Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
    "Toxic" got another huge update yesterday. 479,422 streams. Was expecting it to drop more as Friday is always the best day for streaming.
    “Toxic” will be joining the 400 million club in about 3 weeks right?

Very few songs from the 2000s decade have achieved this.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• "Toxic" is also increasing on YouTube.

03/10: 131,988
      03/11: 133,454
      03/12: 142,153
      03/13: 154,041
      03/14: 185,234
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• MrLeonix Yep. "Toxic" will indeed join the 400 million club within a few weeks or so.

Most Streamed Female Songs On Spotify (2000s)

February 18, 2020
        ​​​​​​1. Beyoncé - Halo - 740,281,837
        2. Shakira - Hips Don't Lie (feat. Wyclef Jean) - 551,328,802
        3. Miley Cyrus - Party in the U.S.A - 510,087,787
        4. Adele - Make You Feel My Love - 492,933,759
        5. Beyoncé - Crazy in Love (feat. Jay-Z) - 448,031,425
        6. Rihanna - Umbrella (feat. Jay-Z) - 440,927,408
        7. Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You - 412,076,128
        8. Kesha - TiK ToK - 406,313,982
        9. Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love - 400,722,746
        10. Britney Spears - Toxic - 383,093,154

March 14, 2020

1. Beyoncé - Halo - 753,134,281
        2. Shakira - Hips Don't Lie (feat. Wyclef Jean) - 564,453,870
        3. Miley Cyrus - Party in the U.S.A - 521,704,627
        4. Adele - Make You Feel My Love - 502,057,027
        5. Beyoncé - Crazy in Love - (feat. Jay-Z) - 455,138,956
        6. Rihanna - Umbrella (feat. Jay-Z) - 451,378,619
        7. Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You - 420,034,502
        8. Kesha - TiK ToK - 415,651,208
        9. Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love - 408,930,894
        10. Britney Spears - Toxic - 392,153,281

Recurrent Streams
        1. Shakira - Hips Don't Lie (feat. Wyclef Jean) - 13,125,068
        2. Beyoncé - Halo - 12,852,444
        3. Miley Cyrus - Party in the U.S.A - 11,616,840
        4. Rihanna - Umbrella (feat. Jay-Z) - 10,451,211
        5. Kesha - TiK ToK - 9,337,226
        6. Adele - Make You Feel My Love - 9,123,268
        7. Britney Spears - Toxic - 9,060,127
        8. Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love - 8,208,148
        9. Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You - 7,958,374
        10. Beyoncé - Crazy in Love (feat. Jay-Z) - 7,107,531

If "Toxic" keeps rising like that, it will most likely overtake "TiK ToK" and "Make You Feel My Love" in terms of monthly streams.

Comment

• Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Another great update even on the lowest day of the week (Sunday)

March 14, 2020
              1. Beyoncé - Halo - 753,134,281
              2. Shakira - Hips Don't Lie (feat. Wyclef Jean) - 564,453,870
              3. Miley Cyrus - Party in the U.S.A - 521,704,627
              4. Adele - Make You Feel My Love - 502,057,027
              5. Beyoncé - Crazy in Love - (feat. Jay-Z) - 455,138,956
              6. Rihanna - Umbrella (feat. Jay-Z) - 451,378,619
              7. Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You - 420,034,502
              8. Kesha - TiK ToK - 415,651,208
              9. Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love - 408,930,894
              10. Britney Spears - Toxic - 392,153,281

March 15, 2020
              1. Shakira - Hips Don't Lie (feat. Wyclef Jean) - 564,941,799 (+487,929)
              2. Britney Spears - Toxic - 392,587,085 (+433,804)
              3. Beyoncé - Halo - 753,556,461 (+422,180)
              4. Miley Cyrus - Party in the U.S.A - 522,112,894 (+408,267)
              5. Rihanna - Umbrella (feat. Jay-Z) - 451,731,140 (+352,521)
              6. Kesha - TiK ToK - 415,986,668 (+335,460)
              7. Adele - Make You Feel My Love - 502,350,676 (+293,649)
              8. Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love - 409,190,835 (+259,941)
              9. Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You - 420,290,604 (+256,102)
              10. Beyoncé - Crazy in Love - (feat. Jay-Z) - 455,374,970 (+236,014)

Still the most-streamed 2000s solo song by a female artist. Hips Don't Lie, Toxic & Halo. The new 2000s pop girl trinity.
              Last edited by Instinct; Mon March 16th, 2020, 15:59.

Comment

• MATM doing some numbers
                Britney - Poppy - Mariah - Lana - Gaga - Bjork

Comment

• Originally posted by Artsy View Post

MATM doing some numbers
                  Yess! I’m not expecting it to pull Toxic numbers but it would be nice if it started getting like 50k daily streams

Comment

• It went viral on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by Artsy View Post

MATM doing some numbers
                      @MrLeonix's impact

Comment

• Another day another slay

Comment

• Whew what a classic!!!

Comment

• According to my estimations “Toxic” could be already eligible for a 5x Platinum certification in US, if not then it should be extremely close.

This song ended up doing great over time. It was a UK #1 hit and Top global hit, heading to 400million on Spotify, heading to 5x Platinum in US, heading to 1million in UK with great recurrent stats in 2020. At this point it’s easily one of the 50 biggest recordings from the entire 2000s decade.

... All of this in addition of the massive critical acclaim the song got, the critics decade lists placements, the defining praised music video and the Grammy Award.

the perfect smash, it had it all (the peaks, the global status, the sales, the streams, the airplay support, the acclaim, the longevity and the timeless / classic status).

While it was always obvious that “Toxic” was going to be a chart hit no matter what when released I never imagined the song would end up transcending the generation with this immense grace.
                            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• What does it mean double digit gains in the USA?

