No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 9th anniversary to "Femme Fatale" Like you said, that era was enough to make Britney one of the most successful artists of the entire 2010s decade, so clearly that means something.

Regarding "Hold It Against Me" - I fully agree that people do the most when it comes to that song's "lack of longevity". Nowadays you have people praising songs that spend 1 or 2 weeks in the Top 10, yet "Hold It Against Me" was a flop? I guess that's the thing with Britney. Her standards have always been too high.

Three multi-platinum singles off one album and another one coming for platinum. Queen did THAT.

Comment

• Rolling Stone Top 500 Artists (ranked by audio streams in the US):

Week 03/13 - 7.5 million streams (#250)
      Week 03/06 - 7.6 million streams (#274)
      Week 02/28 - 7.7 million streams (#280)
      Week 02/21 - 7.9 million streams (#267)
      Week 02/14 - 7.8 million streams (#275)
      Week 02/07 - 7.8 million streams (#274)
      Week 01/31 - 7.7 million streams (#275)
      Week 01/24 - 7.2 million streams (#287)
      Week 01/17 - 7.0 million streams (#291)
      Week 01/10 - 6.8 million streams (#294)
      Week 01/03 - 6.8 million streams (#298)
      Week 12/27 - 6.6 million streams (#287)
      Week 12/20 - 8.7 million streams (#248)
      Week 12/13 - 8.4 million streams (#259)
      Week 12/06 - 8.1 million streams (#273)
      Week 11/29 - 7.4 million streams (#274)
      Week 11/22 - 7.0 million streams (#286)
      Week 11/15 - 6.8 million streams (#297)
      Week 11/08 - 6.9 million streams (#289)
      Week 11/01 - 7.1 million streams (#279)
      Week 10/25 - 7.1 million streams (#280)
      Week 10/18 - 6.2 million streams (#297)
      Week 10/11 - 6.8 million streams (#292)
      Week 10/04 - 6.6 million streams (#301)
      Week 09/27 - 6.9 million streams (#282)
      Week 09/20 - 7.0 million streams (#289)
      Week 09/13 - 6.8 million streams (#289)
      Week 09/06 - 6.5 million streams (#289)
      Week 08/30 - 6.5 million streams (#298)
      Week 08/23 - 6.8 million streams (#293)
      Week 08/16 - 6.6 million streams (#285)
      Week 08/09 - 7.1 million streams (#280)
      Week 08/02 - 7.0 million streams (#279)
      Week 07/26 - 6.9 million streams (#291)
      Week 07/19 - 6.8 million streams (#297)
      Week 07/12 - 6.7 million streams (#293)
      Week 07/05 - 6.3 million streams (#300)
      Week 06/28 - 6.7 million streams (#298)
      Week 06/21 - 6.8 million streams (#295)

Total: 276,9 million audio streams in the US since June 21, 2019.

Highest position she's been so far aside from Christmas. Also, she was the second most streamed pre-2000 female artist last week, after Shakira.

1. Shakira
      2. Britney Spears
      3. Mariah Carey
      4. Enya
      5. Whitney Houston
      6. Madonna
      7. Jennifer Lopez
      8. Mary J. Blige
      9. Lisa Loeb

Shakira really benefited from that Super Bowl performance. She was the star of the show.

Source: https://www.rollingstone.com/charts/artists/2020-03-14/

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
        Happy 9th anniversary to "Femme Fatale" Like you said, that era was enough to make Britney one of the most successful artists of the entire 2010s decade, so clearly that means something.

Regarding "Hold It Against Me" - I fully agree that people do the most when it comes to that song's "lack of longevity". Nowadays you have people praising songs that spend 1 or 2 weeks in the Top 10, yet "Hold It Against Me" was a flop? I guess that's the thing with Britney. Her standards have always been too high.

Three multi-platinum singles off one album and another one coming for platinum. Queen did THAT.
        3 consecutive Multi-Platinum (eligible) Top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, The hot 100 Airplay, The Mainstream Top 40 and The Digital songs chart. 3 consecutive #1 singles on the dance / club play chart. The first 3 singles exceeded in every aspect (peaks, chart-runs, airplay, digital charts, clubs) when she was 13 years into her career.

