No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah one thing I noticed about "Femme Fatale" was the airplay / radio success of the era and it seems like it was the case in many regions, the songs were receiving massive airplay not only in North America but also in Latin America, Russia, France, Spain and many countries.

It easily kicks both "Circus" and "Blackout" on the airplay department. Could it be one of her best eras on Radio globally?
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Circus:

- 7,1million CPSC units
        - 300 million streams (Spotify)
        - #1 global hit ("Womanizer")
        - Two +6million selling singles - pure sales ("Womanizer" and "Circus")
        - 6th Best selling album of 2009 in the USA
        - $132 million grossing tour (One of the biggest female tours of the entire 2000s decade)
        - +23million records sold

--

Not bad for a 6th studio album
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Circus was indeed a great era, it was my first time watching her live and I will treasure that year forever. To be honest, almost every Britney album was a huge event in my life, lol.

Anyway, very decent numbers after all the damage suffered during her previous era. She is the queen of comebacks
          BLΛƆKPIИK is the revolution

Comment

• Circus really was a huge era. Soon it will be her first album with two 100+ million tracks.
            Britney - Poppy - Mariah - Lana - Gaga - Bjork

Comment

• 'Britney' vinyl is now sold out, as is 'Oops'. 5,000 copies each. 'In the Zone' will definitely sell out very quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                'Britney' vinyl is now sold out, as is 'Oops'. 5,000 copies each. 'In the Zone' will definitely sell out very quickly.
                Will they be releasing all of her albums up until "Glory"?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                  Will they be releasing all of her albums up until "Glory"?
                  This would be interesting. Boosts sales a bit as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Artsy View Post
                    I think it has something to do with the single choices. I mean, Make Me... and Slumber Party are good songs, but Britney is known for uptempo hits like Work Bitch, Toxic, etc. If the lead single was Do You Wanna Come Over or Change Your Mind (both with actually good numbers on Spotify considering they are standard tracks), she could've had a streaming hit.
                    Make me is pretty okayish iconiissssh
                    Forever Young

Comment

• Britney is now over 13 million monthly listeners on Spotify despite not releasing any music in 3 years.

Comment

Britney is now over 13 million monthly listeners on Spotify despite not releasing any music in 3 years.
                        Imagine being that powerful.
                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Just for comparison, Adele (the biggest female act of the 2010s decade) has 19million monthly listeners but like Britney she has not released music in years either.

So these are healthy numbers for acts who have not released music in a lot of time, some artists have more monthly listeners but they keep releasing new songs every month or at the very least released new music last year (2018).

The more recent and frequent the artist releases new songs the higher the monthly listeners will be. Britney is doing fine for someone who has not released not even a single in 3 years and new music will only increase her numbers quickly.

Comment

• I don't know why some people act like her streaming numbers are so terrible. I mean, if you compare them to newer generation girls, of course they're bad in comparison, but the woman debuted 21 years ago when these new pop girls were still in diapers.

13 million monthly listeners is definitely a healthy figure. She hasn't released any new music in 3 years & the last time she was featured on someone else's song was half a decade ago. This 13 million figure isn't even taking into account 'Scream & Shout', unlike some girls whose total is inflated by their collaborations.

None of Britney's albums are below the 150 million mark, in fact, only one is below 200 million, and it'll get there within a few months anyway. So many pre-2000 artists have a bunch of huge, 10 million+ selling albums sitting below 60-90 million streams.

Speaking of streaming, Gimme More is increasing quite a lot lately! 92k streams yesterday.

Comment

• Yeah, 8 out of her 9 studio albums are over 200million streams on Spotify, perhaps a very healthy distribution compared to most female artists that debuted in the 1990s.

And glad to see "Gimme More" slowly increasing lately on streaming platforms but d*mn , not "Radar" genearting more daily streams than #1 hit song "Hold It Against Me" now. It's truly forgotten

Comment

• She could do better if her team tried tbh
                                Forever Young

Comment

• Most streamed 2000s songs by female artists on Spotify

1. Halo 625m
                                  2. Hips Don't Lie 457m
                                  3. Make You Feel My Love 409m
                                  4. Party In the U.S.A. 392m
                                  5. Crazy In Love 385m
                                  6. Umbrella 339m
                                  7. If I Ain't Got You 333m
                                  8. TiK ToK 325m
                                  9. Bleeding Love 319m
                                  10. Poker Face 306,43m
                                  11. Toxic 306,42m (+1)
                                  12. Bad Romance 306,36m (-1)

Toxic will probably enter top 10 tomorrow.

Comment

• Exciting, thanks for the info [MENTION=65597]Artsy[/MENTION]

Is there any list about all the female songs (from the 2000s) that are over 200million streams? I would also like to see where "Oops I Did It Again" ranks.

