• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by coddiecollins View Post

Plus has the backstreet boys support
    Good point. It is the first song that appears in the playlists Backstreet Boys Essentials, and Backstreet Boys - The Complete Collection on their Spotify page.

Leave a comment:

• coddiecollins
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

The fact that it is the first song on her this is playlist is definitely contributing. I use those a lot when I dont really know what I want to listen to. Smart of them to put it there as the first song.It is also the first song in her Britney Spears - Complete Collection Playlist, Followed by Swimming in the Stars and Mood Ring!
    Plus has the backstreet boys support

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by ksg22 View Post

Ya it's nice to see a newer song not totally tanking. Especially because lots of people are checking for Britney right now, they might notice that Glory was re-released (or notice Glory at all for the first time haha). I actually think Matches being at the top of the "This is: Britney Spears" playlist is probably getting it quite a few plays. Most people who use spotify know that the "This Is" playlists are the best for greatest hits, and the buzz around Britney will bring people there.

FYi, Matches does have some play listing. It's been on the top half of the "Pop All Day" list since its release. That is a small playlist tho with only 460k followers.
    The fact that it is the first song on her this is playlist is definitely contributing. I use those a lot when I dont really know what I want to listen to. Smart of them to put it there as the first song.It is also the first song in her Britney Spears - Complete Collection Playlist, Followed by Swimming in the Stars and Mood Ring!
    Last edited by InFamous; Wed March 3, 2021, 23:29.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Instinct View Post
    Looks like Gimme More has surpassed Womanizer for good!
    It’s incredible the way “Gimme More” escalated that much .... If it continues increasing like that it’ll get close to “Baby One More Time” updates.

Leave a comment:

• ksg22
    replied
    3 months later, Matches is still pulling solid numbers with 0 playlisting whatsoever

Ya it's nice to see a newer song not totally tanking. Especially because lots of people are checking for Britney right now, they might notice that Glory was re-released (or notice Glory at all for the first time haha). I actually think Matches being at the top of the "This is: Britney Spears" playlist is probably getting it quite a few plays. Most people who use spotify know that the "This Is" playlists are the best for greatest hits, and the buzz around Britney will bring people there.

FYi, Matches does have some play listing. It's been on the top half of the "Pop All Day" list since its release. That is a small playlist tho with only 460k followers.

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    3 months later, Matches is still pulling solid numbers with 0 playlisting whatsoever

Leave a comment:

• coddiecollins
    replied

I'm glad about gimme more....needs the recognition it gets ..

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    For the first time in her career excluding holidays, Britney has reached 20 MILLION monthly listeners on Spotify

Leave a comment:

• heyoverthere
    replied
    According to this, "Britney" sold 250K copies in Spain as of March 2002

https://www.abc.es/estilo/gente/abci...4_noticia.html

ChartMasters has it at 150K as of 2019. Combine that with the fact it had sold 500K in France by September 2002 while ChartMasters has it at 425K, and that's nearly 200K sales missing, assuming it has sold 0 copies since then.

That's great! Maybe we should send Chartmasters these receipts and they might use them for Britney's next sales update.

Leave a comment:

• Enzolorenzo
    replied
    The Singles Collection is #76 in the UK midweeks

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Anyway... Britney’s videos are currently being updated to HD on her official channel.
    They did a terrible job with "3". Looks like they used the free trial of Remini for a sec. But I'll stop complaining I haven’t seen the others yet.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Anyway... Britney’s videos are currently being updated to HD on her official channel.
    Great news. Hope this gives a big boost to her views.

Leave a comment:

• coddiecollins
    replied
    Why so much anger lately.. anyone can express their opinion..not a big deal...

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Do any other countries automatically certify ?
    Look it up for yourself ... we’re not the google service here in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Yeah that's true. I'm only really posting about it because it goes to show how undercertified she really is even without taking streaming into account (again, assuming the numbers are accurate). Also as much as I appreciate ChartMasters, they really do underestimate her sales sometimes.
    It is a shame that certifications are not automatic in every country like the UK. Do any other countries automatically certify ?

