Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nympho
    ^
    In brackets the difference with the previous “Ask Britney” from July 2016, before the release of Glory.

10.6 million, …Baby One More Time; (=)
    9.2 million, Oops…I Did It Again; (=)
    4.4 million, Britney; (=)
    3 million, In the Zone; (=)
    1.8 million, Greatest Hits: My Prerogative; (+300k)
    1.7 million, Circus; (=)
    1 million, Blackout; (=)
    803,000, Femme Fatale; (7k)
    276,000, Britney Jean; (4k)
    266,000, The Singles Collection; (6k)
    161,000, Playlist: The Very Best of Britney Spears;
    154,000, Glory;
    138,000, B in the Mix: The Remixes;
    55,000, The Essential Britney Spears;
    30,000, B in the Mix: The Remixes: Vol. 2

I see something wrong with the numbers, though.

“Spears has sold 33.6 million albums in the U.S. and ranks as the 18th-best selling album artist in the Nielsen era.”

In the 2016 article they said:

“With 33.4 million albums sold in the U.S., Spears is the 17th-best-selling album artist since Nielsen began tracking sales in 1991.”

So the overall album sales increase is 200k despite Glory selling 155k and they claiming GH: MP went from 1.5M to 1.8M? :-?

#100 on Catalog Albums Sales YEC sold 50k this year and around 60k last year.
    GH: MP has not charted in top 100 Catalog albums YEC neither in 2016, nor in 2017 nor in 2018.
    It seems really unlikely that it has moved 300k then in 2 years and a half.

Probably the 1.5 million was wrong then or the 1.8 million is wrong now.

Edit: We got the exact figures on 25 May 2018:
    ALBUM SALES: 1,565,395

So, yes, the 1.8 M is wrong. It should be 1.6
    Now we still don’t have a number for ”Oops!...I Did It Again: The Best Of“. I mean I know it wasn’t released in the US but it must‘ve sold something through imports, right?
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• So with the Club Sales:

Studio Albums/Compilations: 39,875,000
      Remixes: 168,000
      Minor Compilations: 266,000

Total Pure Sales: 40,309,000

+ another 120-150,000 from box sets and other releases.

Comment

• Re: Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

So, this update discredited those leaked sales from last May.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen
          Who knows? . . . but if that's the case then every leak for every artist would get discredited, not just Britney's.
          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by matheusbelmont
            So with the Club Sales:

Studio Albums/Compilations: 39,875,000
            Remixes: 168,000
            Minor Compilations: 266,000

Total Pure Sales: 40,309,000

+ another 120-150,000 from box sets and other releases.
            What's the "Minor Compilations" number represent? Could that explain the differential of 200-300k between the GH:MP numbers we have? (maybe Billboard or Soundscan have combined the numbers at some point?).

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen
              ???

Leaked:
              In the Zone
              ALBUM SALES: 3,036,780

Billboard:
              3 million, In the Zone;

Leaked:
              Britney Jean
              ALBUM SALES: 275,422

Billboard:
              276,000, Britney Jean

Leaked:
              Glory
              ALBUM SALES: 152,616

Billboard:
              154,000, Glory

Leaked:
              Baby One More Time
              ALBUM SALES: 10,636,724

Billboard:
              10.6 million, …Baby One More Time;

Leaked:
              Greatest Hits: My Prerogative
              ALBUM SALES: 1,565,395

Billboard:
              1.8 million, Greatest Hits: My Prerogative

How does this disacredit those leaks?

All numbers match except for GH:MP and, as I already explained before in this page, that Billboard number is clearly wrong as it should be 1.6M.

It has only climbed from 33.4 million to 33.6 million album sales since 2016 according to Billboard and Glory alone accounts for 154k of those 200k... GH:MP cannot have sold 300k more then since last update. It's at 1.6M.

Comment

• How much has Glory sold worldwide/

Comment

• Originally posted by BritneyFatale
                  How much has Glory sold worldwide/
                  I think it’s about 400k pure and 800k sps

Comment

• Thanks to such acts as Britney Spears, Twenty One Pilots and Guns N’ Roses, along with soundtracks from the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise -- which boasts the year’s top two sellers -- and Netflix’s Stranger Things series, cassette tape album sales in the U.S. grew by 23 percent in 2018.

According to Nielsen Music, cassette album sales climbed from 178,000 in 2017 to 219,000 copies in 2018. While that’s a small number compared to the overall album market (141 million copies sold in 2018), that’s a sizable number for a once-dead format. In 2014, for example, cassette album sales numbered just 50,000. But, 20 years before that, back in 1994, when cassettes were still very much a hot-selling format, there were 246 million cassette albums sold that year, of an overall 615 million albums.

Cassette album releases in 2018 are still a very niche offering, with most significant titles limited to specialty reissues and unique projects. Among the top 10 selling cassette albums (see list, below) were Twenty One Pilots’ new studio album, Trench, and a reissue of Britney Spears’ debut album, …Baby One More Time.

Spears’ …Baby One More Time sold 4,000 cassette copies and was the No. 5 biggest seller. It was reissued on cassette for its 20th anniversary, exclusive to Target stores, as a pink-colored cassette. Spears’ …Baby One More Time was originally released in January of 1999 on CD and cassette. Of the album’s 10.6 million copies sold to date, 1.49 million are on cassette. The album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, and the set's title track became Spears' first No. 1 single on the Billboard Hot 100.

