X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• britney probably will reach 200M in May

Comment

• Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post

We can consider Vegas Era an important part of her career as well, even if not musically

between 2013-2018 she proved to be a strong name when it comes to sell tickets despite failing on the charts
      Yeah I know but I was talking about music eras and in that sense only her first 7 studio eras added to her pop legacy. The "Piece Of Me" era (2013-2018) was very important in a different area / aspect (Vegas, Touring and Ticket sales) but musically wise it basically added nothing to her legacy, only "Work Bitch" perhaps might have been the only song from this period that kinda turned iconic in the Britney universe but other than that the "Britney Jean" album represented something negative in her career and "Glory" was very loved by fans but had no impact in the music scene.
      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Toxic current success just shows you that chart peaks don’t really mean anything. I mean the song was still a global smash, but its chart performance wasn’t as good as Baby or Oops, yet it ended up outstreaming both of them on the most important streaming platform

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
          Toxic current success just shows you that chart peaks don’t really mean anything. I mean the song was still a global smash, but its chart performance wasn’t as good as Baby or Oops, yet it ended up outstreaming both of them on the most important streaming platform
          You're making it seem like if "Toxic" struggled on the charts back in the day or something

Australia #1
          Austria #5
          Belgium F #6
          Belgium W #6
          Canada #1
          Czech Republic #1
          Denmark #4
          Finland #8
          France #3
          Germany #4
          Greece #1
          Hungary #1
          Ireland #1
          Italy #4
          Netherlands #4
          New Zealand #2
          Norway #1
          Portugal #1
          Romania #4
          Scotland #1
          Spain #5
          Sweden #2
          Switzerland #4
          UK #1
          USA #9

It was #1 in 10 countries ... But I get what you mean, "Baby One More Time" was #1 everywhere and "Oops I Did It Again" was #1 and Top 3 nearly everywhere. They felt bigger.
          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

You're making it seem like if "Toxic" struggled on the charts back in the day or something

Australia #1
            Austria #5
            Belgium F #6
            Belgium W #6
            Canada #1
            Czech Republic #1
            Denmark #4
            Finland #8
            France #3
            Germany #4
            Greece #1
            Hungary #1
            Ireland #1
            Italy #4
            Netherlands #4
            New Zealand #2
            Norway #1
            Portugal #1
            Romania #4
            Scotland #1
            Spain #5
            Sweden #2
            Switzerland #4
            UK #1
            USA #9

It was #1 in 10 countries ... But I get what you mean, "Baby One More Time" was #1 everywhere and "Oops I Did It Again" was #1 and Top 3 nearly everywhere. They felt bigger.
            I didn’t mean it like that it was obviously a global smash but I was under the impression that Baby and Oops were bigger not only in terms of peaks, but also in terms of longevity on the charts etc.

Comment

• I’m not sure it was less successful than oops...
              oops came when she was fresh new artist (chart and sales wise) after huge era (baby) and for an iconic video and catchy song like oops the #1 chart peaks came naturally, when toxic released (yes she was mega celeb) she already had a lot of negative people on her as an artist (she had a lot of buzz around her with the sexuality, justin, playback) and her hits from self titled wasn’t so huge like the first 2 so....toxic did amazing, IMO toxic felt like much more iconic and remembered than oops and even baby

Comment

I didn’t mean it like that it was obviously a global smash but I was under the impression that Baby and Oops were bigger not only in terms of peaks, but also in terms of longevity on the charts etc.
                It depends on the market .... The 3 songs had great chart-runs around the globe.

Obviously "Baby" chart-runs are unbeatable and out of this world and miles superior ..... But regarding Oops vs Toxic, the latter had better chart runs in Australia, France, Ireland, Italy and USA. And both are pretty equal in UK in terms of chart-run.

Comment

• And I think if her team would take care about her old stuff toxic would get new certifications in Canada Swiss Belgium Germany and double platinum in aus sweden

Comment

• At the end of the day each of them "Baby", "Oops" and "Toxic" is the biggest female song of their respective years (1998, 2000, 2004).

in the case of "Toxic", it is the second most streamed female song from 2004 on Spotify (behind Alicia Keys' "If I Ain't Got You") but when you combine both Spotify and Youtube "Toxic" takes the lead as the #1 Top female song of that year.

Comment

• glory streams are so sad

Comment

• Are they really, though? The album is basically four years old and spawned no big hits whatsoever. Those streams are all from her core fan base.

So many recent female albums are struggling to hit 100-200 million. I wouldn’t say Glory’s streams are the saddest thing in the world.

Comment

glory streams are so sad
                          "Britney Jean" streams are way worse considering it has "Work Bitch" on it.

Also the "Britney" album has weak streams if we consider the fact that it has 5 singles (6 including "Anticipating") and songs like "I'm A Slave 4 U" on it.

"Glory" doesn't have any impactful classic or song for her career, and it's already pulling higher daily streams than some more recent albums that I won't mention.

Comment

• Make Me... should’ve been included in some playlists. There are songs that performed worse than Make Me... on the charts and still ended up outstreaming it because of more playlists support

Comment

Make Me... should’ve been included in some playlists. There are songs that performed worse than Make Me... on the charts and still ended up outstreaming it because of more playlists support
                              Actually, “Make Me” had playlist support back in the day.

