Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoirPhoenix
    Roadie
    • 19 Sep 2017

And we need to factor that Rebel Heart is on its way to hit Gold in the US, the album gets stable strong streams weekly and BIM is also a streaming hit (being eligible itself for Gold) so I would say that RH could get to 500k maybe my next year or when the other reissues start to happen and spark interest in her other albums or with the biopic.

Also Frozen remix could also hit Gold by the end of the year if the streams keep stable and it’s been also selling digital, I remember it was at 80k sales before the remixes back in March so it could be around 200k now.

Comment

• MadNuno
      Manager
      • 09 Nov 2020

Originally posted by NoirPhoenix
      And we need to factor that Rebel Heart is on its way to hit Gold in the US, the album gets stable strong streams weekly and BIM is also a streaming hit (being eligible itself for Gold) so I would say that RH could get to 500k maybe my next year or when the other reissues start to happen and spark interest in her other albums or with the biopic.

Also Frozen remix could also hit Gold by the end of the year if the streams keep stable and it’s been also selling digital, I remember it was at 80k sales before the remixes back in March so it could be around 200k now.
      "Rebel Heart" may get to gold by 2025 when Warner re-releases the album with their label and it sells a few more copies.
      I think Bigham put it's SPS at around 400k not long ago and its steady streams are not big enough to sell 100k SPS albums in 3 years in US.

As for "Frozen" remix was at 140/150k back in mid April so it's at 180k at best now but despite all the activations it's slowly decreasing in both sales and streams. Most likely won't get be eligible for gold in 2022 since it was released in early December 2021 but maybe during 2023 it will get there if streams remain steady. We don't know much about what project is this going to be on - we especulate about a "Ray of Light" re-issue but none knows for sure what will happen. Unless a miracle happens don't count for this to get a gold record certification during 2022 in US.
      Last edited by MadNuno; Wed May 25, 2022, 20:12.

Comment

• thebigham
        Legend
        • 16 Aug 2005

5/26/2018 Billboard charts:

Ray of Light

ALBUM SALES: 3,896,998
        ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND AUDIO 4,005,653 - SPS number

11/2021 SPS figure: 4,062,368

It's not eligible for 5xP.

Comment

• Choley
          Manager
          • 24 Sep 2018

Originally posted by thebigham

Ray of Light

That's without club sales though

Comment

• thebigham
            Legend
            • 16 Aug 2005

^Club sales are not 1 million.

Record sales decreased after the year 2000 which is when ROL was certified.

Comment

• AndiIversen
              Legend
              • 18 Mar 2012

Originally posted by Choley

That's without club sales though
              ROL got around 460k units at BMG only up until 2001, we don't know how many were sold at Columbia ( the biggest club at the time) or any other smaller clubs

Comment

• MadNuno
                Manager
                • 09 Nov 2020

Originally posted by AndiIversen

ROL got around 460k units at BMG only up until 2001, we don't know how many were sold at Columbia ( the biggest club at the time) or any other smaller clubs
                That looks promissing. Probably with club sales is near 5 million.Plus let's not forget that by 2000 Soundscan only had 85% os retail shops so there's over 500k sales from shops that didnt reported to soundscan but are taken into account for certifications.

Comment

• MusicGoddess
                  • 13 Mar 2021

Originally posted by AndiIversen

Yes and the others house clube 500 K maybe.

4.9 M only pure album sales.

Ray Of Light 5XP.

Guys do u think than Warner can UPDATE her certifications when she turns 40 years in music industry? Or maybe when she realese her biopic?

Comment

• AndiIversen
                    Legend
                    • 18 Mar 2012

Living for Love ( official music video) hit 37M views on YouTube

Comment

• Forreal
                      Legend
                      • 09 Mar 2020

#DeeperAndDeeper (David's Radio Edit) 2022 #remaster had just been released to streaming platforms as promo for upcoming "#FinallyEnoughLove" in August !!

Let’s stream it !!

Comment

• MDNHAY
                        Personal Assistant
                        • 08 Nov 2021

This is a fab remix. Streaming now thank you for letting me know )

Comment

• MadNuno
                          Manager
                          • 09 Nov 2020

Frozen chart updates (iTunes and Streaming)

Belgium nad Finland appear 2 times on Shazam (probably original + sickick version or 2 different remixes?)

