X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post

Youtube started to count for Billboard in 2019

for RIAA have always been a factor
    Incorrect, not for albums. For singles yes. That person was talking about albums. It was announced in Dec 13, 2019 and started to count from Jan 3rd.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/12/bill...e-streams.html

For RIAA yes you're right but only from official sources. But they dont recognize anything until you hit a certification level and they ignore any sales that fall between those levels basically.
    Last edited by InFamous; Sun July 5, 2020, 15:20.

Comment

• What exactly is your point? You stay fishing for arguments in all the diva threads and for what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
        What exactly is your point? You stay fishing for arguments in all the diva threads and for what?
        I made my point in my first reply, that your number was just pulled out of nowhere. Looks like you are the one who wants to argue ?
        Unless you have receipts for what you claim you are just speculating.

Comment

• InFamous Let me make it clear for you, since apparently you lack reading comprehension.

378.9 million AUDIO streams in the past 12 months is an official figure, not speculation. And they equal to 252k album sales. Now that we got that very clear, let's take a look into her album sales.

January 2019
          Spears has sold 33.6 million albums in the U.S.

May 2020
          Spears has sold 33.8 million albums in the U.S.

That's an increase of 200k in 16 months. Around 150k in a year. But these numbers are rounded so yeah could be anywhere between 100-150k. Remember, her vinyl re-issues sell like hot cakes and that's why she had such a big increase.

According to YouTube, she's gained 163 million views in the US over the past 12 months. That's 108k albums (and yes, they do count for certification purposes whether you like it or not).

Pure Album Sales - 100-150k
          Audio Equivalent Sales - 252k
          Video Equivalent Sales - 108k
          Track Equivalent Sales - ?
          Total: 460-510k

All of these numbers are based off official sources like Billboard and Rolling Stone (which compiles data from Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, etc), so tell me again, how are we just "speculating"?

Comment

• ^^ Firstly I never questioned the audio converted streams. When I quoted you the figure you were working with was 300 million.
            So now there is nothing wrong with my reading comprehension, I simply asked you to show receipts for your claims that she had totalled circa 500k, which you have now done. Of course I'm not going to doubt official receipts, which is why I asked you to provide them, which surely you could have done in the first place without being rude. Thanks.

Are those youtube views all from official sources, as they are the only ones that count for sales purposes ?
            Last edited by InFamous; Mon July 6, 2020, 01:51.

Comment

• Maybe I would've been nicer if you didn't have a story of causing trouble in other threads....and your first reply wasn't exactly nice either. But anyway. The YouTube numbers come from https://charts.youtube.com/. Type the artist name, change the date to past 12 months and type the country, in this case, the US.

Comment

• Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• This week, Spears earns another career placement on the Vinyl Albums chart, which ranks the 25 bestselling titles on wax in the U.S. every frame. The pop superstar’s debut …Baby One More Time opens at No. 22, finding its way to the list for the first time long after it made an enormous splash on other Billboard lists.

…Baby One More Time is one of two Spears full-lengths that have debuted on the Vinyl Albums chart for the first time in 2020, with the other, Britney Jean, rising all the way to No. 3 back in May.
                    https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmci...-format-vinyl/

Comment

• Originally posted by LoveMeDown123 View Post
                      This week, Spears earns another career placement on the Vinyl Albums chart, which ranks the 25 bestselling titles on wax in the U.S. every frame. The pop superstar’s debut …Baby One More Time opens at No. 22, finding its way to the list for the first time long after it made an enormous splash on other Billboard lists.

…Baby One More Time is one of two Spears full-lengths that have debuted on the Vinyl Albums chart for the first time in 2020, with the other, Britney Jean, rising all the way to No. 3 back in May.
                      https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmci...-format-vinyl/
                      Iconic.

Why didn’t it enter the chart when the first UO vinyls and the picture disc vinyl were released last year though?
                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Is this site official? Apparently Mood Ring remix is being sent to radio next month.

Comment

• RCA announced Baby one more time album sold more than 27 mil albums worldwide.

Billboard: Britney has sold nearly 150 mils album worldwide

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• "11.5 million singles certs"

Comment

• She’s definitely eligible for at least 50x Platinum single certifications. Maybe closer to 60x Platinum, actually.

Comment

• I know that's random but i want to say it.I always wondered why ITZ hasn't sold 1M in UK?That era was huge with 3 top 3 singles and two of them were #1 and she was popular back then.

