Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG!!!!!!!

Instinct, when you calculate the average price, you should use the weighted average method, not the arithmetic average method.

After all, the lowest price tickets is much more.

Comment

• All three shows in Japan were sold out:

Manila was sold out and they kept adding new seats/sections due to high demand:

Bangkok sold out in 45 minutes and they had to add a second show which also ended up selling out:

Hong Kong sold out in a few hours:

But pictures say more than a thousand words...

Tokyo:

Osaka:

Manila:

Bangkok:

Hong Kong:

Videos:
      https://twitter.com/jeau4B/status/870958461844037640
      https://twitter.com/BritsAsianArmy/stat ... 1274147841
      https://twitter.com/BritsAsianArmy/stat ... 3747577857
      https://twitter.com/emailmypussy/status ... 2463581184

52,000 attendance for 9 shows = 5,700 per show. All of these arenas hold no less than 10-15k people, and they don't look half empty to me.

Comment

• I like the way that someone like Wayn state that Asian tour has average 5k people a show by believing the source that may have not accurate.

I know Britney can bring some interesting for them.

The tour may not high (grossing) as instinct expected but no way that the attendance will be low just average 5k a show.

I can't belive we have people like Wayne (who we thought he's a good member) so bias here.

Comment

• I'm aware that the numbers are not that high. But still, definitely not $7 million from 9 shows. And definitely not 5k audience per show.

Comment

• Originally posted by weare
            I like the way that someone like Wayn state that Asian tour has average 5k people a show by believing the source that may have not accurate.

The tour may not high (grossing) as instinct expected but no way that the attendance will be low just average 5k a show.

I can't belive we have people like Wayne (who we thought he's a good member) so bias here.
            At the very end of my post, I said "seriously though" - I thought you would've picked up on the sarcasm.

Agreed with Instinct that there's something off with the numbers - it'd make sense if the total shows didn't add up but they do. I suppose we'll have to wait for the second half year numbers.

Comment

• Bangkok attendance: 21,000+ (10,739 tickets available/put on sale, sold out)
              Tokyo attendance: 26,000 (13,000 capacity, sold out)
              Hong Kong attendance: 16,000 (16,000 capacity, sold out)

= 63,000. Pollstar says she had 52,000 attendance from 9 shows, so this means Osaka, Manila, Seoul, and Taipei had negative attendance as you can see from the pictures above. Slay, Pollstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                Originally posted by weare
                I like the way that someone like Wayn state that Asian tour has average 5k people a show by believing the source that may have not accurate.

At the very end of my post, I said "seriously though" - I thought you would've picked up on the sarcasm.

Agreed with Instinct that there's something off with the numbers - it'd make sense if the total shows didn't add up but they do. I suppose we'll have to wait for the second half year numbers.

Your post since last page said it all.

Comment

• I don't get what you're trying to say?

Comment

• Come thru Britney.

Not much of a fan, but she still got numbers.
                    Diva!!!

Comment

I don't get what you're trying to say?
                      You doubted Asia's tour attendance numbers and even made a calculation that showed average of 5K per show for Asia tour when you shouldnt have because you know that it is unbelieveable?

Even with the not sold out Singapore date would gross over 1M due to the overpriced tickets.

Anyway, we should ignore that pollstar report because it is going to make any damage. Anyway, they will be slapped in the face when Billboard releases those boxscores. We just have to wait and see.

Comment

• I didn't make a calculation - I worked out what the Pollstar figures represented.

Are you Bney?

Comment

I didn't make a calculation - I worked out what the Pollstar figures represented.

Are you Bney?
                          Oh come on!!! Everyone been knew I am Bney. Noah, Mr.Leonix and even Instinct but some of them just didnt say it. Anyway, why are you asking this? I expected more from you. I mean it is you of all those mods

Comment

• I am far from a Britney fan, but Pollstar has showed flaws multiple times. The same thing happened to Anti Tour. Like, there is no way that Rihanna only made $20 million from European dates when most of them were stadiums with big crowds. They were proven wrong for Diamonds World Tour receipts when Billboard announced its grosses. WE know that Brit made more than that.

