1/22 HITS chart:

http://hitsdailydouble.com/building_album_chart

Albums

re-entry 25 MADONNA IMMACULATE COLLECTION SIRE 9,097

Leave a comment:

• Nichu94
    replied
    I know, I didn't expect top 25.

That means re peak in the catalog chart too, should be top 5 right?

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    ^99 cent sale at Google Play.

Leave a comment:

• Nichu94
    replied
    Originally posted by thebigham
    1/22 HITS chart:

Albums

Oh my God!

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    1/22 HITS chart:

Albums

Leave a comment:

• Nichu94
    replied
    Originally posted by AlphaMale
    Originally posted by Nichu94
    Originally posted by JadeBritx
    Great job! Her success in Japan is underrated.

By the way, how much many records do you estimate for Madonna in Europe? I know she has sold around 75-80 million albums, and like 20 million singles in the UK alone, maybe like 140-150+ million in total? I wanna know for a list I'm working on.
    I'd say +78 million albums and +50 million singles
    Adding DVD and VHS sales, she's probably in the 130-135 million range
    WB stated by the time Hard Candy was released, that she had sold in excess of 75 million albums in the USA.
    Is that right? I know the certs from RIAA are about 64.5, but I also know she's undercertified.
    I have her album sales in the U.S. at +71 million (69 million pre Hard Candy). WB may know better than me how many albums they did ship in the U.S., of course! They probably gave a rounded up figure
    Unless they re certify some of her pre-soundscan albums I'm not able to figure out how her sales may reach the 75 million mark.

The immaculate Collection is undercertified (I have it at 12m which is 2xP higher that its actual certification); True Blue might be very close to 8xP as well. Don't really know about Like a Prayer, I'm breathless, her first album, who's that girl and you can dance, although it's pretty obvious that the release of TIC in 1990 pretty much "ruined" her catalog sales, so I don't see them being eligible to a higher certification level.
    About her release post 1991, everything seems properly certified, with the possible exception of Ray of light which might be close to 5xP.

Warner isn't going to certify anything now that she's not with them anymore.

EDIT: they also might've counted Evita's sales twice, as the RIAA does. In that case, her pre hard candy album, adding 500k for other minor release and 500k shipment for hard candy, gives a total of about 73m (which is 75m rounded up to). That's the most logical explaination

Leave a comment:

• AlphaMale
    replied

By the way, how much many records do you estimate for Madonna in Europe? I know she has sold around 75-80 million albums, and like 20 million singles in the UK alone, maybe like 140-150+ million in total? I wanna know for a list I'm working on.
    WB stated by the time Hard Candy was released, that she had sold in excess of 75 million albums in the USA.
    Is that right? I know the certs from RIAA are about 64.5, but I also know she's undercertified.

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    The Immaculate Collection is #18 on iTunes Brazil

Leave a comment:

• HolidayGuy
    replied
    Westen- yes. But, just looking at those total weeks "undermines" its success. Hence, mentioning the 285 weeks in the catalog top 50 (on top of the initial 141 weeks on the BB 200).

Leave a comment:

• Nichu94
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MusicLover88
    replied
    You're the bomb

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    ^1/30 Billboard 200

167 Re-Entry 144 The Immaculate Collection, Madonna 10xP

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    This is its 144th week on B200?

Leave a comment:

• HolidayGuy
    replied
    Thanks, Nichu.

The Immaculate Collection re-enters the catalog top 50 at No. 42*- thus, it has 429 cumulative weeks on the charts (141 initial weeks on BB 200 and 285 weeks in the catalog top 50; the three most recent weeks, it also was on the BB 200, so no double-counting).

As noted, the Google Play sale must have began prior to last Friday (notice the re-entries for the Elvis Presley and Phil Collins albums, for example), unless there was a sale somewhere else.

Still No. 3 on GP. I got a copy on GP (along with the Cars and a number of free titles- good stuff).

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    TIC is #3 on iTunes México

Edit #2 25 is #1

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied

Leave a comment:

• adriano
    replied
    Wow! What you do is priceless!

Leave a comment:

• Nichu94
    replied
    Japanese stats completed

Leave a comment:

• HolidayGuy
    replied
    A few years back, M's tracks were averaging around 40K/week.

I didn't expect TIC to appear on the BB 200- the track sales/streaming activity was stronger than I thought they would be. The Google sale must have started prior to last Friday. Given that it's currently No. 3 on Google Play, I imagine it will be around next week, as well.

Leave a comment:

• Nichu94
    replied
    Originally posted by Westen
    Thanks!

So singles that are featured on TIC sold 12,563, maybe 35k singes overall per week?
    Does +12,000 include all versions of the songs included in the TIC, according to Billboard rules?
    I think it does.
    If it does, then I assume Madonna's weekly sales in terms of digital tracks might be lower than 35k.
    Songs included on TIC are by far her best catalog sellers

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Thanks!

So singles that are featured on TIC sold 12,563, maybe 35k singes overall per week?
    Does +12,000 include all versions of the songs included in the TIC, according to Billboard rules?
    I think it does.

Leave a comment:

• Nichu94
    replied
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• adriano
    replied
    wow amazing for TIC!!! was it thanks to the discount on google play?

i hoped for an updated total of the sales

Leave a comment:

Working...
X