Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BreatheBritney View Post
    Hi. can anybody tell me how many copies GLORY sold? SPS and pure sales. WW and in America. Thanks in advance and kind regards.
    In the US, 155K pure and around 370K SPS.
    Worldwide, around 400K pure and around 850K SPS.

Comment

• "My Only Wish (This Year)"

98,801,158 total plays
      +630,576 plays (Nov. 30, 2019)

Great day!!!

Comment

• ^ Amazing Even a better update than last year on this day. I am hoping for a high re-entry on Spotify Germany.

Comment

• maybe, just maybe it can re-enter the global chart today, if not, it will definitely enter tomorrow.
          Britney - Poppy - Mariah - Lana - Gaga - Bjork

Comment

• Spotify Denmark: #12(+16) My Only Wish (This Year), [241 days] *peak: #5*
            Spotify Germany: #122(RE) My Only Wish (This Year), [124 days] *peak: #9*

Comment

• EDIT

Comment

• Spotify Denmark Nov. 30th

12 (+16) My Only Wish (This Year) - 57,368 plays

Spotify Germany Nov. 30th

122 (RE) My Only Wish (This Year) - 94,492 plays

Finally re-entry in Germany

EDIT: Oops, I was too late

Spotify Austria Nov. 30th

82 (+95) My Only Wish (This Year) - 8,125 plays
                Last edited by Canadaniel; Sun December 1, 2019, 16:16.

Comment

• Last year it was #111 so not a big difference despite less playlist support. It also got 94,492 plays this year compared to last year's 88,435.

Comment

• So despite less playlist support in Germany it received more plays this year? That’s amazing!

Comment

• Spotify United Kingdom
                      #124 My Only Wish (RE) 73,602 plays

Comment

• Well last year "My Only Wish (This Year)" already entered on November 24th on Spotify Germany Top 200 but it wasn't enough for re-entry the German single charts at first. She managed it one week later.

Unfortunately this week, she didn't appear on Friday, so she really needs an extra boost if it could have a chance to re-entry this Friday.

Spotify run in Germany 2018: 111-52-29-85-84-73-61. 798,181 total streams. That was good enough for re-entry the German single charts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artsy View Post
                          Spotify United Kingdom
                          #124 My Only Wish (RE) 73,602 plays
                          That's great! Hopefully the UK supports the song more this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                            That's great! Hopefully the UK supports the song more this year.
                            It's really weird the song never managed to enter the main chart, considering it even peaked inside the top 50 in Spotify UK last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artsy View Post
                              It's really weird the song never managed to enter the main chart, considering it even peaked inside the top 50 in Spotify UK last year.
                              The tracking week will be more favorable this year, so hopefully it'll make the main chart.

Comment

• But UK has the random rule for streaming, songs outside the official Top 10 are calculation 1:300. That could be difficult.

Comment

• Spotify Canada
                                  #150 My Only Wish (RE) 37,449 plays

Comment

• Spotify Charts (30/11/2019)

My Only Wish (This Year)

12 (+16) - Denmark
                                    82 (+95) - Austria
                                    109 (+89) - Sweden
                                    110 (+61) - Norway
                                    122 (NEW) - Germany
                                    124 (NEW) - UK
                                    136 (+60) - Ireland
                                    150 (NEW) - Canada
                                    Last edited by Kevinmakeme; Sun December 1, 2019, 18:05.

Comment

• Yes and the song is also on ACR in the UK, which is why it’s been hard for it to chart

Comment

• Is it possible for the song to get a new peak in Germany and Denmark?

Comment

• Originally posted by Britneysdream View Post
                                          Yes and the song is also on ACR in the UK, which is why it’s been hard for it to chart
                                          I think its digital sales are kinda bad too, I don't remember it even entering top 100 in iTunes last year, but I might be wrong lol.

Comment

• One thing I also noticed, the audio in Britney's official youtube channel is getting some interesting daily views. It received over 18k views in 29/11, that's already 1/3 of its biggest day on YouTube back in 2013, and it wasn't even december yet. Hopefully it will help a bit in some charts this year too.

https://kworb.net/youtube/video/_MzumcY3lpk.html

Comment

• I’m doing some math today and I try to find out, which Britney Album has the most Spotify streams without having problematic distortion-effects. The first distortion-effect based on very popular songs like Toxic or BOMT. They generate huge album-streaming-numbers in total but maybe over-estimate the popularity of the complete album. The second distortion-effect come from the number of album tracks e. g. OIDIA has only 12 tracks but Glory has 17.
                                              So my calculations based on German chart-rules (https://www.musikindustrie.de/filead..._4_9_Final.pdf, page 12).

These are the two calculation steps:
                                              1. Counting only the 12 tracks with the most streamst to have a comparable amount of tracks.
                                              2. Then add the streaming numbers from these tracks WITHOUT the the two most played songs (meaning counting track 3 to 12 in order of their popularity) divide them by 10 and then multiply by 12 to re-incorporate the two biggest songs.
                                              With these method we standardize the amount of album tracks to 12 and align the two most played tracks who tend to distort the popularity of an album on the average of the most played 10 tracks.

Note:
                                              • For Crazy I’m counting the album version and the stop! remix-version from GH and The Essentials as one. For BTMYH also both „versions“ from album and TSC. For Overprotected I’m counting radio + Darkchild-remix together and for Boys also the album and remix version.
                                              • I'm surprised that Spotify didn’t list „Girl in the Mirror“ and „Outta this World“.

And here’s the countdown:

9. 053.500.000 - BRITNEY JEAN
                                              8. 081.900.000 – IN THE ZONE
                                              7. 100.100.000 – OOPS I DID IT AGAIN
                                              6. 105.800.000 - CIRCUS
                                              5. 112.100.000 - BLACKOUT
                                              4. 113.500.000 - BRITNEY
                                              3. 123.700.000 – BABY ONE MORE TIME
                                              2. 126.200.000 - GLORY
                                              1. 173.000.000 – FEMME FATALE

So I’m very surprised how hard Toxic pushed ITZ streaming numbers even tho there’re in general not that high. It’s also nice to see that her third album which has the lowest plays in total, is very popular under this method because it’s the album with the most songs > 20. Mio.

If we center only the most played song (not the two most played) on the album-average-track streaming numbers the list looks like that:

9. 085.900 – BRITNEY JEAN
                                              8. 150.300 – BRITNEY
                                              7. 157.800 – IN THE ZONE
                                              6. 165.300 – OOPS I DID IT AGAIN
                                              5. 181.900 – BLACKOUT
                                              4. 189.100 – GLORY
                                              3. 195.300 – BABY ONE MORE TIME
                                              2. 212.600 – CIRCUS
                                              1. 251.200 – FEMME FATALE
                                              Last edited by B_IN_ME; Sun December 1, 2019, 20:13.
                                              Britney 4 EVER.

Comment

• That's definitely worth checking out @B_IN_ME. Thanks for posting! I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, as I've always felt like "Glory" and "Femme Fatale" are definitely her most streamed albums from start to finish.

"Britney Jean" being the lowest makes total sense. Nobody is streaming it other than "Work Bitch".

Comment

• Femme Fatale slowly rising thanks to Criminal

Comment

• Apparently "Criminal" is a hit on TikTok and that's why it's becoming so popular. "Femme Fatale" getting closer and closer to that 2x Platinum certification.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X