Comment

Are you Bney?
                              Yes he is.
                              Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• And even he is, that user was never vile or arrogant to other users unlike Wayne. The reason he was banned is because he had been obsessing over Britney and that Hunter guy. Wow, such a big deal. Wayne called him a filthy hoe today, I saw it and the poor thing doesn't have enough courage to stand behind his words, so he ended up deleting his comment and what I wrote about him. When I said to Timmy Hoe hush once, I was banned for a week or 10 days, can't remember correctly. I hate injustice and will always fight against it. Just because you are a mod doesn't give you right to behave the way he does.

Comment

• Originally posted by duxi91
                                  And even he is, that user was never vile or arrogant to other users unlike Wayne. The reason he was banned is because he had been obsessing over Britney and that Hunter guy. Wow, such a big deal. Wayne called him a filthy hoe today, I saw it and the poor thing doesn't have enough courage to stand behind his words, so he ended up deleting his comment and what I wrote about him. When I said to Timmy Hoe hush once, I was banned for a week or 10 days, can't remember correctly. I hate injustice and will always fight against it. Just because you are a mod doesn't give you right to behave the way he does.
                                  Stop going off topic in here.
                                  Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Let's just ban Bney and move on!
                                    "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh
                                      Let's just ban Bney and move on!
                                      +1

Comment

• Bney has been banned.

duxi91 - you've made your point. I removed my post as I realise that I shouldn't have made it. I also allowed your personal insult to stand. As far as I'm concerned, we're quits. Now move on.

Comment

• According to "Music & Media" (Europe's equivalent of Billboard Magazine), Britney was the top female artist in Europe in 2000.

The year's best sellers by category

Britney ended the year 2000 as
                                          -The biggest female album artist
                                          -The biggest female singles artist
                                          -The biggest singles artist overall

Additionally, "Oops!... I Did It Again" was the 3rd biggest album of 2000 (biggest female album) and "Oops!... I Did It Again" was the 7th biggest song of 2000 (2nd biggest female song). "Born To Make You Happy", "Lucky", and "(You Drive Me) Crazy" were the 17th, 23th, and 67th biggest songs of 2000, respectively. "(You Drive Me) Crazy" was so huge it made two year-end charts (1999 and 2000, at #10 and #67).

Britney also dominated the European charts in 1999, finishing the year as the biggest singles artist. "...Baby One More Time", "(You Drive Me) Crazy", and "Sometimes" were the 3rd, 10th, and 37th biggest songs of the year, respectively.

"...Baby One More Time" was the 5th biggest album of 1999 (+ the 22nd biggest album of 2000). Britney was the 6th biggest album artist.

Basically, Britney was the biggest hit maker in Europe in 1999 and 2000. Pretty cool. I'll see what else I can find as the 2001-2004 issues are being scanned/uploaded at the moment.

Check out the issues here:
                                          http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Music-and-Media.htm

Comment

• Have you extrapolated her album chart runs on the "European albums chart" as displayed by Music&Media magazine yet?

Comment

• European Top 100 Albums

...Baby One More Time: #2 / 30 weeks Top 10/69 wks+
                                              (13/03/1999): 96-40-6-3-3-2-2-3-6-7-9-11-10-8-7-8-7-7-7-9-9-10-10-10-11-11-14-13-15-14-15-14-18-16-15-18-21-22-24-22-18-15-14-9-7-7-5-5-4-4-4-9-11-17-16-21-26-38-41-39-35-32-38-35-47-54-61-89-90

Oops!... I Did It Again: #1 (2 weeks) / 22 weeks Top 10/31 wks+ *incomplete*
                                              (27/05/2000): 82-1-1-2-2-3-2-4-4-6-5-4-3-2-2-3-7-6-6-6-7-9-10-13-19-15-21-25-21-17-16

Oops!... I Did It Again's chart run is incomplete as it goes up to December 23, 2000 and 2001 hasn't been uploaded yet.

Btw, I found this while browsing "Music & Media" issues:

"...Baby One More Time" sold 11,000,000 singles in 1999 alone, but MJD estimates the following numbers (9,730,000 in total). :-?

…Baby One More Time – 5,330,000
                                              (You Drive Me) Crazy – 1,390,000
                                              Sometimes – 1,120,000
                                              Born To Make You Happy – 1,030,000
                                              From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart – 860,000

Comment

• According to MjDangerous this is Britney's performance in Europe compared to a couple of main peers.

