No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW, “Oops I Did It Again” (album) will eventually become her third +1million album in UK.

It was at +906K pure sales alone, and eventually it will get the day it gets +90K extra units from streaming (based on the “Oops I Did It Again” single which is another of her classic streaming songs).

With this, and also with “Toxic” hitting 1million and ITZ reaching 2xP ... Britney will have three +1M albums, three +1M singles and 4 Multi-Platinum albums in the UK.

Also “Blackout” and “The Singles Collection” will eventually get certified Platinum and this will give Britney 8 Platinum albums in the UK.
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Sun July 12, 2020, 00:57.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• The thread is called "Chart History" - ie, what an artist has currently achieved not "Chart Future possibly, eventually, maybe"

Comment

• Instinct, do you think “Gimme More”’ has a chance of going Gold in UK by the end of this year?
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Clearly uk was there for Brit in the ITZ era..I can’t believe:
          the album is far from double(it gets a lot from toxic)
          Me against the music is far from silver (deserved much more justice underrated bop)
          toxic is far from the 1 million
          everytime is far from platinum

as for blackout it seems ridiculous it hasn’t platinum yet

maybe I am delusional but I hope Britney Jean is close to silver with the help of WB.

and for sometimes(the best song from the debut album) is probably close to platinum more than what we think

Comment

• I think tsc will reach platinum before blackout lol! It seems to chart more

Comment

• Originally posted by And then we kiss View Post
              Me against the music is far from silver (deserved much more justice underrated bop)
              It actually isn’t that far from Silver. UK charts updated it’s sales this year and to everyone’s surprise they were higher than we all expected (I personally thought it was around 155K or something): MATM is currently at 184,000 units in UK (only 16K away from Silver)

Source: https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__29839/

Originally posted by And then we kiss View Post
              toxic is far from the 1 million
              Not really, “Toxic” will hit 1 million in less than a year actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

It actually isn’t that far from Silver. UK charts updated it’s sales this year and to everyone’s surprise they were higher than we all expected (I personally thought it was around 155K or something): MATM is currently at 184,000 units in UK (only 16K away from Silver)

Source: https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__29839/

Not really, “Toxic” will hit 1 million in less than a year actually.
                I wrote that I “can’t believe that: ....” which means I can’t believe those songs are far from their milestones
                I agree they are not far away, especially toxic that is a streaming monster

Comment

• InFamous
                  InFamous commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I understood exactly what you said. "I can't believe" is a very common phrase amongst native speakers and you used it perfectly.

• Originally posted by And then we kiss View Post

I wrote that I “can’t believe that: ....” which means I can’t believe those songs are far from their milestones
                I agree they are not far away, especially toxic that is a streaming monster
                Oh I get it.

Weird use of words I guess.

Then I think what you really meant would be something in the line of this phrase: “I don’t think / believe it is far from ..” ..... the “I can’t believe it is far from ...” sounds like literally the opposite you wanted to express based on the context you described. So I guess that’s why I didn’t understand.

Comment

• MrLeonix
                  MrLeonix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dude get over it. Don’t take it personal. Don’t bother.

• And then we kiss
                  And then we kiss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry for being misunderstood I think it really is known in some some territories never mind I do think the in the zone era close to new milestones IMO everytime is closer to platinum than what we think

• MrLeonix
                  MrLeonix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It’s ok “And Then We Kiss”, Cool to know what you mean and yeah, ITZ is close to new milestones around the corner

• Originally posted by Britneysdream View Post
                I think tsc will reach platinum before blackout lol! It seems to chart more
                Wouldn’t be surprised. The streaming points are being counted towards her compilation albums which indeed will make Blackout’s certification a slow process despite the fact it’s only 5K-6K units away from Platinum

Comment

• Can we stay on topic in here please. Petty arguments about grammar and meaning will be infracted if they carry on.

Comment

Instinct, do you think “Gimme More”’ has a chance of going Gold in UK by the end of this year?
                    Oh definitely. Gimme More's streams have increased a LOT this year, so the 30k yearly average probably jumped to 50-60k. I'd say it's probably around 380k at the moment.

Toxic should be around 920K atm. Or maybe even higher. Regarding Blackout, I feel like it won't be that long before it goes Platinum. Maybe another year or so?

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Blackout’s streams are growing faster now. 287,284,825 streams on Spotify at the moment.

This will clearly become her 7th +300M album on Spotify in what? Like a couple months?

Comment

• Vinyl Albums Chart- Baby One More Time #12 +10 (2 Weeks)
                          Top Album Sales- Baby One More Time #59 Re-Entry (104 Weeks)

Comment

• UK Apple Music

#740 Greatest Hits: My Prerogative
                            #832 Circus
                            #895 Blackout

Comment

Blackout’s streams are growing faster now. 287,284,825 streams on Spotify at the moment.

This will clearly become her 7th +300M album on Spotify in what? Like a couple months?
                              More than a couple of months but yes, the album is increasing thanks to Gimme More becoming one of her top songs. It appears that the song itself has surpassed the catchphrase "it's Britney bitch" and is now appreciated as the song that it is. And rightfully so. It's a rare example of dark electro pop from a major popstar. The production is haunting and the lyrics are confrontational. Plus the usually Britney sex. It is very unlikely that another popstar will ever pull a song like this off simply because they will never be put in the position to make one like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
                                UK Apple Music

#740 Greatest Hits: My Prerogative
                                #832 Circus
                                #895 Blackout
                                #691 My Prerogative (+49)
                                Britney - Poppy - Mariah - Lana - Gaga - Bjork

Comment

• Oh wow her impact
                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Comment

• Seems like yesterday was a great day for her on Spotify.

