Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a gold certifi?? I'm not good at French
    Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
      Is it a gold certifi?? I'm not good at French
      yes

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

Not just by streams. Unlike other countries France converts digital song sales to streams (every 1 song sales are 150 equivalent streams). It's same but said differently.

So those 15 Million Equivalent Streams also include digital song sales. It's the same as saying over 100k equivalent song sales in UK (when there are streams and song sales mixed there as well). As far as streams are concerned only SUBSCRIPTION PAID streams are used for charts and certifications in France (meaning the song also had lot more ad supported streams as well).

Sure streams played a lot there but I'm sure she have a nice share of digital songs as well (based on how long the song stayed in France iTunes TOP 40 and TOP 10.
        Is the US count them like that too? Seems more fair.
        Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
        Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lookingfornews81 View Post

Hello, where can we see all Madonna UK and US charts positions (per year)? I didn't remember Erotica charting, was this the white Sainsbury exclusive release?
          Hi, here for the UK —>
          https://www.officialcharts.com/artist/28948/madonna/

scroll down the page, click on the Albums tag, then on the “+” button beside “Erotica”, its full chartrun will be shown.
          "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post

Hi, here for the UK —>
            https://www.officialcharts.com/artist/28948/madonna/

scroll down the page, click on the Albums tag, then on the “+” button beside “Erotica”, its full chartrun will be shown.
            i wish billboard USA could do that too

Comment

• Originally posted by Shego View Post

Is the US count them like that too? Seems more fair.
              In US streams are converted to sales (basically the same but counted on reverse) but 125 paid/subscription streams are 1 sale equivalent and also 375 free/ad supported streams are 1 sale equivalent.

In France free/ad supported streams count nothing to the chart or certifications (and you need 150 streams for 1 sale... or 1 sale to have 150 streams).

In Germany it's similar to France with a few variations (for certifications) but you 200 streams are 1 sale equivalent (and free/ad supported also count nothing).

In UK 100 paid streams are 1 equivalent sale and 600 free/ad supported streams are also 1 unit sale equivalent.

Not sure if in UK streams need double just for chart purpose or also to BPI certifications (ACR is also for certs? If someone knows please complete this)

If I'm wrong somewhere here please someone correct me... I know there are few more complicated rules but are mostly for albums not singles/songs (I think).

Comment

• Thanks a lot​​​​​​

Comment

• YouTube

Madonna - 2012 Super Bowl Halftime Show just hit 29M views

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                    YouTube

If her team had uploaded it in 2012 the video would've 290M

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

Does anyone have what are Madonna TOP 10 Remixed tracks (not songs, individual tracks) on Spotify?

I'm sure "Frozen (sickick)" is #01 but what is the rest of the TOP 10?
                      In a quick look, here is the Top 15 I've found as of yesterday:

01. Frozen (Sickick Remix) - 87,481,272
                      02. Levitating (The Blessed Madonna Remix) - 48,746,891 *single version only*
                      03. Girl Gone Wild (Avicii's UMF Mix) - 15,324,992
                      04. Revolver (Madonna vs. David Guetta One Love Remix) - 13,590,595
                      05. Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock Remix) - 12,044,109
                      06. Celebration (Benny Benassi Remix Edit) - 8,710,830
                      07. La Isla Bonita (Extended Remix) - 8,701,461
                      08. Celebration (feat. Akon) - 7,992,276
                      09. Frozen (Fireboy DML Remix) - 7,537,916
                      10. Revolver (feat. Lil Wayne) (Madonna vs. David Guetta One Love Remix) - 7,357,927
                      11. Frozen (070 Shake Remix) - 6,549,361
                      12. Me Against the Music (Rishi Rich's Desi Kulcha Remix) - 3,760,736
                      13. Break My Soul (The Queens Remix) - 3,302,218
                      14. Medellín (Offer Nissim Madame X In The Sphinx Mix) - 2,755,776
                      15. Burning Up (12" Version) - 2,647,513

Comment

• Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post

In a quick look, here is the Top 15 I've found as of yesterday:

