrack albums (The next best thing and Austin Powers )

Comment

• Originally posted by Shego View Post
                                  mind u the 40th anniversary of her debut is in lest than 20 days and we still have no news
                                  Everybody will turn 40 this year, not the debut album.

Comment

• Streams on Spotify 06/07/2022

Frozen (Sickick Remix) 76,102,001 (+229,998)

Fireboy DML Version 6,0119,817 (+28,123)

070 Shake Version 5,271,293 (+26,531)

Frozen On Fire 1,521,397 (+14,299)

Total 298,771 Daily Streams = 89,014,508 in Total Streams
                                    Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post

Yes. Everybody came out on Oct. 6, 1982:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everybody_(Madonna_song)

Comment

• Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post
                                        When I read that piece, I was like: "how can everyone turn 40 in the same year?" Well, maybe because I did in January so it's like a little projection but for a second I really didn't get it was about the song "Everybody"

Comment

• Originally posted by maroon View Post
                                          When I read that piece, I was like: "how can everyone turn 40 in the same year?" Well, maybe because I did in January so it's like a little projection but for a second I really didn't get it was about the song "Everybody"

Comment

• Material Girl +400k again

Last edited by Forreal; Fri July 8, 2022, 02:21.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forreal View Post
                                              Material Girl +400k again

Why is music so forgotten

Comment

• Nice to see LAP break the 200,000 barrier though.
                                                Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• People often talk about how Warner should push this or that song but if there's one song that is criminally forgotten and definitely deserves some kind of pushing,that one is Music.
                                                  It's almost unacceptable how such a huge worldwide hit gets such low numbers (proportionally to how huge it was)
                                                  I'm sure that with a better playlisting things could could change for the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                                                    People often talk about how Warner should push this or that song but if there's one song that is criminally forgotten and definitely deserves some kind of pushing,that one is Music.
                                                    It's almost unacceptable how such a huge worldwide hit gets such low numbers (proportionally to how huge it was)
                                                    I'm sure that with a better playlisting things could could change for the better.
                                                    We just had that conversation like a month ago and it turned into a "Whos That Girl Tour" is iconic!!!" Argument

Comment

Working...
                                                    X