Also this can be said for Jennifer Lopez's Jlo album but i think she is more of a Hollywood icon rather than a singer in gp's eyes

Comment

• The era was cut short and GH:MP ate its sales (and that actually sold over 1 million).

Comment

• Originally posted by Choley View Post
                                      I know that's random but i want to say it.I always wondered why ITZ hasn't sold 1M in UK?That era was huge with 3 top 3 singles and two of them were #1 and she was popular back then.

Also this can be said for Jennifer Lopez's Jlo album but i think she is more of a Hollywood icon rather than a singer in gp's eyes
                                      1 million ? That's a huge figure for the UK. Only her first studio album crossed that threshold. I mean her third album sold less than 500k in the UK.

Also I don't think The Greatest hits made much of a difference to the sales of In the Zone, seeing as it came a full year after that. The ITZ era was well and truly over after Outrageous flopped and over long before she launched The Greatest Hits compilation with the My Perogative single.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

1 million ? That's a huge figure for the UK. Only her first studio album crossed that threshold.
                                        That’s not truth. GH:MP also sold +1million in UK

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                        The ITZ era was well and truly over after Outrageous flopped
                                        “Outrageous” is irrelevant to the UK as it wasn’t released there or in Europe.

The final single from the album in UK was “Everytime” which was a #1 hit and after that she did nothing else for the era in Europe.

GH:MP also killed catalogue sales for ITZ. Specially considering most catalogue buyers were mostly appealed to “Toxic”.
                                        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

That’s not truth. GH:MP also sold +1million in UK

“Outrageous” is irrelevant to the UK as it wasn’t released there or in Europe.

The final single from the album in UK was “Everytime” which was a #1 hit and after that she did nothing else for the era in Europe.

GH:MP also killed catalogue sales for ITZ. Specially considering most catalogue buyers were mostly appealed to “Toxic”.
                                          A Greatest hits is not a studio album. IT is a compilation.

And I disagree, an album released a full year after In the Zone was very unlikely to have had any effect on it's sales. And no, at that stage GH albums were still very popular and a Britney Greatest Hits at that stage was always going to be a big seller, especially seeing as both it's singles were popular in the UK also.
                                          ITZ had a full year to sell and it sold what it was going to sell in the UK.
                                          Your assumption on it's catalogue sales is pure conjecture and cannot be in any way proven.

Comment

A Greatest hits is not a studio album. IT is a compilation.

And I disagree, an album released a full year after In the Zone was very unlikely to have had any effect on it's sales. And no, at that stage GH albums were still very popular and a Britney Greatest Hits at that stage was always going to be a big seller, especially seeing as both it's singles were popular in the UK also.
                                            ITZ had a full year to sell and it sold what it was going to sell in the UK.
                                            Your assumption on it's catalogue sales is pure conjecture and cannot be in any way proven.
                                            ITZ never had a full year to sell. It was released on November 12, 2003 in UK and it’s final UK single (“Everytime”) was released on June 14, 2004.

A pathetic 7 month period.

You are extremely delusional to think that more singles in UK, more time of promotion / campaign and the absence of a random rushed GHs would have made no difference and that ITZ could have not sold more units in UK. That album was never milked to it’s full potential.
                                            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

ITZ never had a full year to sell. It was released on November 12, 2003 in UK and it’s final UK single (“Everytime”) was released on June 14, 2004.

A pathetic 7 month period.

You are extremely delusional to think that more singles in UK, more time of promotion / campaign and the absence of a random rushed GHs would have made no difference and that ITZ could have not sold more units in UK. That album was never milked to it’s full potential.
                                              How do you mean 7 months ? It was still on the shelves after that period. If anyone wanted to buy it they could have.
                                              The GH was not in any way random or rushed. IT was obviously planned seeing as Britney had to get permission to record My Perogative. I highly doubt her releasing a fourth single in the UK would somehow have caused the album to double its sales and pass one million. I think its you who is being delusional here.
                                              1 million people were not buying the GH for Toxic They bought it because it was a GH by Britney Spears and they wanted to have all her monster hits together on one album. Simple.

Comment

How do you mean 7 months ? It was still on the shelves after that period. If anyone wanted to buy it they could have.
                                                Without more singles it’s hard to keep albums on charts. There’s no way ITZ was gonna keep selling JUST because for the rest of the year without any song pushing it or promoting it.

