No announcement yet.

Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hope the remix charts somewhere, i want new madonna at the charts, even the most random one i-
    Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
    Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Break My Soul is #11 on her top songs, well I believe so. Not sure if anyone has noticed or uses Spotify in their car, but when I have the app in car mode it shows me her top songs beyond #10.

#12 is Holiday from First Album
      #13 Sorry from COADF
      #14 True Blue from TB
      #15 Vogue from Celebration

Comment

Last edited by sidewalktalk; Wed August 10, 2022, 03:14.

Comment

• ^The Queen's Remix is not #3 at radio.

Kworb just lists the highest charting version at iTunes.

The album version of Break My Soul is #3.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
            ^The Queen's Remix is not #3 at radio.

Kworb just lists the highest charting version at iTunes.

The album version of Break My Soul is #3.
            Yeah I wish he would stop doing this. It confuses people so much and causes issues and creates false hope. Was same thing with the lambs and big energy remix.
            " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

• The only chart Madonna would get credit would be Digital Sales Chart, right? Has she topped the chart before?
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                The only chart Madonna would get credit would be Digital Sales Chart, right? Has she topped the chart before?
                I actually don’t think she will top it this time either. I really want her to but Olivia Newton John’s song is selling like crazy and another big competition is that BTS x Snoop Dog song.
                Hopefully the sales from Beyoncé’s website on Friday were strong enough to compensate.

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
                  Break My Soul is #11 on her top songs, well I believe so. Not sure if anyone has noticed or uses Spotify in their car, but when I have the app in car mode it shows me her top songs beyond #10.

#12 is Holiday from First Album
                  #13 Sorry from COADF
                  #14 True Blue from TB
                  #15 Vogue from Celebration
                  true blue is really having more streaming power that some of madonna's signature hits
                  Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                  Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                    The only chart Madonna would get credit would be Digital Sales Chart, right? Has she topped the chart before?
                    Yes, Hung Up was #1 for 2 weeks in 2005. And 4 Minutes was #1 for 2 weeks in 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by LostAvenger View Post

Yes, Hung Up was #1 for 2 weeks in 2005. And 4 Minutes was #1 for 2 weeks in 2008.
                      Billboard also credits her on the Levitating remix with Dua for 1 week at the pole position.

https://www.billboard.com/artist/mad...t-history/hds/
                      My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post

Billboard also credits her on the Levitating remix with Dua for 1 week at the pole position.

Not really.

As you can see there, only Dua Lipa is credited on that #1. Not her. (Or Missy). It appears on her BB page cause she was part on some weeks of a song that eventually was #1… but not on any week where she was credited.

As you can see on BB page, Levitating peak at #1 was on Billboard issue dated 22 May 2021.

From Billboard that week:

Dua Lipa's "Levitating," featuring DaBaby, elevates from No. 4 to No. 2 on the Hot 100, a new best rank for the song and matching Lipa's best career placement on the chart. She previously reached a No. 2 high with "Don't Start Now" in March 2020.

"Levitating" landed 21.9 million U.S. streams (up less than 1%) and sold 19,900 (up 83%) in the week ending May 13, the latter total good for the Hot 100's top Sales Gainer nod. It also attracted 59.7 million radio airplay audience impressions (up 18%) in the week ending May 16. All three sums mark the highest weekly totals yet for the song.

The track climbs from No. 2 to No. 1 on Digital Song Sales, where it becomes the first leader for both Lipa and DaBaby. It holds at its No. 4 high on Radio Songs and lifts 6-5 for its first week in the top five on Streaming Songs.

Multiple gains in the latest tracking week, following those in recent weeks, helped "Levitating" ascend again, including a half-dozen versions of the song all being discounted to 69 cents in the iTunes Store (with the DaBaby version included in the 69˘ Pop Hits special). The song was originally released, in solo form, on Lipa's second LP, Future Nostalgia, in March 2020; its DaBaby remix arrived in October. (All versions of the song are combined for the Hot 100.)”

DIGITAL SONG SALES
                        The week of May 22, 2021
                        TW LW 2W WOC Title Artist ( Peak ) Imprint | label
                        1 2 4 33 Levitating - Dua Lipa Featuring DaBaby (1) Warner

Madonna’s remix debuted and peaked at #13 on 29 Aug 2020. The only week it charted.

DIGITAL SONG SALES
                        The week of August 29, 2020
                        TW LW 2W WOC Title Artist ( Peak ) Imprint | label
                        13 NEW 1 Levitating - Dua Lipa Featuring Madonna & Missy Elliott (13) Warner

Comment

• benny blanco, BTS & Snoop Dogg just released the instrumental of their song. We can officially say goodbye to Madonna and Beyoncé's #1 on the Hot Digital Song next week :/

Comment

• MONTHLY LISTENERS

05/08/22: 21,772,126 (+44,429) #159
                            06/08/22: 21,881,040 (+108,914) #157 (+2)
                            07/08/22: 21,932,184 (+51,144) #155 (+2)
                            08/08/22: 21,983,242 (+51,058) #155 (=)
                            09/08/22: 22,022,276 (+39,034) #155 (=)

MATERIAL GWORRLLLLLLLL! on Spotify

05/08/22: 203,081 (incl. the first 6,974 from AU/NZ)
                            06/08/22: 322,774 (+119,693) -41,06%
                            07/08/22: 404,550 (+81,776) -31,67%
                            08/08/22: 489,193 (+84,643) +3,50%
                            09/08/22: 558,442 (+69,249) -18,18%

BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX) on Spotify

06/08/22: 350,840 (debut with ~20 hours)
                            07/08/22: 607,197 (+256,357) -26,93%
                            08/08/22: 828,906 (+221,709) -13,51%
                            09/08/22: 1,016,868 (+187,962) -15,22%

Comment

• Wow, very disappointed with these numbers for the Queens Remix… They need to include it in playlists. I don't see Bey's team letting it die tbh. When they released the ***Flawless remix with Nicki they pushed it a lot after some time.
                              I hope they include it in New Music Friday playlists in two days.