Frozen On Fire
                          iTunes:
                          #9 Argentina
                          #60 Spain

Apple Music:
                          #77 Tajikistan

Comment

• luan
                            • 09 Apr 2021

Comment

• luan
                              • 09 Apr 2021

Top 10 Most Streamed Songs from Big 4 (Madonna, Whitney, Celine & Mariah) - 2 MONTHS

1. AIWFCIY (Mariah Carey) - 1,149,504,172 = +3M

2.I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Whitney Houston) - 796.724.355 = +28M

3. Higher Love (Whitney Houston) - 692.362.986 = +22M

4. I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston) - 478.799.758 = +15M

5. My Heart Will Go On (Celine Dion) - 384,536,352 = +12M

6. We Belong Together (Mariah Carey) - 376,986,799 = +13M

7. I Have Nothing (Whitney Houston) - 309.994.425 = +12M

8. Like a Prayer (Madonna) - 291.348.000 = +13M

9. Material Girl (Madonna) - 286,759,000 = +22M

10. Because You Loved Me (Celine Dion) - 284,671,499 = +10M

Comment

• wowsignal14
                                Roadie
                                • 20 Jan 2022

Originally posted by MadNuno

I think the remix is doing "great" in Turkey for being on iTunes TOP 40 for many non-consecutive days for the past 5 months plus being the #01 Airplay song of the country during the past week for at least 3 consecutive days. Sure i'ts not amanzingly well but certainly seems to be doing good and it's probably one of the TOP 5 worldwide markets for this remix (on sales and airplay).

"Frozen" is not on Spotify TOP 200 daily in Turkey (#200 had 45k streams yesterday).

Not sure how much well streaming does in Turkey as they have 86 million people and these were their numbers yesterday:

#01 Spotify - 557k
                                #50 Spoftify - 108k
                                #100 Spotify - 67k
                                #200 Spotify - 45k

Comparing to Germany that have almost the same population (84 million people):

#01 Spotify - 792k
                                #50 Spotify - 117k
                                #100 Spotify - 84k
                                #200 Spotify - 57k

Looks like Spotify (or can it be streaming?) aren't as strong in Turkey as in Germany (and other countries).
                                that doesn't mean more people are buying songs in Turkey tho, it means the turkish people consume less music than germans. in fact the poorer the country the biggest percentage of streaming over sales it has since it's way less expensive to stream. I assure you way less people are buying songs from iTunes in Turkey than in Germany. that TOP40 spot in iTunes is due to 10-15 sales at MOST.

Comment

• wowsignal14
                                  Roadie
                                  • 20 Jan 2022

Originally posted by NoirPhoenix

Reaching Gold after 7 years of release in the streaming era is anything but a hit

Comment

• wowsignal14
                                    Roadie
                                    • 20 Jan 2022

Ray of Light

according to Chartmasters Ray of Light has 4,900,000 Pure sales in the US as of 2017. considering they're usually conservative with their data i'd say it's definitely eligible for 5 PLAT

Comment

• thebigham
                                      Legend
                                      • 16 Aug 2005

Chartmaster makes a lot of mistakes.

We have never received concrete figures for Columbia.

I hope 5xP happens, but the figures available to us right now, say it is not eligible.

(Maybe all these Frozen remixes will help push it to 5xP?)

They will announce the certs in August for the release of FEL or in October for the 40th anniversary of Everybody.

Comment

• wowsignal14
                                        Roadie
                                        • 20 Jan 2022

Chartmaster makes a lot of mistakes.

We have never received concrete figures for Columbia.

I hope 5xP happens, but the figures available to us right now, say it is not eligible.

(Maybe all these Frozen remixes will help push it to 5xP?)

They will announce the certs in August for the release of FEL or in October for the 40th anniversary of Everybody.
                                        is this speculation or is there concrete proof of upcoming certs

Comment

• Shego
                                          Personal Assistant
                                          • 07 Mar 2015

it's so funny how people always compare who's strongest in streaming, mariah or madonna, while celine and whitney have more streamed songs :
                                          Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                                          Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

Working...