And the album is 2x Platinum - eligible now.

Multi-Platinum album, Multi-Platinum singles, Multi-Platinum era = Automatic placement on the 2010s Billboard Top 100 artists of the decade list.
        Last edited by MrLeonix; Fri March 27th, 2020, 00:25.
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

The tired “longevity” debate about “Hold It Against me”.

.. Some people act as if the song debuted at #1 and then was out of the chart after 3 weeks or something.

”Hold It Against Me” spent 5 weeks inside the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 and by it’s 7th week it was still charting at #12 (Work Bitch’s peak). Additionally the song spent 6 weeks inside the Top 10 of the Hot 100 Airplay chart.

I know those aren’t huge super results but they aren’t as bad as some people make it seem to be and those results shouldn’t be stigmatized anymore. Just because it had a moderate performance and didn’t spend 20 weeks at #1 doesn’t mean the song wasn’t a hit.

I’ve seen other songs getting a 1 week Top 10 peak on the Hot 100 getting praised. “Gimme More” only spent 3 weeks inside the Top 10 of the Hot 100 and no one says a thing about it.
          Yeah I know that it did pretty well, also considering that she was 13 years into her career, but I wish it could’ve been as big as TTWE. And I completely agree that people do the most when it comes to HIAM, it was a non promoted single that spent 5 weeks in the top 10 and iirc the video came out like a month later
          Last edited by Enzolorenzo; Fri March 27th, 2020, 04:30.

Comment

• And then we kiss
            And then we kiss commented
            Editing a comment
            I see it just now ttwe was highly promoted song by her and her team...she performed the song with big names (like nicki) on billboard awards and on tv shows, the song was the encore in ff tour and on Pom(for about 5 years residency) WB was also highly promoted song through the years, those 2 are as catchy as hold it...
            The only difference is that hold it was released, she made an awful performance on the gma show and the ff tour since then both Britney and her team denied that this song existed Imo that’s the reason it’s seems like it had no longevity, even on the remixes album she put songs that barely charted instead of #1 song

• "Oops!...I Did It Again" was released 20 years ago today!

The song remains one of the biggest and most recognizable hits of the 2000s decade. It hit #1 in at least 16 countries and didn't miss the Top 10 in any official chart. In fact, its lowest peak was in the US, at #9.

Some stats....

#1: Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Europe, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Romania, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
          Top 5: Austria, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland
          Top 10: Portugal, United States

YouTube views currently stand at 251,073,349, while Spotify streams stand at 269,146,059 for a combined total of over half a billion streams. No other female song from the year 2000 comes close and on top of that, it is one of the Top 30 biggest female songs of the entire 2000s decade.

Happy 20th anniversary to this classic!

Comment

• Wow 20 years!

Happy Anniversary to "Oops I Did It Again" ... It is by now the most legendary and streamed female song from the year 2000. Iconic as hell.
            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• 20 years of being a classic!

Comment

• Had they properly released (physically) “Oops I Did It Again” (song) in the USA the song would have been an undeniable #1 hit on the Billboard Hot 100. Can’t imagine the unprecedented records for a physical single’s sales the song would have set on release.

Comment

• According to ChartMasters it’s the best-selling single of the 2000s by a female artist??
                  https://chartmasters.org/2019/03/big...-of-the-2000s/
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                    According to ChartMasters it’s the best-selling single of the 2000s by a female artist??
                    https://chartmasters.org/2019/03/big...-of-the-2000s/
                    Except it isn’t.

That list is based on CSPC units, not sales.

But yeah, “Oops I Did It Again” could be considered one of the most impactful singles from that decade if we consider all factors combined (the song’s performance on charts, recurrent streams and the fact that it comes in an album that sold 20million copies = the millions of people that have consumed that song over time is A LOT).