Comment

• the covid-19 impact

Till the World Ends
                                iTunes:
                                #120 Norway (+2)
                                #314 Spain (+16)
                                #389 Belgium (+34)
                                #450 Switzerland (+3)!

Comment

• Comment

• Britney's Top 5 Non-single tracks from her first 4 albums on Spotify are:

1. Breathe On Me - 9,770,319
                                    2. (I Got That) Boom Boom - 8,466,733
                                    3. The Hook Up - 5,457,997
                                    4. Cinderella - 5,330,358
                                    5. What U See (Is What U Get) - 4,376,770

As expected, "Breathe On Me" is her most famous album track from her prime / golden years (well technically it is "My Only Wish (This Year)", but I'm only addressing her studio albums).

"Cinderella" is the Top non-single track out of her first 3 albums.

---

The reason I focussed on her first 4 albums it's because some of her newer album tracks have higher streams but not because they're better or anything but because the newer the album is the easier for it to get more streams , that's why "Glory" (Britney's most recent album) basically has the most streamed album tracks of her career. The older the album is the harder for it to get streams specially with songs that were not released as singles. All of her first 4 albums were released +16 years ago, so I wanted to see which songs were standing out from this nearly two decade old period.

Comment

• I don't know if it's just me, but "Toxic" never felt as huge as "Baby" or even "Oops", so the fact it ended up surpassing them in the long run is impressive.

It's really hard to imagine Britney's career without "Toxic". Yes, she was already one of the best-selling female artists of all time prior to it, but that song gave her enough credibility to become a proper adult pop star. Even with four #1 albums to her name, she was often regarded as a "teen pop product" by many. It came exactly at the right time.

If Britney listened to her label and didn't fight for "Toxic" to be released, "In the Zone" would have sold a LOT less. And I'm pretty sure "Greatest Hits: My Prerogative" wouldn't exist today. But most importantly - the entire second half of her career would've been deeply affected by this. I don't see "Blackout", "Circus", or even "Femme Fatale" happening in a world without "Toxic".

Comment

• Last edited by pedrolabre; Thu March 19th, 2020, 20:46.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                          Britney's Top 5 Non-single tracks from her first 4 albums on Spotify are:

1. Breathe On Me - 9,770,319
                                          2. (I Got That) Boom Boom - 8,466,733
                                          3. The Hook Up - 5,457,997
                                          3/5 songs being from "In the Zone". Nice. I'm pointing this out because people act like nobody streams the album outside of "Toxic", which is obviously not the case at all.

Comment

I don't know if it's just me, but "Toxic" never felt as huge as "Baby" or even "Oops", so the fact it ended up surpassing them in the long run is impressive.

It's really hard to imagine Britney's career without "Toxic". Yes, she was already one of the best-selling female artists of all time prior to it, but that song gave her enough credibility to become a proper adult pop star. Even with four #1 albums to her name, she was often regarded as a "teen pop product" by many. It came exactly at the right time.

If Britney listened to her label and didn't fight for "Toxic" to be released, "In the Zone" would have sold a LOT less. And I'm pretty sure "Greatest Hits: My Prerogative" wouldn't exist today. But most importantly - the entire second half of her career would've been deeply affected by this. I don't see "Blackout", "Circus", or even "Femme Fatale" happening in a world without "Toxic".
                                            I can't really imagine her career without "Toxic", it took her pop sound to the next level! It was that magnum opus moment in her career.

Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                            3/5 songs being from "In the Zone". Nice. I'm pointing this out because people act like nobody streams the album outside of "Toxic", which is obviously not the case at all.
                                            Yeah I know and that's not the case ... "Toxic" has a sh*tload of streams and it does overshadow the rest of the album but still 3 album tracks from ITZ are basically her 3 most streamed non-singles tracks from her first 4 albums and "Everytime" has more streams than every single from her first 3 albums (except for "Baby", "Oops" and "Slave"). It clocked big popular tunes like "Sometimes", "Crazy", "Lucky" and "Stronger" .

Comment

I don't know if it's just me, but "Toxic" never felt as huge as "Baby" or even "Oops", so the fact it ended up surpassing them in the long run is impressive.

She would be in the same place as Xtina today if it wasn't for the immaculate In the Zone era. It really took her pop icon status to another level.

Comment

• Well, she had 7 consecutive studio eras of hit singles over the course of 13 years and each of those eras represented or added something to her legacy. "Blackout" (due to it's legacy and brilliance) and "Circus" (due to it's turn around / comeback nature) became essential records in her career and solified her status as a true pop icon with a strong pop legacy, while "Femme Fatale" gave her a taste of longevity and hits on the radio 13 years into her career proving that she was meant to last longer than what most people could have predicted in 1998.

Comment

• Originally posted by American Life View Post

She would be in the same place as Xtina today if it wasn't for the immaculate In the Zone era. It really took her pop icon status to another level.
                                                  I wouldn't go that far tbh. Even prior to "Toxic" she already had a remarkable career. But yeah, she definitely wouldn't be where she is today.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                                    Well, she had 7 consecutive studio eras of hit singles over the course of 13 years and each of those eras represented or added something to her legacy. "Blackout" (due to it's legacy and brilliance) and "Circus" (due to it's turn around / comeback nature) became essential records in her career and solified her status as a true pop icon with a strong pop legacy, while "Femme Fatale" gave her a taste of longevity and hits on the radio 13 years into her career proving that she was meant to last longer than what most people could have predicted in 1998.
                                                    We can consider Vegas Era an important part of her career as well, even if not musically

between 2013-2018 she proved to be a strong name when it comes to sell tickets despite failing on the charts

Comment

Working...
                                                    X