Also M is on Fallon tonight so that might help both Material Gworl + Break My Soul. She will be participating in Classroom Instruments, a segment where an artist sings one of their songs using school objects. It's not as useful as a real performance but it boosts sales and streams. Holiday benefitted a lot from it a few years ago. Hopefully she performs one of these two… Or a song from the Finally Enough Love album? Or even Madame X?

I'm pretty sure it will be included in some deluxe version of RENAISSANCE later though, so it will be stable forever after that.
                              Last edited by Fajitas; Wed August 10, 2022, 18:32.

Comment

• Streams on Spotify 09/08/2022

Frozen (Sickick Remix) 83,475,873

Fireboy DML Version 7,050,460

070 Shake Version 6,103,219

Frozen On Fire 1,958,981

98,588,533 in Total Streams (+286,797)
                                Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fajitas View Post
                                  I'm pretty sure it will be included in some deluxe version of RENAISSANCE later though, so it will be stable forever after that.
                                  Never thought of that! But that would be ideal because Beyonce's albums get good recurrent streams from front to back

Comment

• Billboard also credits Madonna with a #2 peak with Levitating on the Dance/ Electronic Digital Song Sales chart. Although only Dua Lipa is listed again on the issue dated 8/27/20, Chart Beat confirms the remix featuring Madonna and Missy Elliot is the one that’s charting.

So the other #1 entry on the digital sales chart must either truly be an anomaly attributed to their ever evolving and developing rules or possibly, reflected in error. But as a fan, who I am to doubt what’s posted in the music industry Bible official site?

Billboard
                                    Chart Beat
                                    08/27/2020

Dua Lipa ‘Levitates’ Onto the Dance Charts With Madonna & Missy Elliott Remix

Dua Lipa's "Levitating" debuts on three Billboard Dance/Electronic charts, fueled by a remix with Madonna and Missy Elliott.

BY ERIC FRANKENBERG

Ahead of the Aug. 28 release of Dua Lipa’s Club Future Nostalgia, the remix collection’s first single, “Levitating,” featuring Madonna and Missy Elliott, debuts on three Billboard Dance/Electronic charts.

The track launches at No. 6 on the streaming-, sales- and airplay-based Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart (dated Aug. 29). Lipa lands her fourth top 10 and first entry as a sole lead artist, following equally co-billed collaborations with Silk City (“Electricity”; No. 5, November 2018), Calvin Harris (“One Kiss”; No. 2, April 2018) and Martin Garrix (“Scared to Be Lonely”; No. 9, May 2017).

While Lipa is the lead artist on “Levitating,” the remix extends the chart histories of Madonna and Elliott.

Madonna earns her fifth entry on Hot Dance/Electronic Songs, dating to the chart’s 2013 inception, and third top 10, after “B**** I’m Madonna,” featuring Nicki Minaj (No. 5), and “Living for Love” (No. 9), both in 2015.

Of course, that handful of hits does not account for her entire prolific career. Earlier this year, Madonna notched her record-extending 50th No. 1 on Billboard’s Dance Club Songs chart, a run that began in 1983.

For Elliott, “Levitating” is her first entry on Dance/Electronic Songs. As with Madonna, she boasts a robust chart legacy, including three No. 1s among 13 top 10s on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, dating to her 1997 debut. She also counts two No. 1s on Dance Club Songs.

“Levitating” enters at No. 2 on the Dance/Electronic Digital Song Sales chart, with 7,000 downloads sold in the week ending Aug. 20, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data. It also starts at No. 7 on Dance/Electronic Streaming Songs with 3.7 million U.S. streams.

The song further hits the Hot 100’s Bubbling Under chart at No. 10 and the all-genre Digital Song Sales chart at No. 13. All three dance charts above remain under the reign of Saint Jhn’s “Roses,” which celebrates its 20th week at No. 1 on Dance/Electronic Streaming Songs, its 17th week in charge of Hot Dance/Electronic Songs and its 16th week atop Dance/Electronic Digital Song Sales.

https://www.billboard.com/pro/levita...c-songs-chart/
                                    My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• From her mouth, Madonna says that she's sold over 400 million records worldwide, 18 seconds into her interview on The Tonight Show last night:

Comment

• Over 400 M WW and from her own mouth to boot, should we expect cert updates sooner than later? some hope wouldn't be too bad right?

Comment

• The certifications must be coming soon! Hopefully for her birthday and the release of FEL!

Comment

• This must be one of the best news bits ever. So starved for new certificas
                                            Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Queen sold more than 400M records majorly from physical era, you heard her! Bow down

Comment

• I wonder how close True Blue is to diamond

Comment

• Edit: wrong thread.
                                                  Last edited by MusicLover88; Thu August 11, 2022, 11:40.

Comment

• They'll have to update her Guinness World Record page. Wow, 400,000,000 units. She really is the Queen Mother Madonna. When she spoke those words, I got major goosebumps!
                                                    Madonna, The Holy Queen of Music!
                                                    http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/wor ... ing-artist

Comment

Working...
                                                    X