Comment

• Most streamed 2000s songs by female artists on Spotify

1. Halo 625m
                                      2. Hips Don't Lie 458m
                                      4. Party In the U.S.A. 393m
                                      5. Crazy In Love 386m
                                      6. Umbrella 340m
                                      7. If I Ain't Got You 334m
                                      8. TiK ToK 325m
                                      9. Bleeding Love 320m
                                      10. Toxic 306,757m (+2)
                                      11. Poker Face 306,707m (-1)
                                      12. Bad Romance 306,628m (-1)

'Toxic' just entered the Top 10. A classic.

Comment

• Classic! Officially one of the 10 most streamed female songs from the 2000s. Well deserved.

Comment

• 'Toxic' will surpass 'Tik Tok' eventually, too.

Honestly surprised it's getting more streams than 'Crazy in Love', too.

Comment

Most streamed 2000s songs by female artists on Spotify

1. Halo 625m
                                            2. Hips Don't Lie 457m
                                            4. Party In the U.S.A. 392m
                                            5. Crazy In Love 385m
                                            6. Umbrella 339m
                                            7. If I Ain't Got You 333m
                                            8. TiK ToK 325m
                                            9. Bleeding Love 319m
                                            10. Poker Face 306,43m
                                            11. Toxic 306,42m (+1)
                                            12. Bad Romance 306,36m (-1)

Toxic will probably enter top 10 tomorrow.
                                            Halo is a shocker lead
                                            Forever Young

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Best selling debut single by a female artist in the UK:

Britney Spears - …Baby One More Time
                                                 Sales: 1.6 million

Oh baby, baby, how was Britney supposed to know that her first single would be the biggest ever debut single for a female artist? …Baby One More Time is one of the most iconic songs of the 1990s and inspired a generation of pop stars. The first of six UK Number 1 singles for Britney, BOMT finishes as the UK's best-selling single of 1999.
                                                https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__26529/

Comment

• Good news. "Femme Fatale" is very close to a 2x Platinum certification eligibility in US, thanks to a piece of info I didn't know and that I wasn't counting.

We all know that Youtube views don't count towards albums units when it comes to soundscan and charting on the Billboard 200, but what I didn't know all these years (I know I'm a flop) is that Youtube views do count for the RIAA and I wasn't even including them in any of my estimations, the criteria is the same 1,500 views on Youtube = 1 album unit. After using this information (that I was ignoring) for certification purposes my estimated total units for "Femme Fatale" are now at 1,975,000 and shouldn't have a problem on reaching multi-platinum eligibility next year.

For Youtube I often estimate 20% coming from US for Britney, and about 30% when it comes to streaming servers such as Spotify.

Also thanks to this "In The Zone" is perhaps already eligible for a 4x Platinum cert in the USA.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                                    Good news. "Femme Fatale" is very close to a 2x Platinum certification eligibility in US, thanks to a piece of info I didn't know and that I wasn't counting.

We all know that Youtube views don't count towards albums units when it comes to soundscan and charting on the Billboard 200, but what I didn't know all these years (I know I'm a flop) is that Youtube views do count for the RIAA and I wasn't even including them in any of my estimations, the criteria is the same 1,500 views on Youtube = 1 album unit. After using this information (that I was ignoring) for certification purposes my estimated total units for "Femme Fatale" are now at 1,975,000 and shouldn't have a problem on reaching multi-platinum eligibility next year.

For Youtube I often estimate 20% coming from US for Britney, and about 30% when it comes to streaming servers such as Spotify.

Also thanks to this "In The Zone" is perhaps already eligible for a 4x Platinum cert in the USA.
                                                    It’s what those masterpieces deserve.
                                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                        Amazing! In a year from now it will hit 100 million views I think.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                                            Good news. "Femme Fatale" is very close to a 2x Platinum certification eligibility in US, thanks to a piece of info I didn't know and that I wasn't counting.

Yeah, I also feel like Femme Fatale is extremely close to 2x Platinum if it ain’t there already. I did a breakdown for Circus a while ago if anyone is interested and I have it around 2.9 million.

Wouldn’t be surprised if In the Zone is 4x Platinum already. The leaked SS number is a year old and Toxic is a streaming smash - not to mention that number didn’t include club sales or shipments.

Comment

• Yeah "In The Zone" is over 3million on soundscan and that doesn't include club sales, even Chartmasters has the album at 3,3million after taking account the club sales. It shouldn't be that hard for the album to gain 700K extra SPS units (according to my calculations it already did thus being eligible for a 4x Platinum certification).

As for "Circus" I have it at 2,850,000 units though.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X