Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bad_Bobby2009 View Post

This will probably crack the Worldwide Top 100 today.
    I just Shazamed the Rebel Heart demo version. When I tried to Shazam it on the Madame X version, it was not able to decipher the song. Interesting.

Comment

• 4 Minutes (Celebration Version) 200Million coming soon!
      Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Hung Up deserves 500 million

Comment

• Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
            I couldn't imagine this remix would grasp this much success. It's still growing.
            Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Billboard Hot 100's Top 10s from 35, 30 and 20 years ago:

November 14, 1987

01 01 I Think We're Alone Now - Tiffany (2nd and final week at #1)
              02 03 Mony Mony - Billy Idol
              03 06 (I've Had) The Time Of My Life - Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
              04 04 Little Lies - Fleetwood Mac
              05 11 Heaven Is a Place On Earth - Belinda Carlisle
              06 07 Breakout - Swing Out Sister
              07 08 Brilliant Disguise - Bruce Springsteen
              08 02 Causing a Commotion - Madonna
              09 10 It's a Sin - The Pet Shop Boys
              10 14 Should've Known Better - Richard Marx

November 14, 1992

01 02 How Do You Talk To An Angel - The Heights (1st of 2 weeks at #1)
              02 01 End Of The Road - Boyz II Men
              03 03 I'd Die Without You - P.M. Dawn
              04 12 If I Ever Fall In Love - Shai
              05 04 Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough - Patty Smyth w/Don Henley
              06 08 Rump Shaker - Wreckx-N-Effect
              07 07 Rhythm Is a Dancer - Snap!
              08 10 What About Your Friends - TLC
              09 05 Erotica - Madonna
              10 06 Jump Around - House Of Pain

November 9, 2002

01 02 Lose Yourself - Eminem (1st of 12 weeks at #1)
              02 01 Dilemma - Nelly feat. Kelly Rowland
              03 04 Work It - Missy Elliott
              04 03 Hey Ma - Cam'ron feat. Juelz Santana, Freekey Zekey & Toya
              05 05 A Moment Like This - Kelly Clarkson
              06 08 Underneath It All - No Doubt feat. Lady Saw
              07 07 Luv U Better - LL Cool J
              08 18 Die Another Day - Madonna
              09 09 The Game Of Love - Santana feat. Michelle Branch
              10 06 Gangsta Lovin' - Eve feat. Alicia Keys

Comment

• Nice to see Into The Groove back at #10 on her Spotify Top 10.

Comment

• Madonna, The Holy Queen of Music!
                  http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/wor ... ing-artist

Comment

• Back That Up just entered Shazam's Worldwide Top 100 songs at #87 (+20)

Comment

• Wow that’s crazy! With an unreleased demo! I wonder if they will acknowledge that? I guess they should just release the song as Back that up (Original Mix) or something like that, they are losing money!

Also great to see that BMS and HUWT are still in her Top 20, not that bad after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                        Hung Up deserves 500 million
                        Like a Prayer, Vogue, Papa Don't Preach, Take a Bow, You'll See, Frozen and Music as well

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                          Billboard Hot 100's Top 10s from 35, 30 and 20 years ago:
                          08 02 Causing a Commotion - Madonna
                          Amazed at CAC chartrun. A different timing from Bad or I Think We’re Alone Now (two songs that defined the Eighties) and we would have had another number one. That soundtrack would have been hard to ignore, and maybe there would have been room for WTG and/or CAC on TIC.
                          "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post
                            Back That Up just entered Shazam's Worldwide Top 100 songs at #87 (+20)
                            She honestly has the most stupid team on Earth. She's posting non-stop on Instagram but hasn't even acknowledged the song rising ONCE.
                            She should tease it the way Nicki teased Super Freaky Girl when the snippet went viral on TikTok before releasing it.
                            God only knows how many streams she's losing per day but that's probably several dozens of thousands, if not more. Her Spotify stats are weakening so I don't really know what they're waiting for. Hopefully it's not another Frozen Sickick situation where they wait SEVEN months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fajitas View Post
                              She honestly has the most stupid team on Earth.
                              That’s unfair. Madonna did Frozen (Remix) right - she contacted Sickick and made his Remix official. These things take time.