Comment

• Billboard finally corrected Britney's chart positions!
                                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post

Seems like yesterday was a great day for her on Spotify.
                                          oh wow

but maybe it was because of the Spotify release in a few more countries yesterday but still pretty great numbers.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by matheusbelmont View Post

oh wow

but maybe it was because of the Spotify release in a few more countries yesterday but still pretty great numbers.
                                              Britney is huge in Russia so that should definitely give her a nice boost in streams.

Comment

• I’ve seen so many stuff going on in the music industry lately, so many females struggling with longevity, females struggling to chart songs or those who chart doing all kind of deals and gimmicks.

Many people brutally and severely criticize “Britney Jean” and “Glory” a lot, but let’s see some facts:

1. Britney Jean:

- She was 15 years into her career at the time
                                                - It was her 8th studio album
                                                - Opened with +100K (pure sales) in USA without merch or ticket bundles
                                                - “Work Bitch” peaked at #12 on the Hot 100 as a SOLO song without a music video on first week, without deals or features.
                                                - The album went Gold in US without the need of adding prior - one year old past singles to the album in order to boost units (and pray it can go Gold)

2. Glory

- She was 18 years into her career at the time
                                                - It was her 9th studio album
                                                - Opened with 111K units in USA without merch or ticket bundles
                                                - “Make Me” peaked at #17 on the Hot 100 without a music video on first week

I don’t have doubts these two albums were flops YET she’s never had a studio album in her entire career that has opened with less than +100K units, she never relied on ticket or merch bundles or past singles to boost units and every album she did had charting singles and 0 kind of gimmicks.

18 years into her career she got a Top 20 charting single (certified Platinum) in the US and she always pulled solid touring numbers until her very last concert in 2018.

These days people praise younger artists for way less than that.

Comment

• MrLeonix

While I agree with her longevity and good opening numbers and being able to score hits so late in her career...

Do you really think it's necessary to shade soooo clearly other artists to praise her achievements?

I mean, you totally know the album SALES market has declined A LOT, like a lot, in the last 4 years since she released her last album.
                                                  You're comparing 2020 releases to a 2016 album based on the years of career of the artist.
                                                  Same thing with the singles market.

Do you think she would be able to debut with more than 100k units in 2020 without merch or ticket bundles? Or score a Gold album? Even with a hit single it would be reaaally hard.

And, on the other hand, will you be so critic about these "gimmicks" if she uses them on her next album as every other artist is doing to survive in this hip-hop streaming market? I'm not sure.

Yes, you're definitely right in some of your claims and kudos to Britney. She has been a survivor among other falling stars and she still has a big and loyal fanbase. But you're not right comparing 2013 and 2016 scenarios to the current one.. and the shady remarks to other artists are definitely not needed and a bit flamebaiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                                    MrLeonix
                                                    Do you think she would be able to debut with more than 100k units in 2020 without merch or ticket bundles? Or score a Gold album? Even with a hit single it would be reaaally hard.
                                                    Nope. I don’t think so nympho ... you are right with this. And in a way that’s why I wanted to raise some points for Britney (because I know it will be different from now on)

I personally think by the time Britney releases her next album (we don’t know when that may happen) she won’t be able to achieve those things anymore, the +100K opening won’t happen at all.

But before that moment arrives I wanted to recognize that she’s done some nice things (that are better than the sh*t many people give her on daily basis IMO). Like every single one of her 9 studio albums opened with +100K units entirely organically ... when we’ve been seeing several younger stars during the last years struggling to pull +100K openings even after adding deals, merch, bundles, sps units, etc. Artists without problems and without that many albums or years in the industry.

People sometimes act as if BJ or Glory were “The Spirit Indestructible” and that’s far from being the case.

She released 9 studio albums and 7 of them produced pop hit songs and platinum plaques ... and the 2 that flopped still opened with +100K units and had Top 20 singles. She hasn’t released anything ever since.

Hopefully people give Britney more credit.

Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                                    And, on the other hand, will you be so critic about these "gimmicks" if she uses them on her next album as every other artist is doing to survive in this hip-hop streaming market? I'm not sure.
                                                    Actually I always wanted Britney to do all those gimmicks. I never understood why she or her team / label never did anything to maximize her results and now it’s pointless and too late because Billboard changed the rules.

More than a critic it was looking back and realizing like “Wow despite not doing anything of this she still did this” .. you know, that kinda feeling.

Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                                    Yes, you're definitely right in some of your claims and kudos to Britney. She has been a survivor among other falling stars and she still has a big and loyal fanbase. But you're not right comparing 2013 and 2016 scenarios to the current one.. and the shady remarks to other artists are definitely not needed and a bit flamebaiting.
                                                    Ok I agree.
                                                    Last edited by MrLeonix; Wed July 22, 2020, 18:07.

Comment

• Britney did relatively ok with Glory, and it was nice to see her make a comeback to the top 20 with Make me and be honoured at the VMA's. It was a nice time for her and I enjoy the album.
                                                      Britney Jean I don't really take seriously as an album seeing as she doesn't sing on most of it It is actually a stain on a very solid overall discography. I was shocked to hear recently that fans have sent the vinyl edition to a high position. Like buy an album where Britney is singing.

Regarding the bundles and merch rule change, have no doubt that many many artists are going to completely struggle going forward with this change. It used to be a way for artists who are not big on streaming to have a decent debut and get decent opening week sales. But to be honest it was completely and utterly abused, and the artists/ their management only have themselves to blame.

Comment

• Well Britney did score a number 2 digital single with 13k sales pure with a 4 year old song, not shabby for a veteran, she still has her power

Comment

• BOMT gained over 440k views in the past 24h

https://kworb.net/youtube/realtime_anglo.html
                                                          Britney - Poppy - Mariah - Lana - Gaga - Bjork

Comment

Working...
                                                          X