X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lament
    Originally posted by Westen
    Originally posted by Lament
    Is it safe to say that MDNA has crossed the 500k line by now?
    28k in four years is a given, right? Especially considering the last number was during the era, before the end of the tour.
    MDNA is at 539,000 as of December 2014
    Oh, good. It's obviously low but I'm surprised the difference is so small with Hard Candy (which was released at a time where the industry was much healthier.) I guess the ticket bundle thing really helped. I'll understand understand why it failed with Rebel Heart. I remember they did the same, but it brought like 10k sales at most…
    I'm really curious to know how Rebel Heart would have fared had it not leaked two months prior to its release. Anyway, I hope her next era will be handled better. Promo-wise the RH era was incredible tbh. The first time in 10 years she really promoted a record. I just hope it will be a traditional release (a real lead single, no pre-order EP, no huge leak.)
    They didn't.

Comment

• Lament- but they didn't do the same with RH. With MDNA, all concert dates ere on sale in advance of the album release. With RH, only a select number of dates were on sale, and I think they primarily were during album-release week. And, it was just digital copies, whereas MDNA was both digital and physical. So, a big difference in the process for both.

I think Paul Grein provided some totals after Billboard- which may explain any discrepancies for [i]Music[/i} and even [i]American Life[i]- he may have added import sales or something.
      http://www.poconorecord.com/entertai...-madame-x-tour

Comment

• US album sales: @Madonna, Hard Candy 751,000 (total).
        US album sales: @Madonna, 'GHV2: Greatest Hits Volume 2' 1,397,000 (total).
        Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• US album sales: @Madonna, Confessions on a Dance Floor 1,734,000 (total).
          US album sales: @Madonna, Rebel Heart 238,000 (total).

Comment

• Originally posted by jjavier1978
            US album sales: @Madonna, Confessions on a Dance Floor 1,734,000 (total).
            Sales were posted on last page. Please check before you post

Comment

• YES at TIC only being 8k away from 6 million scanned!

Comment

• But what is the total of Rebel Heart? I mean with 238k in USA and around 80 in the UK how is it possible that it sold 700k in the others countries? I mean, the chart-runs worldwide are not that good to justify 700k or even 600k...
                BEYONCE 120.000.000 Records Worldwide

Beyoncé is Billboard Female Artist of the Decade!

Comment

• Originally posted by carlo_thebest
                  But what is the total of Rebel Heart? I mean with 238k in USA and around 80 in the UK how is it possible that it sold 700k in the others countries? I mean, the chart-runs worldwide are not that good to justify 700k or even 600k...
                  The album sold similar to the UK in other Big European countries such as Germany and France and it was pretty big in Italy where it sold like 60K units there. She also had solid sales in Latin America where the album achieved certifications in Mexico and Brazil.

Remember that Madonna has been very international oriented since she lost the American market. "Hard Candy" sold close to 4million units with only 700K coming from the US. The proportion wasn't much different with "Rebel Heart".
                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                    Originally posted by carlo_thebest
                    But what is the total of Rebel Heart? I mean with 238k in USA and around 80 in the UK how is it possible that it sold 700k in the others countries? I mean, the chart-runs worldwide are not that good to justify 700k or even 600k...
                    The album sold similar to the UK in other Big European countries such as Germany and France and it was pretty big in Italy where it sold like 60K units there. She also had solid sales in Latin America where the album achieved certifications in Mexico and Brazil.

Remember that Madonna has been very international oriented since she lost the American market. "Hard Candy" sold close to 4million units with only 700K coming from the US. The proportion wasn't much different with "Rebel Heart".
                    I know that but:

France
                    *3* - 7 - 18 - 23 - 43 - 48 - 68 - 75 - 77 - 94 - 100 - 119 - 95 - 128 - 148 - 140 - 152 - 170 - 189 - 155 - 196 - 173 - 190 - 196 - Out / 24w

Germany
                    *1* - 4 - 13 - 24 - 25 - 19 - 28 - 24 - 31 - 25 - 44 - 45 - 70 - 75 - 92 - Out - RE (112) - Out / 15w

She spent like 6 weeks in the top 50 in France and 12 in Germany... I mean even if she sold 200k between the three big European countries there are other 500k copies... I don't know, I'm just curious...