As for releasing the demo version of Back That Up, we have absolutely no idea if she’s even able to do that, now she has a deal with Warner to reissue all of her albums.

Then there’s the fact she’s always being called desperate by her fanbase, yet any whiff of traction on a song and they expect her to release something instantly. Who is really desperate?
                              I have a bad feeling about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

That's unfair. Madonna did Frozen (Remix) right - she contacted Sickick and made his Remix official. These things take time.
                                She did that 6 months after the song went viral. They don't care.
                                "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Comment

• Originally posted by TiagoRodrigues View Post

She did that 6 months after the song went viral. They don't care.
                                  Madonna still did it right. She could have just had an unauthorised remix taken down - let’s not pretend it wasn’t added to streaming without even tagging her.

She had every right to kill it, but instead she went about it in the proper way in order to get it released. She formalised the release, went into the studio with him and is now working on original material with him.

Not every viral moment needs to be capitalised on. Madonna is not getting back onto the singles charts and she shouldn’t need to release an eight year old demo just because some people are paying attention to it now - by rights they shouldn’t even have access to it, because it was an illegal leak.

The real issue is some of you are just never happy with anything Madonna does if it doesn’t align to what you think she should be doing.
                                  I have a bad feeling about this.

Comment

• Does anyone know the streaming sales for ROL album In the UK? As it has 2M pure sales on chartmasters I’m wondering when it will reach 7x platinum status

Comment

• #Today on November 7 1992, .@Madonna’s "Erotica" hit #2 on @Billboard’s Top 200 Albums Chart in the USA with first week sales of 167,000 copies.
                                      It was eventually certified 2xPlatinum by (@RIAA) for shipments of two million units.
                                      #Erotica has sold +7MILLIONcopies WW

Comment

• ^Where did you copy and paste that from? You really should give credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

That’s unfair. Madonna did Frozen (Remix) right - she contacted Sickick and made his Remix official. These things take time.

As for releasing the demo version of Back That Up, we have absolutely no idea if she’s even able to do that, now she has a deal with Warner to reissue all of her albums.

Then there’s the fact she’s always being called desperate by her fanbase, yet any whiff of traction on a song and they expect her to release something instantly. Who is really desperate?
                                          I agree that she did that right, contacting Sickick and all, but I feel like she took too long. How many streams would it have had she been quicker? 200M? 300M?

As for not grasping every viral occasion, I don't really agree. It's true for newer artists. Ariana is going viral every other day, she can miss one or two opportunities. Madonna has just okay streaming numbers and isn't going viral often. Material Girl did thanks to Stranger Things, Frozen thanks to TikTok (and people actually had the original version to turn to before she released the remix), but this time all these Shazams are going to waste. It's a shame. Especially considering it's a relatively new song that people don't know yet.

She should at least release the Madame X version so that people find it if they search the song on streaming services. It would increase her streams and bring a new life to this album. Her team is stupid anyway. The deluxe version of the album should have been made available after the tour was released, as Ciao Bella was used during the credits…

I'd never call her desperate for trying to benefit from something going viral. I never called her desperate for anything tbh (except Material Gworl maybe.)

Comment

• I dont think she needs to do anything with Back That Up. Let the song make the rounds on tik tol. It will keep Madonna on tik tok and in peoples minds either way.

Comment

• UK Midweek Album Chart
                                              94 (59) Finally Enough Love

Comment

• Hung Up on Tokischa 3,046,888 Streams on Spotify
                                                Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• They're rallying for the song.

Madonna, The Holy Queen of Music!
                                                  http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/wor ... ing-artist

Comment

• Back That Up
                                                    Shazam:
                                                    #74 Worldwide (+13)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X