So yeah ITZ was over in UK after “Everytime” cycle ended.

The GH was not in any way random or rushed.
                                                Yeah it was rushed and random. She could have released that in 2005 (when she took a break and was pregnant and would have been a perfect time to release a compilation instead of doing that in 2004 when she could have done 2 more music videos for ITZ and take the album to 1 year promotion).

I highly doubt her releasing a fourth single in the UK would somehow have caused the album to double its sales and pass one million. I think its you who is being delusional here.
                                                But I never said that it would have sold 1 million ... I said it would have sold more units but I didn’t say how many. So you should learn to read
                                                Last edited by MrLeonix; Sat July 11, 2020, 20:30.

Comment

• ^^ What a collection of If, buts, maybes my god. Britney released three singles for In The Zone, the album sold what it sold. The end.

Comment

^^ What a collection of If, buts, maybes my god. Britney released three singles for In The Zone, the album sold what it sold. The end.
                                                    You'll have to deal with whatever we want to discuss in here. And you don't get to end any conversation btw ... in fact, I'm now extending the ITZ "what if" debate:

Instinct, what are your thoughts (from a chart-related point of view) about ITZ not having a 4th single in UK? .. IMO considering the album sold +530K (pure sales) and probably around 560K with sps units in UK the album would be certified 2x Platinum (600K units) by now had an extra single been released.
                                                    Last edited by MrLeonix; Sat July 11, 2020, 22:11.

Comment

You'll have to deal with whatever we want to discuss in here. And you don't get to end any conversation btw ... in fact, I'm now extending the ITZ "what if" debate:

Instinct, what are your thoughts (from a chart-related point of view) about ITZ not having a 4th single in UK? .. IMO considering the album sold +530K (pure sales) and probably around 560K with sps units in UK the album would be certified 2x Platinum (600K units) by now had an extra single been released.
                                                      You are free to speculate on what it might have sold but at the end of the day it is simply speculation on your part and ultimately pointless. And it won't change the numbers for her chart and sales history for the album in question. And FYI I have no issue with lively passionate discussions, it's you who seems to have an issue with them and even resorted to crying about them in another thread recently
                                                      Last edited by InFamous; Sat July 11, 2020, 22:27.

Comment

You are free to speculate on what it might have sold
                                                        Exactly

Comment

"In the Zone" didn't reach its peak of #13 until July 2004, which was over 8 months after its release. Everytime had a great affect on the album and I have a no doubt a fourth single would've resulted in more units. The album returned to the Top 15 following Toxic and Everytime's respective releases. Why would a fourth single be any different?

PS: Not that it makes a huge difference or anything, but 540K is the latest figure we got as of November 2018. I do think it'll eventually reach 2x Platinum with streaming. Never underestimate the power of Toxic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                                            "In the Zone" didn't reach its peak of #13 until July 2004, which was over 8 months after its release. Everytime had a great affect on the album and I have a no doubt a fourth single would've resulted in more units. The album returned to the Top 15 following Toxic and Everytime's respective releases. Why would a fourth single be any different?

PS: Not that it makes a huge difference or anything, but 540K is the latest figure we got as of November 2018. I do think it'll eventually reach 2x Platinum with streaming. Never underestimate the power of Toxic.

Yeah, The "Britney (2001)" album got 5 singles in UK and still it sold less than ITZ. That same treatment for ITZ would have made a nice difference considering her popularity increased in UK during the ITZ era (better selling album, two #1 hits and over 2million units sold / compared to "Britney 2001" = weaker album sales, 0 #1 hit and less than 1,3 million units sold).

And thanks for the info Instinct. Yeah "Toxic" is powerful enough to get ITZ into multi-platinum status eventually (her 4th multi-platinum album in UK).

Comment

• Britney's studio albums in UK:

Baby one more time - 4 by Platinum
                                                              Oops I did it again - 3 by Platinum
                                                              Britney - Platinum
                                                              In the Zone - Platinum
                                                              Blackout - Gold
                                                              Circus - Platinum
                                                              Femme Fatale - Gold
                                                              Britney Jean/ Glory - uncertified as far as I know - Instinct Do you know Britney Jean / Glorys sales in UK ?

Comment

Working...
                                                              X