I'm only posting their most successful albums (+1million sellers):

*All numbers estimated by MJD

1. Baby one more time - Britney Spears - 4,865,000
                                                2. Oops I did it again - Britney Spears - 4,430,000
                                                3. Stripped - Christina Aguilera - 3,280,000
                                                4. Dangerously in love - Beyonce - 2,730,000
                                                5. I am Sasha Fierce - Beyonce - 2,710,000
                                                6. Greatest hits: My Prerogative - Britney Spears - 2,175,000
                                                7. Britney - Britney Spears - 2,170,000
                                                8. In the zone - Britney Spears - 1,615,000
                                                9. Back to basics - Christina Aguilera - 1,390,000
                                                10. B'day - Beyonce - 1,240,000
                                                11. Christina Aguilera - Christina Aguilera - 1,220,000
                                                12. Circus - Britney Spears - 1,010,000
                                                13. Beyonce - Beyonce - 1,010,000
                                                14. 4 - Beyonce - 1,010,000

* Albums that were not posted in the list sold bellow the 1m mark in Europe

-

Spears had the biggest peak among the, in Europe and was the only of them to score a +4million selling album, overall she scored two +4m sellers.

Other stats:

+2m sellers in Europe:

* Britney = 4
                                                * Beyonce = 2
                                                * Christina = 1

+1m sellers in Europe:

* Britney = 6
                                                * Beyonce = 5
                                                * Christina = 3

Comment

• Overall Britney had the biggest peak in Europe among her main / prominent direct peers:

Biggest seller in Europe:

1. Baby one more time - Britney Spears - 4,8 million (MJD estimation)
                                                  2. M!ssundaztood - P!nk - 3,8 million (My personal estimation)
                                                  3. Stripped - Christina Aguilera - 3,2 million (MJD estimation)
                                                  4. Dangerously in love - Beyonce - 2,7 million (MJD estimation)
                                                  5. J.Lo - Jennifer Lopez - 1,7 million (My personal estimation)

Comment

• Billboard has revealed a list of the moments that have defined the 10s decade in music (so far) and "Hold it against me" was one of those defining moments recognizing its impact in the music industry:

The 75 Moments That Defined the Decade in Music (So Far)

January 29, 2011: Britney Spears' "Hold It Against Me" debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100
                                                    Britney Spears' Femme Fatale lead single, helmed by the early-'10s dream team of Max Martin, Dr. Luke, and Bonnie McKee, immediately returned the pop legend to the top of the charts with her first release of the new decade. But the success of "Hold It Against Me" would have implications well beyond the artists involved: The song was one of the first major hits to employ a dubstep breakdown, establishing the largely underground EDM phenomenon within the pop mainstream. Soon, smashes by Justin Bieber, Flo Rida and JAY-Z and Kanye West would drop down the rabbit hole after Britney. -- A.U.
                                                    Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... decade-10s

-

In honor of "Hold it against me" placement in the list I'm remembering the impactful single today:

"Hold it against me" served as Spears' 7th studio album lead single and it broke records upon release, today still remains as one of the biggest debuts of all time on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and on Digital songs. The song sold over 411,000 units on first week and was one of the most hyped singles of 2011.

Overall "Hold it against me" reached the Top 10 in almost 20 countries and hit #1 in US, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland and New Zealand charts.

Australia #4
                                                    Belgium F #2
                                                    Belgium W #1
                                                    Canada #1
                                                    Denmark #1
                                                    Finland #1
                                                    Ireland #5
                                                    Israel #7
                                                    Italy #2
                                                    Japan #8
                                                    New Zealand #1
                                                    Norway #2
                                                    Scotland #4
                                                    Spain #6
                                                    Switzerland #7
                                                    Sweden #9
                                                    UK #6
                                                    USA #1

The song was an airplay hit and reached the Top 5 on Radio songs in US and Top 3 on Pop Radio and it was additionally a #1 club hit.

According to 'MjDangerous' "Hold it against me" has sold close to 4 million units (pure sales) around the globe, and its chart's impact is now recognized by Billboard for being one of the defining moments of the 10s decade in music (so far) in helping to pave the way for dubstep and EDM in the mainstream music scene (complaints to Billboard, thanks).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X