Comment

• A classic. I remember seeing the video for the very first time as a kid. I was soooo excited.
                      Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Let's not forget the song had a limited physical release. It was only released in Europe, Oceania and Japan, so its sales are not huge by any means. Also, single sales were already declining by 2000 in most countries.

Oops!...I Did It Again (album) – 19,305,000
                        Oops!...I Did It Again (single) – 2,880,000
                        Greatest Hits: My Prerogative – 6,145,000
                        The Singles Collection – 1,045,000
                        Playlist: The Very Best of Britney Spears – 175,000
                        Oops! I Did It Again: The Best of Britney Spears – 75,000
                        The Essential Britney Spears – 70,000

"Oops" has been purchased nearly 30 million times since its release, in one way or another. And that's not even including streaming.

Comment

"Oops" has been purchased nearly 30 million times since its release, in one way or another. And that's not even including streaming.
                          Exactly.

Also, I don't think her second album would have sold that much without such a strong lead single as "Oops", she was coming from a +20million selling debut album and rematching that success again / consecutively was only possible with the right and accurate single to pull the move and the "Oops" single managed to meet those expectations perfectly, that speaks volumes on the song and how truly impactful it was for her career and the pop scene.

Comment

• 3 singles from Circus (Album) were among the top 10 most-streamed Britney songs (solo) yesterday.

I would say "If U Seek Amy" is doing pretty well lately considering it was far from being a big hit. It went platinum in the US yes but other than that it didn't exactly set the charts on fire. A cult classic in the making.

Comment

• Pollstar just released this ranking of the highest-grossing female touring acts since the year 2000.

Britney ranks at #8 even with 70+ unreported shows, including her highly successful Asian tour.

Comment

3 singles from Circus (Album) were among the top 10 most-streamed Britney songs (solo) yesterday.

I would say "If U Seek Amy" is doing pretty well lately considering it was far from being a big hit. It went platinum in the US yes but other than that it didn't exactly set the charts on fire. A cult classic in the making.
                                “If U Seek Amy” should be at 1,7M SPS in the US right?

Comment

• Hiam (aka my fave single from the ‘10) is starting to do 13,000 daily views on YouTube, it’s kinda bad but it’s nice since the last year it barely did 10,000 daily...

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post

Somewhere around that yeah. Over 1.3 million pure. 2x Platinum coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post

I believe it’s at 1.75M now

Last edited by pedrolabre; Sat March 28th, 2020, 23:57.

Comment

• There was a small increase for "Oops" on YouTube on its anniversary yesterday.

2020/03/25 138,774
                                        2020/03/26 134,380
                                        2020/03/27 168,063
                                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• "Oops" had its first 200k update on YouTube yesterday and therefore its biggest day so far

Comment

• And almost 300K views for "...Baby One More Time"
                                            2020/03/26 257,907
                                            2020/03/27 262,308
                                            2020/03/28 292,764
                                            + 201k views for "Toxic"
                                            2020/03/26 173,683
                                            2020/03/27 177,199
                                            2020/03/28 201,202

Comment

• Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post

I believe it’s at 1.75M now

I was about to comment how wrong this list was and then I realized it's from more than 1 year ago

Comment

• Comment

• "Toxic" is over 400million streams on Spotify (including remixes) and the "Circus" (song) is already over 100million streams on Spotify (including remixes)

--

Her eras with +100million songs

Baby One More Time Era:

- Baby One More Time - 281,975,075 (including remixes)

Oops I Did It Again Era:

- Oops I Did It Again - 270,099,470 (album version)

In The Zone Era:

- Toxic - 402,606,098 (including remixes)

Circus Era:

- Womanizer - 190,530,401 (including remixes)
                                                  - Circus - 102,314,365 (including remixes)

Femme Fatale Era:

- Till The World Ends - 106,288,454 (including remixes)

Britney Jean Era:

- Work Bitch - 171,867,691 (album version)

Glory Era:

- Make Me - 112,575,506 (including remixes)

-

"Gimme More" is at 99,461,488 streams on Spotify including remixes, so the "Blackout" era will join the list next week.
                                                  Last edited by MrLeonix; Mon March 30th, 2020, 19:19.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X