No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ I noticed that I mistook the “S&M Remix” release date by a month ....

.... The info is still the same though
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Does anyone know why is “Me Against The Music” such a tragic black sheep in her streaming history?

I understand that the song wasn’t as catchy or liked as “Toxic” or “Everytime” but still it was the lead single from “In The Zone”, it belongs to Britney’s prime and golden years in the music industry, it was an international hit when released and it features Madonna ... you would expect it at least to have more streams than a flop mess like “Radar” (which was a “Blackout” song released as the 4th single from “Circus” nearly 2 years late and that bombed hard on the charts) ... yet it isn’t the case:

Spotify

Radar - 30M
      Me Against The Music - 25M

Youtube

Radar - 80M
      Me Against The Music - 34M

—-

It is also one of the ultimate worst performers of her prime (first 4 albums) singles:

Spotify (First 4 Album Singles)

Toxic - 390M
      Baby One More Time - 275M
      Oops I Did It Again - 265M
      I’m A Slave 4 U - 71M
      Everytime - 67M
      Sometimes - 66M
      (You Drive Me) - 60M
      Stronger - 58M
      Lucky - 55M
      Overprotected - 33M
      I’m Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman - 26M
      Me Against The Music - 25M
      Born To Make You Happy - 25M
      I Love Rock N Roll - 24M
      Boys - 23M
      Don’t Let Me Be The Last To Know - 11M
      Outrageous - 11M
      From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart - 10M

* “Born To Make You Happy” was a European-exclusive single and it’s basically an unkown Britney song in many territories

* “From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart” was only released in North America / Australia and it’s a largely unknown Britney song in Europe

* “Outrageous” doesn’t even have a music video and was only released as a single in the US / Japan. It’s basically an album track everywhere else

* “I Love Rock N Roll” was not released in US and was a 4th single while “Boys” was a 5th single yet they’re catching MATM’s streams on Spotify.

-

Youtube (First 4 Album singles)

Baby One More Time - 472M
      Toxic - 435M
      Oops I Did It Again - 249M
      Sometimes - 166M
      I’m A Slave 4 U - 124M
      (You Drive Me) Crazy - 122M
      Everytime - 121M
      Lucky - 113M
      I’m Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman - 109M
      Stronger - 105M
      Overprotected - 97M
      Boys - 48M
      Born To Make You Happy - 42M
      Don’t Let Me Be The Last To Know - 40M
      Me Against The Music - 34M
      From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart - 32M
      I Love Rock N Roll - 30M

* Basically every single from her first 4 albums that had a global release and was released under MATM’s same circumstances is over 100M views on Youtube, even “Overprotected” is at 97M ..... yet “Me Against The Music” is just 2M higher than “From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart”. Tragic.
      Last edited by MrLeonix; Thu March 12th, 2020, 21:01.
      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• The Britney Jean vinyl is already sold out after just a few hours

Britney - Poppy - Mariah - Lana - Gaga - Bjork

Comment

• edit

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
            I think it's slowly rising. It was doing less than 10k views daily in youtube last year, for example.

MOD EDIT: Please, don't quote entire long posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artsy View Post

I think it's slowly rising. It was doing less than 10k views daily in youtube last year, for example.
              “Rising” was the case of many of her songs in the last few years. MATM is just a streaming tragedy and I don’t say this in order to bash the song or anything but in order to make it a case of chart analysis and study because it really makes me curious how a relatively important song from her PEAK and first four albums period could do so bad and worse than the likes of “Overprotected” and “I’m Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman” ..... anyways.

Originally posted by Artsy View Post
              The Britney Jean vinyl is already sold out after just a few hours
              Do you know if they’re releasing “Glory” too?

Comment

Do you know if they’re releasing “Glory” too?
                they already have a Glory vinyl on their store

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop...s---glory-2xlp

hopefully they make it available again

Comment

• Originally posted by Artsy View Post
                  hopefully they make it available again
                  Yeah hopefully.

