Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
    The UK still seems to be a good market for Britney, I mean she’s still getting several new certifications every year. I don’t wanna sound a delusional stan or anything but I do think she could still be able to have another successful era there
    it's really hard to tell. Make Me and Slumber Party did really bad there chartwise and saleswise, while Glory gave her biggest peak since 2007 (even though the sales were kinda disappointing). I can totally see her having a #1 album there in the upcoming years tho.
    Britney - Poppy - Mariah - Lana - Gaga - Bjork

Comment

• Think glory had decent first week in the UK 10k and number 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Britneysdream View Post
        Think glory had decent first week in the UK 10k and number 2
        I mean, for 2019 those numbers are good, but not for 2016

Comment

The UK still seems to be a good market for Britney, I mean she’s still getting several new certifications every year. I don’t wanna sound a delusional stan or anything but I do think she could still be able to have another successful era there
          With a decent promotion i think it's possible even Pretty Girls reached #16 there

Comment

• It’s all relative to her personal standards. 10K wasn’t a big decline at all from her previous album.

Comment

• How can we estimate UK streams? When we estimate US streams it’s 35% on Spotify and 25% on YouTube, is there an approximate figure we can use for the UK? By the way why isn’t Womanizer certified in France or Canada?

Comment

• ^ If the label doesn’t certify her discography in US (which is the major market in the world), do you think they would bother to certify other countries? Her label is such a damn mess...

I hope by the time of her next release, we get at least the RIAA certifications (i don’t believe it).

Comment

• I know but all her other songs are certified in Canada, strangely only her singles from Circus aren’t

Comment

I know but all her other songs are certified in Canada, strangely only her singles from Circus aren’t
                    The singles from Femme Fatale aren’t certified either. And neither is Scream & Shout. Work Bitch is definitely eligible for 2x Platinum too while Make Me is platinum.

Comment

• Sorry I forgot about them haha. They should take notes from the UK

Comment

• Does anyone know how close work bitch is to platinum in Australia? It bugs me it’s still only gold

Comment

• Originally posted by Britneysdream View Post
                          Does anyone know how close work bitch is to platinum in Australia? It bugs me it’s still only gold
                          No idea but I think it should be certified as soon as it’s eligible. I think their system is automatic

Comment

• I don't think Australian certifications are automatic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                              I don't think Australian certifications are automatic.
                              Yeah actually I’m not sure but I just assumed they were since they’re the fastest to come out.

Comment

• By the way do you guys think that Everytime and Stronger could be eligible for platinum in the US?

Comment

• Australian certifications are not at all automatic unfortunately.

Comment

By the way do you guys think that Everytime and Stronger could be eligible for platinum in the US?
                                    everytime is certainly platinum

Stronger should be if they add physical, digital sales and streams together

But i heard RIAA only count streams with digital sales so Stronger it's Gold at the most

stronger its Gold in Physical and Gold digitally

Just like Baby One More Time its Platinum in Physical copies and 2x platinum digitally
                                    Last edited by pedrolabre; Sun August 18th, 2019, 07:26.

Comment

By the way do you guys think that Everytime and Stronger could be eligible for platinum in the US?
                                      Digitally-wise "Stronger" is only eligible to Gold certification, however "Stronger" has a previous Gold certification for it's physical units.

That means that if her label ever certifies "Stronger" Gold (digital) then even though the song wouldn't technically have a Platinum certification it would still have 1 million certified units in the USA.
                                      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• So I've been trying to figure out what Britney's songs have sold with streaming included, and I'm surprised Womanizer might be at over 10 million.

Pure Sales: 7,195,000 (Digital) // 150,000 (Physical)

Streaming breakdown:
                                        Spotify - 152,930,301 + 3,132,012 = 156,062,313
                                        YouTube - 247,460,421 + 3,522,522 + 3,062,240 + 738,285 = 254,783,468

Please note that I'm only using official uploads for YouTube. We can't ignore the existence of Apple Music, Tidal, Deezer, Google Play Music, etc. In fact, Apple Music is bigger than Spotify in the US.