In fact, the song had very decent promotion when released (Radio deal, playlists, strategic discount, TV performances, Ads, remixes, etc), it had a lot of pushing. And thanks to all that the song went Platinum and peaked at #17 on the Hot 100 twice.

the thing is that once the song’s promo cycle ended it was dead , it was a single for that specific moment and not the type of song that will ever transcend generations over time or become a classic in Britney’s career, it did ok / cute in 2016 but won’t ever do good anytime outside of that year. Also that basic music video will always prevent that song from becoming iconic.
                              Last edited by MrLeonix; Fri March 20th, 2020, 17:39.

Comment

• OIDIA started doing over 100k daily views daily again
                                2020/03/11 77,585
                                2020/03/12 86,464
                                2020/03/13 94,412
                                2020/03/14 114,709
                                2020/03/15 102,599
                                2020/03/16 98,172
                                2020/03/17 107,343
                                2020/03/18 109,750
                                2020/03/19 140,864
                                Britney - Poppy - Mariah - Lana - Gaga - Bjork

Comment

• 2020/03/18 223,826
                                  2020/03/19 277,214
                                  This 4 second viral helped the video to do almost 300k views yesterday lol

Comment

• She is the queen of coronavirus!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Does anyone know Britney’s chart history in Japan?

Comment

• “Femme Fatale” turns 9!

13 years into her career, “Femme Fatale” became her sixth #1 album on the Billboard 200 and her first #1 album in Australia while hitting the Top 10 in nearly every market.

The album received certifications in several countries around the world including France, Portugal, Sweden, Russia, UK, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Ireland, Australia among others. In the USA in particular the album is eligible for a 2x Platinum certification.

4 singles were released with strong radio impact and success, the frist 3 singles consecutively reached the Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100, the Hot 100 Airplay and The Mainstream Top 40 becoming Britney’s album with the most Top 10 hits in the USA. In consequence Britney was ranked the 10th biggest hitmaker of the year on the Billboard Hot 100 year-end chart.

”Hold It Against Me” hit #1 in the USA and registered high peaks everywhere in the world due to high demand and hype however it was the second single “Till The World Ends” the greater performer with solid Top 10 placements on the global charts, good chart-runs and longevity achieving multi-platinum status in multiple countries including the US where it sold over 3million units (pure sales alone), the 3rd single and Top 10 hit “I Wanna Go” became her biggest US solo radio hit and achieved commercial success all over The Americas and selected markets like France where it enjoyed major success.

The 4th single “Criminal” failed to match the previous singles’ success but it obtained decent placements in several charts like France and had major success in Brazil. Recently the song rebounded in terms of recurrent performance and it is Femme Fatale’s current Top streamed single (daily).

The era was responsible for Britney’s placement on the Billboard Top 100 Artists Of The Decade list.

Comment

• I wonder if Hold It Against Me could’ve been an actual hit with longevity if it had been promoted more

Comment

I wonder if Hold It Against Me could’ve been an actual hit with longevity if it had been promoted more
                                              The tired “longevity” debate about “Hold It Against me”.

.. Some people act as if the song debuted at #1 and then was out of the chart after 3 weeks or something.

”Hold It Against Me” spent 5 weeks inside the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 and by it’s 7th week it was still charting at #12 (Work Bitch’s peak). Additionally the song spent 6 weeks inside the Top 10 of the Hot 100 Airplay chart.

I know those aren’t huge super results but they aren’t as bad as some people make it seem to be and those results shouldn’t be stigmatized anymore. Just because it had a moderate performance and didn’t spend 20 weeks at #1 doesn’t mean the song wasn’t a hit.

I’ve seen other songs getting a 1 week Top 10 peak on the Hot 100 getting praised. “Gimme More” only spent 3 weeks inside the Top 10 of the Hot 100 and no one says a thing about it.

Comment

• MrLeonix i believe the stigma comes from de Digital Sales run

debuting with 411,000 sales and ending up with less than 1.7M total

but sure, the chart run no hot 100 is decent

Comment

• Her team should've done EVERYTHING to make TTWE a number 1 hit too. Don't care how much payola they would've used but it would've been fantastic to have three number 1s in a single year.

Comment

MrLeonix i believe the stigma comes from de Digital Sales run

debuting with 411,000 sales and ending up with less than 1.7M total

but sure, the chart run no hot 100 is decent
                                                    I get it ... but IMO it’s about the whole package, airplay also counts and the chart-run (points) too.

Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                                    Her team should've done EVERYTHING to make TTWE a number 1 hit too. Don't care how much payola they would've used but it would've been fantastic to have three number 1s in a single year.
                                                    Had they released the remix one or two weeks earlier the song would have hit #1 easily.

They waited a bit long, they waited for the song to leave the Top on the Hot 100 and decline (that week) in airplay to release the remix and even still they made the song skyrocket to #3 ... obviously coinciding the remix while the song was at is peak would have been the best strategy and a safe #1.

IMO they didn’t do it earlier because they didn’t believe in the potential of a remix, it wasn’t until they saw that power with the “S&M Remix” that they got motivated for the TTWE remix.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X