Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coldplay :: The "Music of The Spheres" Era

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fantastic numbers. So happy for them!
    Cha Cha Instructor

    Comment


    • Midweeks UK :

      SINGLES

      4 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe (14.0k)
      19 Coldplay & Selena Gomez - Let Somebody Go *

      Comment


      • Great sales already!
        Too Much Music
        Too Much Music @Facebook
        Too Much Music @Twitter
        Scotland Social League

        Comment


        • Huge sales in the UK!!!

          My Universe: 15.50 (+0.54)
          And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

          Comment


          • Wow finally hope US follow but i think tht punk kid will get #1
            MY PERSONAL CHARTS
            NA NA NA NA OH OH

            Comment


            • Coldplay are kicking off a bumper quarter four schedule in impressive fashion this week, with Music of the Spheres on course to enter the Official Albums Chart at Number

              Over the coming weeks, brand new albums by Adele, Ed Sheeran and ABBA will turn 2021 into the hottest Christmas release line-up for many years - and Coldplay's ninth album has well and truly kicked the season off, after shifting more than 81,000 chart sales over the weekend to lead an all-new Top 6 in today's Official Chart Update.

              As a result, Music of the Spheres has already surpassed the current fastest-selling album of the year, Dave’s We’re All Alone In This Together, which amassed 74,000 chart sales in its opening week in July.

              It is also on course to become the first album to surpass 100,000 chart sales in a week since Ed Sheeran’s No. 6 Collaborations project sold 125,000 in July 2019. The last time an album topped 80,000 chart sales in a week was Coldplay’s previous studio album Everyday Life, totalling just under 81,000 chart sales in November 2019.

              Music… is set to be Coldplay’s ninth Number 1 album, extending their unbroken run of chart-topping studio albums, in order - Parachutes (2000), A Rush of Blood to the Head (2002), X&Y (2005), Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends (2008), Mylo Xyloto (2011), Ghost Stories (2014), A Head Full of Dreams (2015) and Everyday Life (2019).

              Source: Official Charts Company
              Coldplay
              Keane
              Muse

              Comment


              • WOW, the album is aleady outdoing 'Everyday Life's opening with just half of the week being over.
                Pro: freedom of speech
                Contra: cancel culture

                Comment


                • Comment


                  • Comment


                    • https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=...R-IS-A-FIGHTER

                      Tuesday, October 19, 2021

                      TOP 20: LOVER IS A FIGHTER


                      Young Thug’s Punk (Atlantic) and Drake’s Certified Lover Boy (OVO/Republic) appear to be in a dead heat for #1 this week. We’re giving Punk a slight edge today, but the race could easily go the other way. Should Drake log another week at #1, UMG's2021 tally of weeks atop the chart will reach 36. This would tie the streaming-era record set by label group last year. In the run-up to her new album, Adele’s 25 vaults back into the Top 20 this week. Look for her 21 to appear on our Top 50 as well. Mac Miller, The Beatles and Coldplay look to be headed for Top 5 debuts.


                      Comment


                      • Hope it increases theyve really fallen off in US
                        MY PERSONAL CHARTS
                        NA NA NA NA OH OH

                        Comment


                        • Wow that’s low in the US, in Mexico they are big and just sold out 4 stadium dates for April.

                          Comment


                          • Not that surprised.
                            I feel like they lost some of their mainstream appeal after Ghost Stories/A Head Full of Dreams.