Comment

• I think all of her itz/mp singles (except toxic) is doing kinda bad I know that it sound shady but the fact everytime (a mega hit that is known as one her best songs and had the story of her breakup) is doing kinda the same daily views like iusa or not a girl is very sad to see (since it was much more successful song then them....)
                    about matm I think the fact it was uploaded 2 years after her all of her prime videos hurt it not sure if today everyone pay attention to this song like they could back then ,if it was uploaded in 2009 like all of her videos it would’ve done much better

sadly my prerogative is another tragic for me and do something is doing kinda nice considering it’s blocked on a lot of countries and uploaded just few years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by And then we kiss View Post
                      The fact everytime (a mega hit that is known as one her best songs and had the story of her breakup) is doing kinda the same daily views like iusa or not a girl is very sad to see (since it was much more successful song then them....)
                      Well this could be the case only on Youtube ... but not on Spotify .. “Everytime” is definitely pulling higher daily streams than both IUSA and INAGNYAW on Spotify.

And even still “Everytime” is over 120M on Youtube and close to 70M on spotity which is nothing to brag about but nowhere close to MATM’s tragic 25M / 34M level numbers. In fact “Everytime” has more views and streams than some #1 Hot 100 hits from similar years in 2002-2005. The numbers registered by MATM are simply on another level of “bad”.

And about the 2 years difference.... MATM is not only doing bad on Youtube , it’s also doing bad on Spotify as well where it was uploaded at the same time with all of her other singles.

it’s really shocking that a song like “I Love Rock N roll” has nearly the same streams of MATM on both Spotify and Youtube.

Comment

• Toxic is increasing thanks to Coronavirus

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post

Toxic is increasing thanks to Coronavirus
                          It’s going viral on Tik Tok too along “Baby One More Time” and “Criminal”
                          BLΛƆKPIИK is the revolution

Comment

Toxic is increasing thanks to Coronavirus
                            Probably due to this playlist

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/55...TqKTu1c17RPMoQ

Comment

• “Toxic” received 508,965 streams yesterday

Comment

• First Womanizer, now Toxic Love it

Comment

“Toxic” received 508,965 streams yesterday
                                  This is great ... hopefully it gets an even better update tomorrow.

Comment

“Toxic” received 508,965 streams yesterday
                                    I mean great but when will "Break the Ice" and "My Prerogative" finally have their moments?
                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

I mean great but when will "Break the Ice" and "My Prerogative" finally have their moments?
                                      We need them to go viral on Tik Tok Also I saw on Twitter that a video featuring If U Seek Amy went viral on Tik Tok Hopefully it becomes popular there so its streams will increase

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

I never understood the fascination many of her fans have for “My Prerogative” .....

... Anyways, I doubt MP will ever get revived.

Comment

I never understood the fascination many of her fans have for “My Prerogative” .....

... Anyways, I doubt MP will ever get revived.
                                          Maybe Slave could imo

Comment

• "If U Seek Amy" should hopefully increase tomorrow

Spotify streams yesterday
                                            Toxic - 508,965
                                            ...Baby One More Time - 289,829
                                            Oops!...I Did It Again - 262,608
                                            Womanizer - 175,218
                                            Scream & Shout - 152,547
                                            Gimme More - 106,157
                                            Work Bitch - 90,635
                                            Circus - 84,942
                                            Sometimes - 74,972
                                            Criminal - 69,767
                                            I'm a Slave 4 U - 60,925
                                            Stronger - 52,569

"...Baby One More Time"
                                            #4(+1) Most-streamed 90s song by female lead
                                            #1(=) Most-streamed 90s solo song by a female artist

"Toxic"
                                            #2(+3) Most-streamed 2000s song by female lead
                                            #1(+2) Most-streamed 2000s solo song by a female artist

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post

Maybe Slave could imo
                                              Yep, we’ve recently seen revivals for songs such as “Sometimes”, “Oops I Did It Again”, “Gimme More”, “Womanizer” and “Criminal”.

... So one of these songs: “Slave”, “Crazy”, “Stronger”, “Everytime”, “Piece Of Me” or “Till The World Ends” could get revived eventually.

But there are certain songs that have it way harder, I really don’t see this happening to a song like “My Prerogative” to be honest.

Comment

• I feel like the "I'm a Slave 4 U" and "Stronger" are the most likely out of those. The former constantly goes viral on Twitter, so it's just a matter of adding it to some major playlists.

OT, but I find it impressive that the biggest solo female songs from both the 90s AND the 00s are currently two Britney songs. And by currently I'm talking about daily plays.

Comment

OT, but I find it impressive that the biggest solo female songs from both the 90s AND the 00s are currently two Britney songs. And by currently I'm talking about daily plays.
                                                  Yeah .. this is indeed amazing.

Comment

• "Toxic" got another huge update yesterday. 479,422 streams. Was expecting it to drop more as Friday is always the best day for streaming.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X