TOP 10 SELLING CASSETTE ALBUMS OF 2018 IN U.S.
                    Rank Artist, Title Sales
                    1 Soundtrack, Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1 24,000
                    2 Soundtrack, Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2: Awesome Mix Vol. 2 19,000
                    3 Twenty One Pilots, Trench 7,000
                    4 Soundtrack, Stranger Things: Music From the Netflix Original Series 5,000
                    5 Britney Spears, …Baby One More Time 4,000
                    6 Soundtrack, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Mix, Vol. 1 3,000
                    7 Guns N' Roses, Appetite for Destruction 3,000
                    8 Metallica, The $5.98 EP: Garage Days Re-Revisited 3,000
                    9 Elvis Presley, Where No One Stands Alone 2,000
                    10 Wu-Tang Clan, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) 2,000
                    Source: Nielsen Music, for the tracking period Dec. 29, 2017 through Jan. 3, 2019. (Titles listed with the same sales total are not tied, as their exact sales are rounded to the nearest thousand.)
                    https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... one-pilots

The cassette sales are SUPER impressive for it being THAT late in the '90s

Comment

• 4k cassette sales in 2018 is a very nice amount! Especially since it's a Target exclusive. I wonder how much the vinyl has sold.

Comment

• I hate how Soundscan completely ignores (club) album sales prior to their tracking year. So annoying.

That said what are the debut’s sales?
                        we will rise to meet the challenge every time

Comment

• Amazing!

So the album must’ve sold around 10,000+ in the US last year, right? I mean 4,000 from the cassette, streaming and two vinyls were released.
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Her team should really considering updating her RIAA certifications!
                            Should look something like this:

...Baby One More Time 15xPlatin
                            Oops!... I Did It Again 11xPlatin
                            Britney 5xPlatin
                            In The Zone 4xPlatin
                            Greatest Hits: My Prerogative 2xPlatin
                            Circus 2xPlatin
                            The Single Collection Gold

Comment

• "Greatest Hits: My Prerogative" has surpassed 1 billion streams on Spotify, making it one of the most streamed compilation albums in history!

Comment

• Originally posted by SCHoli
                                Her team should really considering updating her RIAA certifications!

Britney 5xPlatin
                                In The Zone 4xPlatin
                                Circus 2xPlatin
                                Baby One More Time would be nowhere near 15x Platinum, it's over certified at 14x Platinum

Britney Jean should be Gold by now though shouldn't it?, they will probably do that when her next album is released.

Comment

If it sold a similar amount at Columbia Music House as it did at BMG, its certification of 14x platinum is probably about bang on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                                    If it sold a similar amount at Columbia Music House as it did at BMG, its certification of 14x platinum is probably about bang on.
                                    Do you know if Columbia Music House ever released sales stats for albums?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15
                                      Originally posted by SCHoli
                                      Her team should really considering updating her RIAA certifications!

Britney 5xPlatin
                                      In The Zone 4xPlatin
                                      Circus 2xPlatin
                                      Baby One More Time would be nowhere near 15x Platinum, it's over certified at 14x Platinum

Britney Jean should be Gold by now though shouldn't it?, they will probably do that when her next album is released.
                                      Britney Jean was certified Gold a year ago...

Comment

• I knew it was able to be, didn't think her label had bothered to do it yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15
                                          Originally posted by Wayne
                                          Do you know if Columbia Music House ever released sales stats for albums?
                                          Nope, nothing - you can potentially make educated guesses based on certification dates for older albums, but otherwise we’re pretty much in the dark when it comes to Columbia.

Comment

• BOMT being overcertified is another stan myth. Trust me, there aren’t 2 million copies of BOMT collecting dust at U.S. stores in the year 2019. We do know for a fact the album was heavily advertised at Columbia Music House, and that was a bigger club than Sony BMG where it sold 1.6 million.

It’s most certainly not eligible for 15x Platinum tho, but streaming will probably take it there in a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears
                                              "Greatest Hits: My Prerogative" has surpassed 1 billion streams on Spotify, making it one of the most streamed compilation albums in history!
                                              If you count the streams for my prero then you cannot count them for the album..is that correct?

Comment

• BCharts posted an analysis of Britney's touring career

Full post: http://www.bcharts.net/topic/176-boxsco ... t=13807227

Comment

• YOUTUBE

About to hit new milestones:

Scream & Shout - 699,630,312 views

Work Bitch - 298,513,286 views

Lucky - 98,563,890 views
                                                  Criminal - 96,556,286 views
                                                  I'm Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman - 95,375,615 views
                                                  Stronger - 91,664,352 views
                                                  Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• [youtube:13s3ymc0]kYtGl1dX5qI[/youtube:13s3ymc0]

700,000,000 views.

YouTube: 700,000,000
                                                    Spotify: 260,000,000+
                                                    = 960,000,000

Comment

• ^ so cool

Kworb now predicts Scream & Shout will hit 800 million in 05/10/2020, which is not bad. I can totally see the video hitting 1 billion views in 4 or 5 years.
                                                      Britney - Poppy - Mariah - Lana - Gaga - Bjork

Comment

• About to hit new milestones on Spotify too.

...Baby One More Time 190.771.269

Make Me... 97.975.296

MM daily streams are terrible though, but I hope it can get to 100 million streams by May/June

btw, another interesting fact. Liar recently surpassed 7 million streams on spotify. That makes 11/17 (only 5 of them being singles or promo singles and 6 being tracks) from Glory that hit this number. Really impressive comparing to her other albums that usually only have one or two standard tracks with over 7 million plays.
                                                        Britney - Poppy - Mariah - Lana - Gaga - Bjork

Comment

• Make Me will reach 100 million by March or April

Comment

• "Make Me" is already over 100m on Spotify including remixes tho.

Comment

it is no surprising Glory gets a lot of streams, it is newest among her albums.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X