                            Comment


                            • My Universe: 15.84 (+0.34)
                              And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

                              Comment


                              • German Midweek Charts

                                25 (43) My Universe
                                62 (96) Higher Power
                                65 (NEW) Let Somebody Go

                                2 (NEW) Music Of The Spheres

                                Unfortunately, they released in the same week as Helene Fischer, so they won't be #1 in all German speaking charts.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                  German Midweek Charts

                                  25 (43) My Universe
                                  62 (96) Higher Power
                                  65 (NEW) Let Somebody Go

                                  2 (NEW) Music Of The Spheres

                                  Unfortunately, they released in the same week as Helene Fischer, so they won't be #1 in all German speaking charts.
                                  Oh bad news

                                  Coldplay
                                  Keane
                                  Muse

                                  Comment


                                  • Japan (Oricon): #13 - 5,926 sales
                                    Coldplay
                                    Keane
                                    Muse

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                      Unfortunately, they released in the same week as Helene Fischer, so they won't be #1 in all German speaking charts.
                                      It's still a better result than the last two albums ;) .
                                      Pro: freedom of speech
                                      Contra: cancel culture

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Loki0012 View Post
                                        Hope it increases theyve really fallen off in US
                                        Coldplay should change their US label 'Atlantic Records'. i know Atlantic records have biggest acts like Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars.. But Atlantic Records can't promote Coldplay. In 2013 Coldplay transferred from Capitol Records to Atlantic Records due to EMI sales. Coldplay is now well-known acts. US always been Coldplay's largest market country.
                                        In 2014, Coldplay's first record 'Ghost Stories' released through Atlantic Records. Actually this is only good thing Atlantic Record has ever done to Coldplay. Ghost Stories sold 383,000 copies in 1st week. And they stayed at #1 again next week. But next releases A Head Full of Dreams, Everyday Life are messed up.

                                        "Music of the Spheres"'s 1st single "Higher Power" released 5 months ago. album has announced like 3 months ago. Where's pre-sales orders???

                                        Music of the Spheres album includes BTS and Selena Gomez, so this album must be successful in US. i was waiting at least 100k sales. But can't even reach 50k.

                                        Coldplay
                                        Keane
                                        Muse

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                                          It's still a better result than the last two albums ;) .
                                          In Germany, yes.

                                          It's going to be their first proper studio album to miss out the #1 since their debut in Switzerland though.

                                          Comment


                                          • Yes, I remember how even their 'flop' album 'Everyday Life' spent two weeks at No. 1 in Switzerland. But then again, it's close to impossible for international acts to release new albums without the risk of them getting blocked in any country by other international acts or of course national acts (In this case, Helene Fischer.).
                                            Pro: freedom of speech
                                            Contra: cancel culture

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by esambuu View Post

                                              Coldplay should change their US label 'Atlantic Records'. i know Atlantic records have biggest acts like Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars.. But Atlantic Records can't promote Coldplay. In 2013 Coldplay transferred from Capitol Records to Atlantic Records due to EMI sales. Coldplay is now well-known acts. US always been Coldplay's largest market country.
                                              In 2014, Coldplay's first record 'Ghost Stories' released through Atlantic Records. Actually this is only good thing Atlantic Record has ever done to Coldplay. Ghost Stories sold 383,000 copies in 1st week. And they stayed at #1 again next week. But next releases A Head Full of Dreams, Everyday Life are messed up.

                                              "Music of the Spheres"'s 1st single "Higher Power" released 5 months ago. album has announced like 3 months ago. Where's pre-sales orders???

                                              Music of the Spheres album includes BTS and Selena Gomez, so this album must be successful in US. i was waiting at least 100k sales. But can't even reach 50k.
                                              Dunno how much power they have in that decision. Even if they were somehow moved from that label, they would be moved to another Warner-owned label since they recently re-signed with Warner Music Group, so they're happy with them.

                                              Comment


                                              • My Universe: 16.13 (+0.29)

                                                Aaaand for today's lesson, let's talk about what a slow burner hit is. (I hope)
                                                And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

                                                Comment


                                                • Didn't their previous albums had ticket bundles? This one didn't have so i think they are doing fine in US as well.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Marketing team aint doing good esp in US. A huge act getting top 5 with 43k only is an embarassment. They arent doing something right. With all the promo in US and still lead to sales that older released albums can even top.
                                                    MY PERSONAL CHARTS
                                                    NA NA NA NA OH OH

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X