01. Frozen (Sickick Remix) - 87,481,272
                        02. Levitating (The Blessed Madonna Remix) - 48,746,891 *single version only*
                        03. Girl Gone Wild (Avicii's UMF Mix) - 15,324,992
                        04. Revolver (Madonna vs. David Guetta One Love Remix) - 13,590,595
                        05. Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock Remix) - 12,044,109
                        06. Celebration (Benny Benassi Remix Edit) - 8,710,830
                        07. La Isla Bonita (Extended Remix) - 8,701,461
                        08. Celebration (feat. Akon) - 7,992,276
                        09. Frozen (Fireboy DML Remix) - 7,537,916
                        10. Revolver (feat. Lil Wayne) (Madonna vs. David Guetta One Love Remix) - 7,357,927
                        11. Frozen (070 Shake Remix) - 6,549,361
                        12. Me Against the Music (Rishi Rich's Desi Kulcha Remix) - 3,760,736
                        13. Break My Soul (The Queens Remix) - 3,302,218
                        14. Medellín (Offer Nissim Madame X In The Sphinx Mix) - 2,755,776
                        15. Burning Up (12" Version) - 2,647,513
                        Thanks!!!

Was not expecting "Revolver" so high... at #04 and #10? Even higher than "Celebration" (that also appears 2 times in TOP 10).
                        Those 2 Frozen (sickick remixes) will certainly stay in her TOP 10 most streamed remixes for long!

"Break My Soul" will certainly become among her TOP 10 most streamed remixes in a few weekks.

Shocked that there is not one BIM or LFL remix among her TOP 15.
                        Also surprised for seeing Burning Up that high

Guess it will take a long time for any other remix from FEL to get into her most streamed remixes but doubt that any other one will ever make her TOP 15 besides the ones alredy there (maybe TOP 20) for the next couple of years... (well maybe "Into The Groove" or "Deeper and Deeper" may achieve it but I doubt).

Comment

• ^Revolver is one of her best remixed song, IMO
                          it should have been a single, not that awful mastered original version...

Comment

• Billboard Artist 100:

8 RE 8 Madonna 1

Comment

• Originally posted by LostAvenger View Post
                              Billboard Artist 100:

8 RE 8 Madonna 1
                              Nice to see her spend another week on Artist 100 inside the TOP 10 and even more based on a remix album release only!

Comment

Billboard Artist 100:

8 RE 8 Madonna 1
                                Has she ever been at #1 in this chart?

Comment

• ^Yes, the "1" after her name is the peak position on this chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadonnaIcon View Post

Has she ever been at #1 in this chart?
                                    Yes
                                    https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...00-number-one/

Comment

• I'm having trouble with Madonna Portuguese Albums history...

"Finally Enough Love" is Madonna 11th or 12th number album

#01 albums in Portugal:

"Finally Enough Love"
                                      "Madame X"
                                      "Rebel Heart"
                                      "Sticky & Sweet Tour"
                                      "Hard Candy"
                                      "The Confessions Tour"
                                      "Confessions On A Dancefloor"
                                      "Evita"
                                      "I'm Breathless"
                                      "Like a Prayer"
                                      "True Blue"

"Like a Virgin" ? (not sure if it really was #01...)

Madonna #02 albums in Portugal:

"MDNA"
                                      "Celebration"
                                      "Bedtime Stories"

"The Immacullate Collection" #02 or #06 (I had #02 but wiki says #06)

MadonnaTop 10 albums in Portugal also include:

#03 "Music"
                                      #03 "Ray Of Light" (wiki says #06 but I had #03.. so I'm confused now)
                                      #03 "Something To Remember"
                                      #05 "I'm Going To Tell You A Secret"
                                      #06 "GHV2"
                                      #10 "American Life"

I don't have info on:

"You Can Dance"
                                      "Who's That Girl"
                                      "Madonna"

Comment

• "Like A Virgin" album peaked at #2, as did "You Can Dance". "Who's That Girl?" is uncertain, but it at least hit a high of #4.

"Madonna" charted as "The First Album" which peaked at #5.

Comment

• YouTube

Madonna - Girl Gone Wild (Official Video)
                                          hit 69M views

Comment

Billboard Artist 100:

8 RE 8 Madonna 1
                                            Welcome back queen.
                                            Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• thebigham Could you post the top 10 Madonna's digital singles sales in US? Currently everyone talks just about streaming.
                                              Last edited by MadonnaIcon; Tue August 30, 2022, 21:33.

Comment

• ^I don't have them. Just the SPS figures from last March.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                                                  ^I don't have them. Just the SPS figures from last March.
                                                  I remember that 4 minutes had 3,1 million and Hung Up 1,5 million (her two biggest digital singles sales in US). But ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                                    YouTube

Unfortunately it didn't get uploaded in 2012, if it did, the view counts would be much larger.
                                                    "Crime is increasing
                                                    Trigger happy policing..."
                                                    -- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")

Comment

Working...
                                                    X