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Lol nothing wrong. It’s harmless.

Anyways, Instinct who cares how much the album sold (or didn’t sell) in pure sales? .. speaking of pure sales in 2021 feels pointless and dated knowing that most countries include streaming numbers in their certification’s criteria these days.... so “Britney” (album) might be even higher than those old pure sales numbers from those articles when we consider the addition of the streaming units to keep on with the current trends and times.
    Yeah that's true. I'm only really posting about it because it goes to show how undercertified she really is even without taking streaming into account (again, assuming the numbers are accurate). Also as much as I appreciate ChartMasters, they really do underestimate her sales sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Thank you I'm not even claiming that's 100% accurate (except for the French numbers, which come straight from her record label). I have no problem when someone proves me wrong as long as they receipts or at least some good reasoning. They have yet to contribute anything and that's the issue.

What's wrong with posting an article stating x album sold x amount? Is that not the point of this thread?
    Lol nothing wrong. It’s harmless.

Anyways, Instinct who cares how much the album sold (or didn’t sell) in pure sales? .. speaking of pure sales in 2021 feels pointless and dated knowing that most countries include streaming numbers in their certification’s criteria these days.... so “Britney” (album) might be even higher than those old pure sales numbers from those articles when we consider the addition of the streaming units to keep on with the current trends and times.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    That was clearly referring to 100 million records (including physical singles, DVDs, digital tracks, etc).

These are not my numbers? I don't work for Britney's record label nor do I write for ABC.es. It's very transparent how you only ever come into this thread to question every single thing that's posted.
    The Janet article said albums specifically. Nothing else. Albums.

Well that is not remotely true. Just the other day I posted about her amazing streaming and how it had revived her catalogue WW and i remember posting about how great it was to see My Only wish be certified Silver in the UK.

Also you can post whatever article you want, I simply said it is not an actual source, which it isnt. My intention was not to "prove you wrong"
    Last edited by InFamous; Wed March 3, 2021, 03:49.

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Instinct is a great poster and chart expert who can easily tolerate someone questioning Britney’s numbers as long as the other poster questioning the numbers is someone ... smart LOL

... or at least someone that can generate an interesting debate instead of non-sense fights.
    Thank you I'm not even claiming that's 100% accurate (except for the French numbers, which come straight from her record label). I have no problem when someone proves me wrong as long as they receipts or at least some good reasoning. They have yet to contribute anything and that's the issue.

What's wrong with posting an article stating x album sold x amount? Is that not the point of this thread?

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    These are not my numbers?
    ... Exactly

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied

Please. A record label exec once claimed that Janet Jackson had sales of 100 million albums. I am sure no one was writing her a cheque for royalties. So I doubt it a figure on a flyer actually counts as an "official statement". Also I thought we were just having a discussion. You really cannot handly anyone questioning your numbers.
    That was clearly referring to 100 million records (including physical singles, DVDs, digital tracks, etc).

These are not my numbers? I don't work for Britney's record label nor do I write for ABC.es. It's very transparent how you only ever come into this thread to question every single thing that's posted.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Instinct is a great poster and chart expert who can easily tolerate someone questioning Britney’s numbers as long as the other poster questioning the numbers is someone ... smart LOL

... or at least someone that can generate an interesting debate instead of non-sense fights.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    You do realize they can't do that, right? Every time a label makes an official statement about record sales, they will have to pay the related artist royalties accordingly. Thanks for proving once again you know nothing about the music industry and are just looking to argue.
    Please. A record label exec once claimed that Janet Jackson had sales of 100 million albums. I am sure no one was writing her a cheque for royalties. So I doubt it a figure on a flyer actually counts as an "official statement". Also I thought we were just having a discussion. You really cannot handly anyone questioning your numbers.
    Last edited by InFamous; Wed March 3, 2021, 03:36.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X