As of the report from last year, Spotify had 132 million of the 212 million streaming users in the World. The new document tells us that while Spotify increased its user count to 157 million, there is now 272 million streaming users in total. It highlights in good part the fastest increase of Apple Music lately.
                                        https://chartmasters.org/2017/04/csp...fixing-log/13/

Using ChartMasters' comprehensive streaming method (272/157* Spotify streams), we get a total of 270,375,472 audio streams, which equals to 1,802,503 units.

Pure Sales - 7,345,000
                                        Audio Units - 1,802,503
                                        YouTube Units - 1,698,556
                                        Total Units - 10,845,000

These are just estimates, of course. But that'd make it her fourth song to reach this milestone using this method, after Baby, Toxic, and Scream & Shout.

Comment

• That’s amazing ! Do you think OIDIA could be close to this milestone?

Comment

• Toxic

YouTube (4x #1):
                                            #1 Bosnia and Herzegovina
                                            #1 Croatia
                                            #1 Macedonia
                                            #1 Serbia
                                            #6 Slovenia
                                            #15 Austria

Source: https://kworb.net/itunes/artist/britneyspears.html

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• oh wow she is slaying in Balkan, what is happening?
                                                Last FM <3
                                                Instagram

Comment

• YouTube Serbia Daily Chart - 2019/08/17
                                                  Britney Spears - Toxic

YouTube Bosnia and Herzegovina Daily Chart - 2019/08/17
                                                  Britney Spears - Toxic

YouTube Macedonia Daily Chart - 2019/08/17
                                                  Britney Spears - Toxic

YouTube Croatia Daily Chart - 2019/08/17
                                                  Britney Spears - Toxic

YouTube Austria Daily Chart - 2019/08/17
                                                  Britney Spears - Toxic

YouTube Slovenia Daily Chart - 2019/08/17
                                                  Britney Spears - Toxic

600,125 views with only these 6 countries

but when u go on Kworb Youtube page

2019/08/17 194,583

so maybe toxic will have this increase 2019/08/18

Comment

• Rolling Stone Top 500 Artists:

280 (279) Britney Spears (Top song: Toxic)

Comment

• Originally posted by Artsy View Post
                                                      Toxic

YouTube (4x #1):
                                                      #1 Bosnia and Herzegovina
                                                      #1 Croatia
                                                      #1 Macedonia
                                                      #1 Serbia
                                                      #6 Slovenia
                                                      #15 Austria

Source: https://kworb.net/itunes/artist/britneyspears.html

Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post
                                                      YouTube Serbia Daily Chart - 2019/08/17
                                                      Britney Spears - Toxic

YouTube Bosnia and Herzegovina Daily Chart - 2019/08/17
                                                      Britney Spears - Toxic

YouTube Macedonia Daily Chart - 2019/08/17
                                                      Britney Spears - Toxic

YouTube Croatia Daily Chart - 2019/08/17
                                                      Britney Spears - Toxic

YouTube Austria Daily Chart - 2019/08/17
                                                      Britney Spears - Toxic

YouTube Slovenia Daily Chart - 2019/08/17
                                                      Britney Spears - Toxic

600,125 views with only these 6 countries

but when u go on Kworb Youtube page

2019/08/17 194,583

so maybe toxic will have this increase 2019/08/18
                                                      Seems like youtube made a Tag mistake

i checked Britney on charts.youtube.com and actually these views are from a Youtube Channel named ToxicTv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFUZUW5b03c

Comment

• Womanizer is now Britney 5th most viewed official video

Comment

• A classic! And it'll also pass Work Bitch as her 5th biggest song on Spotify this or next week.

Comment

• ^ tomorrow actually

Work Bitch - 153.293.149
                                                            Womanizer - 153.216.030

Comment

• Britneys streaming numbers are not bad for someone who debuted back in 1999, I mean her first album was released on cassette, that’s how much the industry has changed, she isn’t a mainstream artist anymore, but even make me has passed 100 million streams on Spotify alone

Comment

Working...
                                                              X