Comment

• Well the album did close to 700,000 units in just 10 countries

US - 238,000
                      Can - 40,000
                      UK - 80,000
                      Germany - 80,000
                      France - 60,000
                      Japan - 40,000
                      Italy - 60,000
                      Mexico - 30,000
                      Brazil - 40,000
                      Australia - 25,000

There are many other countries in the world.
                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Brasil

deluxe 31.000
                        super deluxe 10.000
                        if counts double, its 2 cd: 10.000 x2: 20.000

51.000 + digital sales

eua:
                        but 2cd super deluxe counts double. i believe in higher total. nielse not counts doble copie only riaa.

Comment

• Here we go, downplaying it once again...

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen
                            Here we go, downplaying it once again...
                            I'm actually debating carlo_thebest's argument by showing to him how the album did almost 700K in just 10 countries alone. Which means that its +900K figure is not too high as he is implying.

Comment

• Originally posted by madboy1
                              Brasil

deluxe 31.000
                              super deluxe 10.000
                              if counts double, its 2 cd: 10.000 x2: 20.000

51.000 + digital sales

eua:
                              but 2cd super deluxe counts double. i believe in higher total. nielse not counts doble copie only riaa.
                              Those are shipments and even if 2 disc CD might could as two units for certifications purposes, it definitely count as one unit if we talk about sales.

Plus I didn't want to start any argument, I was just asking because I was curious about its sales. If the reported estimations regarding France and Germany are right, than yes, I guess it's realistic an estimation between 800/900k worldwide.

Comment

• Originally posted by carlo_thebest

Those are shipments
                                Sales = shipments. Shipments are literally the only way to know sales in Brazil (as well as many other countries).

Comment

• http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... riah-carey

Most Top 20 Hot 100 Hits
                                  48, Elvis Presley
                                  44, Madonna
                                  42, Lil Wayne
                                  42, The Beatles
                                  40, Elton John
                                  40, Rihanna
                                  36, Stevie Wonder
                                  35, Drake
                                  35, Taylor Swift
                                  33, Mariah Carey
                                  33, Michael Jackson
                                  32, Jay Z
                                  30, The Rolling Stones

Comment

• these lists... i hate them because they insinuate that the conditions were the same for all the acts listed.. ehm they weren't...

from 1958-1998 only physical singles were allowed to chart and the implementation of album tracks being allowed to chart came 1 decade after that.

All of this affected the artists who charted prior to 2000's.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• I agree, when you see things like when Into The Groove was number one whilst Holiday was number 2 & Crazy for you was errmmm I can't recall but lower down the UK charts in 1985...now that was a feat...all three had to be physically released and every copy purchased you had to put some effort in to get...times have changed and we should definitely bear that in mind when comparing today's digital charts to those old physical charts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimshakes
                                        I agree, when you see things like when Into The Groove was number one whilst Holiday was number 2 & Crazy for you was errmmm I can't recall but lower down the UK charts in 1985...now that was a feat...all three had to be physically released and every copy purchased you had to put some effort in to get...times have changed and we should definitely bear that in mind when comparing today's digital charts to those old physical charts.
                                        The worst would be useless featuring. But well the world has been living a digital révolution and Madonna was good at it too. She's been there for 3 decades guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChallengeMe
                                          Originally posted by Jimshakes
                                          I agree, when you see things like when Into The Groove was number one whilst Holiday was number 2 & Crazy for you was errmmm I can't recall but lower down the UK charts in 1985...now that was a feat...all three had to be physically released and every copy purchased you had to put some effort in to get...times have changed and we should definitely bear that in mind when comparing today's digital charts to those old physical charts.
                                          The worst would be useless featuring. But well the world has been living a digital révolution and Madonna was good at it too. She's been there for 3 decades guys.
                                          She played the digital game right

Remember all these digital eps during the confessions era!

Love it

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                            Well the album did close to 700,000 units in just 10 countries

US - 238,000
                                            Can - 40,000
                                            UK - 80,000
                                            Germany - 80,000
                                            France - 60,000
                                            Japan - 40,000
                                            Italy - 60,000
                                            Mexico - 30,000
                                            Brazil - 40,000
                                            Australia - 25,000

There are many other countries in the world.
                                            Pretty much everything except for USA and UK is inflated on that list. Besides, shipments are mixed with sales but that's another story. Anyhow over 900,000 SOLD copies worldwide is hardly possible, 800,000 perhaps. Shipments might have reached 900,000 though.

Comment

• Have we seen the IFPI list yet for 2015?

Comment

• According to information from several US Stores "The Immaculate Collection" will be re-issue on COLORED VINYL (2 LP) on January 24th, 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                                                  Have we seen the IFPI list yet for 2015?
                                                  Nope.

Comment

• "Maddy is Queen of everything"

Comment

Working...
                                                    X